A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Only one of these blue lines is likely to get longer.

This is one of the most important political stats out there . . . 

of which many people are unaware . .  

including many democrats. 

A large measure of the blame for this I attribute to the media's incessant Both-Sidesim. 

Here is Nate Silver's take on it . . 

Nate Silver on Twitter: "2. The false equivalence and both-sides-ism that  led to outsized coverage of Clinton's emails scandal. (Obsessive coverage  of the Comey letter alone was probably enough to swing the

8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.8d12938469cfd0a50d0b96159dfb7398.png

Fuck you, elk.

Pandemic surely influenced those numbers. It’ll get even more lopsided in the coming months, Trump will be 3+ million in the red by the next election. 

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Pandemic surely influenced those numbers. It’ll get even more lopsided in the coming months, Trump will be 3+ million in the red by the next election. 

Shitstain surely influenced the pandemic.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Only 3+ million dollars in the red? Is that per month? Asking for a friend.

53 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Only 3+ million dollars in the red? Is that per month? Asking for a friend.

Jobs, not $

Sorry, I didn’t do that right; think of it as a sliding 5 month period so as to correlate to the referenced time frame. Trumps’ “job growth” numbers go red big time (largely due to his lack of action) and Bidens’ will likely keep rising for some time.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Shitstain surely influenced the pandemic.

He bullshitted the hell out of it. That pandemic had no idea what hit it! None of that girly sciencey shit like Obama used when he let Ebola get out of hand. He used manly bullshit very strongly not girly. 

1c22a835cc9cf1a514c87ddd46f308c5.jpg

Congressional Democrats Put On Elaborate 4th Of July Pageant To Teach Republicans Importance Of Democracy

“The Republicans refuse to accept the majesty and preciousness of our democracy, and so we have no choice but to offer them this no-holds-barred, musical extravaganza,” said Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), pointing to a scene in which Tim Kaine (D-VA) donned a dress and bonnet to portray Susan B. Anthony as well as members of the Oversight and Reform Committee filing into the auditorium playing “Yankee Doodle Dandy” on the recorder as particularly uplifting moments that helped convey the responsibility of honorably serving your constituents. “We’ve been rehearsing for months, learning choreography, and researching our state’s foods and traditions to really show how amazing this country can be, and our hope is that everybody who sees the show is going to come away feeling the weight of history on their shoulders, as well as humming a few classic patriotic tunes.”

https://www.theonion.com/congressional-democrats-put-on-elaborate-4th-of-july-pa-1847170824

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 7.22.57 PM.png

I liked your post but would have liked to see something about property taxes on personal homes being included.

Why you might ask?

Because, in a country as wealthy as this one, no one should be deprived of healthcare or a roof over their heads for want of money  or have their liberties deprived (freedom) unless absolutely necessary.

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well there you have it. Captain America is Antifa. Sorry about that, bullshitters. 

B95CF7D7-8C29-468B-91F0-12246E59F61C.jpeg

Ime am siurre he diddente licke that at alle.................                       :)

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

They don't understand.

Perhaps they never will....

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

78A36146-FCB7-4B58-BC5E-7FBEA7265922.jpeg

I used to believe in the big bang theory..... At this point in my life I believe any bang is good.

bang

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

208831011_10159862025636742_360578718809

hire the one with .....

we'll teach her to type on Monday .

It is worth noting this was done when the Boardwalk was empty. 

They didn't have the balls to pull this on the 4th, when the place was packed.

46 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Their mothers would be so proud.

Ilsa by any chance?

50 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

This should be posted in every hardware store in Hawaii.

Do you have a Nazi problem in Hawaii? Surprising to me if so. 

19 minutes ago, Sean said:

97C3C125-9544-45A8-9E39-383ECB99D500.jpeg

That sign should be posted on every Main Street in America.

Seriously, if people truly want to support the world they wish they lived in, no one would ever shop at a Walmart or order anything from Amazon.  

9 hours ago, Sean said:

Do you have a Nazi problem in Hawaii? Surprising to me if so. 

We have a lot of transplanted whack jobs that try to stir up problems.

It seems like every hardware store, drug store and market carry torches.  The scent of citronella oil can be overwhelming.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

3EB703CA-1983-40A8-8325-3AB4E906E062.jpeg

Does he always have that "Huh" can't quite get it look on his face?

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The problem with those meme is that people think Money is the problem. It's not money in most cases, althought it might seem like it.

11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The problem with those meme is that people think Money is the problem. It's not money in most cases, althought it might seem like it.

I thought her calling them 'narcissistic assholes' was spot on. In my humble view, those three regard their legacies as more important than any need that the hired help might have.

Would someone please call Dunning & Kruger to have them stop their experiments?

It has now been clearly proven that TFG supporters and anti-vaxxers are in complete denial about their own idiocy and cannot be taught.

19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I thought her calling them 'narcissistic assholes' was spot on. In my humble view, those three regard their legacies as more important than any need that the hired help might have.

Oh, narcissist assholes is a good description. But those folks almost always are. Warren Buffet about the only exception that comes to mind.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Oh, narcissist assholes is a good description. But those folks almost always are. Warren Buffet about the only exception that comes to mind.

I don't know. You have to be viciously ruthless to build a fortune like Buffet has built. I wonder how hard he has worked to develop that lovable old grandpa image?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I don't know. You have to be viciously ruthless to build a fortune like Buffet has built. I wonder how hard he has worked to develop that lovable old grandpa image?

He's totally ruthless with his companies in his portfolio, but I don't think it's ego so much as numbers. Which, if you're on the receiving end, doesn't really matter I suppose.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

He's totally ruthless with his companies in his portfolio, but I don't think it's ego so much as numbers. Which, if you're on the receiving end, doesn't really matter I suppose.

It is all about numbers, he just keeps a lid on negative publicity.

Berkshire Hathaway owns Clayton Homes, a company that provides manufactured housing. Last month, The Seattle Times and the Center for Public Integrity published a detailed investigation about how the company reportedly trapped low-income borrowers into loans on affordable houses that quickly depreciate and become hard to resell.

"I make no apologies whatsoever about Clayton's lending terms," he said at the investors' meeting on Saturday, according to The Seattle Times. He said regulators had not raised any concerns, adding that dealing with the lower end of the market means many of the company's clients have poor credit, which warrants loans with higher interest rates, MarketWatch reportedhttps://www.businessinsider.com/how-warren-buffett-demonstrated-he-is-a-ruthless-businessman-2015-5

Warren Buffet complains about the fairness of the tax code, saying that he pays a rate which is less than what his secretary pays. It's a neat trick to inoculate himself from moral criticism. (It kinda reminds me of what our local elk population does with their 'criticism' of their boy Shitstain.) 

• Like 2