Sad. From one of fhe is great bands. I met her once backstage at the agora in cleveland, they weren't signed yet and they tried to give me a demo tape. I was wearing some record label tshirt and they thought I was a representative or something. But I wasnt, I just knew a back way into the area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/dolores-oriordan-singer-cranberries-has-died-aged-46/

• Like 1

Fuck it.  I don't understand this rule about don't speak ill of th dead.  They're dead, who gives a shit.  The deceased isn't aware of anything.  The fact that we are admonished for speaking ill of the dead, but can say all manor of vile things to the living, is an important clue at to why the world is so fucked up.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if O'Riordan's autopsy report is similar to Tom Petty's: "The Los Angeles County coroner confirmed Friday that Petty's cause of death was a "multisystem organ failure" due to mixed drug intoxication, including fentanyl, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl."

I am surprise that Petty didn't keel over dead sooner than he did.  I have read reports that O'Riordan was suffering from some kind of physical pain for some time.

On 1/20/2018 at 7:16 AM, Shortforbob said:

Pretty inappropriate politicising someones obit thread :(

Not to mention really disrespectful, the poor woman isn't even buried before the scandal rags start.

Just IMAGINE that I was politicizing anything about the dear woman. I'd explain the simple process by which that vid clip was chanced upon and how it was perceived by the poster as a worthwhile praise of all she became despite some hardships and some adverse experiences in her youth - except that I recognize no obligation to explain jack shit to someone who assumes something as stupid as what has been assumed.

That YOU see her story as scandalous rather than brave, even inspirational, says a hell of a lot more about the accuser than it says about the accused. Talk about disrespecting an obit thread.....

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Someone with so much talent. Very sad loss. 

Drinking and sitting in a hot tub can be dangerous.  Years ago, we had to drag a friend of mine out of the hot tub after he had polished off a fifth of Jaegermeister.  Due was 6 foot 4 and 240 lbs.  He fell asleep and started to slip under, so we pulled him out.  His wife was none to pleased. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

Someone with so much talent. Very sad loss. 

Drinking and sitting in a hot tub can be dangerous.  Years ago, we had to drag a friend of mine out of the hot tub after he had polished off a fifth of Jaegermeister.  Due was 6 foot 4 and 240 lbs.  He fell asleep and started to slip under, so we pulled him out.  His wife was none to pleased. 

At her husband's actions or yours?

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

At her husband's actions or yours?

Probably both.  She was there next to him, so as far as I am concerned she was on husband watch.  I just assisted in the recovery.

• 1 year later...

Dreams my all time favourite.  I don't know how to upload from my cassette player but found a you tube clip of Faye. Living in S.E.A at the time, yes it was a cover but it was the version I heard first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QnVVZZyzaI