tRump : Conflict of Interest

CREW RELEASES REPORT: PROFITING FROM THE PRESIDENCY: A YEAR’S WORTH OF PRESIDENT TRUMP’S CONFLICTS OF INTEREST

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 19, 2018

202-408-5565[email protected]

Washington—In his first year in office, President Trump racked up more than 500 potential conflicts of interest, according to a report released today by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW).

CREW researchers spent a year tracking every known interaction between the Trump administration and the Trump Organization in a daily timeline. Here’s what they found:

• President Trump spent a full third of his first year in office—122 days—visiting his commercial properties.

• Seventy executive branch officials, more than 30 members of Congress and more than a dozen state officials visited Trump Organization properties during the first year of the Trump administration.

• President Trump and his White House staff promoted the Trump brand by mentioning or referring to one of the president’s private businesses on at least 35 different occasions during the president’s first year in office.

• There have been more than 40 instances of special interest groups holding events at Trump properties since January 20, 2017.

• At least eleven foreign governments paid Trump-owned entities during the president’s first year in office, and at least six foreign government officials have made appearances at Trump Organization properties.

• Political groups spent more than $1.2 million at Trump properties during the president’s first year in office. Prior to President Trump’s 2016 campaign, annual spending by political committees at Trump properties had never exceeded $100,000 in any given year going back to at least 2002.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/press-release/crew-releases-report-profiting-presidency-years-worth-president-trumps-conflicts-interest/

• Like 1

Trump rented Mar a Lago from himself for a big dollar party celebrating the one year anniversary of his Presidency -

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/20/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-inauguration-anniversary-fundraiser/index.html

Excerpt -

Trump had been looking forward to the occasion, people who spoke with him on Friday said, describing him as upset at the prospect of canceling the entire Florida weekend.

Donors paid $100,000 a couple for tickets — or $250,000 a couple to participate in a roundtable with Trump. The proceeds go to the Trump Victory Fund, the joint fundraising effort between Trump's campaign and the Republican Party.

20 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Donald Jr. is selling access to himself with purchase of a Trump Tower India condo.

As long as he keeps the Republicans in power, they won't give a fuck about perceived conflict of interest or corruption.

Most of Team R is probably envious. Public service is now a For-Profit business just like the Constitution intended.

3 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Donald Jr. is selling access to himself with purchase of a Trump Tower India condo.

As long as he keeps the Republicans in power, they won't give a fuck about perceived conflict of interest or corruption.

3 hours ago, bhyde said:

Most of Team R is probably envious. Public service is now a For-Profit business just like the Constitution intended.

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

to be far the Constitution only intended Republicans to profit from it. They are still outraged that Democrats might profit from government and influence peddling.

This is the sort of SA gold exchange that brings me here for my amusement

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Trump Hotel caught directly profiting off taxpayer dime

The investigation, conducted by the non-profit watchdog group Property of the People, found that an employee working for the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) — the government agency tasked with administering the travel charge card program for all federal agencies — spent more than $1700 during a 2017 stay at the Trump International Hotel and the BLT Prime Restaurant located within the hotel.

The GSA then reimbursed the employee for the majority of the charges — meaning that tax dollars went directly from the U.S. government to the Trump property.

While $1700 might not seem like a lot of money, the transaction is proof that Trump is using his D.C. hotel to profit directly from taxpayer money.

https://shareblue.com/trump-hotel-caught-directly-profiting-off-taxpayer-dime/#.WnZz9h3bo4k.twitter

2 minutes ago, Mid said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Of course, until Trump, it was. Things are different now. 2018 Tax Form will give you the option of paying your taxes in cash at any Trump Hotel and receive a 20% discount.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

During his first two full years as president, Trump’s revenues from his far-flung real estate business, which his two eldest sons are running while he is president, totaled at least $886m, according to Trump’s annual financial disclosures.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/19/donald-trump-businesses-hotels-conflict-of-interest

• 9 months later...

Wow AJ, I'm not even on a couple of these threads but spotted your name, took a look and BINGO! 

I know these silly downvotes mean nothing to you, and I'll get bored with it but it really and truly is the very least I can do. 

• Downvote 2
11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Wow AJ, I'm not even on a couple of these threads but spotted your name, took a look and BINGO! 

Yeah, dude, it's almost like you are being an inter-stalker, or of that slimy Elk. 

But that's better than threats, I guess  

Ya flippin' coward 

This country " didn't elect a fool as president" the electoral college did. The republicans are the RATS sinking a desserted ship.

So how's his tariff war with china doing these days , it was an easy win according to him. Now we can't get Medical supplies and drugs needed that they make ! Good win.

Now lets talk about oil , I remember in the sixties , you fill up your car and bikini clad girls would wash your windows , then give you free glasses, are those coming back?     Oil under 18 dollars a barrel , and how much navy $$$$$$$$$$$$'s, to keep the straits of Homez... open WTF Mean time ( back to china) there stirring the shit in the South China Sea,( fyi: spent 3 years there) 

The economy has been in the shitter for the last year or so, the Feds and the central banks have been printing money for the REPRO leading , so when is these dollars going to hit , Can you spell inflation! This will be Trumps 12, 13 , 14th bankrupty 

And about the virsus thing he knew about it back in late 2019 but was too busy playing golf and worring about his business's , instead of preparing the country. He doesn't care about americans or this country , just himself, Didn't he call this FLU a "HOAX " back in Feb, well the only thing that a hoax is him looking in the mirror!

So to end my rant from a BOOMER , to all you Trump cults ARGO!

• 7 months later...