JimB

Have not seen anything posted. Anybody know if it is happening this year?

I would love to bring my Hot Foot 20 down from Sylvan Lake Alberta but I doubt the mast would take the punishment if it was a windy year. The top section of my mast is  tapered and flexible like the Martin 242.. Thinking it would likely snap. 

Love to see more Double Damed videos on Youtube if it happens this year

1 hour ago, JimB said:

Have not seen anything posted. Anybody know if it is happening this year?

I would love to bring my Hot Foot 20 down from Sylvan Lake Alberta but I doubt the mast would take the punishment if it was a windy year. The top section of my mast is  tapered and flexible like the Martin 242.. Thinking it would likely snap. 

Love to see more Double Damed videos on Youtube if it happens this year

Nah, I think they can take a good bit of breeze.  Less than half the weight of a 242 so not a whole lot of RM to load things up too much.  I watched one racing RTB years ago in about 30 kts.  After rounding the weather mark  they popped the kite and must have been doing 20+ kts. They completed the shortish downwind leg in maybe 2 minutes and were dropping the kite to round when the next boat rounded the weather mark

So it happened already.  Anyone with any good stories or video? Was it windy this year?   I suppose if there was big wind I could reef the main taking some pressure off the top section of my mast. I have  never reefed this boat but would think it would not slow me down  much if the wind down was blowing 25 plus kits. 

Bring your hotfoot down for Delta Ditch Run next year. I will be back and hope to contact the other two that I know of in CA. 

We broke a rudder strap after about 50 miles(reaching leg after Antioch bridge) of spending a few really fun hours at 10-14 kts. 

http://www.rockskipper.com/Sailing-Galleries/2017-Delta-Ditch-Run/Ditch-Run/i-7BkbDvf/A

Archived