A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Dumbass has been working his fingers to the bone.

You've chosen to ignore content by Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas. Options

On 3/6/2018 at 4:00 AM, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

1e2u03.jpg

'childish and destructive', pure irony.

cheesedik, if you weren't projecting here I'd call you a fkn' liar, but I'll just say you're full of shit.

fk, you reich-wingers are a painfully asinine bunch, maybe the most ever.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Pure irony as communist want to limit rights while eating Tide pods and complaining about raping each other while no one watches their award show.

I'd limit your rights, I'd jail your simple ass, and others like you, just to fuck with you for being so offensively ludicrous. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Pure irony as communist want to limit rights while eating Tide pods and complaining about raping each other while no one watches their award show.

Say this again in plain English, please....... sorry, I don't speak retard

-DSK

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

great thing about America, no one cares what your dumbass thinks, only the laws! Guns guns guns! Suck it bitch!

it's not about what I think, it's about your kind being under lock and key so you don't vote or contaminate the gene pool, you goofy sumbitch.

it's because of simple morons like yourself that I fully realize anything is possible... nazi germany, for example.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

You only just now realized Nazi Germany was real? 

as usual, you failed to redeem yourself. you play your role to perfection, you shallow-minded ideologue butt stain.

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Needs another digit to more closely reflect his contribution.

I overwhelmingly prefer to hear what the 'other side' has to say, it helps to reduce the dreaded echo chamber scenario. 

it's the asinine FU reality attitude that chafes, ideologue pushovers like him will jump at the chance to vote against their own best interests, and worse, other's too. willful ignorance is cancerous, and nobody does it better than the american right-wing.

they literally happen to be the only demographic on this entire planet that I harbor deeply seated contempt for, and on top of that, I find most of 'em sorta' crass.  I can't say that about any other group of people. 

• Like 2

I generally agree but there are a couple of other groups I am contemptuous of - lots of overlap though.

Gunnutterz

Brits who can't speak their own language intelligibly

Reality TV fans

A couple of others.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Whose sock is it?

Likely one of our more vile former associates, who lacks the sack to keep the same name.

Unless, of course, we are dealing with someone who got nailed with the "ban hammer".

I smell -dumbas, he's been doing a jigg by the third rail this past week, he'll start dancing the ratchet next.

fk that confused prick..

• Like 2
On 14/03/2018 at 11:52 PM, Bus Driver said:

IMHO, all of them are wrong.

Off topic rant... to be fair, Steve Jobs was a talented & driven man but I wouldn't consider him a "genius". Kind of like the word "hero" shouldn't be applied to every cop, fireman, and lines man - I don't think the word "genius" should be applied to everyone that is smart and successful. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Off topic rant... to be fair, Steve Jobs was a talented & driven man but I wouldn't consider him a "genius"

SJ agrees according to the meme .

5 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Off topic rant... to be fair, Steve Jobs was a talented & driven man but I wouldn't consider him a "genius". Kind of like the word "hero" shouldn't be applied to every cop, fireman, and lines man - I don't think the word "genius" should be applied to everyone that is smart and successful. 

I prefer not to restrict the label genius to raw intellect. 

The guy combined smarts, timing, market knowledge, and (yes) luck in a way that revolutionized our technology use and needs.

He did a damned fine job of creating a technology we didn't know we needed until it was there.

If you haven't yet read his biography by Walter Isaacson, I highly recommend it.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I prefer not to restrict the label genius to raw intellect. 

The guy combined smarts, timing, market knowledge, and (yes) luck in a way that revolutionized our technology use and needs.

He did a damned fine job of creating a technology we didn't know we needed until it was there.

If you haven't yet read his biography by Walter Isaacson, I highly recommend it.

I've read his biography. Possibly not as impressed with it as you though. I agree Jobs was quite successful combined smarts, timing, etc in a way that sped up the retail acceptance of technology that was on it's way, though far slower than otherwise and for a niche market. Hell, I'm an iOS programmer - I make a decent living coding custom apps for his overpriced smart phones. I just don't see it as the result of "genius" on his part.

Luck played a very large part in his success. As did being driven. Neither of them are aspects I would consider someone a "genius" for. It's just me. As I said earlier, I think the impact of the word is diluted (much like the word "hero") when it's applied to people due to their success rather than their capabilities. Gates, Zuckerberg, Jobs, etc are/were smart men with drive, an eye for what the public wanted, a lot of luck, and not a little touch of asshole. Makes them great businessmen... but not genius.

• Like 1

I'd say those guys qualify - although the common usage is pretty well restricted to intellectual capacity.

genius

noun Plural geniuses

• Exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, Bent Sailor said:

Steve Jobs IQ was estimated to be above 160.

That is six standard deviations above the mean

Genius is four standard deviations above the mean. 

Standard  deviation from the mean is about 16% at each end of the bell curve 

above 140 is genius 

150 and above is  16% of geniuses. 

Let’s call them Genius Plus.  (GP)

Jobs was among the top 16% of GP

——-

summary analogy 

Let’s say “tall” is over 6’3.

lets say 16% of tall guys are over 6’5”

let’s say 16% of those guys are over 6’11”

A guy who measures in at 7 feet is tall 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Steve Jobs IQ was estimated to be above 160.

Having seen the kinds of IQ "estimates" celebrities get given, I'm going to have to pass on taking it as gospel. The source of that 160 IQ is from a pop psychologist, taking Jobs at his word about what he supposedly ranked in a test in the 4th grade , despite there being no proof of said result nor such stark advancement evident in his educational history. A single anecdote, from a renowned ego-maniac, with no paper trail or evidence of any kind to back it up? Next you'll be telling me Trump is most certainly the best president ever! :rolleyes: 

Most engineers I know were considered "gifted" as children. Every one of my kids is in the gifted program at school, with my youngest being advanced by years in his school. I am super proud of my boys and overly happy with their intelligence... but once again, I would not consider them geniuses. 

Holy shit is there an echo in this place.

On the IQ and genius thing I am probably in the same General area as @Bent Sailor

there is an IQ text called Stanford Binet 

it was originally administered to children as a tool for predicting their success in school.  

The results were astoundingly accurate but, because the home where you live is the very most important factor in schooo success, the test is absolutely biased by economics, parental education level, and a whole lot of other factors that have zip nada to do with the actual physiology of the brain of the kid being tested. 

A kid who lives in a one parent home where mom is drugged senseless most days is going to get a very low score and a kid, like me, living in suburbia with two college educated parents is going to score very high. 

Genius wasn’t about “how smart a kid was.” Genius meant the kid had such a fantastic head start he was virtually guaranteed to prosper in school.

but... people just had to use the  Stanford Binet terms ( moron, imbecile, gifted, genius and others) as general descriptions of the kids. ... and pretty much everybody.

ego clubs like MENSA invented tests for adults so those who tested well on the particular tests could label themselves as genius. 

Sooo... back to modern use

Genius should be a guy who is four standard deviations from the mean .

If I remember my high school math right, that is a rate of a little over  one in 15,000 

was Jobs a 1 in 15,000 kind of guy?? Certainly!! 

160 would be six standard deviations or something over a half million.

in our country of  300,000,000 was Jobs computer and  business acumen sufficientbto call him one of a special group of 600?  

Once again, I gotta go with yes. 

Seven standard deviations , I think, puts us in the vicinity of 400,000,000,000. 

Nobody has any way to test the accuracy of such a claim. There haven’t been that many people yet. Not even Buddha, Christ, Mohammed, or Einstein can legitimately claim Membership in that club.  

There is no IQ above 160 because there is no way to test hypothesis “this person is the smartest of 400,000,000,000.  We cannot even count on any real measurement  to establish the one in 15,000 claim 

except in sports.

anybody who makes it into a major league roster is at least a 1 in 15,000 talent.  

Certainly a guy who plays for ten years is a 150 baseball IQ guy.

of all the kids who pick up a bat and glove, those who have made  it into the Hall of Fame are absolutely in that 600 of the 300,000,000.

summarizing:

Statistically, Genius is one in 15,000

in the world  of computer geeks, Jobs qualifies. 

In fact, pretty much everybody who is well known , is a statistical  genius 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

In fact, pretty much everybody who is well known , is a statistical  genius

Kim Kardashian?

George Bush II?

You may want to revisit that hypothesis.