• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Leo decided he liked the boat with rot, tradition and lineage included. He didn’t like the mangled foundations and decided that if he was going to replace the frames, he wasn’t just gonna copy

That's a good question Southercross. Leo seems to me to be a very bright person who has decided to concentrate on a certain trade and displays the level of knowledge commensurate with his level of int

Thanks for all your interest and support, all!

Posted Images

Based on the very detailed mechanical drawing he showed, there's no space issue. It looks like a great solution. I actually have more qualms about going with a turbo over a normally aspirated motor than with the hybrid but I understand his compromise there in order to get the power and generation capacity up.

The bigger question is what kind of battery system he'll go with. I suspect it'll be a lithium system due to size & weight considerations, not to mention charge acceptance with 12KW at his disposal. I do hope he goes with a well-engineered, BMS-based commercial solution rather than dropping in some Battleborns or equivalent. It'll cost a lot more but the engineering will have been worked out and he'll have vendor support. Given his high profile, his vendors are going to be motivated to make sure their stuff gets working and stays working.

I'm confident he'll make a good decision on the batteries too because if we know anything about Leo, it's that cost is not a top consideration in any decisions having to do with Tally Ho. 

Leo's an artist as well as all his other talents , took him 2 years to let us see 

well the cat's outa the bag now Leo 

sign me up for a copy of the coffee table book :)

The good thing is he said a lot of his power needs are being driven by his shooting and video editing infrastructure, which implies that we'll be watching "The Adventures of Tally Ho" for years to come. I can't wait to see what Leo, Cecca, some cats, and a rug rat or two get up to. 

36 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

What a great engine choice, but damn that's going to be expensive. There must be a lot of other patrons like me!

Anyone have an idea what the spread is from a standard Beta 85?  

Very cool solution. I’d like to see more detail on the regen calcs - can a variable pitch prop really function well enough in reverse to efficiently generate substantial power underway?

• 2 weeks later...

EPISODE 88. It’s holiday season, so happy Christmas, Solstice, Hanukkah, Las Posadas, or whatever! As Saint Nicholas screams overhead in a pandemic-proof jet-powered sleigh, the Tally Ho crew are are merrily cutting planks and pounding rivets. In this episode we get to know the voluntary crew a bit better as we learn new things about Clench Rings, Butt Blocks, and Bucking Irons (it may sounds dirty, but I promise these are legit boatbuilding terms). On Christmas day we have 31 planks on the boat!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Not that I could do any better (!) but.... every time it is on screen, I can't help thinking "I'm really surprised that plank made it past Leo's quality-assurance standards...."

seam.thumb.JPG.e9769a3b73b6c7f684cc491582c88329.JPG

Not an expert by any means, as the last time I was involved in building boats was over 10 years ago now.  Perhaps closer to 15.... Anyway, when I was new to the game I was involved in a project very similar to Tally Ho.  It was a new-build, but used essentially the same materials and techniques (Only real difference is that while we had bronze floors, there were no knees or breast hooks.  Thank god).  In this case I’d say that maybe someone got a bit aggressive with the caulk seam bevel, but even just going outside the pencil line rather than inside will make a difference in the outward appearance.  Also, as the plank is in the tuck, and so is a bit extra thick (the back side was rounded to fit the frames but the face is flat, so the plank is the correct thickness at the edges but proud in the middle), which would exaggerate the caulk bevel.  This will get hollowed out in the fairing process.  Even if the caulk bevel is a bit off, if it’s a tight fit  at the frame side (I expect it is, as you can adjust that before fastening the plank), that’s no reason to junk a big and valuable piece of planking stock.  It’ll be fine.  Heck, all four planks in view have different butt seam widths, so whatever.  Carvel planking as a method is by nature fairly imprecise and forgiving of small mistakes.  Heck, there’s a story where they say they’ll never truly re-create the schooner Bluenose, because no one will ever know how closely the builders got to the plans....could be out inches in many measurements.  

• Like 2
On 1/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, sledracr said:

Not that I could do any better (!) but.... every time it is on screen, I can't help thinking "I'm really surprised that plank made it past Leo's quality-assurance standards...."

seam.thumb.JPG.e9769a3b73b6c7f684cc491582c88329.JPG

That plank is obviously planned for easy removal in case they need to get to the propeller shaft. Everything on Tally-Ho is on purpose. Just like 'Handley Cross or Mr. Jorrocks's Hunt' (which may have graced the shelves aboard Tally-Ho in earlier times) absolute English order in all things, as they have always been. 

52 minutes ago, PaulK said:

That plank is obviously planned for easy removal in case they need to get to the propeller shaft. 

You mean the shaft that exits in the cut-out a couple of feet above that plank?  Clever!!!  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sledracr said:

You mean the shaft that exits in the cut-out a couple of feet above that plank?  Clever!!!  

You're right.  The big hole I thought was the shaft must be a drift or bolt with its head sunk. The holes look to be about the same diameter.  Good thing I'm not building this.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Sail plan time. The best part is where Leo points out that square top sails on performance boats like the current ACs, are basically gaff rigs with an angled batten standing in for the gaff and the main and topsail combined into one. Everything new is old again. 

• Like 4

Amazing as usual, so glad this is the project I've chosen to be a very tiny patron for.

Gotta be THE BEST on YouTube ,

cuppa and a new vid , wot a way to start the day :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the other projects like this I watched, maybe the the Western Flyer?, they left a gap of a couple of planks to make it easier to move materials and tools into and out of the boat while working on the internal structures. I wonder if Leo is going to do that.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

One of the other projects like this I watched, maybe the the Western Flyer?, they left a gap of a couple of planks to make it easier to move materials and tools into and out of the boat while working on the internal structures. I wonder if Leo is going to do that.

Same.  But Western Flyer is a much  bigger ship requiring bigger tools sometimes. 

One way to increase efficiency and you start to work on the interior and deck is build a working floor surrounding much of the boat at deck level. Moving your table saw/bandsaw etc up there and most of the tools so you don't have to go up and down stairs all day.

4 hours ago, Zonker said:

One way to increase efficiency and you start to work on the interior and deck is build a working floor surrounding much of the boat at deck level. Moving your table saw/bandsaw etc up there and most of the tools so you don't have to go up and down stairs all day.

That would be ideal, Zonk, but does Leo have the space around TH? Or knowing Leo, he'll just knock out a larger tent structure over a weekend or two...Still enjoying this project.

wonder what's happened to the doubting Thomas's at the start of the fred who did not think Leo would see this through ?

doubt WW# would stop him now :)

21 hours ago, Zonker said:

Acorn to Arabella has done something like this.

It doesn't have to be wide - 4' or so with a railing. Have a platform at one end for the big power tools if you need space. Lots of room at the transom or alongside the bow (because people build rectangular covering sheds but boats are pointy at the bow thus more room for a bigger platform at the bow.

Why not put the tools on the deck itself, or on a hatch cover? No need to build a platform. Much of the interior was taken out and put in storage at the outset, so how much are heavy tools going to be needed anyway?

2 hours ago, PaulK said:

Why not put the tools on the deck itself, or on a hatch cover? No need to build a platform. Much of the interior was taken out and put in storage at the outset, so how much are heavy tools going to be needed anyway?

There will be nothing actually left original of the old Talley Ho. These folks are quite enterprising with many facets in this sophisticated social media marketing boat program. There is even an old wood reuse initiative in the works. Get on that donor list, take a piece of the old Ho and personally feel part of this solid program.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 5.04.00 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
2 hours ago, Black Jack said:

There will be nothing actually left original of the old Talley Ho. These folks are quite enterprising with many facets in this sophisticated social media marketing boat program. There is even an old wood reuse initiative in the works. Get on that donor list, take a piece of the old Ho and personally feel part of this solid program.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 5.04.00 PM.png

Oops- got her confused with Coronet, in Newport. Coronet's interior has been stowed away.  Tally Ho was an empty hull when Leo got her. 

14 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

German magazine summarises one of Leo's videos: https://floatmagazin.de/leute/das-plankenkleid-der-tally-ho-leo-sampson

I guess it's a cheap way of filling pages

Possibly a good way for Leo to add to his viewers and supporters as well. After reading the article, English-speaking Germans who hadn't known about Tally Ho are likely to look her up online. Note how they must have gotten his OK to  use his copyrighted photos throughout the article.    

Latest video. Hard to tell if Leo or the neighbor is  being a whiny bitch or not. The neighbor does have a point he basically has a saw mill running next to him for several years. The county does have a point Leo is collecting income and paying employees.  No taxation happening. Building and other codes out of compliance. Everyone appreciates what he is doing (except the neighbor where there is prior bad blood that predates him apparently). 
Is  Leo being cool or homo? 

• Like 1
On 2/15/2021 at 4:00 AM, Mid said:

wonder what's happened to the doubting Thomas's at the start of the fred who did not think Leo would see this through ?

doubt WW# would stop him now :)

No. But the county might. 

So what started up as a backyard personal project has now basically mutated into a commercially operated shipyard...

The pitfalls of a disruptive business model, where the product of the endeavor is not considered the economic goal, but the internet content generated along the way.

I guess this is what it will come down to, what is the ultimate aim of Leo's project? For most of us here, I don't think there is much doubt, we all just want to see Tally Ho sailing again. But from a legal and tax point of view, it's hard to dispute the fact that whatever he's doing, he's generating income from it.

Lots of you guys out there are based in the PNW, anyone out there who can reach out to Leo and give him a hand with the county, to ensure at least that Tally Ho can be completed to a moveable condition before being forced out of Sequim?

Of course, he will then need to find a suitable shipyard as well to finish the project...

• Like 1

“I've already sent an email to the county commissioners protesting his treatment- here's the form for Clallam county's general contact form- you can find the one specifically for their community development office on the same website.”

http://www.clallam.net/features/emailClallam.asp?em=general

YTubers steppin’ up for Leo

• Like 2

On a smaller scale my boat projects have been subjected to rules, weird neighbors and economics.   I feel for Leo but, as he says, he knew this going forward from the time they first showed up to hassle the shed details.

He’ll prolly lose in a hearing & then relocate to a better spot.   Life will be better in the end for Leo.  

Tally Ho!

Wherever you go in the world these days, there is a Department of Don't Do Anything Interesting (DODDAI).

DODDAI never dares tackle the abuses of big business (esp the major polluters), because the big guys are lawyered up and politicianed up.   So the bureaucrats go for the soft targets, i.e. the little people who have no lawyers and no compliance department.  Belch crap out the chimney of your factory: no problem.  But make a minor and inconsequential error in the size of your hardstanding or the config of your guttering, and Borg is coming your way.

Around my way, these enforcers are easily identifiable: they drive shiny, newish cars and wear expensive anoraks whilst harassing people in cheap wellies and tired overalls who use 15-year-old vehicles.  We have phone trees and messaging groups to track the movements of DODDAI.

• Like 2

I'm curious how many of the other neighbors have "home based industry" issues.  I'm gonna guess, for example, that any of them who raise livestock or grow hay or whatever, have both revenue and labor associated with their efforts.  Probably noise (farm equipment) and "air pollution" (odors) as well.

Wonder if Leo can spark some of them to help him, as it helps them too.

2 hours ago, sledracr said:

I'm curious how many of the other neighbors have "home based industry" issues.  I'm gonna guess, for example, that any of them who raise livestock or grow hay or whatever, have both revenue and labor associated with their efforts.  Probably noise (farm equipment) and "air pollution" (odors) as well.

Im pretty sure the majority of his neighbors and local government and tax officials are not going to be sympathetic to a kid running a commercial boat building venture out 
of a residence while breaking codes and laws, even if its an historic yacht. (or will have  2 or 3 pieces of a historic yacht left in it). They have to enforce the codes and dont give a shit about Youtuber petitions. Likely he will negotiate a longer extension to move it to a commercial zone. I love old boats but I wouldnt want to be sipping an ice tea out on my deck while listening to a guy next door running a big planer and chainsaws for months on end. So the neighbor might be a dick but even dicks have rights. Arabella guys had similar issues with their shed meeting code and had to beef it up. Lots of folks would like to fund side businesses/hobbies with full time paid employees via youtube. Is 'No Feet Pete' getting 1099s? Paying income tax like the rest of us?   Is Leo giving him medical and dental? Workman's Comp?  401k?

10 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:
2 hours ago, sledracr said:

Im pretty sure the majority of his neighbors and local government and tax officials are not going to be sympathetic to a kid running a commercial boat building venture out 
of a residence while breaking codes and laws, even if its an historic yacht. (or will have  2 or 3 pieces of a historic yacht left in it). They have to enforce the codes and dont give a shit about Youtuber petitions. Likely he will negotiate a longer extension to move it to a commercial zone. I love old boats but I wouldnt want to be sipping an ice tea out on my deck while listening to a guy next door running a big planer and chainsaws for months on end. So the neighbor might be a dick but even dicks have rights. Arabella guys had similar issues with their shed meeting code and had to beef it up. Lots of folks would like to fund side businesses/hobbies with full time paid employees via youtube. Is 'No Feet Pete' getting 1099s? Paying income tax like the rest of us?   Is Leo giving him medical and dental? Workman's Comp?  401k?

It mitte be me, butte you conserne dose notte semme 'genuine'.  The 'shitt stirreng' seemes genuine................               :)

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

I wouldnt want to be sipping an ice tea out on my deck while listening to a guy next door running a big planer and chainsaws

Might be valid in a neighborhood (although, even in a neighborhood, people run can do things on their own property, even things that might disturb the quiet during daytime hours)

But this isn't a neighborhood, where you're 10 feet away while sitting on that deck.  This is rural farmland.  The nearest neighbor is 100 yards away, the next nearest close to twice that.

(this is not the actual locale, but... similar enough to illustrate the point)  

If Leo's not doing the right paperwork (taxes on income, 1099s to independent contractors, etc) that's one thing, and fixable.  But in an area surrounded by working farms and such, the nuisance complaints are bullshit.  The property owner has every right to have a boat rebuilt on his property.

farm.thumb.JPG.640f8d84bbc4eec2e758b46804cf0409.JPG

5 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Latest video. Hard to tell if Leo or the neighbor is  being a whiny bitch or not. The neighbor does have a point he basically has a saw mill running next to him for several years. The county does have a point Leo is collecting income and paying employees.  No taxation happening. Building and other codes out of compliance. Everyone appreciates what he is doing (except the neighbor where there is prior bad blood that predates him apparently). 
Is  Leo being cool or homo? 

Here is the video you are referring to:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

It mitte be me, butte you conserne dose notte semme 'genuine'.  The 'shitt stirreng' seemes genuine................               :)

You don't know Cristoforo very well, do you?  I've had him on ignore for a long time.  A shit stirrer is a polite way of describing him.

• Like 3
Just now, Grrr... said:
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

You don't know Cristoforo very well, do you?  I've had him on ignore for a long time.  A shit stirrer is a polite way of describing him.

Thisse made me laffe..................                   :)

1 hour ago, sledracr said:

Might be valid in a neighborhood (although, even in a neighborhood, people run can do things on their own property, even things that might disturb the quiet during daytime hours)

But this isn't a neighborhood, where you're 10 feet away while sitting on that deck.  This is rural farmland.  The nearest neighbor is 100 yards away, the next nearest close to twice that.

(this is not the actual locale, but... similar enough to illustrate the point)  

If Leo's not doing the right paperwork (taxes on income, 1099s to independent contractors, etc) that's one thing, and fixable.  But in an area surrounded by working farms and such, the nuisance complaints are bullshit.  The property owner has every right to have a boat rebuilt on his property.

farm.thumb.JPG.640f8d84bbc4eec2e758b46804cf0409.JPG

I live in a very similar area.  There have been people who have moved in and immediately started complaining about the farmers, their livestock, and the smell of the fields after the raw manure fertilization.

Luckily, there's laws covering that now.

But I've also watched the city try to repeatedly shut down a boat yard.  First for not having proper 'bathroom facilities', then for not having a 'green belt' in front of the property, then for blight (they didn't like the empty cradles) etc.  The boat yard has been around for over 100 years, and predates any of their new 'beautification' rules.  Luckily, the owner is far more determined than them, and just keeps finding new ways of pissing them off while managing to toe the line.

Sometimes I truly understand the guys who carry guns and threaten to shoot any government official that comes near their property.

Unfortunately, as stupid as their rules might be, if Leo's violating them he's going to lose.

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I live in a very similar area.  There have been people who have moved in and immediately started complaining about the farmers, their livestock, and the smell of the fields after the raw manure fertilization.

Luckily, there's laws covering that now.

But I've also watched the city try to repeatedly shut down a boat yard.  First for not having proper 'bathroom facilities', then for not having a 'green belt' in front of the property, then for blight (they didn't like the empty cradles) etc.  The boat yard has been around for over 100 years, and predates any of their new 'beautification' rules.  Luckily, the owner is far more determined than them, and just keeps finding new ways of pissing them off while managing to toe the line.

Sometimes I truly understand the guys who carry guns and threaten to shoot any government official that comes near their property.

Unfortunately, as stupid as their rules might be, if Leo's violating them he's going to lose.

You’re just not very bright.  None of your arguments are relative here. Suggest you hang out in PA for now on 

6 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

You’re just not very bright.  None of your arguments are relative here. Suggest you hang out in PA for now on 

SS at ist finneste..........  dissmissieve...... ollaye!       :)

^^

Good post Grrr.

(except for the guns bit)

Having built my own boat in a less population dense region than Leo, I sympathise with his predicament.

Our neighbour over 500 meters away would continually complain to council , and I would recieve regular visits from the council

inspector. I was deemed to be acting in accordance with council regulation and had nothing to fear. 

The situation does create unpleasant pressure and stress in what is at times already a stressful undertaking.

In Australia  Pete would be considered  a subcontractor and hence be  responsible for his  own tax and insurance etc.

Not sure in USA though.

At the end of the day one moves to less populated areas for the peace and open spaces. Years of industrial noise would drive one bonkers. Its not as if this is someone  mowing their lawn once a fortnight type noise.

I'm a little surprised he has had this long a run at it. Surely no one thought a project of this size and notoriety could go on in the outer burbs forever before someone got pissed.

Hopefully Leo can find a solution. At least the boat wont take long to get to a moveable stage (if it comes to this)even if he uses temporary construction ply to stabilize the deck and a couple of bulkheads.

I look forward to his videos and will continue to donate.

PS.

For those familiar with Noakes shipyard and the North Sydney council shit fight, there is probably a few similarities.

PPS

Hasn't Pete got a workshop down near the water somewhere? Hard standing for Tally Ho available??

I think Leo should declare Tally Ho his home, ASAP

He could draw up papers with the property owner leasing that part of the property for $1/year or something.  Similar to if they'd allowed him to live on that part of the property in a mobile home.  

Washington State has a no-eviction order going right now, because of COVID, so it'd be impossible for the county to tell him to move the boat, or stop living in it. 

And certainly he'd have the right to work on his "home".  Who could possibly deny him that?

:P

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Grrr... said:

He's just a wannabe-shit-stirrer.  His malodorous droppings are more rabbit poop than male bovine excrement, and rarely cause a ripple.

If only he had invested in a copy of Shit Stirring for Dummies.

5 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

For those familiar with Noakes shipyard and the North Sydney council shit fight, there is probably a few similarities.

Noakes is on the harbourfront in the middle of the city, lots of NIMBYs around!

Noakes has been there long before most neighbours and is one of the last bits of true waterfront industry in Sydney, so hopefully sanity will prevail. (I won't hold my breath.....)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

cool and homo are not mutually exclusive. I have lots of gay friends who are super cool!

“Cool or homo” is one of those old, and yes juvenile, SA traditions. I don’t know the exact origin but the usage is generally in the context of looking for an opinion on whether something is, well “cool” or... not cool.

For example, a poll asking, “Leo’s tattoos - cool or homo?”

2 hours ago, Black Sox said:

“Cool or homo” is one of those old, and yes juvenile, SA traditions. I don’t know the exact origin but the usage is generally in the context of looking for an opinion on whether something is, well “cool” or... not cool.

It is indeed juvenile, but it's also nasty.  This sort of language makes SA a cold place for the the targets of such childishness.

• Like 1

As of end of August there will be a large open space in a yard in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that is used to a lot of noise, and a shorter route back to England.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

It is indeed juvenile, but it's also nasty.  This sort of language makes SA a cold place for the the targets of such childishness.

Well, I guess ‘Eat My Fuck’ is completely out of the question! 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, nimbus said:

How so?

He’s collecting revenue and paying himself and employees to build a boat which will eventually be used to generate income. How is it not?

would it be any different if he was fixing up an old car?   Rebuilding an old house usually requires some portion of it to be original to avoid bad tax treatment. 

he’s not surviving by eating the fish he catches and collecting rainwater

I like what he’s doing but don’t think he shouldn’t have special rules just for him.  

4 hours ago, TheDragon said:

As of end of August there will be a large open space in a yard in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that is used to a lot of noise, and a shorter route back to England.

Waiting for Doug to weigh in on this affair.   He knows more than most folks on getting along with the neighbors.

Unfortunately it's a real uphill battle for Leo now. All the big wheel and all of its cogs will want to do is swiftly get rid of him so this annoying neighbour stops harassing them.

I would be concerned about fines and additional taxes to the property owner if they consider this a commercial enterprise. Rather than stressing about this hearing I would focus on moving ASAP. He'll lose this live-in workshop he's got now (potentially) but he'll be in a legally compliant. Last thing he needs is to get deported for being a nuisance.

• Like 1

I dont see how the nuisance caused by hi work is any different than building a house. As for this 'home based industry' claim, this is farmland, they all have that! Sounds like this neighbor is a bit of a nut, complaining about the noise the parrot makes!

Leo said once he gets the rest of the planks and the ballast keel on he can move it. My guess is that is what will happen. 

“I've already sent an email to the county commissioners protesting his treatment- here's the form for Clallam county's general contact form- you can find the one specifically for their community development office on the same website.”

I'd say don't do this.....  you are just going to annoy and piss off the gov. employees and make things only worse for Leo.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Mark Set said:

I dont see how the nuisance caused by hi work is any different than building a house. As for this 'home based industry' claim, this is farmland, they all have that! Sounds like this neighbor is a bit of a nut, complaining about the noise the parrot makes!

Leo said once he gets the rest of the planks and the ballast keel on he can move it. My guess is that is what will happen. 

and deck.

3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

I like what he’s doing but don’t think he shouldn’t have special rules just for him.  

Even though I think you’re a bit of a cunt, I concur. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, solosailor said:

I'd say don't do this.....  you are just going to annoy and piss off the gov. employees and make things only worse for Leo.

Well, if it will hit Leo hard financially to move his boat & shop - why not question the city about this?    They expect him to roll over w/o process?   

If he wanted to keep this dispute in-house I believe he would not have gone viral on his channel.  I think he’s clearly reaching out for mediation and/or legal aid.

He needs a lawyer. The paper he was asked to sign (promising to leave) to get a permit for the boat cover is/was bullshit. Either permit a building or not, adding usage clauses to it is (I beleive) illegal.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, longy said:

He needs a lawyer. The paper he was asked to sign (promising to leave) to get a permit for the boat cover is/was bullshit. Either permit a building or not, adding usage clauses to it is (I beleive) illegal.

I've (unfortunately) dealt with a lot of AHJs (Authorities having Jurisdiction) for permitting, developments, and rezoning. There is next to no recourse available in the permitting process and extra clauses like that are very common. The only thing that holds weight on an AHJ like this is a loss in revenue for the business moving elsewhere or enough constituents get pissed off that an elected official gets involved. Seeing as how the AHJ wants him gone and the neighbour is causing a huge headache he's pretty fucked.

Money talks and they aren't getting any from Leo.

Interesting thing about his location is that Sequim  has a much better climate than  the surrounding areas.  Some kind of weather shadow I'm told. Much colder and wetter in Port Townsend. 

3 minutes ago, Antoine31 said:

Interesting thing about his location is that Sequim  has a much better climate than  the surrounding areas.  Some kind of weather shadow I'm told. Much colder and wetter in Port Townsend. 

Not inside a heated shed. 

47 minutes ago, longy said:

Hopefully some of his Patreons/fans can come to his aid.  I don't know anything about this stuff other than my brutal experience getting my primary residence remodeled.  It's very frustrating that it's so difficult to do cool stuff in this country with atoms vs. electrons if you're not really well capitalized.  

1 hour ago, longy said:

Have you been watching? Hes had a lawyer for a long time. His lawyer told him not to sign.

1 hour ago, longy said:

Land use permits are certainly not illegal. Here's a few below.

His best hope is to get a conditional permit with an end date that allows him time to stiffen up the boat for a move.Which sounds like what they were looking for when they asked him to sign papers

Screenshot_20210301-145504.png

Someone familiar with local regulations could determine if the reasons for threatening his work are legit or just saber rattling due to bitchy neighbor with connections

Interesting application of the "Coase Theorem". Is damage inflicted on neighbor by the Tally-Ho project larger or smaller than the damage inflicted on Leo by re-location?

Coase suggests that (in theory) a bargaining solution could be reached.