A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

On 5/20/2021 at 1:32 AM, SloopJonB said:

I've seen a couple of female carpenters and boatyard workers but have yet to see a female mechanic, plumber, electrician or other "macho" tradespeople.

60 years after "The Feminine Mystique" and 50 years after "The Female Eunuch" I expected to see them long ago.

Really? How long have you been out of the work force?

I see women in all of those trades just about daily. Some very good and others not so much.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best electricians I ever had on a job was a woman.

And I've never considered Electrician, or plumber to be particularly "macho"... Stone mason, yes, and I know a female stone mason. She could lift me over her head w/ one arm.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

And I've never considered Electrician, or plumber to be particularly "macho"... Stone mason, yes, and I know a female stone mason. She could lift me over her head w/ one arm.

O/K, how about "traditionally male trades".

My time out of the work force is irrelevant - I spent most of my life in a primarily female work environment - like 95% women.

And you don't stop dealing with trades people when you retire. The only female carpenter I have seen worked on my house last year.

When was the last time your brakes were done by a woman?

Or your stuffing box adjusted by same?

5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Laughed my ass off, multiple times.  Clearly Che & Jost had no idea what was going on or coming up, and she worked straight into the camera and never broke character for a second.   

Has anyone trademarked "White Girl Wasted" yet?  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Venom? Sea Wanker? Other?

F8BCDAA2-06D3-4819-AED2-F6BBA677113A.jpeg

That tattoo artist has too much work

Humor

37 People Who Got The Worst Tattoos EVER

You’re about to see the worst tattoos ever! However you feel about tattoos, they’ve been around for a long, long time. Some people put a lot of thought and effort into tattoos while some get the first tattoo that comes to mind.

The funny thing is that tattoos have a long history. They began in cemeteries throughout China and were reserved for mummies. Soon after that, they were considered a barbaric practice reserved for rebels and folk heroes. Convicted criminals in China between 2100 and 550 BC were also known to have tattoos.

In Greece and Rome, tattoos were used to penalize slaves, criminals, and POWS and decorative tattoos were often looked down upon. But in India, they were considered cultural symbols. And in Indonesia, they represented certain ethnic groups. Perhaps it’s fair to say that each tattoo is as unique as the individual.

With that said, whatever people’s reasons are for getting them all comes down to individuality, but that doesn’t mean there’s no such thing as a bad tattoo. Some tattoos really make you wonder what the hell they were thinking.

worst-tattoo-fails-12.jpg

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

About time to re-post this oldie...

May be a cartoon of 1 person

All she's done is talk so far.

55 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

We almost had a system in which a supreme leader can decide that someone should have expedited justice of the leader’s choosing. We narrowly averted that on 1/6/21. Our system doesn’t work with great alacrity, it works deliberately. I prefer it to the alternative. 

53 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

this comparison is gaining traction .

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

I bet she never imagined her stupid star badge would go worldwide in its rejection.

It is truly a "STUPID" star badge.

5 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

She would be wise to board up her windows.

And go take a shower... oh wait a sec, first check if she has a gold tooth?

- DSK

3 hours ago, Voyageur said:

She would be wise to board up her windows.

She's probably a neighbourhood hero.

There are probably a few people who aren't nazis too, in Nashville. Hatewrks is going to be sorry for being so provacative. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Kristallnacht comes to Nashville?

As reprehensible as she is, let us hope it does not come to that.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Voyageur said:

There are probably a few people who aren't nazis too, in Nashville. Hatewrks is going to be sorry for being so provacative. 

image.png.30f8af3fdf0813885b8ede43895798a0.png

https://www.wjhl.com/news/regional/tennessee/more-hatmakers-cut-ties-with-nashville-hat-shop-after-controversial-instagram-post/

Tom will be along shortly to tell us that these corporate persons are violating that corporate person's freedom of speech.

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.30f8af3fdf0813885b8ede43895798a0.png

https://www.wjhl.com/news/regional/tennessee/more-hatmakers-cut-ties-with-nashville-hat-shop-after-controversial-instagram-post/

Tom will be along shortly to tell us that these corporate persons are violating that corporate person's freedom of speech.

Goll Durn. Bein a supremacist is hard. 

19 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Gaslight himself.  Heh-heh.

193348336_10226185033995102_3992013322937859943_n.jpeg

His whole self-concept is based on gaslighting himself. I don't think Mary quite understands just how fucking sick her uncle is.

15 hours ago, pusslicker said:

His whole self-concept is based on gaslighting himself. I don't think Mary quite understands just how fucking sick her uncle is.

I don't know, she seems to be putting a lot of effort into it and she got a lot of air time on the fake news during the run up to the election.  Half the people in the USA just don't want to believe it and prefer to believe the BS that comes out of Trump and his minions.

A person that comes out in public with that hair and make up on a daily basis convinced that is his best look obviously does not have a grasp on reality.  Anyone who would follow such a person is further away from accepting what they see and hear.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, gptyk said:

The gulf of mexico may wish to be tested for an enlarged prostitute.

Like Governator deSanity?

2 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Thank god TFG didn't alter that with a sharpie,  half the nation wouldn't know if they were coming or going.

I thought that was right up Florida's alley. 

14 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.thumb.png.0f09106e9a614c8c9ecd640045c9990b.png

This was satire but Stanford actually held up the graduation of the law student who wrote it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/federalist-society-stanford.html

I think the kid nailed it. They should have given him a bonus minor in PoliSci and free 6 month trial subscription to Political Anarchy... oh wait....

- DSK

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

yep.

It happened all over the whole country. There were many cities including Durham NC which had black business districts called "Black Wall Street" financed by black owned banks, etc etc. For far too many white people, 'seperate but (in)equal' was still much too good to tolerate.

I heard an interesting perspective from a black man speaking about local history, and some perspective... the difference, in his opinion, between racial attitudes in the North and the South: "In the North, they don't care how high a black man rises, as long as he stays far enough away from them. In the South, they don't care how close a black man is to them, as long as he doesn't rise too high."

- DSK

• Like 1

This is really hinky. The complaint was filed back on January 25th. There was a graduation hold placed on Wallace. I ain't no fuckin' lawyer but Stanford is saying they conducted a factual inquiry (which took since Jan 25 !?). Read the damned email. Then they figured out something about case law? About the Leonard law? 

Stanford only resolved this when it became news.

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

This is really hinky. The complaint was filed back on January 25th. There was a graduation hold placed on Wallace. I ain't no fuckin' lawyer but Stanford is saying they conducted a factual inquiry (which took since Jan 25 !?). Read the damned email. Then they figured out something about case law? About the Leonard law? 

They shouldn’t be so humorless. People will think they are democRATS! 

25 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It's amazing how folks wind up doing the right thing after exhausting their efforts to do the wrong thing.

The Stanford Federalist Society's complaint said Many who saw Wallace's flyer impersonating the Stanford Federalist Society were deceived:

https://www.thefire.org/stanford-federalist-society-complaint-re-nicholas-wallace/

But the flyer itself said, Riot information will be emailed the morning of the event.

Ok, the flyer wasn't in purple comic sans. Maybe that's what took 4+ months to figure out.

20 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The Stanford Federalist Society's complaint said Many who saw Wallace's flyer impersonating the Stanford Federalist Society were deceived:

https://www.thefire.org/stanford-federalist-society-complaint-re-nicholas-wallace/

But the flyer itself said, Riot information will be emailed the morning of the event.

Ok, the flyer wasn't in purple comic sans. Maybe that's what took 4+ months to figure out.

Probably the same kind of folks who'd look up "gullible" after you tell them it's not in the dictionary.

• Like 2