Jump to content

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Thank god TFG didn't alter that with a sharpie,  half the nation wouldn't know if they were coming or going.

I thought that was right up Florida's alley. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.thumb.png.0f09106e9a614c8c9ecd640045c9990b.png

This was satire but Stanford actually held up the graduation of the law student who wrote it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/federalist-society-stanford.html

I think the kid nailed it. They should have given him a bonus minor in PoliSci and free 6 month trial subscription to Political Anarchy... oh wait....

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

yep.

It happened all over the whole country. There were many cities including Durham NC which had black business districts called "Black Wall Street" financed by black owned banks, etc etc. For far too many white people, 'seperate but (in)equal' was still much too good to tolerate.

I heard an interesting perspective from a black man speaking about local history, and some perspective... the difference, in his opinion, between racial attitudes in the North and the South: "In the North, they don't care how high a black man rises, as long as he stays far enough away from them. In the South, they don't care how close a black man is to them, as long as he doesn't rise too high."

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really hinky. The complaint was filed back on January 25th. There was a graduation hold placed on Wallace. I ain't no fuckin' lawyer but Stanford is saying they conducted a factual inquiry (which took since Jan 25 !?). Read the damned email. Then they figured out something about case law? About the Leonard law? 

Stanford only resolved this when it became news.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

This is really hinky. The complaint was filed back on January 25th. There was a graduation hold placed on Wallace. I ain't no fuckin' lawyer but Stanford is saying they conducted a factual inquiry (which took since Jan 25 !?). Read the damned email. Then they figured out something about case law? About the Leonard law? 

Stanford only resolved this when it became news.

 

They shouldn’t be so humorless. People will think they are democRATS! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

This is really hinky. The complaint was filed back on January 25th. There was a graduation hold placed on Wallace. I ain't no fuckin' lawyer but Stanford is saying they conducted a factual inquiry (which took since Jan 25 !?). Read the damned email. Then they figured out something about case law? About the Leonard law? 

Stanford only resolved this when it became news.

 

It's amazing how folks wind up doing the right thing after exhausting their efforts to do the wrong thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stanford Federalist Society's complaint said Many who saw Wallace's flyer impersonating the Stanford Federalist Society were deceived:

https://www.thefire.org/stanford-federalist-society-complaint-re-nicholas-wallace/

But the flyer itself said, Riot information will be emailed the morning of the event.

Ok, the flyer wasn't in purple comic sans. Maybe that's what took 4+ months to figure out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The Stanford Federalist Society's complaint said Many who saw Wallace's flyer impersonating the Stanford Federalist Society were deceived:

https://www.thefire.org/stanford-federalist-society-complaint-re-nicholas-wallace/

But the flyer itself said, Riot information will be emailed the morning of the event.

Ok, the flyer wasn't in purple comic sans. Maybe that's what took 4+ months to figure out.

Probably the same kind of folks who'd look up "gullible" after you tell them it's not in the dictionary.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It's amazing how folks wind up doing the right thing after exhausting their efforts to do the wrong thing.

It's long been the American Way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what happened was:

  1. Perp posts his heinous flyer Jan 25th
  2. Fed Soc nurses its grudge, gets pissed and files their aggrieved complaint on March 27th
  3. Stanford 'investigates" the case of the heinous flyer from March 27th to yesterday
  4. figuring out this very complex case takes time and apparently outside legal counsel and it wasn't simply an intentional case of justice delayed is justice denied because that would be wrong
  5. graduation is coming up and this complex case still hasn't gone away
  6. indeed a couple of months of high quality justice later, on May 27th, on the last day of classes, Stanford informs Perp that his graduation is being blocked while they continue their investigation of this complex case
  7. Perp's friends complain about this very complex case to the media
  8. Stanford media relations sees this in the media and correctly figures out that this complex case is actually really dumb and moreover might affect donations
  9. very complex case gets solved a day after it hits the Twitter

Actually, without Media Relations this complex case might never have been solved in the short and timely manner that it was.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I think what happened was:

  1. Perp posts his heinous flyer Jan 25th
  2. Fed Soc gets pissed and files their aggrieved complaint on March 27th
  3. Stanford 'investigates" the case of the heinous flyer from March 27th to yesterday
  4. figuring out this very complex case takes time and apparently outside legal counsel and it wasn't simply an intentional case of justice delayed is justice denied because that would be wrong
  5. graduation is coming up and this complex case still hasn't gone away
  6. indeed a couple of months of high quality justice later, on May 27th, Stanford informs Perp that his graduation is being blocked why they continue their investigation of this complex case
  7. Perp's friends complain about this very complex case to the media
  8. media relations sees this in the media and figures out that this is really dumb and might affect donations
  9. very complex case gets solved a day after it hits the Twitter

Actually, without Media Relations this complex case might never have been solved in the timely manner that it was.

There is a snowflake(s) at Stanford so dogmatic, they cannot see any solution for insulting the Federalist Society less than ruining an entire legal career. I hope he finds grounds to sue the snot out of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

This is really hinky. The complaint was filed back on January 25th. There was a graduation hold placed on Wallace. I ain't no fuckin' lawyer but Stanford is saying they conducted a factual inquiry (which took since Jan 25 !?). Read the damned email. Then they figured out something about case law? About the Leonard law? 

Stanford only resolved this when it became news.

 

So, our favorite Stanford student finally got read his Miranda rights?  

Miranda?  Qanon is going to be all over this shit.  Way too much to be a coincidence, right?.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno what it is with the Stanford student Reich . . 

they are also the ones who got that young woman fired by 

the Associated Press.   

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/05/26/emily-wilder-fired-ap-490892

the most urgent issue in Wilder’s dismissal is that a reporter was targeted by a disinformation campaign—in this case, by people who took issue with Wilder’s documented pro-Palestinian views—and rather than recognizing it as such, the organization essentially caved to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

It happened all over the whole country. There were many cities including Durham NC which had black business districts called "Black Wall Street" financed by black owned banks, etc etc. For far too many white people, 'seperate but (in)equal' was still much too good to tolerate.

Elie is a good writer, and one of the main reasons I subscribe to The Nation  mag. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/critical-race-theory-white/

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Increasingly Delusional Trump Believes His Hair Will Be Reinstated

I loved it when he referred to it as "beautiful".

Of course he thinks this is beautiful too.

Trump Tower's Murky History and Murkier Future: Slumping Sales, Pentagon  Leases, and Shadowy L.L.C.s | Vanity Fair

He obviously never heard the word "Trumpery"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I loved it when he referred to it as "beautiful".

Of course he thinks this is beautiful too.

Trump Tower's Murky History and Murkier Future: Slumping Sales, Pentagon  Leases, and Shadowy L.L.C.s | Vanity Fair

He obviously never heard the word "Trumpery"

This picture makes my head hurt. A friend calls this "Decorator on Drugs",

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

00B2E45B-C453-4C4B-AE3C-E2B182F239D7.jpeg

 

 

Zackly

I have a bonehead yay-Trump neighbor. Actually I have several, but this particular one no longer has a Trump flag but he does have a bumper sticker that says "Proud Descendant Of A Confederate Soldier." I felt like saying to him, "My great-grandfather was a Union soldier, does that mean I can shoot you?" but I did not. Instead I asked him, "Why are you proud of your ancestor being a loser?" I could see the gears turning but no reply came out.

- DSK

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Did he put his trousers on backwards?

194600901_10225725648389658_2789391009464925815_n.jpeg

They weren't cut with room for the Depends.

His suits have always been laughable - look at the length of the sleeves - down to his knuckles FFS.

I'd be willing to bet that he pays like $5K for his suits and the tailor is simply fucking with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'd be willing to bet that he pays like $5K for his suits and the tailor is simply fucking with him.

I would think his dry cleaner is doing the same thing. I notice there are no creases in his trousers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump doesn't pay for dry cleaning. He bought a cheap steam thingy for his maid to nuke the stench out of his cheap-ass polyester suits. There is no tailor, obviously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Did he put his trousers on backwards?

194600901_10225725648389658_2789391009464925815_n.jpeg

I find it hilarious to think that asshole is actually vain.

If anyone needed evidence that he lives in a fantasy world, there it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

90VlAB4.jpg

I can't understand how anyone could "believe" "That all religions are equally valid".  A better statement might change that to "invalid".  At best, one might be correct, but widely different conflicting beliefs can't all be valid, can they?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I can't understand how anyone could "believe" "That all religions are equally valid".  A better statement might change that to "invalid".  At best, one might be correct, but widely different conflicting beliefs can't all be valid, can they?

But they can all be "equally valid".  Just as doing different dance steps to a Bob Dylan song are all "equally valid". 

Pointless, but "valid".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Borracho said:

Trump doesn't pay for dry cleaning. He bought a cheap steam thingy for his maid to nuke the stench out of his cheap-ass polyester suits. There is no tailor, obviously.

That wasn't a maid who confessed to doing that, it was Hope Hicks.  White House "advisor".

th.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

And apparently the suits are Brioni.  Probably ordered in bulk.   It is to laugh.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

I can't understand how anyone could "believe" "That all religions are equally valid".  A better statement might change that to "invalid".  At best, one might be correct, but widely different conflicting beliefs can't all be valid, can they?

It's a personal belief, you can subscribe to it or not, that does not change the validity of the thought. Personally, I am a Jeffersonian, he didn't believe in organized religion at all, he thought it was a way to gain power and influence, and I dare say he was correct about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

That wasn't a maid who confessed to doing that, it was Hope Hicks.  White House "advisor".

th.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

And apparently the suits are Brioni.  Probably ordered in bulk.   It is to laugh.  

 

No way those are Brioni, a Brioni suit is a work of art. What Trump wears looks like it was made by an old Russian to make Trump look the eternal fool.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No way those are Brioni, a Brioni suit is a work of art. What Trump wears looks like it was made by an old Russian to make Trump look the eternal cheap fool.

FIFY

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bridhb said:

I can't understand how anyone could "believe" "That all religions are equally valid".  A better statement might change that to "invalid".  At best, one might be correct, but widely different conflicting beliefs can't all be valid, can they?

Since there are no facts involved of course they can all be equally valid - or invalid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

No way those are Brioni, a Brioni suit is a work of art. What Trump wears looks like it was made by an old Russian to make Trump look the eternal fool.

No way would TFG stoop to switching labels or buying knock-offs. Am I right?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Borracho said:

No way would TFG stoop to switching labels or buying knock-offs. Am I right?

TFG took the ancient practice of scamming and turned it into an art form

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, badlatitude said:

No way those are Brioni, a Brioni suit is a work of art. What Trump wears looks like it was made by an old Russian to make Trump look the eternal fool.

Let's just say that at Brioni, heads are exploding:

Trump’s inaugural outfit was patriotic red, white, and blue and entirely befitting his new leadership position. Most of the time, though, the president opts to wear Italian-made suits by Brioni. As reported in The Cheat Sheet earlier this year, Trump’s familiarity with the Brioni label goes all the way back to 2004, when the Italian design house provided his wardrobe for The Apprentice. These days, ‘the Donald’ says he buys his Brioni suits off the rack like anyone else.

Anyone else who can afford to shell out thousands for a single suit that is. Brioni suits are gorgeous, but they’re also outrageously expensive. A Brooks Brothers suit will set a man back around $1,000. According to men’s clothier, Ezra Paul, the price of an off-the-rack Brioni suit starts at around $5,000. If that same Brioni suit was custom tailored to a perfect fit, it might cost upwards of $8,000.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Let's just say that at Brioni, heads are exploding:

Trump’s inaugural outfit was patriotic red, white, and blue and entirely befitting his new leadership position. Most of the time, though, the president opts to wear Italian-made suits by Brioni. As reported in The Cheat Sheet earlier this year, Trump’s familiarity with the Brioni label goes all the way back to 2004, when the Italian design house provided his wardrobe for The Apprentice. These days, ‘the Donald’ says he buys his Brioni suits off the rack like anyone else.

Anyone else who can afford to shell out thousands for a single suit that is. Brioni suits are gorgeous, but they’re also outrageously expensive. A Brooks Brothers suit will set a man back around $1,000. According to men’s clothier, Ezra Paul, the price of an off-the-rack Brioni suit starts at around $5,000. If that same Brioni suit was custom tailored to a perfect fit, it might cost upwards of $8,000.

Trump is a narcissist, those Brioni's in his closet are all 38s, he's just waiting until he loses a couple of pounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Boris in shit suit

3188.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

Trump never wore a suit so well tailored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, Sean said:

New hypothesis:  He pissed himself and ruined the press and finish of the pant fabric.  Then he shoved a diaper down his pants and the whole thing ended up as the incontinent mess that it is.  Then the new "Hope Hicks" look alike got out her hair dryer and got him ready for the stage.

But hey, by August, when he retakes the White House, all these pee and poop oopsies will magically disappear and he will lead us to glory....

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

New hypothesis:  He pissed himself and ruined the press and finish of the pant fabric.  Then he shoved a diaper down his pants and the whole thing ended up as the incontinent mess that it is.  Then the new "Hope Hicks" look alike got out her hair dryer and got him ready for the stage.

But hey, by August, when he retakes the White House, all these pee and poop oopsies will magically disappear and he will lead us to glory....

Proudly waving his colostomy bag, yelling obscenities at the adoring throng.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the Obama days. That cat was fit, smooth, well-dressed. Used to jog up the Air Force One stairs. Used to speak in coherent intelligent sentences. His suits looked good on him. The world's finest soul/blues musicians felt honoured to play at his White House. His kids never stole money from a charity. He didn't take shit from Putin. 

He never paid off porn stars, I've never seen pics of his wife's tits & ass, he's never been sued for financial shenanigans, there isn't a general perception that he had a seriously weird relationship with one of his daughters.

But he's kinda brown and a Democrat, so to near half of the USA he was evil incarnate. If only he hadn't mocked Trump so skillfully at the White House press dinner, none of the last 4 years' embarrassing shit might have happened.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy said:

I miss the Obama days. That cat was fit, smooth, well-dressed. Used to jog up the Air Force One stairs. Used to speak in coherent intelligent sentences. His suits looked good on him. The world's finest soul/blues musicians felt honoured to play at his White House. His kids never stole money from a charity. He didn't take shit from Putin. 

He never paid off porn stars, I've never seen pics of his wife's tits & ass, he's never been sued for financial shenanigans, there isn't a general perception that he had a seriously weird relationship with one of his daughters.

But he's kinda brown and a Democrat, so to near half of the USA he was evil incarnate. If only he hadn't mocked Trump so skillfully at the White House press dinner, none of the last 4 years' embarrassing shit might have happened.

The video of that press dinner is history in the making.  You can see the steam coming out of Trump's ears while Obama lampoons him.  That minute marks the turning point in American history when Democracy began its descent into Anarchy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Happy said:

I miss the Obama days. That cat was fit, smooth, well-dressed. Used to jog up the Air Force One stairs. Used to speak in coherent intelligent sentences. His suits looked good on him. The world's finest soul/blues musicians felt honoured to play at his White House. His kids never stole money from a charity. He didn't take shit from Putin. 

He never paid off porn stars, I've never seen pics of his wife's tits & ass, he's never been sued for financial shenanigans, there isn't a general perception that he had a seriously weird relationship with one of his daughters.

But he's kinda brown and a Democrat, so to near half of the USA he was evil incarnate. If only he hadn't mocked Trump so skillfully at the White House press dinner, none of the last 4 years' embarrassing shit might have happened.

Well, the Kenyan also ventilated a guy whom W had said he didn't spend much time on and Tom's boy Saint Ron had said he would not have gone after in Pakistan. Saint John of Arizona was similarly opposed, for very serious reasons, mind you. This was probably not an important guy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2021 at 8:31 AM, Bus Driver said:

Did he put his trousers on backwards?

194600901_10225725648389658_2789391009464925815_n.jpeg

“And, again, let’s be clear, he did not put them on backward, which is good for Trump, because it would be very embarrassing to be the first president to put your pants on backward. As opposed to what he is, the first president where everyone believed it was at least possible. Where even his own supporters had to say, ‘No, see, look, those are pleats, right?’” — SETH ************

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

198189836_107651904876109_7972870847183675285_n.jpeg

Ahh, he was wearing women's slacks. That explains the lack of a fly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:
On 6/7/2021 at 12:50 PM, dylan winter said:

Boris in shit suit

3188.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

Expand  

Trump never wore a suit so well tailored.

BoJo never had his hair combed before either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.e38bf23f7d4b9980d9fc6e194743b6c1.jpeg

I think it's pretty obvious that the hair dryer/heat gun melted the polyester slacks that had been saturated with diet Coke urine minutes before.

If the..... I hesitate to use the word man, but...... If the individual had been wearing wool, or cotton.... The whole scrunching up, and melting thing wouldn't have happened. But I doubt if he'd pay for wool, cotton, linen, or even a blend.....

 No, Trump is plastic to the end.... At least it.... Oh wait, no.... It won't biodegrade with his body.... Then again his body is probably so full of plastic, it will have a half life of 100 years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

 

This is a delightful little bit! Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites