22 minutes ago, porthos said:

I have nothing but respect for New Zealand, and while I haven't been involved in litigation in NZ (I have in Australia), I'm sure your legal system is top notch. You're good people, which is why Dean wouldn't do what you posited to begin with.

My family business tried to sue for a breach of trade on two former employees in NZ. I’d didn’t even get to court, the contracts they had signed were worthless in regards to litigation. We found out the hard way. Just like The USA the courts are governed by legal precedents. In fact judicial precedents governs our freedoms and rights more than any legislation. We have no real Bill of rights like the USA. However the protection they provide is very strong. So just like the USA case law is super critical. Our courts in reality are just as independent as American. We also do not allow elected judges who are not impartial. Also for the common citizen it’s easier to get redress against the state than the USA.  There are no circuit courts to drag things out 

Nor do we have Pfizer courts to crush citizens 

Also I have no grudge against the USA at all. I have visited your country many times and have enjoyed my time there. I also have respect for the many talented people of the USA. 

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And we have liftoff!!

I for one was happy to finally see an American team that didn’t just reek of assholes. Terry was a great bloke to have in front of the cameras and the intimate videos behind the scenes I found quite f

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

My family business tried to sue for a breach of trade on two former employees in NZ. I’d didn’t even get to court, the contracts they had signed were worthless in regards to litigation. We found out the hard way. Just like The USA the courts are governed by legal precedents. In fact judicial precedents governs our freedoms and rights more than any legislation. We have no real Bill of rights like the USA. However the protection they provide is very strong. So just like the USA case law is super critical. Our courts in reality are just as independent as American. We also do not allow elected judges who are not impartial. Also for the common citizen it’s easier to get redress against the state than the USA.  There are no circuit courts to drag things out 

Just in case you were wondering, most rights or claims available to an aggrieved party here in the US are governed more often by common law rather than any statute. Any claim, be it one based on common law or one based on a statute are always subject to prior precedents (i.e., how courts considering such claims have ruled previously).  And you may also be interested to know that being able to sue an employee for breach of trade (which we call "noncompetition" agreements here) depends on the state. Some states allow it, some don't.  Our bill of rights only addresses the relationship between the government and a citizen and has nothing to do with disputes between private parties.

In any event, cheers.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:34 AM, enigmatically2 said:

I must admit I find the idea of composites bending a bit odd too.

But I'm not so convinced the accident has caused the speed issues. I just don't think they have improved when GB and LR have.

You're assuming they're only made from carbon. You might find more than a few of them are steel with a carbon skin. 

14 minutes ago, shearwater said:

It's all about the money. Where do the sponsors come from?  Airbus, BMW, INEOS, Prada, Pirelli...the event wants to be in a European venue with a Euro time zone that works for the maximum potential viewership where people follow the sport. When 25% of the challengers go down in a crash and come back 2 weeks later hobbled and lackluster you have a problem. You need more participants. Not to mention the fact that a 6 leg, 25min (avg leg 4.25 mins) race that's over within the first 2 minutes is pathetically unwatchable. We waited 3 years for this sh*t??? Really? It was over in an instant for the US literally and, what, they raced 8-10 25 minute races at 2am in the morning US time? No sponsor will put up with that going forward not even with a friendly billionaire to underwrite a portion of it. So far there's been 1 race that had any sort of interesting lead changes so watching a parade of two boats 500 meters apart is a complete waste of time even despite how much the announcers pretend to keep the audience interested. How many times do you hear the sort of drivel from announcers that the race hangs in the balance of a complete disaster on the leader's part in Formula 1 or NASCAR which the AC aspires to be and where you need to invest $150M over 3 years with little to no return on your investment in the end?  

Ok shall we in NZ just hand the cup to Europe without a fight. We in NZ don’t care about northern hemisphere viewing figures. Nor do we care about Norther Hemisphere companies.  If you want the cup come and get it. If it’s too hard for you then go away and do something else. 

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1
11 minutes ago, porthos said:

Just in case you were wondering, most rights or claims available to an aggrieved party here in the US are governed more often by common law rather than any statute. Any claim, be it one based on common law or one based on a statute are always subject to prior precedents (i.e., how courts considering such claims have ruled previously).  And you may also be interested to know that being able to sue an employee for breach of trade (which we call "noncompetition" agreements here) depends on the state. Some states allow it, some don't.  Our bill of rights only addresses the relationship between the government and a citizen and has nothing to do with disputes between private parties.

In any event, cheers.

Yes definitely cheers. 
I was aware common law was important in the USA but not to the degree as you state. Always happy to learn something 

• Like 1

well in hindsight I think patriot was built too light,  IMHO  both the observed "cant flapping" , "rudder judder" are  the result of excessive hull movement.  This movement was the ultimate cause of the breakup of the skin in the crash and also was the reason why they were in the habit of not releasing the backstays under load.  The rudder judder was there from the beginning and should have been fixable/fixed if the problem was just in the rudder or its controls. the reason they couldn't/didn't was because the root cause was she was wiggling her arse......  If airbus cannot fix a control surface flutter the problem must be fairly major!

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, breezie said:

well in hindsight I think patriot was built too light,  IMHO  both the observed "cant flapping" , "rudder judder" are  the result of excessive hull movement.  This movement was the ultimate cause of the breakup of the skin in the crash and also was the reason why they were in the habit of not releasing the backstays under load.  The rudder judder was there from the beginning and should have been fixable/fixed if the problem was just in the rudder or its controls. the reason they couldn't/didn't was because the root cause was she was wiggling her arse......  If airbus cannot fix a control surface flutter the problem must be fairly major!

In the America’s Cup in 92 the NZ boat nzl-20 was so flimsy that it started to buckle when under load. When asked what to do if they saw a bulge forming...the reply was ...go and sit on it

Old boat builder saying;

“If it breaks its too light 

If it doesn’t break it’s too heavy “

19 minutes ago, breezie said:

There was minimum and maximum weight. The boats are all incredibly close in weight, even in terms of distribution. So while they may have been light in some parts, overall it was not a “light boat”.

36 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Ok shall we in NZ just hand the cup to Europe without a fight. We in NZ don’t care about northern hemisphere viewing figures. Nor do we care about Norther Hemisphere companies.  If you want the cup come and get it. If it’s too hard for you then go away and do something else. 

No.....you should fight to keep the Cup....and probably will win this time.....but if Europe and USA didn't show up....it would lose all significance....it bodes well for New Zealand on their efforts to help Patriot.....you could never imagine the NYYC doing this on their 132 year run....quite the opposite....they bent the rules to keep the Cup

11 minutes ago, Redreuben said:

Old boat builder saying;

ahh i think thats a YOUNG boatbuilder saying ..  an old boatbuilder would say if its not too heavy its not heavy enough

3 minutes ago, Nauti Buoy said:

There was minimum and maximum weight. The boats are all incredibly close in weight, even in terms of distribution. So while they may have been light in some parts, overall it was not a “light boat”.

yes i meant "light" in terms of where they put the weight not overall weight

2 minutes ago, breezie said:

ahh i think thats a YOUNG boatbuilder saying ..  an old boatbuilder's grandfather would say if its not too heavy its not heavy enough

Time's have changed since the Cal 40 and Merlin hit the water.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

You're assuming they're only made from carbon. You might find more than a few of them are steel with a carbon skin. 

Wtf? If you know anything about engineering ( composite ) conventional) you would understand there is NO benefit from having steel as a core sandwiched in carbon.

• Downvote 1
Just now, Baconator said:

Wtf? If you know anything about engineering ( composite ) conventional) you would understand there is NO benefit from having steel as a core sandwiched in carbon.

Well you better tell ETNZ that there wrong, because that’s what there doing. Also airbus use a aluminum carbon composite  on the A380 skin. 

3 minutes ago, Baconator said:

You expose yourself there buddy. In actual fact, it's common practice to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Baconator said:

Actually there are a few. Steel has properties that carbon doesn’t.  Combining the two can give you the best of both worlds 

17 minutes ago, AVALANINIA said:

No.....you should fight to keep the Cup....and probably will win this time.....but if Europe and USA didn't show up....it would lose all significance....it bodes well for New Zealand on their efforts to help Patriot.....you could never imagine the NYYC doing this on their 132 year run....quite the opposite....they bent the rules to keep the Cup

As long as one syndicate turns up we’re not to fussed. Eventually a Billionaires ego will get the better of him and challenge

1 hour ago, shearwater said:

It's all about the money. Where do the sponsors come from?  Airbus, BMW, INEOS, Prada, Pirelli...the event wants to be in a European venue with a Euro time zone that works for the maximum potential viewership where people follow the sport. When 25% of the challengers go down in a crash and come back 2 weeks later hobbled and lackluster you have a problem. You need more participants. Not to mention the fact that a 6 leg, 25min (avg leg 4.25 mins) race that's over within the first 2 minutes is pathetically unwatchable. We waited 3 years for this sh*t??? Really? It was over in an instant for the US literally and, what, they raced 8-10 25 minute races at 2am in the morning US time? No sponsor will put up with that going forward not even with a friendly billionaire to underwrite a portion of it. So far there's been 1 race that had any sort of interesting lead changes so watching a parade of two boats 500 meters apart is a complete waste of time even despite how much the announcers pretend to keep the audience interested. How many times do you hear the sort of drivel from announcers that the race hangs in the balance of a complete disaster on the leader's part in Formula 1 or NASCAR which the AC aspires to be and where you need to invest $150M over 3 years with little to no return on your investment in the end?  

Welcome to the America’s Cup, it has always been thus and yet it seems to endure regardless. 

3 minutes ago, mako23 said:

As long as one syndicate turns up we’re not to fussed. Eventually a Billionaires ego will get the better of him and challenge

I just read an interesting article by someone who has lived in both countries and saying the sport in each nation couldn't be more different....sailing in the US is seen as a past time for the rich....interesting the since the Cup changed hands in 83....the USA has won 5 times ..lost 6....won twice as a challenger....NZ  had won 3 times....lost 6 times...won twice as Challenger

21 minutes ago, Baconator said:

Are you still here, you trolling little turd?  STFU and listen to the wisdom of those who have a clue.

15 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Good point.....it is better with more challengers.....the 2000-2003 Cup's were great....no matter what they do in USA....it will never be a popular spectator sport...before I started sailing.....all I knew about yachting was that Errol Flynn had one

21 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Well you better tell ETNZ that there wrong, because that’s what there doing. Also airbus use a aluminum carbon composite  on the A380 skin. 

Prove it.

The core of etnzs foils contain metal to accomodate the trim mechanisms.

It not there primarily for structural support but does not take away from it's strength. It adds unwanted weight 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Baconator said:

So ETNZ got it all wrong when they built their foils for AC35 that way - milled steel with a carbon skin?

Are you a composite engineer?

2 hours ago, mako23 said:

Who doesn’t know NZ common law 

Also being a lawyer in the USA means nothing here....it might surprise we have our own legal system, as incredible as that sounds. We are a British legal system, which means its done correctly. 

Also suing in NZ for breach of confidentiality in NZ is a lot harder than USA. We have this concept that you use to have but don’t now, called freedom of speech. 

Quit being so fckg provincial.  We all understand that New Zealand is full in control of any legal matters that take place in New Zealand, just like every other country in the world.  We also understand that you want to stick it to the big bad US and show they can’t push you around.  BFD!  

The point is that Dean would never betray his AM team by giving secrets to another team without first getting approval.  Not only would that be beneath his character, but he would never find another team to trust him. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mako23 said:

In the America’s Cup in 92 the NZ boat nzl-20 was so flimsy that it started to buckle when under load. When asked what to do if they saw a bulge forming...the reply was ...go and sit on it

To be fair, they actually had to reinforce it after it arrived in San Diego.

IIRC the sailing team didn't lay eyes on it before it arrived there.

The antithesis of the 95 campaign and every campaign thereafter.

6 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I would like to see how Composite Engineering would have configured their filament winding method for building a D-section for one of these spars.

triaxial-braid-system.jpg

The Southern Spars rigs are female moulded autoclaved prepreg.

1 hour ago, Baconator said:

Utter bullshit crickey the winning Kiwi cat in Bermuda was sporting composite steel and carbon foils.

No offense to the valiant sailors who crewed Patriot, 

but that vessel was cursed from the start . . 

since it was funded by the tears of millions 

of struggling people who got scammed by Amway.   

Buh Bye Rich !!  

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Buh Bye Rich !!  

Add to that destructive impact policies promoted by Betsy had on the public education system in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/27/betsy-devos-trump-republicans-education-secretary

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

At least AM's homegrown (Offshore Spars) mast did its job. I think the rest were all Southern Spars and how many failures and replacements were there of those? 

Obviously, they're overbuilt. ;-)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MaxHugen said:

So ETNZ got it all wrong when they built their foils for AC35 that way - milled steel with a carbon skin?

Are you a composite engineer?

The carbon skin is providing all the strength Tension/ compression

• Downvote 1
56 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Buh Bye Rich !!  

Yip... Karma always wins out.

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Quit being so fckg provincial.  We all understand that New Zealand is full in control of any legal matters that take place in New Zealand, just like every other country in the world.  We also understand that you want to stick it to the big bad US and show they can’t push you around.  BFD!  

The point is that Dean would never betray his AM team by giving secrets to another team without first getting approval.  Not only would that be beneath his character, but he would never find another team to trust him. 

When some one overseas starts telling me about NZ law I’m going to push back. Also you Americans do have a habit of thinking your laws extend outside your borders. Also there’s a habit of illegally invading other countries etc etc 

So its well deserved the pushback. 

I don’t really want to get any anti American rant. I do like American and it’s people.  However when someone tells me I’m wrong when I know I’m right.  FFS 

26 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Are you sure it's steel, or rather metal, like titanium?

And all the way in the shaft, or just locally?

All the way.

Rudder and elevator made from a single forged piece of steel (special shit, but steel)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mako23 said:

Yes agreed. It is your party and if somebody doesn’t like it, try to win it and do it their way.

Probably very sour grapes for this guy, if AM was winning he would be ranting:” best show on earth”! :D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jaysper said:

To be fair, they actually had to reinforce it after it arrived in San Diego.

IIRC the sailing team didn't lay eyes on it before it arrived there.

The antithesis of the 95 campaign and every campaign thereafter.

92 was a good lesson on how not to manage a cup campaign 

However we would of never had the skill set to win in 95 without the groundwork of Fay Richwhite and for that I’m still grateful towards them

1 hour ago, NZL3481 said:

All the way.

Rudder and elevator made from a single forged piece of steel (special shit, but steel)

Thanks, rather surprising for a rutter. I suppose that they want it to bend in a certain way.

Too far in Patriot's case, they must have used vibranium steel !

9 hours ago, mako23 said:

You make a good point. Your sail is covered in some major NH company logos though. Idont think the AC will ever catch on big time though relative to other sporting events even if it was held in Europe. It is and always will be a niche sport.

8 hours ago, AVALANINIA said:

Good point.....it is better with more challengers.....the 2000-2003 Cup's were great....no matter what they do in USA....it will never be a popular spectator sport...before I started sailing.....all I knew about yachting was that Errol Flynn had one

He had a yacht as well.

4 hours ago, mako23 said:

Americans do have a habit of thinking your laws extend outside your borders. Also there’s a habit of illegally invading other countries etc etc 

Do you make reference to the "Alien Tort Claim Act" ?

While it might look a bit like "Imperialism", not everything is totally White or Black

it can be useful when SHELL pours millions tons of oil on your green backyards and your fish ponds.

I don't know if it works when Martians makes a barbecue with your grandmother and her pets ?

And if you are stupid enough to use $ to trade with Iran, it can be a little painfull, of course!!!

Cheers

Just now, Erwankerauzen said:

And if you are stupid enough to use $ to trade with Iran, it can be a little painfull, of course!!!

Of course, this case does not make reference to the  "Alien Tort Claim Act",  that's a little Imperialism I admit, but the rules were disclosed clearly to all gamers.

4 minutes ago, cbulger said:

Afraid the fashion in the US, and other parts of the world, is to prioritize social media over reality....

It was a very Presidential thing to do....  ;)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mako23 said:

92 was a good lesson on how not to manage a cup campaign 

However we would of never had the skill set to win in 95 without the groundwork of Fay Richwhite and for that I’m still grateful towards them

*Bruce Farr* 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, shearwater said:

You need more participants. Not to mention the fact that a 6 leg, 25min (avg leg 4.25 mins) race that's over within the first 2 minutes is pathetically unwatchable. We waited 3 years for this sh*t??? Really? It was over in an instant for the US literally and, what, they raced 8-10 25 minute races at 2am in the morning US time? No sponsor will put up with that going forward not even with a friendly billionaire to underwrite a portion of it. So far there's been 1 race that had any sort of interesting lead changes so watching a parade of two boats 500 meters apart is a complete waste of time even despite how much the announcers pretend to keep the audience interested. How many times do you hear the sort of drivel from announcers that the race hangs in the balance of a complete disaster on the leader's part in Formula 1 or NASCAR which the AC aspires to be and where you need to invest $150M over 3 years with little to no return on your investment in the end?

Agreed the event needs more participants to make it a "world class event".   This includes getting more countries involved.

The holder of the cup can develop a box rule design that not only allows more participants (massive reduction in costs) to enter the fray but also makes for better (tighter) match racing.   However it is not in the best interest of the cup holder to have more competition so I don't see that happening..  Unless the ultra wealthy get bored and the holder of the cup cant afford it anymore.

I bet the corporate sponsors for the Vendee are much happier and more successful with the exposure they get.   I know where I would put my money if I had it.

I'm really looking to the remake of the movie "Wind", where the 'womp' is when the boat splats on the water and nearly sinks, and then in the fairy tale ending, it gets put back together and wins the day.  LOL

Great job by the Italians, and I expect that we will see more than 4 races in the Prada Cup finals.

6 hours ago, mako23 said:

When some one overseas starts telling me about NZ law I’m going to push back. Also you Americans do have a habit of thinking your laws extend outside your borders. Also there’s a habit of illegally invading other countries etc etc 

So its well deserved the pushback. 

I don’t really want to get any anti American rant. I do like American and it’s people.  However when someone tells me I’m wrong when I know I’m right.  FFS 

Yes, but you did go way overboard.  When you get to ranting .... Nor do we care about Norther Hemisphere companies....  you have gone off the deep end.  So when are you going to give up your phone, computer, internet, stop flying, etc... etc....  

New Zealand is a beautiful country and has a lot of positive things to offer, but you are a very small country and are somewhat dependent on what else happens in the world.  Most of the economic and technological power in this world has come from Northern Hemisphere companies, take advantage of it when you can.  It is silly for anyone to think they are the center of the universe.

36 minutes ago, yoyo said:

Agreed the event needs more participants to make it a "world class event".   This includes getting more countries involved.

The holder of the cup can develop a box rule design that not only allows more participants (massive reduction in costs) to enter the fray but also makes for better (tighter) match racing.   However it is not in the best interest of the cup holder to have more competition so I don't see that happening..  Unless the ultra wealthy get bored and the holder of the cup cant afford it anymore.

I bet the corporate sponsors for the Vendee are much happier and more successful with the exposure they get.   I know where I would put my money if I had it.

I was rather disappointed with the Vendee Globe. All you get to see is a map, and constant interviews of the skippers.

Which is a shame, would have loved to see more of them "in action", plus maybe some tech discussions etc.

3 hours ago, mako23 said:

t you don’t like the people backing AM

Well, OK but let us bring in some specificity . . 

I do not like people who get rich by making other people poor. 

That is what the Mafia does .  

Call me old fashioned. 

• Like 7

I was rather disappointed with the Vendee Globe. All you get to see is a map, and constant interviews of the skippers.

Which is a shame, would have loved to see more of them "in action", plus maybe some tech discussions etc.

...You know they are far away at sea?

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Call me old fashioned. 

I don't like rich people who back politicians who will not disavow racist, antisemitic, lying, covid denying, conspiracy theorist supporters and who say "the poorly educated are my best supporters" and exploit that for sedition. Call me naive. But my husband's family lost members in the Holocaust and I took the 2017 Charlottesville "Jews will not replace us" torch march seriously. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
13 hours ago, Redreuben said:

Old boat builder saying;

One of the Herreshoff once said : the best design boat is the one that breaks just when you've passed the finish line

• Like 2

Discussions of Vendee technology happened as the technology was being developed and after it was revealed. Unlike the AC, where development is ongoing, development of Vendee technologies occurred well ahead of the start gun.

Next time, tune in about a year before the start.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dullers said:

You make a good point. Your sail is covered in some major NH company logos though. Idont think the AC will ever catch on big time though relative to other sporting events even if it was held in Europe. It is and always will be a niche sport.

But what a niche eh, Dullers? If you had to pick a spot, where would you rather go?

3 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

Well, since it's first to 7, you're bound to be right!

AM have demonstrated that anything can happen before they get to 7 races :)

But like everyone, we all hope that each boat wins some races in the final.

I hope for some good close racing but on balance I'll be rooting for Ben.   I just hope they have sorted out boat speed so that they are a competitive threat to ETNZ.  If LR win, I'll be rooting for LR.   I love New Zealand and the way it has won successive ACs form such a small and plucky country.  Honestly NZ has by far the best track record in the AC when you consider the size of the country and the budgets but LR have been trying for so long, it will be emotional for them to finally win it. The Brits also have a history which would be a bit like 2004 world series if they could finally ring i home.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

But what a niche eh, Dullers? If you had to pick a spot, where would you rather go?

43 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Not sure what you are saying? Or responding to?

21 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

American Magic was a bitter sweet arrangement.

I would like to see NASA be a partner next time....  Now that is some powerful engineering help!

etc...etc... 

WhyTF is NASA using the private sector now?? Because they do it better and more cost effectively.

I do not want 1 dime of my tax money that goes to NASA to be spent on a private sector sailboat race that is governed by Deed that has been so misinterpreted by lawyers and the courts. If the private money is so inept and unable to secure some of our Private sector aerospace companies to join in, OH WELL .

And don't forget, only Sailors care about Sailing. The other 98% of the worlds population could give a rats ass.

BTW, the Rolex 24 at Daytona has been a pleasure to watch (when I am awake). Those DPi cars are way more fun to watch than any F1 race.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, dullers said:

Not sure what you are saying? Or responding to?

Ha. Pre-breakfast tea. Might be a bit vague?

I guess I was asking, "Is there a more compelling 'niche' you'd rather visit?"

9 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Ha. Pre-breakfast tea. Might be a bit vague?

I guess I was asking, "Is there a more compelling 'niche' you'd rather visit?"

I agree it is a great niche to visit. I watched it from my boat in 2003 in Auckland. I have some pictures. Will have to post them.

15 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

"Budgets are rarely revealed in this game, but it has been estimated that translates to around $10m a race for the United States syndicate."

A click bate with no facts.

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Call me old fashioned. 

Well in that case, don't back ANY of the teams (including ETNZ) cos I am sure there is a bit of that in all the backers past.

I prefer to apply the sausage theory.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Enzedel92 said:

What a bitch ass comment by TH.  You think Russell Coutts would ever say that???

How about Ben Ainslie???

Fuck no.

That was the culture at AM.  What ever happens happens but we are all nice guys so its ok.

What the fuck?  He’s admitting they got owned in the start box. You’re an ignorant little twat if you can’t figure that out. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Enzedel92 said:

All you need to see is the beginning of the video when they are discussing pre start strategy.  Are they all on xanax???  No fire what so ever.  Total apathy.  Zero fucks given.

I like Xanax.  For the other team.

1 hour ago, Enzedel92 said:

All you need to see is the beginning of the video when they are discussing pre start strategy.  Are they all on xanax???  No fire what so ever.  Total apathy.  Zero fucks given.

Bang on bro. Barker has no drive or passion and talks down the whole importance of winning starts.

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

What the fuck?  He’s admitting they got owned in the start box. You’re an ignorant little twat if you can’t figure that out. 

No you dumb shit - he admitted that if LR got their timing right there was NOTHING AM could do.  What a defeatist attitude.  Coutts would never say that.  Get your facts straight douchebag  

3 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

WhyTF is NASA using the private sector now?? Because they do it better and more cost effectively.

I do not want 1 dime of my tax money that goes to NASA to be spent on a private sector sailboat race that is governed by Deed that has been so misinterpreted by lawyers and the courts. If the private money is so inept and unable to secure some of our Private sector aerospace companies to join in, OH WELL .

And don't forget, only Sailors care about Sailing. The other 98% of the worlds population could give a rats ass.

BTW, the Rolex 24 at Daytona has been a pleasure to watch (when I am awake). Those DPi cars are way more fun to watch than any F1 race.

NASA is using the private sector to "carrying the mail" and saving their limited resources for more scientific endeavors.  Partner doesn't mean that NASA would supplier the money.  Add another 10% to the budget and bring in some real brilliant minds.  I just threw out NASA as an example...  Other have suggested Elon's companies, SpaceX may be of some help, but his other companies would only have warm bodies... Tesla, etc..

• Like 1