13 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

The whole point of their 'rival protocol' was a challenge to RYSL and The Squadron's validity. 

Is that so? Can you point to any statement they've made to that effect?

My WAG is that that protocol was drawn up during AC36 in the hope and expectation they'd be the next CoR. Might as well then do something with the thing.

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And we have liftoff!!

I for one was happy to finally see an American team that didn’t just reek of assholes. Terry was a great bloke to have in front of the cameras and the intimate videos behind the scenes I found quite f

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Is that so? Can you point to any statement they've made to that effect?

My WAG is that that protocol was drawn up during AC36 in the hope and expectation they'd be the next CoR. Might as well then do something with the thing.

That's a reasonable WAG.
Here's mine: that protocol was drawn up during AC36 in the hope and expectation  certainty they'd be the next CoR Defender.  There is evidence of other acts of misplaced confidence...

• Like 2
On 5/11/2021 at 3:15 AM, cinnr said:

I thought if defender relinquishes the cup, it goes back to the team that last won it, i.e. GGYC & Larry?

My understanding - could be wrong - is that because there is a challenge 'on the table' then if RNZYS didn't defend, they would be in default and The Cup would go to the club that issued the un-answered challenge. It would be a strange way for the One Hundred Pound Cup to return to Cowes.

1 minute ago, shanghaisailor said:

My understanding - could be wrong - is that because there is a challenge 'on the table' then if RNZYS didn't defend, they would be in default and The Cup would go to the club that issued the un-answered challenge. It would be a strange way for the One Hundred Pound Cup to return to Cowes.

Which poses two  interesting questions, if GD doesn't get the money he thinks he needed to be competitive, would he choose to do a half-arsed defence (e.g. just using an updated TR) or just walk away.

And if the latter, what would RNZYS do?

I think JR and BA would be a bit disappointed to win it that way

On 5/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, Stingray~ said:

My guess is that there's a real possibility that even under their new name (and... which name did the Ineos team Challenge under?) the now-named RYS Limited is still a commercial entity and not a YC. They have no Commodore and no YC.  

I heard Hamish Ross get pretty deep into all this a few weeks back when he was on TE's Sailing Illustrated show, it was show # 408 I think and that discussion happened starting at around 120 minutes into the show.

Completely wrong Stingray - sorry.

To limit financial risks to members, many clubs in the UK are structured as a "company limited by guarantee". My old club in Scotland was one of them. I think that 'guarantee' was just One Pound per member The Royal Yacht Squadron set up RYSL in 2014 for, I assume, just that purpose when Ainslie entered the AC for the first time as the RYS team.

In fact the name of the company was changed earlier this year to just Royal Yacht Squadron and one of the directors is the is Financial Commodore of The Squadron.

Hamish Ross is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. He might understand NZL law but clearly has little knowledge of UK corporate law

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Which poses two  interesting questions, if GD doesn't get the money he thinks he needed to be competitive, would he choose to do a half-arsed defence (e.g. just using an updated TR) or just walk away.

I completely agree - Sir Ben is not the sort of person who would want to win anyth

ing by default - no glory in that.

12 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

To limit financial risks to members, many clubs in the UK are structured as a "company limited by guarantee". My old club in Scotland was one of them. I think that 'guarantee' was just One Pound per member 

Yes, RYSL is limited by guarantee and such companies are precisely not "commercial". They have no shareholders and issue no dividends. 

Honestly SR, this has been explained over and over again.

5 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Harsh. They aren't exactly the first wannabe team that failed to close the deal.

Did any get less far along? Did any keep pretending until the month of the first regatta (Christmas Cup)?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Did any get less far along? Did any keep pretending until the month of the first regatta (Christmas Cup)?

Did any get less far along? Absolutely. S&S at least started building a boat. Compare to the one-time challenger of record, HIYC.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I know while Commodore our club issued a challenge in AC32. We did all the due dilligence and we satisfied all the elements of the DoG. Although we had the approx $2m required (entry fee, late entry fee & performance bond) we (we being the club and the syndicate jointly) felt that we couldn't guarantee the 'promised' level of sponsorship to do justice to the challenge and more importantly to The Cup itself. We also had a designer, skipper and several key members of the team lined up That phone call at 1545, just 15 minutes from the cut off of 1600 (Swiss time) on the last day for challenges was not an easy one to make but Marcus Hutchinson (of ACM) was very understanding and sympathetic. So yes, our club got less far along. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

I have difficulty visualizing a walkout: it would be a colossal loss of face for GD, the NZYC and indeed the entire Country, GD would be vilified in a way even RC never was.

More likely Jacinda intervening, “confiscating” GD’s toy and  asking the NZYC to appoint a caretaker for a formally dignified defence - the money for that has already been provided

Still, GD would be a pariah for the rest of his life

9 minutes ago, Xlot said:

I have difficulty visualizing a walkout: it would be a colossal loss of face for GD, the NZYC and indeed the entire Country, GD would be vilified in a way even RC never was

But which would be the greater loss of face? Blaming Covid for lack of sponsorship and walking away, or struggling on with a half-arsed bid which might get humiliated?

1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

But which would be the greater loss of face? Blaming Covid for lack of sponsorship and walking away, or struggling on with a half-arsed bid which might get humiliated?

There would be no disgrace in racing with TR modified as much as they could afford. Losing the Emirates money is an obvious result of Covid. It’s only if he takes the cup elsewhere and still loses that he should be humiliated. 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Monkey said:

There would be no disgrace in racing with TR modified as much as they could afford. Losing the Emirates money is an obvious result of Covid. It’s only if he takes the cup elsewhere and still loses that he should be humiliated. 

Maybe. But I can see the pride meaning he would rather retire unbeaten than risk getting hammered

https://rule69.blog/2021/10/20/time-to-thrive/

MW starts out with a description of TE’s take on it yesterday, on Sailing Illustrated. I noticed Canfield’s father was watching it too but TE, a guy who believes Clubs should be at the center of things, didn’t let that hold things back. Don’t have the link handy but it’s on FB and he began at around 1:45 into it IIRC. 

14 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

but TE, a guy who believes Clubs should be at the center of things

A raging hypocrite then. Buying a club doesn't count.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

MW starts out with a description of TE’s take on it yesterday, on Sailing Illustrated. I noticed Canfield’s father was watching it too but TE, a guy who believes Clubs should be at the center of things, didn’t let that hold things back. Don’t have the link handy but it’s on FB and he began at around 1:45 into it IIRC. 

At around 01:42 of

https://www.facebook.com/SailingIllustratedBlog/videos/416096846806857/

3 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

A raging hypocrite then. Buying a club doesn't count.

Yes, he’s still pissed that GGYC and ‘The Mechanic’ let the Defense go offshore to Bermuda. 

Just now, Stingray~ said:

Yes, he’s still pissed that GGYC and ‘The Mechanic’ let the Defense go offshore to Bermuda. 

The hypocrisy started with his involvement in AC33. Tiny, stony broke club is bailed out by LE, it is kind of obvious who will always get their way.

2 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

The hypocrisy started with his involvement in AC33. Tiny, stony broke club is bailed out by LE, it is kind of obvious who will always get their way.

TE’s involvement in the AC goes WAY back. Again, the guy was practically born and raised in YC’s, he strongly believes it is where the decision-making power should be. GD’s missive today argued the exact opposite and then the RNZYS gave their excuses too for being powerless over ETNZ. 

Yes, LE snubbed St Francis and chose GGYC. And yes, as ‘The Billionaire and the Mechanic’ book describes, that was one very one-sided relationship too. 

That said, LE has sunk a $B or more into the sport. I admire all that PB has sunk into it too, pretty damn amazing.

1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

Yes, but it is a club with a great location. Sort of as if your friendly local yacht club got plunked down on a prime piece of real estate facing a spectacular sailing venue, in one of the world's great cities.

2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

That said, LE has sunk a $B or more into the sport. I admire all that PB has sunk into it too, pretty damn amazing.

And a lot of it ended up in Wussell's deep pockets.

And plenty in Tom's too, actually, and now he's pissed that he was dumped by his former paymasters...

Plenty hypocrites around everywhere.

5 hours ago, Xlot said:

I have difficulty visualizing a walkout: it would be a colossal loss of face for GD, the NZYC and indeed the entire Country, GD would be vilified in a way even RC never was.

More likely Jacinda intervening, “confiscating” GD’s toy and  asking the NZYC to appoint a caretaker for a formally dignified defence - the money for that has already been provided

Still, GD would be a pariah for the rest of his life

Looking at the Q&A from the RNZYC it would appear the club is contracted to TNZ and has no other option. As the team is a privately owned company there is no way Dalton can be forced out or the team replaced.

So if the funds don't eventuate Dalts will have to deal with it, or resign and give a hospital pass to someone else. Which would still make him a pariah.

5 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Maybe. But I can see the pride meaning he would rather retire unbeaten than risk getting hammered

Retire unbeaten? Huh?

what do you call being the biggest loser in AC, if not all of sporting history, by blowing an 8-1 lead? You call that unbeaten? 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

Retire unbeaten? Huh?

what do you call being the biggest loser in AC, if not all of sporting history, by blowing an 8-1 lead? You call that unbeaten? 

Yeah sorry, I meant on top rather than unbeaten

17 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Magnus praises TE reporting. But honestly I find TE quite hard to follow. To sperate his personal opinion and innuendo from fact. 

For instance, TE in his teaser for the show, pointed the finger for the NYYC withdrawal at ETNZ, RNYYS and Origin Sports. Yet the NYYC only really reference time as being the reason they pulled out.

The delay in venue choice is frustrating, but not a reason to pull out yet.

The protocol hasn't been delayed.

Everything points to NYYC withdrawal being about an internal struggle over what members, commodore and committees think the Cup should be and how the NYYC should contribute toward that end and what sort of Club - Team relationship they are comfortable with. That seems quite evident from the picking up and dropping of syndicates and lack of consensus on what their ideal cup boat would look like.  

It seems TE should have the contacts to interview key person from NYYC and get a fuller picture to why that syndicate - club relationship has been so problematic for their membership and how that relates the general format that seems to have become the accepted model in the modern cup... to me, that seems to the be the 'story'  but instead we get 20 minutes of TE pussy footing around it and taking pot shots at RYS's legal status.

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Magnus praises TE reporting........

It seems TE should have the contacts to interview key person from NYYC and get a fuller picture to why that syndicate - club relationship has been so problematic for their membership and how that relates the general format that seems to have become the accepted model in the modern cup... to me, that seems to the be the 'story'  but instead we get 20 minutes of TE pussy footing around it and taking pot shots at RYS's legal status.

On the first TE admires MW and MW praises TE. Very cosy. I'm afraid I rate neither of them very much. As least MW's pieces take minutes to read while TE drones on and on and on.

On your second point, I agree there's potentially an interesting story there. It seems to be that NYYC was historically fairly unique in that its defences were genuinely club-driven e.g. defender trials were a norm. The Royal Perth ran defender trials (once), has any other club done so? As far as challenges go, they have almost invariably been owner or team-driven with the club as a more or less formal appendage and that goes right back to early days. So yes, it might be that NYYC has a different desired relationship to "its" team versus other clubs.

As far as Ineos is concerned, for example, I don't think anyone would have been very surprised or outraged if "their" club had been the Royal Thames rather than the RYS. The Team is the dog, the club is the tail, the tail does not wag the dog. NYYC seems to take the opposite view.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

As far as Ineos is concerned, for example, I don't think anyone would have been very surprised or outraged if "their" club had been the Royal Thames rather than the RYS.

+1 But the Thames already has enough on its plate, trying to dislodge the current Commodore before the 250th celebrations.

We want Kate, and we won’t wait!

2019-Kate-Middleton-Sailing-feature-768x

17 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Yeah sorry, I meant on top rather than unbeaten

If you think the top dog defines an organization, then the Kiwi's are undefeated in over 25 years.  Kiwi CEO's have won all the Cups since the mid 90's - Blake, Coutts, Dalton.  It's not a coincidence.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, cbulger said:

If you think the top dog defines an organization, then the Kiwi's are undefeated in over 25 years.  Kiwi CEO's have won all the Cups since the mid 90's - Blake, Coutts, Dalton.  It's not a coincidence.

Not true. For example the top dog in 2003 was Bertarelli.

It is true he nicked a lot of designers and crew from NZ but if we count that then we also have to count when they nick a Brit designer

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Not true. For example the top dog in 2003 was Bertarelli.

It is true he nicked a lot of designers and crew from NZ but if we count that then we also have to count when they nick a Brit designer

Do we really think Bertarelli was leading that team, not Russell?  I wasn't there, but for the outside it looked like Bertarelli was Chair - but Russell was CEO.

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 7:06 AM, enigmatically2 said:

Billionaires are used to winning that way. BA has already won it.

6 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Magnus praises TE reporting. But honestly I find TE quite hard to follow. To sperate his personal opinion and innuendo from fact. 

For instance, TE in his teaser for the show, pointed the finger for the NYYC withdrawal at ETNZ, RNYYS and Origin Sports. Yet the NYYC only really reference time as being the reason they pulled out.

The delay in venue choice is frustrating, but not a reason to pull out yet.

The protocol hasn't been delayed.

Everything points to NYYC withdrawal being about an internal struggle over what members, commodore and committees think the Cup should be and how the NYYC should contribute toward that end and what sort of Club - Team relationship they are comfortable with. That seems quite evident from the picking up and dropping of syndicates and lack of consensus on what their ideal cup boat would look like.  

I'm sure you know TE's dubious AC past and his current grift around contrived spectacles and fake scuttlebutt.

So say he speaks with a forked tongue would be an understatement, but when the topic involves NYYC you should assume nuclear level contamination of message.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, cbulger said:

Larry Ellison might have a thing or two to say about who was top dog on his team. And if you think he wasn’t involved in decision making, then you have no idea.

9 hours ago, dogwatch said:

On the first TE admires MW and MW praises TE. Very cosy. I'm afraid I rate neither of them very much. As least MW's pieces take minutes to read while TE drones on and on and on.

On your second point, I agree there's potentially an interesting story there. It seems to be that NYYC was historically fairly unique in that its defences were genuinely club-driven e.g. defender trials were a norm. The Royal Perth ran defender trials (once), has any other club done so? As far as challenges go, they have almost invariably been owner or team-driven with the club as a more or less formal appendage and that goes right back to early days. So yes, it might be that NYYC has a different desired relationship to "its" team versus other clubs.

As far as Ineos is concerned, for example, I don't think anyone would have been very surprised or outraged if "their" club had been the Royal Thames rather than the RYS. The Team is the dog, the club is the tail, the tail does not wag the dog. NYYC seems to take the opposite view.  

SDYC ran defender trials in ‘92 and ‘95. 

Ehman is unwatchable for the most part. Two hour shows? How can anyone sit through that? He wants to back to the future of about 1980.

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, shanghaisailor said:

To limit financial risks to members, many clubs in the UK are structured as a "company limited by guarantee". My old club in Scotland was one of them. I think that 'guarantee' was just One Pound per member The Royal Yacht Squadron set up RYSL in 2014 for, I assume, just that purpose when Ainslie entered the AC for the first time as the RYS team.

In fact the name of the company was changed earlier this year to just Royal Yacht Squadron and one of the directors is the is Financial Commodore of The Squadron.

Hamish Ross is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. He might understand NZL law but clearly has little knowledge of UK corporate law

You are correct about Hamish Ross. He is the biggest legal loser in AC history, even a bigger loser than Carrot Top was for Fay.

It was Ross who ran the legal for Ernesto and CNEV. 

Why on earth he is lauded as some brilliant  legal mind is something I do not understand. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sunseeker said:

You are correct about Hamish Ross. He is the biggest legal loser in AC history, even a bigger loser than Carrot Top was for Fay.

Why on earth he is lauded as some brilliant  legal mind is something I do not understand. 

That's not really how law works though is it... I mean he might have run the most brilliant legal effort possible for Ernesto's crazy scheme, and still not make it stick because it was always a bullshit scheme to begin with.

Just because you beat the other side in a court case doesn't actually mean you are a better legal mind.

16 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

That's not really how law works though is it... I mean he might have run the most brilliant legal effort possible for Ernesto's crazy scheme, and still not make it stick because it was always a bullshit scheme to begin with.

Just because you beat the other side in a court case doesn't actually mean you are a better legal mind.

All very true. Most cases are decided on the facts, not the law. The law is more or less established and known. In this case, the principles (i.e. law) a court would use to interpret the Deed are known.  What doomed CNEV was the fact that it had never held a regatta before being accepted as CoR. In other words, SNG's scheme was bullshit and it therefore failed.

That said, I have not been all that impressed with Mr. Ross's legal mind. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, sunseeker said:

I doubt he could even spell loialty and he clearly doesn't understand how U sailing/yacht clubs are legally structured

On 10/21/2021 at 3:32 AM, shanghaisailor said:

I know while Commodore our club issued a challenge in AC32. We did all the due dilligence and we satisfied all the elements of the DoG. Although we had the approx $2m required (entry fee, late entry fee & performance bond) we (we being the club and the syndicate jointly) felt that we couldn't guarantee the 'promised' level of sponsorship to do justice to the challenge and more importantly to The Cup itself. We also had a designer, skipper and several key members of the team lined up That phone call at 1545, just 15 minutes from the cut off of 1600 (Swiss time) on the last day for challenges was not an easy one to make but Marcus Hutchinson (of ACM) was very understanding and sympathetic. So yes, our club got less far along. 

Stories like this is why I come to ACA. Most of the other shit leaves me depressed.

• Like 1
On 10/21/2021 at 6:32 AM, Stingray~ said:

I don't think Burling has sunk much of his own cash into the AC at all yet

• Like 1
11 hours ago, rh3000 said:

So what about the idea that the RNZYS is not a Deed legal yacht club? 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

So what about the idea that the RNZYS is not a Deed legal yacht club? 

Right. That’s a factual issue that he just gets wrong, which is weird because it is easily verifiable from public records. On the legal side, he also apparently believes the NYYC has some “supervisory role” over the Deed, which is just not true under NY law.  

Good on him for continuing to get hired, I guess.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, porthos said:

Right. That’s a factual issue that he just gets wrong, which is weird because it is easily verifiable from public records. On the legal side, he also apparently believes the NYYC has some “supervisory role” over the Deed, which is just not true under NY law.  

Good on him for continuing to get hired, I guess.

Hamish Ross is the Alan Dershowitz of the AC legal community. Probably at some point he was a decent lawyer, but now he’s just a talking head on a click bait webcast (one of Ehmans go to conspiracy theorists). 

• Like 4

HR was a consultant to Alinghi for a good while but was never one of the ‘lead lawyers’ during the DoG cases. Masmejean was among the 7 or 8 that EB had leading the cases, mostly to create delay. 

And about RYSL’s legitimacy? I express no opinion on that. :) 

36 minutes ago, Chobani Sailor said:

NYYC is looking for a new commodore as the existing one supposedly has resigned.  Submit applications to nyyc.org.

Lmao. Over dismissing S+S?? For what led to that fiasco, more likely? 

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, Stingray~ said:

.. I admire all that PB has sunk into it too, pretty damn amazing.

because of beauty, I think ETNZ should just hand the cup over to the Italians. They won that last one, hands down (and yes, I'm talking about a glamour cup here, fuck the racing).

also, might not Italy be the most likely to honor the Cup, rather than simply exploit it? 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Chobani Sailor said:

NYYC is looking for a new commodore as the existing one supposedly has resigned.  Submit applications to nyyc.org.

You have a source for this?

Resigned as Commodore, did he also resign from the club?

39 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

You have a source for this?

Resigned as Commodore, did he also resign from the club?

Yes I have a source for this.  It's being worded as not seeking his "second -term" - a kind way of the club saying "you're fired"

I assume he would still be a club member.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:11 AM, sunseeker said:

Retire unbeaten? Huh?

errr not quite, biggest losers in this game thus far are of course the poms, who haven't had their hands on it since day 1

1 hour ago, Chobani Sailor said:

Yes I have a source for this.  It's being worded as not seeking his "second -term" - a kind way of the club saying "you're fired"

He’d be better off resigning from the club. No one goes through the social climbing, glad handing and back stabbing that is required to become commodore of NYYC and just walks away before the niw traditional two year term is filled out. He’ll forever be scorned and ridiculed by a fairly large percentage of the membership. 

• Like 1
On 10/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, floater said:

also, might not Italy be the most likely to honor the Cup, rather than simply exploit it? 

Is this a serious question?  

If the Kiwi’s can go full blown Larry Ellison what makes you think the Italians won’t?

WetHog  :ph34r:

6 hours ago, WetHog said:

Is this a serious question?  

If the Kiwi’s can go full blown Larry Ellison what makes you think the Italians won’t?

WetHog  :ph34r:

idk - maybe PB simply has more class than LE?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

I wonder if RNZYS Comm Young’s role might be in jeopardy? Curious lines there. 

Conspiracy Spinray again.

Maybe time you take a holiday!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, floater said:

idk - maybe PB simply has more class than LE?

Well, PB does have a history that isn't unblemished, or unmarked by petulance.

Sat out a race and shut down his store in San Francisco.  Withdrew in Bermuda.  Raised some stink in Auckland.

Not atypical for a rich guy used to getting his way, or his peers in the AC game, but perhaps not what some would consider classy outside of a relative sense.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WetHog said:

That is certainly debatable.

WetHog  :ph34r:

I expect you're right - but oh my. the carbon work. and the sails.

yysw308051.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that spending enormous amounts of money on sail boats = good.

using the cup to make money for yourself = bad.

what would Prada do? Idk, but its clear what they have done. lol.

1 hour ago, floater said:

I expect you're right - but oh my. the carbon work. and the sails.

yysw308051.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that spending enormous amounts of money on sail boats = good.

using the cup to make money for yourself = bad.

what would Prada do? Idk, but its clear what they have done. lol.

Their boats have always been beautiful but the crew kit used for AC34 is a black mark.  Anyway, my comment was more aimed at the man himself.  

LR Uniforms.jpg

2 hours ago, WetHog said:

Their boats have always been beautiful but the crew kit used for AC34 is a black mark.  Anyway, my comment was more aimed at the man himself.  

LR Uniforms.jpg

I can't believe  you didn't like the silver Ninja Turtles outfits.

• Like 1
On 10/22/2021 at 10:00 AM, Chobani Sailor said:

NYYC is going to get their first female commodore out of all this. 

• Like 2
On 10/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, Fiji Bitter said:

Conspiracy Spinray again.

Maybe time you take a holiday!

Just like that nut bar Tucker C...."not true, but just saying, questions need to be asked"

Twin worm tongue fuck wits

On 10/22/2021 at 6:27 PM, Chobani Sailor said:

Official announcement has gone out to all members. He says that he looks forward to his next journey on the Nominating Committee.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, Svanen said:

Official announcement has gone out to all members. He says that he looks forward to his next journey on the Nominating Committee.

so it's a bog standard yacht club that elects a leader at the AGM like everyone else?

A beautiful 6th place finish for Canfield in the GC32s this past week.  That is some consistent foiling.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/243649/2021-GC32-Mar-Menor-Cup-overall

GC32 Mar Menor Cup Overall Results:

Pos Team Owner/Helm R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7 R8 R9 R10 Pts
1 Alinghi Arnaud Psarofaghis (SUI) 1 3 1 1 3 4 2 1 1 3 20
2 Black Star Sailing Team Christian Zuerrer (SUI) 2 1 2 3 5 2 4 5 2 1 27
3 Red Bull Sailing Team Roman Hagara (AUT) 3 4 4 4 2 1 1 3 4 2 28
4 Zoulou Erik Maris (FRA) 4 2 5 2 4 5 3 2 5 6 38
5 Team Rockwool Racing Nicolas Sehested (DEN) 5 6 3 6 1 3 6 4 3 5 42
6 Argo Taylor Canfield (USVI) 6 5 6 5 6 6 5 6 6 4 55
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Chobani Sailor said:

A beautiful 6th place finish for Canfield in the GC32s this past week.  That is some consistent foiling.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/243649/2021-GC32-Mar-Menor-Cup-overall

GC32 Mar Menor Cup Overall Results:

Pos Team Owner/Helm R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7 R8 R9 R10 Pts
1 Alinghi Arnaud Psarofaghis (SUI) 1 3 1 1 3 4 2 1 1 3 20
2 Black Star Sailing Team Christian Zuerrer (SUI) 2 1 2 3 5 2 4 5 2 1 27
3 Red Bull Sailing Team Roman Hagara (AUT) 3 4 4 4 2 1 1 3 4 2 28
4 Zoulou Erik Maris (FRA) 4 2 5 2 4 5 3 2 5 6 38
5 Team Rockwool Racing Nicolas Sehested (DEN) 5 6 3 6 1 3 6 4 3 5 42
6 Argo Taylor Canfield (USVI) 6 5 6 5 6 6 5 6 6 4 55

I guess he would discard the last race for consistency...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

I forget, is Canfield on JS’s SGP team? 

I think he's filled-in at some point but isn't a full time member. He got the flick from the starting line-up when JS arrived and changed the roster....

On 11/9/2021 at 2:04 AM, Stingray~ said:

I forget, is Canfield on JS’s SGP team? 

He was signed as flight controller ahead of sydney, the first event of the aborted season. 

Kirby, Canfield, Dan Morris, Mac Agnese, Hans Henken / Riley Gibbs

became

Spithill, C-J, Kirby, Andrew Campbell, Dressler / Sinclair

Basically, the America's cup boys plus C-J booted out the match racers / Olympic dinghy sailors. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Why do we still have a thread called "Team NYYC"? There isn't and won't be one.

I suppose there's a chance that under a new Comm that AM might renew that relationship. But until they go with (example) Pensacola then... shrug :)

15 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Hah, could be.. Open an American Magic thread if you like, why not?

there is one already

• Like 1