A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

25 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Who wants to tell him

I like the new name - it evokes the art deco history of 1930's Cleveland, back when some folks still thought we were all in this thing together . . My dear old Mum was a Cleveland teenager then - she must have seen the construction in progress. 

Another reason to like them is that those giant monoliths are just outside the baseball stadium . . . and will be able to stop fans from leaving the games early !! (joke was stolen) 

Cleveland Guardians Is A Fine Name And The Backstory Is Even Better |  Defector

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good name but they're going to have to remake this movie. That's ok, Hollywood is good at that.

I'm not a huge Charlie Sheen fan but he was a legit high school pitcher. His pitching is easier to watch than Tim Robbins in Bull Durham.

On 7/19/2021 at 12:22 AM, Olsonist said:

Britney plays piano, pretty well actually. The band above is The Surfrajettes, a Toronto surf band. That's the best surf cover I've heard in awhile. Well, I guess you have to like the song being covered which I do. I went through their iTunes catalog but Toxic was the only thing I really liked.

Free Britney!

C4249E65-710C-4B0B-9BF6-1D880F4E5D75.jpeg

D5DBDE0D-71EB-4BBC-9E97-4DE4DF61F484.jpeg

I remember a pic years ago of her getting out of a Lambo or similar.

Total bald crotch shot - it looked like it was worn out - then.

She has not handled fame & money well at all.

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I remember that. Looked like Homer Simpson’s mouth if his head was tilted sideways. 

• Like 2

Charlie Gerow, Pa. gubernatorial candidate, investigated for fatal Chester County crashCZXFCHJHW5C4RKCTEX2AJXBT2E.jpg

Charlie Gerow, a Republican gubernatorial candidate, is under investigation for his involvement in a Chester County crash that killed a motorcyclist and shut down the Pennsylvania Turnpike for seven hours, according to multiple reports. 

The crash occurred around 10 p.m. Wednesday just west of the King of Prussia interchange in the westbound lanes of the turnpike, police said. A witness told Spotlight PA's Angela Couloumbis that Gerow drove for several miles with the motorcycle stuck to the front of his car.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Gerow said through a spokesperson that he “looks forward to the State Police completing their investigation and is confident that the investigation will confirm that he was not the cause (of) the accident.”

The motorcyclist was identified as Logan Carl Abbott, 30, of Bradford County, according to PennLive.com. Abbott died of multiple blunt impacts, and toxicology tests are pending, officials said. 

A report from Pennsylvania State Police does not name Gerow or provide further details of what led up to the crash. A highway construction worker, Nicholas Forgette, told Spotlight PA that he saw a Mercedes pass with a motorcycle wedged into its grill when he was working on the turnpike Wednesday evening. 

The motorcycle was “sitting upright, with the side stuck into the front of the car," according to Forgette.

"It was a big motorcycle, too. There were a bunch of sparks. And it was very loud," said Forgette, who according to Spotlight PA works for a traffic control company in Pottstown. 

Forgette told Spotlight PA he saw the Mercedes pulled over by State Police several miles down the road from where he first saw the car pass. Gerow was sitting on a guardrail, stone-faced and "kind of disconnected," he said.

A spokesperson with Pennsylvania State Police said the investigation is "active and ongoing," and authorities are trying to determine whether other vehicles may have been involved, according to Spotlight PA. 

Gerow, 66, runs Quantum Communications, a marketing firm based in Harrisburg. He announced his candidacy for governor in June and has previously campaigned for Congress and the state legislature.  

According to the Associated Press, Gerow toured Pennsylvania's GOP’s event circuit for months and spoke to audiences as a potential candidate. He has also appeared as a political commentator on “Face the State,” a public affairs television show, for more than two decades.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/charlie-gerow-crash-investigation-chester-county-pennsylvania-gubernatorial-election-2022/

CZXFCHJHW5C4RKCTEX2AJXBT2E.jpg

14 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

You're supposed to stop after something like that happens.

WTF? Awaiting toxicology report...

One hopes the toxicology reports will be on the driver of both vehicles.

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Whom amongst us has done that ?? 

35 minutes ago, saxdog said:

One hopes the toxicology reports will be on the driver of both vehicles.

Of course.

Imagine being the troopers pulling him over. I'd get a blood sample, or a warrant asap.

image.png.bc3a941470aa73abb47996e11bc4883f.png

Gerow apparently drove for several miles with the motorcycle stuck to the front of his car, according to a witness.

A highway construction worker told Spotlight PA/The Philadelphia Inquirer that he was working on the turnpike’s eastbound lanes Wednesday night when he saw a Mercedes pass by with a motorcycle wedged into its grill.

The worker, Nicholas Forgette, who works for a traffic control company in Pottstown, said sparks were flying from the car and that it was traveling at a high rate of speed. He and his crew, he said, watched in disbelief.

“It was a big motorcycle, too,” Forgette said. “There were a bunch of sparks. And it was very loud.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2021/07/23/Republican-candidate-for-governor-Charlie-Gerow-says-he-did-not-cause-fatal-accident/stories/202107230167

Sounds like he was unaware it even happened but certain he didn't cause it.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

This one's for Sea Warrior (pretty sure it is he who signs his posts like a Middle Schooler).

IMG_9456.JPG

Apparently I’m living in your head rent free.

lol

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

TppMIaN.png

And the legacy of the Confederacy lives on 150 years later and still might destroy the nation. Let’s hope that the MAGA types have much less staying power 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

And the legacy of the Confederacy lives on 150 years later and still might destroy the nation. Let’s hope that the MAGA types have much less staying power 

The Dixiecrats have taken over the GOP, which gets more brazen about it every day. 

3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Many of the Confederate leaders were intelligent and were involved for selfless reasons.

'Nuff said.

21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Many of the Confederate leaders were intelligent and were involved for selfless reasons.

'Nuff said.

Yep, they'd sacrifice almost anything so their lovable valuable darkies farmhands wouldn't get to escape be driven from their nice plantations. 

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Yep, they'd sacrifice almost anything so their lovable valuable darkies farmhands wouldn't get to escape be driven from their nice plantations. 

Some were in it for reasons other than slavery.

Trumpers are only in it for themselves.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Some were in it for reasons other than slavery.

Trumpers are only in it for themselves.

What were they in it for besides slavery (which they damn well were in it for)?

8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

What were they in it for besides slavery (which they damn well were in it for)?

Reading the declarations of secession by the various confederate state's legislatures absolutely clinches the fact that the Civil War was about maintaining slavery.  

Some states called it "interference with our domestic institutions", others were more blunt.  For example

1934409018_GeorgiaPage1.thumb.jpg.b9e65a10ed8e0230d85f081ca6f5d9b0.jpg

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Reading the declarations of secession by the various confederate state's legislatures absolutely clinches the fact that the Civil War was about maintaining slavery.  

Some states called it "interference with our domestic institutions", others were more blunt.  For example

The Constitution of the Confederate States sed:

(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

Sec. 2. (I) The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.

(3) No slave or other person held to service or labor in any State or Territory of the Confederate States, under the laws thereof, escaping or lawfully carried into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor; but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such slave belongs,. or to whom such service or labor may be due.

54 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot "Excuse me, officer. Could you direct me to the gift shop?"'

"It was a loving crowd, too, by the way.  There was a lot of love.  I've heard that from everybody."

- The Former Guy

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ana has the Bullshittercrits figured out. 

219637814_387492772740957_97164660434924

Damn, she better watch out, her fans might start to question which letter she has after her name.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Damn, she better watch out, her fans might start to question which letter she has after her name.

That started long ago, as it does for anyone who doesn't throat the little mushroom to the nutline. 

19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

At the risk of turning this into a gun thread, I thought this was pretty funny.

227461942_3993985440729686_1730167232785126182_n.jpeg

Yep, that's a pretty special handgun.

Even these pinheads should recognize that... oh wait.

- DSK

16 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yep, that's a pretty special handgun.

Even these pinheads should recognize that... oh wait.

- DSK

Admitting my ignorance of handguns, I found that photo really odd.  I assumed something that large would produce quite a recoil.  Turns out, this is a 10mm air pistol.  Not quite what I was imagining.

Still, the seemingly casual stance is awesome.

Just now, badlatitude said:

Seeing the Emperor without clothes, may change a few voters minds.

They'll deny it is real.  This is what they believe he looks like.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Admitting my ignorance of handguns, I found that photo really odd.  I assumed something that large would produce quite a recoil.  Turns out, this is a 10mm air pistol.  Not quite what I was imagining.

I think the purpose of the stance is to minimize any extraneous body movements that might affect the shot. I heard a story on NPR this morning that shooters at this level spend a of lot time learning how to slow down their heart beats. They try to actually fire between the beats because the pulse in your wrist or arm can affect the shot.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Seeing the Emperor without clothes, may change a few voters minds.

Why?  He looks like most of them.  And they proudly stand around in their backyards grilling brats in their camo shorts with their manly gut hanging out.  

39 minutes ago, Remodel said:

I think the purpose of the stance is to minimize any extraneous body movements that might affect the shot. I heard a story on NPR this morning that shooters at this level spend a of lot time learning how to slow down their heart beats. They try to actually fire between the beats because the pulse in your wrist or arm can affect the shot.

that is true, and not just at that level. Decent recreational shooters can do the same. Back in the day I was able to do that, but it's been a lifetime since I've been to the range.

1 hour ago, Remodel said:

I watched some footage of the finals in Tokyo and many had the thumb of their non-shooting hand hooked in a belt loop.  Purported it helps them assume a more relaxed posture.

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I really could've lived out the remainder of my life not ever seeing that.

If I was a cat I’d gladly sacrifice my 9 lives not to have seen that

21 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Gun mass actually works the other way. Think of it like this: you fire a .357 round from a small, lightweight gun then fire an identical round from a big, heavy gun. Which one is going to hit your hand harder?

On 7/29/2021 at 5:19 AM, Bus Driver said:

I did a quick check of shooting medals in the Olympics. I (mistakenly) assumed that the US with its strange obsession with guns would dominate. Interestingly, the US has won 5 medals as of this morning while China has won 9. Last I checked, China was not obsessed with gun culture. Maybe in the US you don't worry about accuracy and just rely on firepower.

Yeah, but China has a population of 1.4 billion. What I don't understand is the hearing protection for air pistol. Maybe it's just to reduce distraction.

34 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I did a quick check of shooting medals in the Olympics. I (mistakenly) assumed that the US with its strange obsession with guns would dominate. Interestingly, the US has won 5 medals as of this morning while China has won 9. Last I checked, China was not obsessed with gun culture. Maybe in the US you don't worry about accuracy and just rely on firepower.

Works for Fox News.

Ha Ha Ha

Two travellers from U.S. fined $20,000 each for fake vaccination documents

trav.jpg

Two travellers who arrived in Toronto from the United States have been fined for providing fake COVID-19 proof of vaccination documents and lying about pre-departure tests. 

The Public Health Agency of Canada says the travellers also didn’t comply with requirements to stay at a government-authorized hotel or to get tested upon arrival. 

The agency says in a news release Friday that the travellers arrived last week and have been handed four fines totalling $19,720 each. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/07/30/two-travellers-from-us-fined-20000-each-for-fake-vaccination-documents.html

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Ha Ha Ha

Two travellers from U.S. fined $20,000 each for fake vaccination documents

trav.jpg

Two travellers who arrived in Toronto from the United States have been fined for providing fake COVID-19 proof of vaccination documents and lying about pre-departure tests. 

The Public Health Agency of Canada says the travellers also didn’t comply with requirements to stay at a government-authorized hotel or to get tested upon arrival. 

The agency says in a news release Friday that the travellers arrived last week and have been handed four fines totalling $19,720 each. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/07/30/two-travellers-from-us-fined-20000-each-for-fake-vaccination-documents.html

I'm torn between letting the stupid come and pinging them 10k a pop or sending them to straight to one of those indigenous schools for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

I'm torn between letting the stupid come and pinging them 10k a pop or sending them to straight to one of those indigenous schools for a bit.

Hush yo mouth. Nobody deserves residential schools, at least the way they were run. I do think they could make amends  by donating a few excess organs however.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Hush yo mouth. Nobody deserves residential schools, at least the way they were run. I do think they could make amends  by donating a few excess organs however.

They're ALL excess organs.

And they're wasting our oxygen

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

They're ALL excess organs.

And they're wasting our oxygen

- DSK

Donating both lungs would be a good start.

• Like 1
On 7/29/2021 at 8:19 AM, Bus Driver said:

The level of athleticism involved in shooting air pistols is similar to playing Tiddlywinks (which will be introduced as an Olympic sport in 2024).

4 minutes ago, Mirror16 said:

The level of athleticism involved in shooting air pistols is similar to playing Tiddlywinks (which will be introduced as an Olympic sport in 2024).

I did pistol target shooting for a while, it's fun. I shot air pistols indoors for practice but I did not have one quite so fancy and I didn't use that slacker stance. I'm sure they're better shots than I am.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Do we have to choose?

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

I did pistol target shooting for a while, it's fun. I shot air pistols indoors for practice but I did not have one quite so fancy and I didn't use that slacker stance. I'm sure they're better shots than I am.

- DSK

I shoot deer with an airsoft pistol. It annoys the hell out of them. If I was shooting real rounds, I'd be about 60% kill shot with the first.

What the hell am I going to do with a dozen dead deer?

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I shoot deer with an airsoft pistol. It annoys the hell out of them. If I was shooting real rounds, I'd be about 60% kill shot with the first.

Shooting them from your deck?

8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Feed them to the bears?

- DSK

On 7/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, SloopJonB said:

britney-crotch-full.jpg

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

2AAAECA7-0EBA-4E3C-888D-9519ADCF27E3.jpeg

honestly folks just how do you propose to get your country back together ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mid said:

honestly folks just how do you propose to get your country back together ?

Identify bullshit and bullshitters early and often, before their alternate reality destroys the republic. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Mid said:

britney-crotch-full.jpg

You just had to do that didn't you?

Like the memory wasn't bad enough.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You just had to do that didn't you?

Like the memory wasn't bad enough.

sorry , thought it was a request :)

16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is the pandemic over?

can you spell super spreader ?