A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2021 at 1:02 PM, Olsonist said:

However, Jeff + Tom will be along shortly to say that he's very strong on the 2A.

Dog will also reappear to say that it was just an interesting question. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic.

I guess you know more about him than I do but this one takes the prize away from the guy who asked whether Guam might capsize. My wife played the full clip for me. I thought the really funny part was the "I'll have to get back to you" response followed by a Gomer saying he was looking forward to the follow up. So am I. I hope they really do get back to him with a serious answer in a public way.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

I'm seeing a lot less than that from Cal Fire, just two of significance.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/

Typically when the fire season starts, the air in the Bay Area goes hazy and it hasn't so far. Sadly, it will.

And if it's anything like it was last year, it will drift up here. Shit. 

7XBgwtH.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That was then.  

716DD8ED-87FD-4114-B63F-C36B777BB07E.jpeg

This is now. 

3D1287E4-E0B9-4792-9D69-A15360578EE1.jpeg

There’s never been a First Lady whose nude pictures looked as good on the Internet as Melania’s Trump’s. 

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

A + for flossing regularly... dental hygiene is good, too much make-up is not.... anything else we should know?

- DSK

She's 34. She looks 60.

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

E3ndyx-UcAQ6Z3o?format=jpg&name=large

I gotta know - Did President Biden shove anyone out of his way when walking onto a stage?

Remember when that was considered Precedential?

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sorry.  Who is she?

Lauren Boebert. (R - Looneytown)

Didn't recognize her without her tour group

- DSK

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I gotta know - Did President Biden shove anyone out of his way when walking onto a stage?

Remember when that was considered Precedential?

It is what a crude, crass, illiterate, foul mouthed deviant bullying grifter does in a room full of intelligent well spoken, well educated (and prepared) sophisticated statesmen and women who have zero respect for the leader of, arguably, the most powerful country in the world.

22 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Didn't recognize her without her tour group

- DSK

Didn't recognize her without her AR 15

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

SA0IiBF.jpg

I prefer a positive image

Ridin-W-Biden-01dsk.jpg.68f19bfa81edb9b37b5039506085a972.jpg

Although I look forward to the day that Trumpism, and all the fucked-up attitudes and impulses that led to it, are buried.

- DSK

11 minutes ago, bletso said:

It may be a very long time coming as we are still dealing with Reaganism and the trickle down theory.

So we will have to put up with Trumpian bullshitting and hatred until the ultra rich stop profiting from it?

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So we will have to put up with Trumpian bullshitting and hatred until the ultra rich stop profiting from it?

Or until such a time that it no longer gets the likes of Greene, Bobert, Cawthorn and their elk elected

Was Queen Elizabeth Really Trolling Trump? | Vogue

President Joe Biden meets with "extremely gracious" Queen Elizabeth II in  Windsor Castle - UPI.com

• Like 1

I'm sure attending the Capitol for this event is just Hunky Dory with the Capitol Police, hope the feds have lots of cameras, its always nice to document the paying guests at such important occasions, they'll be part of history.

22 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Was Queen Elizabeth Really Trolling Trump? | Vogue

The jewels she is wearing are probably worth more than all his real estate used to be worth. 

He looks like he knows he doesn't belong there.  He's right.

• Like 2

Prima facie evidence of either a scam or (another) planned insurrection. Hope the NSA and FBI are onto to it….

Or is it another FBI sting? Pay up front for the privilege of being arrested…..

182D7084-FF79-4146-9E91-D223C3405CA3.png

Just now, Sidecar said:

Prima facie evidence of either a scam or (another) planned insurrection. Hope the NSA and FBI are onto to it….

Or is it an FBI sting? Pay up front for the priveledge of being arrested…..

When it identifies Ted Nugent and Kid Rock as 'special music guest stars', how much credibility can you give them?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

The jewels she is wearing are probably worth more than all his real estate used to be worth. 

no probably about it , they are actually uninsurable due to nobody being able to provide a valuation ...

$4 billion

Officially, the Crown Jewels are priceless. They are not insured either, which means they've likely never been appraised. However, estimates put the entire collection at $4 billion.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

He looks like he knows he doesn't belong there.  He's right.

He's thinking about all the Pearl Necklaces Melania wore when she was younger.

19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

MAGA!

I'll bite , I can see that there's not enough stars and those there are in a particular order but the meaning escapes :(

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Funny.  But, fake.

Fake Tickets to Trump’s ‘2nd Inauguration’ Circulate on Social Media

4 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Yeah, not even a very good fake. Notice how TED NUGENT AND KID ROCK don't line up between the two tickets.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

You could tell, because the ticket referred to Nugent and Kid Rock as "musical".

Back in Rock Hudsons day being "musical" apparently was code for being gay, boy that would make Ted and Kids heads explode.

20 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Back in Rock Hudsons day being "musical" apparently was code for being gay, boy that would make Ted and Kids heads explode.

Liberace was musical and clearly wasn't gay.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

"Camp as a row of tents" is the phrase I believe. 

Cal has run out of purple ink .

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Liberace was musical and clearly wasn't gay.

"Do you have any idea how many miles of cock I had to suck to get where I am in show business, darling?"

6 hours ago, Mid said:

I'll bite , I can see that there's not enough stars and those there are in a particular order but the meaning escapes :(

That’s from when America was great, before the war of northern aggression, when black folks were chattel and the wimminfolk knew their place. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

She an art-history major?

Negative. Saturday, Rocha is graduating with a degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Law and Society. Her next goal is to go into law enforcement.

You go, girl.

• Like 1

1870108745_ScreenShot2021-06-19at3_52_40AM.thumb.jpg.c7b36a1f01e7652bb088217100802e3b.jpg

Humans do not have the mental bandwidth to confront climate change

In the 1996 movie, “Independence Day,” the people of the Earth unite to fight off a swarm of scuzzy-looking alien invaders. It is a fun film, even if parts of it are implausible.

And, by implausible, I don’t mean how the humans shoot down the aliens’ 15-mile-wide, city-destroying space ships with conventional jet fighters. What was truy implausible was the way Americans, let alone everyone else on the planet, managed to join together to fight a global threat. More realistically, if bad guys ever come at us from outer space, Tucker Carlson will insist it is a hoax perpetrated by the Democrats, the NRA will declare it is an FBI false flag ploy to get hold of everyone’s guns, animal rights activists will insist we have no right to harm another species and progressives will say the money spent on fighting aliens should, instead, go to fixing homelessness.

Well, we are, indeed, facing a global threat. It is called climate change. A NASA scientist just announced that the planet is getting hotter at an unprecedented rate — twice as fast as it was heating up in 2005. The American West is experiencing extreme drought and a record heat wave with water reservoirs disappearing, crops abandoned, electrical grids taxed to their limits and wildfires blazing. Meanwhile, polar ice and glaciers everywhere are shrinking at an alarming rate.

The human response? A whole lot of talk and minimal measures to reduce the use of fossil fuels that drive the climate phenomenon. In the U.S. Congress, our representatives struggle to reach  agreement that the nation’s roads and bridges need to be fixed, that the right to vote should be defended or that a violent attack on the Capitol should be investigated. Climate Change? Nearly half of the senators and congressmen will not even say it is a real thing, let alone a looming crisis that needs to be addressed immediately.

I do not only fault the Republicans for this foolish myopia. It is human beings in general. Most of us simply cannot get our minds around an existential peril that is so enormous. Instead, we expend our angst and mental energy on transitory issues, like whether Donald Trump will be president again in a few months or a few years.

Bring on the aliens. They might do a better job taking care of our planet.

9 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I haven't forgotten.

And don't call me Shirly.

(Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.)

But do you speak Jive?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

202494006_2939403696377106_1444596760321016013_n.jpeg

Arthur Hailey wrote a TV movie about that in 1956. :D