A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Won’t it be ironic if he ends up being a Bronco or a Colt? At least he won’t have parasites.  

He went to played for Berkeley although he generally refers to his JC as his college team. Fine by me. Mitchell Scwartz also went to Berkeley except that he graduated.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Cal-ex-Chiefs-lineman-makes-fun-of-Aaron-rodgers-16596061.php

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Won’t it be ironic if he ends up being a Bronco or a Colt? At least he won’t have parasites.  

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Well played.

59 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Turns out that photo is from right after he delivered his victory speech in 2018.  Not sure about any of you, but I hope to hell I don't look that uncomfortable when I kiss my wife.

And, no, I don't mean how uncomfortable you might look kissing my wife.

One last thing - someone (incorrectly) identified the woman as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green.  If it were, I would understand his expression.

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Do I detect some Republicans on that list?

One, at least. Jefferson was a Democrat, Lincoln and Grant would be Democrats these days. McKinley, an economic imperialist, would definitely be a Republican nowadays.

- DSK

On 11/12/2021 at 2:15 AM, SloopJonB said:

He really has gone through the looking glass.

what's way more concerning is the " insert descriptive adjective of choice " who actually donate .

14 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Ignoring him is much less of a toll on the rational mind.

While I don't disagree with your premise, I have a high threshold for what is necessary for me to use the "Ignore" function.  Usually, when you get nasty personal with me or a family member of mine.  I mean, really nasty.  Very few have earned that distinction.

I'd rather see what others are posting, even if I believe their point to be meritless.  That way, I can have a sense of what others believe.  And, THAT can be scary.

4 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

1279373848_ScreenShot2021-11-20at5_24_44AM.thumb.jpg.278fc2c451d113decfb4bf290c60673e.jpg

That's it.

Vancouver is a notoriously wet city and November is the wettest month.

On the weekend we got a typical November monthly rainfall in one day - 6"

And it rained a whole lot harder than here elsewhere in the province - Hope, 90 miles away got over 10" in one day.

• Like 1

fascists.jpg

“The American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact. Their newspapers and propaganda carefully cultivate every fissure of disunity .…They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection.”

Vice President Henry A. Wallace, April 9, 1944.
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And it rained a whole lot harder than here elsewhere in the province

That's whatcha get when there is a merger of a bomb cyclone and an atmospheric river !! 

(sorry about what looks to be big damage in BC)