Jump to content

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

What an ugly person in every sense of the word.

 

She started with Project Veritas, eh?  Yeah, that's reassuring.

Anyone ever ever heard of being "Loomered"?  I haven't.

Fucking popularity contest winner wannabe.

(edit) I found the source of that label.  A book SHE wrote.  And, yeah, look at the face.  Yikes!

images.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Anyone ever ever heard of being "Loomered"?  I haven't.

(edit) I found the source of that label.  A book SHE wrote.  And, yeah, look at the face.  Yikes!

images.jpeg

"Loomered?"  It sounds very painful.

She looks like Morticia Addams

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

images.jpeg

I've seen better looking drag queens. Yes, she dresses like Morticia but she sure doesn't look like Morticia.

image.png.4f718315825940bca3e930c838b843a1.png

A former roommate from back in the day was from Beverley Hills. Anjelica Huston played Morticia Addams in the first movie. When she entered a restaurant my roommate was at, everyone just turned and stared. Not in a young Pamela Anderson way, but stared nonetheless. Gomez is nuts about her for a reason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

images.jpeg

Expand  

I've seen better looking drag queens. Yes, she dresses like Morticia but she sure doesn't look like Morticia.

image.png.4f718315825940bca3e930c838b843a1.png

A former roommate from back in the day was from Beverley Hills. Anjelica Huston played Morticia Addams in the first movie. When she entered a restaurant my roommate was at, everyone just turned and stared. Not in a young Pamela Anderson way, but stared nonetheless. Gomez is nuts about her for a reason.

She does bear a striking resemblance to Morticia, as played by Ms. Huston.

anjelica-huston-then-addams-family.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

She does bear a striking resemblance to Morticia, as played by Ms. Huston.

She does resemble Ms. Huston if she had been run over by a D8 and then caught on fire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:
48 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

She does bear a striking resemblance to Morticia, as played by Ms. Huston.

She does resemble Ms. Huston if she had been run over by a D8 and then caught on fire.

Then fell over and sank into the swamp

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Um, that’s 8 graphs. 
 

D602A69A-8EE7-46ED-94B0-3CE5E3B95C3E.jpeg

Obviously the problem is not enough old white men in positions of power.

You can probably get a few millions in a grant to prove that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sean said:

Um, that’s 8 graphs. 
 

D602A69A-8EE7-46ED-94B0-3CE5E3B95C3E.jpeg

Mmmm 31% White Men in America sounds a bit light?

Wiki:

White people constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 234,370,202 or 73% of the population as of 2017.[19] Non-Hispanic Whites make up 60.7% of the country's population. Their share of the U.S. population is expected to fall below 50% by 2045, primarily due to immigration and low birth rates.[20]

Hispanic and Latino Americans accounted for 48% of the national population growth of 2.9 million between July 1, 2005, and July 1, 2006.[21] Immigrants and their U.S.-born descendants are expected to provide most of the U.S. population gains in the decades ahead.[22]

The Census Bureau projects a U.S. population of 417 million in 2060, a 38% increase from 2007 (301.3 million),[23] and the United Nationsestimates that the U.S. will be among the nine countries responsible for half the world's population growth by 2050,[24] with its population being 402 million by then (an increase of 32% from 2007).[25] In an official census report, it was reported that 54.4% (2,150,926 out of 3,953,593) of births in 2010 were to "non-Hispanic whites". This represents an increase of 0.3% compared to the previous year, which was 54.1%.

 

Now I know the article refers to white people but implying 31%.......something’s not right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Now I know the article refers to white people but implying 31%.......something’s not right.

White "men", not white people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Mmmm 31% White Men in America sounds a bit light?

Wiki:

White people constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 234,370,202 or 73% of the population as of 2017.[19] Non-Hispanic Whites make up 60.7% of the country's population. Their share of the U.S. population is expected to fall below 50% by 2045, primarily due to immigration and low birth rates.[20]

Hispanic and Latino Americans accounted for 48% of the national population growth of 2.9 million between July 1, 2005, and July 1, 2006.[21] Immigrants and their U.S.-born descendants are expected to provide most of the U.S. population gains in the decades ahead.[22]

The Census Bureau projects a U.S. population of 417 million in 2060, a 38% increase from 2007 (301.3 million),[23] and the United Nationsestimates that the U.S. will be among the nine countries responsible for half the world's population growth by 2050,[24] with its population being 402 million by then (an increase of 32% from 2007).[25] In an official census report, it was reported that 54.4% (2,150,926 out of 3,953,593) of births in 2010 were to "non-Hispanic whites". This represents an increase of 0.3% compared to the previous year, which was 54.1%.

 

Now I know the article refers to white people but implying 31%.......something’s not right.

Non-Hispanic Whites make up 60.7% of the country's population. 

Of that about ~ 31% are men?

(Aren't there supposed to be more women? Must be using the 73%) 

So guess the graph's right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

White "men", not white people.

So the 31% white "Men" in America as a percentage of total population as the graph implies is an actual number?

I'm beginning. to understand why Congress is becoming full of right wingers and gun nutz ,the immigrants are taking over....oh wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

So the 31% white "Men" in America as a percentage of total population as the graph implies is an actual number?

You'll have to define "Men". ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Words that go with the picture 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/diamond-and-silk-urge-military-to-remove-biden-say-otherwise-us-will-go-to-hell-in-a-handbasket/ar-BB1f1bwD?ocid=uxbndlbing

“Diamond and Silk Urge Military to Remove Biden, Say Otherwise U.S. Will Go 'to Hell in a Handbasket'”

image.thumb.jpeg.71f3da6723afcc70ba0f01ce44dc367a.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

B07645C3-BDE4-4497-A002-3C44E2080E4E.jpeg

In something that passes for normal times that would be seriously funny

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

In something that passes for normal times that would be seriously funny

In this day and age, that’s enough to trigger another storming of the Capitol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

In something that passes for normal times that would be seriously funny

Apparently, it was intended to be humorous, but not everyone got the joke . . 

weird 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

It is not only a testament to bigotry, old-fashioned ignorance and a crap educational system have a place too.

I shared that with my students.  They laughed and one blurted "What the fuck?"  I just smiled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Did 56% of Survey Respondents Say ‘Arabic Numerals’ Shouldn’t be Taught in School?

This one was interesting too.

survey-tweet.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Especially if we want to break it down by political ideology.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 11.11.38 AM.png

To be fair, that's a little more obscure than Arabic numerals

And still not universally agreed in science, although some version of the expanding-universe theory is universal at this point.

Hell, you can still find MDs who don't believe in the germ theory of disease

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
11 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Especially if we want to break it down by political ideology.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 11.11.38 AM.png

Expand  

To be fair, that's a little more obscure than Arabic numerals

And still not universally agreed in science, although some version of the expanding-universe theory is universal at this point.

Hell, you can still find MDs who don't believe in the germ theory of disease

- DSK

Agreed.  But, if it was just unfamiliarity with the concept, wouldn't you expect the breakdown to be more similar.  I woulds imagine the words "creation theory" had a more profound impact on those <sarcasm>pious Christians</sarcasm> who identify as Republicans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Have fun plumbing then!

"Good morning, Sir! How can I help you?"

"I need some female T fittings, III/VIII to III/IV straight and on the Tee also III/VIII."

"Very well. And how many of those?"

"XII please."

"That'll be $LXXXV and LVI pennies. Do you need a bag?"

 

Maybe you should go all the way and reinstate Shillings ...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grog said:

Have fun plumbing then!

"Good morning, Sir! How can I help you?"

"I need some female T fittings, III/VIII to III/IV straight and on the Tee also III/VIII."

"Very well. And how many of those?"

"XII please."

"That'll be $LXXXV and LVI pennies. Do you need a bag?"

 

Maybe you should go all the way and reinstate Shillings ...

 

When in Rome . . .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeterSailor said:

Instead of 69, we'll say 30. Let see how many get it.

But isn't LXIX a bit more specific than 30?

Certainly works as a subset though ... :)

 

12 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

When in Rome . . .

... expect to meet Romans?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grog said:

But isn't LXIX a bit more specific than 30?

Certainly works as a subset though ... :)

 

... expect to meet Romans?

 

Romulans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grog said:

.. expect to meet Romans?

Well, I suppose so. But I was thinking more along the lines that one should expect to use Roman numerals.

Here in the Great Pacific Northwest (and in most of the rest of the world) we generally use Arabic numerals, although the Roman numerals do show up a lot (just not in mathematical calculations).

@GrogPerhaps this whole Roman vs Arabic numeral thing is losing something in the translation? (eg: 69 vs XXX? See, they're both sexual references.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Car?

Where I come from, it's a kitchen implement.... a size gage for the sausage

- DSK

I'm really not sure, but I think that thing is the reason my girlfriends vagina has an echo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
39 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Car?

Where I come from, it's a kitchen implement.... a size gage for the sausage

- DSK

I'm really not sure, but I think that thing is the reason my girlfriends vagina has an echo.

You can say that, again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I'm really not sure, but I think that thing is the reason my girlfriends vagina has an echo.

Echo or is someone down there shouting hello when you shout hello?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I dunno, maybe a karaoke machine got wedged in there.

Given the proximity, and the sensitivity, I think I would remove Mack the Knife from that jukebox.  Seriously though, America's Got Talent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 3:49 AM, Bus Driver said:

 

I wonder if the pollster knew that "the Oxford English Dictionary uses lowercase Arabic numerals to refer to Western digits, and capitalized Arabic Numerals to refer to the Eastern digits"?

1*CDvPgqTxv7kL5GmGgP1PDA.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

So six can be 6, or 7, or 9 or 4. No wonder they lost the war.

I think you meant 25 or 6 to 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Murder city according to some.  

Chicago is fine for deep dish and baseball, but I prefer St. Louis or Baltimore for murder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, Bus Driver said:

Especially if we want to break it down by political ideology.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 11.11.38 AM.png

Lemaitre was Astrophysics, not Biology.  The reason his name's familiar, is he came up with the Big Bang Theory. 

Not sure how common it is to know that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Wrong answers only. 

4C257404-3852-4545-8436-D32DE81E3AB7.jpeg

It causes cars named "Probe" to be unpopular with women.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, frenchie said:

Lemaitre was Astrophysics, not Biology.  The reason his name's familiar, is he came up with the Big Bang Theory. 

Not sure how common it is to know that.

The name was familiar, and I had to think for a bit, before it came to me.  Was mentioned in a "Theoretical Physics" class I took as an undergrad.  Within the first week, I knew I was absolutely not qualified to be in the class.  I quickly switched to "Audit" the class.  Made my brain hurt during the discussions.  

Link to post
Share on other sites