18 hours ago, Boybland said:

Yet you still whinge, troll, fabricate and complain about everything they do, even when your agreeing with them...

You are one weird dude.

Your NEVER just pointing our the reality or what's going on, let's at least be honest about that shall we...

Derp

he is literally only here to troll.  He doesn't know how to sail, he's never raced in his life outside the cruising class in a gulf of mexico phrf event, and his life as a divorced guy working from home is duller than dirt.  He wouldn't have even come back if he didn't realize how easy it is to troll kiwi sports fans.

17 hours ago, spamdaddy said:

The limits are about making the broadcasters (and related sponsors) happy.

Imagine Grant Dalton doing anything ever to please a broadcaster.   That's fucking classic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NZK said:

Apparently Magic have been ploughing through their budget and there was a big blow-up from the head office(s) before Xmas - not sure if this is serious enough for any heads to roll but it seems like purse strings will have been tightened. Hopefully this is managed well and doesn't end up in another INEOS situation with major shore team players bailing out because of unrealistic expectations and pressures from design/management level - guess only time will tell....

I think it's indicative of the "value shift" in top-tier sailing. And I think SailGP is the current beneficiary of that shift. The AC has simply lost a lot of its public value in relation to its costs. What you're seeing with INEOS (both with this AC costs issue and its move into SailGP) and with a much smaller brand like Rockwool - and even now with China and it's move from SailGP to YAC - are clear indicators of this shift.

From purely a financial perspective, the America's Cup is verging on collapse. It will have to become a very different kind of event to survive at the top of the heap. It's simply evolution in action. And the AC is not as fit as used to be.

26 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I think it's indicative of the "value shift" in top-tier sailing. And I think SailGP is the current beneficiary of that shift. The AC has simply lost a lot of its public value in relation to its costs. What you're seeing with INEOS (both with this AC costs issue and its move into SailGP) and with a much smaller brand like Rockwool - and even now with China and it's move from SailGP to YAC - are clear indicators of this shift.

From purely a financial perspective, the America's Cup is verging on collapse. It will have to become a very different kind of event to survive at the top of the heap. It's simply evolution in action. And the AC is not as fit as used to be.

The AC has constantly changed since 1851, and it will continue to. The aspect of the competition as a design race as much as a boat race gives it a place in sailing the no other competition replicates. So yeah I don’t think the sky is about to fall down

7F93D23D-959C-4016-A9A7-0726BD922C3F.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

....he's never raced in his life outside the cruising class in a gulf of mexico phrf event....

Hey pal, watch it! I resemble that remark!

13 minutes ago, uflux said:

The AC has constantly changed since 1851, and it will continue to. The aspect of the competition as a design race as much as a boat race gives it a place in sailing the no other competition replicates. So yeah I don’t think the sky is about to fall down

But where o where will future defenders and challengers ever find the money to race an AC?  I mean, it's unsustainable!  Who could possibly fund such a thing?

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

But where o where will future defenders and challengers ever find the money to race an AC?  I mean, it's unsustainable!  Who could possibly fund such a thing?

The Cup has always been expensive. I am not sure why people think this is a new thing :blink:

There may come a time when the model for the competition needs to be modified. But when people suggest that the worlds oldest international sporting trophy will suddenly be irrelevant and disappear seems a bit of a stretch lol

• Like 1

The fact that people keep saying it every 4 years doesn't stop anyone from continuing to say it.  Helps separate the knowledgable from the ignorant, at least.

1 hour ago, uflux said:

7F93D23D-959C-4016-A9A7-0726BD922C3F.jpeg

I generally agree with you - and I've never said it will disappar. But I certainly don't think it will/can continue to be the level of design competition it has been since the IACC days. My hunch is that the current participants know this and are hedging their bets via the AC9F...an effort to bring costs down and get more teams involved with a cheaper class of boat.

What's happening now is definitely not working.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

It only takes 2 rich teams to make a cup match

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I generally agree with you - and I've never said it will disappar. But I certainly don't think it will/can continue to be the level of design competition it has been since the IACC days. My hunch is that the current participants know this and are hedging their bets via the AC9F...an effort to bring costs down and get more teams involved with a cheaper class of boat.

What's happening now is definitely not working.

By the Deed of Gift, whatever class of boats is chosen (if any), it still has to be a minimum of 44' (13.41m) on the waterline. That's basically what the AC 50 was, as were the boats of the 12mR class.

The DoG was amended in 1956 to reduce minimum waterline length from 65' (19.81m) to 44', and to eliminate the requirement that the challenging yacht had to sail to the US on her own bottom, specifically to accommodate the 12mR class. Even the NYYC recognized that the days of big boats sailed across oceans to reach the site of the Match were over.

• Like 1

What does any of this discussion above, bring to the pool of debate here? 

The AC has always been an eye wateringly expensive excercise. Its success has waxed and waned through various cycles. And depending on arbitrary points that lead to personal support - be that location, class of boat, type of boat, nationality, team members and syndicate heads (or more importantly, a subtle Venn diagram approach to each of those contributing effects) - then commentators show their support or opinion of how glorious or parlous the current cycle is.

But remember, opinions are like arseholes..... And places like these just allow those opinions to be aired without consideration for correctness or validity. So you have to take the good, considered and knowledgeable with the bad, stupid and argumentative. 

I personally like the design and development that the AC has undoubtedly brought to our sport. The political shit fighting is just an unwelcome side show that some here thrive on. But often they are just opinionated wankers, who when push comes to shove, are hoisted on their own pricks, and can't sail neither......but probably feel they could've, should'av been a world famous lawyer or politician, and the world would be so much a better place if only that would happen.

Now can we just get back to discussing actual NYYC business.....

As if the DeVos family can't find a few more coins down the back of the sofa......!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The fact that people keep saying it every 4 years doesn't stop anyone from continuing to say it.  Helps separate the knowledgable from the ignorant, at least.

it has been shrinking though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

How exceptionally fortunate we are to be blessed with your deep and unique insights!

What's more, you achieve this without any followers, or a skerrick of support.  Truly remarkable.

Of course, decades from now as the America's Cup continues to go from strength to strength and SailGP is, another forgotten Larry and Russ enterprise, no one will remember this, perhaps even you, given the perversity of your delusions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

SailGP is, another forgotten Larry and Russ enterprise

I for one hope SailGP continues.

Certainly provides income for many who have been cut out of the AC loop for this cycle.

2 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

Truth to tell I'd like to see SailGP succeed too.

I was first enthusiastically involved with pro sailing efforts in the States, starting with the Darden brothers and with Sid Morris over 30 years ago.

For a multiplicity of reasons, sailing  deserves a flourishing annual pro big money circuit.

For now SailGP is on Larry Life Support, to the tune of millions of dollars annually. The skeptic in me says the spigot will shut off long before viability is achieved.

42 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

How exceptionally fortunate we are to be blessed with your deep and unique insights!

What's more, you achieve this without any followers, or a skerrick of support.  Truly remarkable.

Of course, decades from now as the America's Cup continues to go from strength to strength and SailGP is, another forgotten Larry and Russ enterprise, no one will remember this, perhaps even you, given the perversity of your delusions.

You're welcome. And we'll obviously see if your own unique insight (guessing/hoping) turns out to be right or not.

Now don't you have Kiwi thread to post in? This one is for us Americans.

im not a merican

im not even a usaian (  the bit at the bottom of the northern half of america )

yet im posting in it

Trolling, phil?

20 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

This one is for us Americans.

Who have the most antiquated mainsheet and boom setup in the entire AC75 fleet.

6a0c2bb7e7343be50f14c3ab8a21f580.jpg.d5a25bdeda759c7c7142af19f23566d5.jpg

Hey, at least we don't dive to the bottom and fall over every 200 meters. You don't need much technological advantage when you're racing against boats that do.

4 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Hey, at least we don't dive to the bottom and fall over every 200 meters. You don't need much technological advantage when you're racing against boats that do.

Your team will not need to go far seeking answers to those matters.

m458_crop11004_860x860_1545341214F2F8.thumb.jpg.51fa6dd8b29b1e54017f63bbd4317acc.jpg

• Like 1

Can you imagine the collective existential meltdown that will be NZ if Deano wins this thing? It will be the story of the century.

Can you imagine the collective existential meltdown that will be NZ if Deano wins this thing? It will be the story of the century.

Can you imagine coming from a country of over 300 million, and realizing that Deano is the best you can get to drive your boat. 

• Like 8

Actually kent, all that really shows is how much the AC matters in this country these days. It's sad, but it's true. And it's what I've been saying for a while now - and upsetting the chickens along the way.

I'm pulling for Deano. It would be delicious. And I will show you KiWhingersTM zero mercy if it happens. Heh.

Smack the story of the century Is Deano still trying to prise the remnants of Jimmys dick out of his arse and as he has yet to show any outward evidence of that all important orange hue like your great leader remember he too is damaged goods so treat him kindly.

Does the GOP have plans to introduce knighthoods if so give Deano one and a parade before returning him to sender.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Actually kent, all that really shows is how much the AC matters in this country these days. It's sad, but it's true. And it's what I've been saying for a while now - and upsetting the chickens along the way.

I'm pulling for Deano. It would be delicious. And I will show you guys zero mercy if it happens. Heh.

I wouldn't care, he would just be ANOTHER Kiwi to win the cup.

• Like 1

I don't care about politics whatsoever, Prisco, so you're talking into your hat there.

As for Deano, your statement is precisely why it will cause the psychological implosion of both islands if he takes it. Kent, of course, is now trying to cover his bases because he knows there's a fair chance it will actually happen.

I mean, you think you Kiwis hate RC? Oh, you haven't tasted hate yet.

Heh.

16 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I'm pulling for Deano. 

Yup Smack that’s pretty obvious but although we are a mostly adult gathering here would you do us a favour and please close your curtains.

• Like 2

Heh. You can't possibly be a Kiwi, P. You actually have a sense of humor.

Smack contrary to your opinion Kiwis are imbued with a great sense of humour.

Q Why do you think we sent you Deano.

A Our cup runneth over with blubbering sports stars so we sent you one so you don’t feel left out.

A874E936-D1CF-4E9D-9F23-BDFB49454212.jpeg.723e5f7ed685f724404cc7757b68a699.jpeg

C87036F0-69A9-43C5-9914-BD8E141C60C0.jpeg.d16c0c98fb366dd861acecaf897bb183.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Trolling, phil?

geographical clarification

and just to make you happy .. i quite like the 50s racing

and if deno wins good on him

however ...  i dont think either are really suitable for a successful AC

46 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I don't care about politics whatsoever, Prisco, so you're talking into your hat there.

As for Deano, your statement is precisely why it will cause the psychological implosion of both islands if he takes it. Kent, of course, is now trying to cover his bases because he knows there's a fair chance it will actually happen.

I mean, you think you Kiwis hate RC? Oh, you haven't tasted hate yet.

Heh.

Smack, you cant even spell a three letter name correctly so I shouldnt be surprised that you hold such foolishness as to expect AM to win the cup, but to prevent you from thinking I'm covering my bases I'm more than happy to place a small wager with you, how about a moderately priced bottle of rum that A M will not win the Americas cup in 2021? 

2 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Who have the most antiquated mainsheet and boom setup in the entire AC75 fleet.

I'd put the Yanks just ahead of the Poms who are in big trouble. LR and ETNZ are clearly a big step in front of the other two, which is to be expected as they have the deeper design tech and experience. I'd pick their simulator tech to be at least two generations ahead of AM and Ineos. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Watching the NYYC promo I wonder how on earth the crew will maintain that intensity for a race duration of 40 minutes.
https://americanmagic.americascup.com

I quite like the artwork on that page, it's very 70s sci-fi

Last time I checked this was a French team with a bunch of kiwis and ex etnzers on the crew.

Its all at the behest of their primary sponsor Airbus, which means Guillaume is calling the shots of course...

Actually it's an entirely American Team...by the rules your own boys wrote. So ask Four what that means if you don't understand and pipe down.

Yours is an Emirates Team...crewed by NZ. Says so in the name. Kind of like being the fry cook at McDonalds doesn't make you McDonald.

5 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Actually it's an entirely American team...by the rules your own boys wrote. So ask Four what that means if you don't understand and pipe down.

So Deano's an American now? Was he Japanese last time too? lol

Hot damn I miss the AC32 days.  A bunch of teams and boats to talk about and that guy from Valencia Sailing to provide pictures and dirt.  There was shit talking but at least there was something to shit talk about.

Nowadays coming on here to get caught up is like taking my dog to the dog park.  Just a lot of barking and pissing and having to dodge a random pile of shit about wind limits while trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

WetHog  :ph34r:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, WetHog said:

Hot damn I miss the AC32 days.  A bunch of teams and boats to talk about and that guy from Valencia Sailing to provide pictures and dirt.  There was shit talking but at least there was something to shit talk about.

Nowadays coming on here to get caught up is like taking my dog to the dog park.  Just a lot of barking and pissing and having to dodge a random pile of shit about wind limits while trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

WetHog  :ph34r:

I actually prefer it this way. We never had SA back in 95 or 2000. No one knew who had the best package, no one knew what anyone had, and thats what made the event so great! No one knew until race day. No one had any real pictures or info about the boats until they lined up on race day. The boats were a surprise. These days people bitch and moan about not having enough video, not having enough information about boats and teams when really, they have all the info they need. There's plenty of video and information online. Where's the patience? Where's the mystery? Where's the suspense? Just bloody be patient and wait!

1 hour ago, smackdaddy said:

Actually it's an entirely American Team...by the rules your own boys wrote. So ask Four what that means if you don't understand and pipe down.

Yours is an Emirates Team...crewed by NZ. Says so in the name. Kind of like being the fry cook at McDonalds doesn't make you McDonald.

Actually I'm sure Guillaume prefers French cuisine over fast food so there won't be much McDonalds for Deano.

It's not entirely surprising you didn't realise that Emirates is a brand not a nation... At least now you know...

Also good to hear you now consider the definitions in the protocol to be accurate, and @Forourselves an expert - he'll be chuffed.

Oh and I'll write what I want where I want including cheering on the Kiwis and Ex ETNZers running the AM campaign for their French boss Guillaume.

2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

It makes me so hot when you contradict yourself.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

It's not entirely surprising you didn't realise that Emirates is a brand not a nation...

Oh dear lordy, rh. I hope your benefactors don't see that.

I hate to break it to you, but "Emirates Air" is the brand...and that's not what your team is called, though EATNZ would be an awesome slogan/campaign! Oh yeah, and it's a state-owned brand at that...

Emirates is a state-owned airline based in Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The airline is a subsidiary of The Emirates Group, which is owned by the government of Dubai's Investment Corporation of Dubai.

Therefore, NZ, in this particular case, is also a state-owned subsidiary of The Emirates Group and DIC. Or to put it another way, "NZ" is the Emirates-owned "brand/team" for sailing - just like "Air" is for flying. And the Kiwis are kind of like the pilots and stewardesses if you will.

I know it hurts - but it's just the facts. I do, however, wish the Emiratis luck in AC36. I'm sure its stewardesses will make them proud!

"For Ourstate!"

If you win again, maybe you can negotiate something like "Team New Zealand   - A United Arab Emirates Subsidiary"

Heh. I know, I know, it's mean - but it's funny.

PS - I am genuinely curious why you guys are unable to find a NZ-based sponsor for your AC efforts? It sure would look a lot better...and you guys would come across a lot more dignified.

You had me at "Emirates Air"... All that desperate floundering and you still couldn't even get the name right.:lol:

You should know that Airbus is state owned too btw - so whilst you've got your French boss, AM also have to do what the Germans and Spaniards want too - it's why @Rennmaus is such a fan.

Shame about the misogyny you felt the need to include, guess it rides side car with your racism. The sad thing is you are likely as blind to these failings as you are the rest of your conduct.

PS - I'm genuinely surprised to see you chose to reveal you know nothing about global sports sponsorships - I guess we can add that to the long long list too.

25 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Oh dear lordy, rh. I hope your benefactors don't see that.

I hate to break it to you, but "Emirates Air" is the brand...and that's not what your team is called, though EATNZ would be an awesome slogan/campaign! Oh yeah, and it's a state-owned brand at that...

Therefore, NZ, in this particular case, is also a state-owned subsidiary of The Emirates Group and DIC. Or to put it another way, "NZ" is the Emirates-owned "brand/team" for sailing - just like "Air" is for flying. And the Kiwis are kind of like the pilots and stewardesses if you will.

I know it hurts - but it's just the facts. I do, however, wish the Emiratis luck in AC36. I'm sure its stewardesses will make them proud!

"For Ourstate!"

If you win again, maybe you can negotiate something like "Team New Zealand   - A United Arab Emirates Subsidiary"

Heh. I know, I know, it's mean - but it's funny.

PS - I am genuinely curious why you guys are unable to find a NZ-based sponsor for your AC efforts? It sure would look a lot better...and you guys would come across a lot more dignified.

Your "facts" mirror those "Facts" Trump and his cult members like to talk about as being "Alternate Facts". Alternate facts aren't facts, therefor your facts are not facts.

Emirates doesn't own the Team NZ brand. They are simply a major title sponsor. 

When you say "I am genuinely curious why you guys are unable to find a NZ-based sponsor for your AC efforts" you are simply wrong. Genesis, Toyota NZ, Spark, NZ Government, Steinlager, all NZ based sponsors. 

The fact you are hung up on Emirates Airlines just because they are Dubai based shows your complete stupidity, ignorance and Trolling behaviour. The fact is, Emirates is one of many sponsors willing to sponsor Team NZ. A Title sponsor? Yes, but they don't own the Team NZ brand.

17 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Genesis, Toyota NZ, Spark, NZ Government, Steinlager, all NZ based sponsors. 

The fact is, Emirates is one of many sponsors willing to sponsor Team NZ. A Title sponsor? Yes, but they don't own the Team NZ brand.

Why don't any of those on your first list get a mention? Not good enough?

Sorry, Emirates is your first name. In fact, it says right on your name placard that it's "Emirates Team".  NZ is just where it's located.

I definitely think it would be better if it was TNZGSS*. That would be something to be proud of!

As it is....well...

(*I think in the vein of you Kiwis' arguments and name-calling Toyota is a bit of a stretch.)

6 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Sorry, Emirates is your first name. In fact, it says right on your name placard that it's "Emirates Team".  NZ is just where it's located.

I definitely think it would be better if it was TNZGSS*. That would be something to be proud of!

As it is....well...

(*I think in the vein of you Kiwis' arguments and name-calling Toyota is a bit of a stretch.)

Such a simpleton "Its your first name" Emirates is also the first name of the Airline ya moron! As I said, a naming sponsor.

No one cares what you "definitely think" because what ever you think is stupid.

And P.S There is Toyota International and Toyota New Zealand. Team NZ is sponsored by Toyota NZ, not Toyota International.

But I guess you're just gonna ignore the facts and just keep spouting rubbish, because well, thats what Trolls like you do best.

10 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

As it is....well...

Yeah, but NYYC’s first name is “American”, so let’s not get too hung up on names, shall we?

1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

You had me at "Emirates Air"... All that desperate floundering and you still couldn't even get the name right.:lol:

You should know that Airbus is state owned too btw - so whilst you've got your French boss, AM also have to do what the Germans and Spaniards want too - it's why @Rennmaus is such a fan.

Shame about the misogyny you felt the need to include, guess it rides side car with your racism. The sad thing is you are likely as blind to these failings as you are the rest of your conduct.

PS - I'm genuinely surprised to see you chose to reveal you know nothing about global sports sponsorships - I guess we can add that to the long long list too.

Well, a couple of things...first I should have said "Emirates Airline" as they mention it thusly on their own website...

835083801_ScreenShot2020-01-14at1_05_37PM.thumb.png.f1c5c8d09259c87e52f3f1f4c030c7cc.png

So, the marketing nomenclature is a bit convoluted (intentionally I'm sure) - but as I said, it always goes back to The State.

On the "misogyny" thing, you should probably be very careful there. I don't believe there are any "stewards" on these planes are there?

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, I didn't assign gender to the word "pilots"...but you yourself seem to have...

1839287646_ScreenShot2020-01-14at1_05_48PM.thumb.png.626c3c5ae05e5e1d8b37572a6b5a8382.png

So my statement was perfectly accurate and innocuous. You, however, seem to be showing your own true colors in this regard with your assumptions...while opening a real can of worms that I'd love to hear you expound upon.

PS...oops, my bad, "Cabin Crew"

1683004840_ScreenShot2020-01-14at1_25_28PM.png.9ae2953ddd37dd344b30a07a5d0ab707.png

12 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Well, a couple of things...first I should have said "Emirates Airline" as they mention it thusly on their own website...

835083801_ScreenShot2020-01-14at1_05_37PM.thumb.png.f1c5c8d09259c87e52f3f1f4c030c7cc.png

So, the marketing nomenclature is a bit convoluted (intentionally I'm sure) - but as I said, it always goes back to The State.

On the "misogyny" thing, you should probably be very careful there. I don't believe there are any "stewards" on these planes are there?

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, I didn't assign gender to the word "pilots"...but you yourself seem to have...

1839287646_ScreenShot2020-01-14at1_05_48PM.thumb.png.626c3c5ae05e5e1d8b37572a6b5a8382.png

So my statement was perfectly accurate and innocuous. You, however, seem to be showing your own true colors in this regard with your assumptions...while opening a real can of worms that I'd love to hear you expound upon.

1683004840_ScreenShot2020-01-14at1_25_28PM.png.9ae2953ddd37dd344b30a07a5d0ab707.png

"Well, a couple of things...first I should have said" If only you'd tell yourself this more often.

Infact, you should tell yourself this before you go posting your bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Yeah, but NYYC’s first name is “American”, so let’s not get too hung up on names, shall we?

I think the spambot is sad that American Magic can't find a single financial sponsor while ETNZ is fully sustained by international commercial interests.  There's nothing to be embarrassed about spammy, charities can be 'sustainable' too.

Except for that thing about billionaires always seeming to get cheap at the worst times.

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I think the spambot is sad that American Magic can't find a single financial sponsor while ETNZ is fully sustained by international commercial foreign state interests.  There's nothing to be embarrassed about spammy, charities can be 'sustainable' too.

Except for that thing about billionaires always seeming to get cheap at the worst times.

FIFY. Actually, none of those stupid rules really matter much to me. I just care about the racing. That racing might be good - it might suck. We'll see.

It's just the KiWhingers' tiresome holier-than-thou attitude on all this stuff in this forum that simply needs a good thumping. They may be fully sustained by the Emiratis - but deep down they don't like it. And it shows through.

BREAKING NEWS: COUNTRY OF 4M PEOPLE AND 4 BILLION SHEEP FORCED TO RELY ON INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE SPONSORS FOR MAJOR EVENT SUPPORT

(I think they're used to it, but surely you know better)

Simple solution - bring down the costs and sell some sheep. Then you don't have to bend the knee and kiss the rings.

Nah, a business plan like that would never work. Heh.

15 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

BREAKING NEWS: COUNTRY OF 4M PEOPLE AND 4 BILLION SHEEP FORCED TO RELY ON INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE SPONSORS FOR MAJOR EVENT SUPPORT

(I think they're used to it, but surely you know better)

I'm assuming you are referring to AIG and the All Blacks ? :P

41 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually, the brand is simply 'Emirates'... it's not that hard

Emirates has both male and female cabin crew... it's not that hard...

Perhaps except in world where "The Chinese are very smart business people", and stewardesses are there to make sports teams the their employers sponsor "proud".

24 minutes ago, spamdaddy said:

Simple solution - bring down the costs

why?

27 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Actually, the brand is simply 'Emirates'... it's not that hard

Emirates has both male and female cabin crew... it's not that hard...

Perhaps except in world where "The Chinese are very smart business people", and stewardesses are there to make sports teams the their employers sponsor "proud".

I'm struggling to see how a compliment regarding the obvious global business prowess of the Chinese is somehow "racist". Do you not buy Chinese products?

As for the "Cabin Crew" - if you're offended, you should look a that section of the website pictured above and speak to your Emirates Airlines buddies about its career marketing efforts in this particular area (e.g. - "looking the part", etc?). Something doesn't line up with your stance.

Anyway, you're right, it's not that hard.

Did you have anything more you wanted to try to spin? Or are we done here?

20 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I'm struggling to see how a compliment regarding the obvious global business prowess of the Chinese is somehow "racist". Do you not buy Chinese products?

As for the "Cabin Crew" - if you're offended, you should look a that section of the website pictured above and speak to your Emirates Airlines buddies about its career marketing efforts in this partiular area ("looking the part", etc?). Something doesn't line up.

Anyway, you're right, it's not that hard.

Did you have anything more you wanted to try to spin? Or are we done here?

Oh I can keep going... although as is evidenced by your interactions with everyone else here, it's unlikely to be fruitful beyond sport...

The only spinning is you in circles... everyone can see what you said... you can deflect as much as you want, but arguing the Emirates website is the source of your sexism is a laughble reason, a pathetic excuse, and frankly a new low...

Next you'll be telling us about a certain ethno-religious people are 'good with money' or another race have 'large penises'... "but whaaat! it's a compliment" is a defence that didn't survive the 1950s.

I don't believe people are wholly racist or sexist - it's not a binary. I believe that people can do racist and sexist things - some more than others. So why not just clock it for what it was and grow into something better. Seriously, why not make today is the first day of you being a better human being... give it a try :-)

22 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Oh I can keep going... although as is evidenced by your interactions with everyone else here, it's unlikely to be fruitful beyond sport...

The only spinning is you in circles... everyone can see what you said... you can deflect as much as you want, but arguing the Emirates website is the source of your sexism is a laughble reason, a pathetic excuse, and frankly a new low...

Next you'll be telling us about a certain ethno-religious people are 'good with money' or another race have 'large penises'... "but whaaat! it's a compliment" is a defence that didn't survive the 1950s.

I don't believe people are wholly racist or sexist - it's not a binary. I believe that people can do racist and sexist things - some more than others. So why not just clock it for what it was and grow into something better. Seriously, why not make today is the first day of you being a better human being... give it a try :-)

No, this is precisely what I'm pointing out. Your own stated "standards" don't seem to align with those of your benefactors. And that should be a problem. But it's apparently not to you and your countrymen, as long as the money is flowing. Yet, you KiWhingers continually douche all over everyone else's perceived shortcomings in these exact same areas in these threads.

Sorry, that kind of hypocrisy deserves a nice, bright spotlight.

I think NZ really needs to have a good hard look in the mirror in this regard. Do you guys want to try this "better human being" thing together? I'm game.

PS - And no, I won't be saying the things you just said.

1 minute ago, smackdaddy said:

No, this is precisely what I'm pointing out. Your own stated "standards" don't seem to align with those of your benefactors'. And that should be a problem. But it's apparently not to you and your countrymen, as long as the money is flowing. Yet, you KiWhingers continually douche all over everyone else's perceived shortcomings in these exact same areas in these threads.

I think NZ really needs to have a good hard look in the mirror in this regard. Do you guys want to try this "better human being" thing together? I'm game.

Ohhh right - so your misogyny was actually just performance art illustrating the misogyny of the Emirates marketing effort... 

Cool story bro.... B)

2 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Ohhh right - so your misogyny was actually just performance art illustrating the misogyny of the Emirates marketing effort... 

Cool story bro.... B)

As always, I'm presenting evidence of what I'm saying. It's all right there for you to see - if you want to see it. Did you actually watch those cabin crew videos? Do they align with your alleged high standards of equality?

Keep digging dude....

Simple solution - bring down the costs and sell some sheep.

Smack sadly the sheep fleet ain’t what it used to be, now just 5.6 sheep per head extract those that are allotted for entertainment and use as marital aids and the business case is weak.

• Like 2

So this place is now completely irrelevant. It’s really sad to see. This forum used to be a place of debate and informative discussion. Thanks to one poster it has now become a giant whiny bitchfest. What a waste of time. 
It seems anyone with any actual knowledge has left.  
Well done dickhead!

Is there another place where the real discussion has moved? PM me if you’re in the know. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Priscilla said:

Smack sadly the sheep fleet ain’t what it used to be, now just 5.6 sheep per head extract those that are used for entertainment and marital aids and the business case is weak.

Oof.

I can pass the word and see if we can kick off another Kiwifruit craze over here. Or maybe avocados?

Just trying to help.

4 minutes ago, Costro said:

Is there another place where the real discussion has moved? PM me the if you’re in the know. 

13 weeks to go before a foil is lifted in anger.

If you have anything real to discuss please fire away.

33 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Oof.

I can pass the word and see if we can kick off another Kiwifruit craze over here. Or maybe avocados?

Just trying to help.

And just like that you go and surprise us - all that ignorance and you know it's a KiwiFRUIT and not just 'kiwi' - colour me impressed - seriously!

Thanks for the offer, but funding wise we are doing great with our global sponsorships deals, the salaries flowing from NZYYC back here, and of course all of LE's millions being delivered straight into the pockets of those that reside on the land that is the home of your cherished F50 :-)

So, thanks for the very generous offer, but we're pretty happy with how things are going right now - with you keeping on talking, LE keeping paying, and us continue billing for SGP AND winning at AC - all from the most beautiful spot on the planet - it's a fantastic arrangement we've got - and evidently we've got you to thank for it - cheers! :-)

46 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

And just like that you go and surprise us - all that ignorance and you know it's a KiwiFRUIT and not just 'kiwi' - colour me impressed - seriously!

Thanks for the offer, but funding wise we are doing great with our global sponsorships deals, the salaries flowing from NZYYC back here, and of course all of LE's millions being delivered straight into the pockets of those that reside on the land that is the home of your cherished F50 :-)

So, thanks for the very generous offer, but we're pretty happy with how things are going right now - with you keeping on talking, LE keeping paying, and us continue billing for SGP AND winning at AC - all from the most beautiful spot on the planet - it's a fantastic arrangement we've got - and evidently we've got you to thank for it - cheers! :-)

Well, thanks rh. And I hate to do this, obviously, but the fruit is actually "Chinese Gooseberry" - and a Kiwi schoolteacher (don't know if was a chick or dude) apparently smuggled in the seeds...yep..from China. Schoolteachers are very good appropriators. I'm glad to hear he/she made you proud.

Heh.

Well, thanks rh. And I hate to do this, obviously, but the fruit is actually "Chinese Gooseberry" - and a Kiwi schoolteacher (don't know if was a chick or dude) apparently smuggled in the seeds...yep..from China. Schoolteachers are very good appropriators. I'm glad to hear he/she made you proud.

Heh.

Yup we now actually call em Zespri to protect the IP we stole from China :-)

Thanks again mate... 

• Like 1

Maybe we should start a GoFundMe account to buy SmackDaddy some proper dock lines. If that fucking idiot had tied his boat up correctly, maybe he’d be sailing instead of just embarrassing himself. 

Just as a clarification to the rest of the world, please don’t think of most Americans as being like him. He’s like the neighbor kid you hire to mow your lawn just to be nice, then go out and do it properly after he’s left. 

• Like 5

Posting just because there is nothing going on, I ran across these videos I shot of the Newport ACWS, it has Casper in it and it’s funny to hear myself try to commentate on a sailboat race with a beer buzz.  Fast forward to the 2:05 mark for my slurred ramblings.  

WetHog  :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WetHog said:

Posting just because there is nothing going on, I ran across these videos I shot of the Newport ACWS, it has Casper in it and it’s funny to hear myself try to commentate on a sailboat race with a beer buzz.  Fast forward to the 2:05 mark for my slurred ramblings.  

WetHog  :ph34r:

Thanks. Amazing how advanced they were. Not really sure this is a sailing thread though.

23 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

You're welcome. And we'll obviously see if your own unique insight (guessing/hoping) turns out to be right or not.

Now don't you have Kiwi thread to post in? This one is for us Americans.

Here you go again, setting up rules and fact that only you subscribe to.  Feh!

Irrelevant anyway. I'm a dual citizen with NZ and USA passports.

7 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

No, this is precisely what I'm pointing out. Your own stated "standards" don't seem to align with those of your benefactors. And that should be a problem. But it's apparently not to you and your countrymen, as long as the money is flowing. Yet, you KiWhingers continually douche all over everyone else's perceived shortcomings in these exact same areas in these threads.

PS - And no, I won't be saying the things you just said.

"you KiWhinners continually douche all over everyone else's perceived shortcomings in these exact same areas in these threads"

Mate, you're spouting so much shit it's getting in your eyes and you can't see that the only Whinger here is you! 

I guess you missed the memo there KJ? We've all moved on. You guys are being better human beings. So let's get back to sailing shall we?

14 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

STOP THE SPAM!  

Go get a room and do what you want.... but please stop filling this thread with meaningless dribble and bitching!

The ignore feature is a great help.

• Like 1

I guess you missed the memo there KJ? We've all moved on. You guys are being better human beings. So let's get back to sailing shall we?

Weeeelllll..... I'll let us move on now he's said his piece...

We're being better human beings - we hope you can catch up! :-)

So about this sailing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

I'm a dual citizen with NZ and USA passports.

I won't tell the Empire who only accepts one passport.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Priscilla said:

Smack contrary to your opinion Kiwis are imbued with a great sense of humour.

Q Why do you think we sent you Deano.

A Our cup runneth over with blubbering sports stars so we sent you one so you don’t feel left out.

A874E936-D1CF-4E9D-9F23-BDFB49454212.jpeg.723e5f7ed685f724404cc7757b68a699.jpeg

C87036F0-69A9-43C5-9914-BD8E141C60C0.jpeg.d16c0c98fb366dd861acecaf897bb183.jpeg

'It's the fish that John West reject that makes John West the best. John West and Emirates Team NZ have something in common.! 

6 hours ago, kenergy said:

The ignore feature is a great help.

Absolutely. I couldn't take the endless self justification and rationalisation any more.

15 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Oof.

Just trying to help.

I was just told your wife died a couple of years ago in a horrible tragedy.  Is this true?

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I was just told your wife died a couple of years ago in a horrible tragedy.  Is this true?

You've been "hearing" and saying lots of things about me - most all of it untrue. Like most everyone on this forum, I feel no need whatsoever to talk about my personal life with you or anyone else. Most decent people respect that line...even when smacking each other around for fun on a meaningless sailing forum.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

You've been "hearing" and saying lots of things about me - most all of it untrue. 

So is what I was told untrue?

Saw new posts, hoped for something about the fucking boat. Once again disappointed. Acanarchy is more toxic than the Rotor Riot Facebook group for drones and that's saying something.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, JustinL42 said:

Saw new posts, hoped for something about the fucking boat. Once again disappointed. Acanarchy is more toxic than the Rotor Riot Facebook group for drones and that's saying something.

Mostly because there doesnt seem to be anything happening with the fucking boat. 

• Like 2