Sydney To Hobart 2018

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK...so I've nearly sobered up... and want to say a few things to the SA team that have followed the Voodoo story. Firstly  - Thank you for your support and input! From the outset I've put though

I was on shore for my live interview show, and then live with the ABC Grandstand radio for the start.  Channel 7 has full rights to all live vision - so there was really no point going on the wat

I have received dozen emails/private messages about my tracker for this year. I have updated to new Windy version and I hope it will work on boxing day https://gis.ee/sh/

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Last TM won her division last time in this race and current team and boat appears to be carrying on tradition so hardly underestimated. But reality is she remains a relative unknown over a race track of this length and against competition like this. If she hadn't had busted her rig in MSR we would obviously know more.

Hmmm but a good bit heavier for its length than the TP52 fleet so will be disadvantaged downwind in the forcecast conditions.  That said it rates way lower and has a cloud of sail - if I have the time I'll run up some comparative polars and routings 

2 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

Hmmm but a good bit heavier for its length than the TP52 fleet so will be disadvantaged downwind in the forcecast conditions.  That said it rates way lower and has a cloud of sail - if I have the time I'll run up some comparative polars and routings 

that would be interesting. Sounds like more of a light air VMG running and upwind machine, just where the TP's will suffer the angles (and rating).

The Frenchies know how to squeeze the bejeesus out of IRC, I'll give them that.  (ps: NMYD is Nivelt Muratet, not Nelson Marek)

Cant see the current conditions helping Teasing Machine. The TP52's look better downwind which is what this race is. You need a light and fast downwinder for the current forecast. Looks tough for Comanche. Oats and BJ will be loving this. I'm not seeing the angles for the Big Indian. If she has improved this is the race that will tell the story. Chutzpah will be the 40 footer to watch. Ichi Ban still the 52 to watch she is winning on IRC by massive margins. 

I get the feeling this is a race where one or two boats will get lucky.

• Like 1

Interesting that Comanche pulled the grinders off-no more records for her in the current configuration.

Awesome to see Jim do the start (and presumably finish) even with all the talent onboard. 

I agree that it’s unlikely Stan got it that wrong, more likely a conditions+sail plan+hull form issue. It’s possibles they added some sails to the wardrobe that help with deep running?

Infotrack is also hurt with the current forecast.

The 40 and 50’ race will be exciting, great reading the different opinions-agree with TF, luck will matter!!

19 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

No just WOXI and BJ beating each other up alone at this weather juncture.

I also find it interesting about the owners comments that his big black boat has found some mysterious go deep off wind capability not revealed to date, yet SciFi stepping on the Big Indian for the first time to replace Stan, was arguably the first one to unlock the Volvo 65 getting to the other end quicker 3 heading it at tighter AWA's and leaving the A3 in the bag.

That could lead to some interesting onboard mid race discusions?

JS

I believe the issue with the one design A3 on the VO65 was that it was cut too flat and too small, hence they mostly opted for the MH0. Also it did not set as well for triple heading as the MH0 and did, as you say, stay in the bag. In triple head set up the 65 would run about 142-145 TWA which is where the Indian is aiming now (according to Cooney) so we may not see many arguments on board. BJ target VMG is about 152, presume WOXI is between those two now. 

Latest BOM weather shows plenty of breeze downhill from Sydney to Bass Strait right through till Friday late. There's 2 days of surfing for all the boats. There maybe enough angle/breeze for Comanche after the start to get out to a lead like she did last year. Then the VMG running starts down the coast and will all get down to the angle for her to hold off the skinny RP's. TP52's will love this also. 

1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

Latest BOM weather shows plenty of breeze downhill from Sydney to Bass Strait right through till Friday late. There's 2 days of surfing for all the boats. There maybe enough angle/breeze for Comanche after the start to get out to a lead like she did last year. Then the VMG running starts down the coast and will all get down to the angle for her to hold off the skinny RP's. TP52's will love this also. 

Back under two days?

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 10.55.00 PM.png

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

JS

I believe the issue with the one design A3 on the VO65 was that it was cut too flat and too small, hence they mostly opted for the MH0. Also it did not set as well for triple heading as the MH0 and did, as you say, stay in the bag. In triple head set up the 65 would run about 142-145 TWA which is where the Indian is aiming now (according to Cooney) so we may not see many arguments on board. BJ target VMG is about 152, presume WOXI is between those two now. 

9 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

Forecast time gaps are getting closer with Euro still having the edge.  GFS is showing the transition zone kicking in around 1800 local on the 26th  with a strong veer to the SSE and lasting for around 5 to 6 hours.  Avg TWS in the low to mid teens with some early gusts into the high teens. More pressure at the front end.

Euro doesn't see the transition zone as much more than a TWS speed bump, with little change in TWD.  Things start to go pear shaped around 0200 local on the 28th, but higher average TWS at the front and middle parts of the course.

All subject to change of course.

@Hitchhiker, great work but note my comments about BOM's ACCESS model just at this juncture.

@Crazy Cat thanks for the SciFi reality check, though that 140+ TWA for the Indian is the bit I'm having difficulty digesting. But if @PIL66 is right about a mistake made last year in the order of 20 miles or 50% lost out of 40 miles extra travel by not going deep enough (and he would know) and having regard for their lead up work this year that luckily had Honey on board for most of it, then it means subject to TWS the Indian is now a sheep in wolfs clothing.

At current forecast using BOM's ACCESS, 15nm resolution model noting it is far more accurate 3/4 days out than other Global models. The shame about that model for GRIBS it is subscription based that cost a kidney. Outside the big boats having to negotiate a transition associated with a trough moving north on Wednesday up the NSW south coast and early evening positioned north of Gabo, those TWS for the bigger boats up the arse are in the order of 20+k from Start to that transition, I also think we will see a drag race between the 100's to Gabo as while say WOXI, BJ and don't discount Scally, can run deeper than the Indian, they will be inclined to harden up and head offshore too where on current forecast the transition is narrower offshore plus with breeze possibly on other side of transition clocking north bringing them back to the rhumb line. The <60' should be less bothered by that transition. Then around 10/15k on other side of transition across Bass Strait and on the approach to Flinders rising 15/25k. 

The big boats and even the 60'+ should then get to Flinders in advance of SW change associated with a weak cold front bringing a 10/15K SW late Thursday/early Friday morning.

That scenario indicates if the Indian has found a deeper angle she is going to give WOXI and BJ a big fright in conditions those two are better suited to. It will also mean the 60'+ brigade if around the corner in advance of that change will be breaking hearts in the 50' club assuming they are going to be around say 5 hours behind at that point and then back smaller boats will get murdered by the transition in front of that, albeit they do get the benefit of the breeze building behind them for the first half to offset that.

To conclude It is worth noting that @Couta  up thread generously provided us with his teams thoughts to choosing Voodoo a RP63 over say a TP52 or Cookson 50 for this race and this year. The current weather models show the Tasman High stalled between the Start and around when a 60+ boat should get to Flinders before that weak front associated with the Low south of Tasmania moving east starts displacing that High late Thursday/early Friday and fucking up smaller boats. If they had sat down and dreamed up a isobar chart back then to best suit the choice of Voodoo, then I think they would have scribbled out these below involving a constipated Tasman High until late Thursday. Love it when a plan comes together.

However still 3/4 days out and things do change. But having said that, the trend is just about cast in bronze in my mind so the only variable will be timing associated to how that Tasman High moves and forms over the next few days. 

This race will be a cracker as low probability of damage and skill at finding the right lane on the race track depending on boat size will determine the outcome. A bit of a rarity for this race having so many weather equalizers.     

S2H_2018_1200_20181223_A.jpg

Done..... I spent my $1000.00 on Vodoo. And thanks Jack.. But it was having sailed with Julian Freeman, Nic Partiridge and Simon Cunnington that got me over the line on this one.! I'm still not convinced on the weather so I am going with with gut feeling. Somebody with heaps of luck will win before IRC rating................

• Like 1

Check pout the time splits between GFS and Euro.  They both though have very different approaches.

GFS  forecasts hour 26 (1500 27th) for transition as they pass through the trough of light pressure. Time period has dropped to around 6 hours but lower overall TWS for the final stretch. Not much change in the TWD until late in the race when a big veer to the South comes in.  Otherwise it oscillates between the NE and the N with some bites into the NNW.

Euro forecast shows a transition zone as late as 38 hours (0300 28th) into the race, which I think means the high pressure has dissipated and is replaced by a later arriving ridge of light air toward the end of the run for the Super-maxis.  Again, like the GFS there is a lower overall TWS for the final stretch.  TWD stays pretty consistent from the NNE until hour 16-18 or so, when a gradual back starts to come into play to the NNW, then continuing into the west and SW for the final stretch.  That final backing seems to be caused by a very local low pressure bubble trying to form over the south part of Taz for the final stretch up the Derwent.

If the high pressure between Oz and NZ tightens up at the 500mb level, that could allow a better feed into the low pressure passing through  to the south which in turn could all for tighter isobar compression across the course before and into the start window.  That would mean a significant drop in passage times. There is still plenty to play out here.

Btw, I'm going out on a limb here because I am a terrible gambler. But,

LH: Comanche.

HC: Mark Twain.  Mainly 'coz I like Michael. I enjoyed working with him on the Checkmate purchase.  Disappointed to not see her lining up.

S2Hcomps5.JPG

S2Hpic5.JPG

15 hours ago, samc99us said:

Interesting that Comanche pulled the grinders off-no more records for her in the current configuration.

Awesome to see Jim do the start (and presumably finish) even with all the talent onboard. 

I agree that it’s unlikely Stan got it that wrong, more likely a conditions+sail plan+hull form issue. It’s possibles they added some sails to the wardrobe that help with deep running?

Infotrack is also hurt with the current forecast.

The 40 and 50’ race will be exciting, great reading the different opinions-agree with TF, luck will matter!!

They saved a bunch of weight getting rid of the pedestals, driveshafts and other manual stuff. (~200kg). According to the October edition of Seahorse Magazine, Comanche is racing roughly 700kg lighter than when she had manual winches, as they were able to take off some crew numbers as well.  

Ok...so after all that ...and assuring us that they'd go with whatever we nominated...suddenly they had a change of mind....Hmmm

"On behalf of the Race Committee I can advise that a decision has been made to leave the 4 boats in question in Division 1.

The reasons for this are:

- Div 0 is historically a division for canting keel boats

- the representation that 2 of the 4 boats in question were not positioned one way or the other

- the flow on effect of other boats wanting to change divisions if we move these 4 boats

Your approach has given us greater focus to consider having a separate TP52 division in the 2019 Race when have the ability to add more divisions."

On 12/22/2018 at 6:31 PM, Feilberg said:

All talk no balls.

Couta if you've got box head onboard and you end up owing me a jug tell box "no garnish" ok?

Ok Feilberg...you sure are a cocky little unit ......Box reckons he'd be happy to double down on the bet...so now you've got 2 Jugs on with the Voodoo croo! 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, samc99us said:

Northern hemisphere is where the records are for this boat so not much point, particularly when you hold the big one. Also powered now eligible for Transpac's the Barndoor.

10 minutes ago, Couta said:

Any SA'ers in Melbourne flying up to Sydney tomorrow? I'm looking for a lift to Tulla in the arvo....just putting it out there! Cheers Couta.

Dropping the Mrs off at Tulla tomorrow 6pm on her way to Patriot but leaving from Macedon.

Best of luck Couta, Big Box, Little Box, Lowstressa and the rest of the  Voodoo tribe. See you in H town.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Couta said:

now you've got 2 Jugs on with the Voodoo croo! 

Please forgive my ignorance...  I'm curious...  what's being wagered?  Best I can guess via Google is something related to the Bundy Jug drinking contest at Customs House?

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Please forgive my ignorance...  I'm curious...  what's being wagered?  Best I can guess via Google is something related to the Bundy Jug drinking contest at Customs House?

You're onto it Your Mom - rum bets...in this case crappy Bundaberg Rum ...aka Bundy....standard for every major race....a "Jug" is a "pitcher" in your parlance...and after a few... "Jug of Bundy" can become a "Bug 'o Jundy"....and the barman will still get it right!

Good luck to all on here that are heading south. Have a safe trip and remember to firstly clip on and then think of those at home before you go and do something that you may not come back from

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Couta said:

Ta Sportscar...gave little brother a snapshot of the forecast over the family lunch yesterday....He's pumped...the Patriot team are looking good!!

Thanks Couta, they do look good after a solid lead up. Recliner has left no stone unturned in his super thorough preparation. Its in the lap of the gods from here.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, bayboy said:

Think we need a dedicated setup for drinks for the crews who can let loose, also Customs costs too much, I have heard stories of big money being spent

If you hear a story IT IS'NT TRUE!

Nothing said in Customs or Shippies is true,  & those that make the BIG spend don't want the story getting home.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Pretty definitive response re sail stacking. Should end a few arguments on this thread at least. 

Don't know why it's a bloody question. RRS are pretty clear.

Ditto bullshit about outriggers. Do you really need to consult a higher authority?

Can only think it's people stirring shit and reminding others not to cheat.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Swanno said:

Good luck to all on here that are heading south. Have a safe trip and remember to firstly clip on and then think of those at home before you go and do something that you may not come back from

^ and secondly, clip on.

Bets of luck you eclectic lot, we'll all be cheering. 

16 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

Tasman island early  morning of the 28th and will be a glass out in storm bay and the derwent,

That coincides with the transition around midnight ahead of the SW change and the timing of that has remained rock solid now for 24 hours in the ACCESS model. The 60'+ will not want to arrive at Tasman Is too early otherwise they will have a swarm of TP's up their arse.

So I am on Celestial for the race, and looking forward to a really cracking take between the two.

My bets for overall? Somewhere between Teasing Machine or Ichi Ban. 

Current routing has us arriving 4 hrs after the missus, on WOX. About 50 is hrs.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Potter said:

So I am on Celestial for the race, and looking forward to a really cracking take between the two.

My bets for overall? Somewhere between Teasing Machine or Ichi Ban. 

Current routing has us arriving 4 hrs after the missus, on WOX. About 50 is hrs.

Best of luck

I bet Teasing Machine

And If you guys make it just 4 hours behind a canting keel RP 66, then that's awesome

35 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Might get a bit of this after the start but after that it looks like a skinny mini & TP52 race for mine. 

What do folks reckon the TWA is in the above video? 130?

3 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Don't know why it's a bloody question. RRS are pretty clear.

Ditto bullshit about outriggers. Do you really need to consult a higher authority?

Can only think it's people stirring shit and reminding others not to cheat.

Reference? Nothing called out in any of the race documents.

Latest ACCESS model indicates they won't be seeing 20k until later in the afternoon on Wednesday and the transition through the trough off/north of Gabo is now hanging around like a bad smell until late Wed night, so will fuck with a few more boats. Other than that everything else looks steady as a rock.

So effectively, if Ichi Ban finish in working order, they should have the win covered, otherwise the winner will come from Gwello, Celestial, Zen.

Teasing Machine is the unknown, and with a rating lower than an underarm delivery they will have a good chance, but the weight of the yacht could be an issue.

Who knows what will happen in the motor boat division.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Skipper_nz said:

So effectively, if Ichi Ban finish in working order, they should have the win covered, otherwise the winner will come from Gwello, Celestial, Zen.

Teasing Machine is the unknown, and with a rating lower than an underarm delivery they will have a good chance, but the weight of the yacht could be an issue.

Who knows what will happen in the motor boat division.

Teasing Machine would like more wind. The forecast suits the 52's at the moment. Ichi still the boat to beat IMO but we know anything can happen in the Hobart. Getting through the transitions will be crucial and sometimes you need luck. Can't see the Big Indian winning this one even though I'd like them to. Will be interesting to see how BJ goes this forecast suits her the most but Oats with new optimized sails will be hard to beat.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, samc99us said:

Reference? Nothing called out in any of the race documents.

in the briefing this morning.. sail stacking near my start, then struts at around 39:30

Jury has ruled: http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/media/3438755/jury-interpretation-1.pdf

That means none of this:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Live streaming video for the whole race? Where’d you see that

As below. They mention it during the briefing. Did not say if whole race but cameraman / woman will be dropped off WOXI WOX & one other. Doubt they’d do the whole race. Give away too much info. 

1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

Did not say if whole race but cameraman / woman will be dropped off WOXI WOX & one other. Doubt they’d do the whole race. Give away too much info

Livestream the duration of race from Comanche & Infotrack and camera persons as normal ditched outside on WOXI, WOX and Comanche.

2 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

in the briefing this morning.. sail stacking near my start, then struts at around 39:30

Jury has ruled: http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/media/3438755/jury-interpretation-1.pdf

That means none of this:

That means none of that if a spinnaker is flying at the same time? It doesn’t all together ban their use

45 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Not connected to the clew(s), per the ruling. You need to read the ERS definition of 'whisker pole'.

It’s a total cock up. The jury was simply asked to rule on whether a spinnaker could be set at the same time as a jib on a pole. They answered “no”, which has always been the case, but for some reason known to nobody they then added a nonsense sentence about attaching sheets vs clews or failing to meet the definition of a whisker pole  

So the problems are: 

define spinnaker - 75% mid girth? Most big boat A3s are less, certainly the MH0 is less. 

So what is it, if it can’t be defined as a whisker pole because the sheet is lead through the eye? By their own circular reference it must therefore be a spinnaker pole. But typically a spinnaker pole attaches to the brace or tack, not the sheet or clew. 

They should just delete the second sentence of the ruling, it’s jibberish. 

Not to mention the issue of who the fuck asked the stupid question in the first place? 

Chaps, it stands as it is.  3 frontsails OK, as long as none of them is a spinnaker .... yes, the question then becomes, what's one of them spinnaker thangs? And then answer will probably be, anything that isn't a jib; and at the margin, you know where to refer to.

I can't believe, 3rd easy year in a row, although not so easy as last year.  Missing this year for various health reasons, next year therefore promises to be 50 knots from the south for 3 days, always a great prospect in a TP.  Buckets and bilge pumps anyone?

Incidentally, the game will be decided by two things:

1. How wide early - the satphone airtime suppliers will be happy;

2. Where will the 28th change come from?  If from SE (more favoured than not), thence go wide.  If from SW, then wide looks ...ordinary at best.

Not my choice to make this year.

GFS and Euro look to be diverging again, with euro forecasting more higher avg TWS.  They both tend to agree that from hours ~63 to~69 winds are going to be light and fluky. There after pressure is forecast to hold in the low teens for both models, although from radically different directions with GFS forecasting NNE veering to SSE and Euro NNW  backing to SSW! But, at least not a total glass off.  Got to think that the HC race is in Div1. Thank you Capt. Obvious!

Finally, just for grins I ran a routing for the boat I currently crew on.  40' rates about 30sec/hr slower than a J-125. 3 days 9 hours. 

Euro69.JPG

GFS63.JPG

S2Hcomp6fe.JPG

7 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

The whisker pole could be attached to forward mast, and extended to leeward aft of the shrouds per text of RRS. 

do keep up.  Clew vs. sheet is the question.

8 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

So what is it, if it can’t be defined as a whisker pole because the sheet is lead through the eye? By their own circular reference it must therefore be a spinnaker pole. But typically a spinnaker pole attaches to the brace or tack, not the sheet or clew. 

They should just delete the second sentence of the ruling, it’s jibberish. 

Not to mention the issue of who the fuck asked the stupid question in the first place? 

Their wording is a circular, but the ERS is pretty clear.

Definitions:

(i) SPINNAKER POLE
A spar attached to the mast spar to set a spinnaker.
(ii) WHISKER POLE
A spar attached to the mast spar and a headsail clew.

A strut attached to a jib sheet is neither of these (not attached to spinnaker or the clew of a jib).. therefore is illegal.

The ERS doesn't appear to have a definition for a reaching strut as far as everyone understands the use of one - which is stupid.

and I suspect that Scallywag instagram shot above - taken during training off Sydney - is what triggered the question.

The latest forecast final tweaks are favouring those of all over 60'. It shows some pressure returning Wednesday afternoon to the NSW south coast and those bigger boats getting through the trough off Gabo unscathed and maybe a train smash for those behind. The shutdown after midnight Thursday on the Tasmanian SE coast as the change comes though will impact all except the 100' or the 60'+ depending when they arrive at Flinders, but probably not both.

The above indicates the 60'+ is where the handicap money should go.

Have a good Xmas.

• Like 2

When is the last time boats, particularly the 50'+ crowd had to tack between the Heads and Tas?  Seems like it has been all downhill for a few years.

36 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The latest forecast final tweaks are favouring those of all over 60'. It shows some pressure returning Wednesday afternoon to the NSW south coast and those bigger boats getting through the trough off Gabo unscathed and maybe a train smash for those behind. The shutdown after midnight Thursday on the Tasmanian SE coast as the change comes though will impact all except the 100' or the 60'+ depending when they arrive at Flinders, but probably not both.

The above indicates the 60'+ is where the handicap money should go.

Have a good Xmas.

Ichi Ban maybe able to hang onto the sterns of some of the 60's and if she gets through she'll be in the game. 

45 minutes ago, Roleur said:

When is the last time boats, particularly the 50'+ crowd had to tack between the Heads and Tas?  Seems like it has been all downhill for a few years.

2015 was a glamour start then a very rapid change to 25-30 on the nose. Last two races were fast reaching/running. 

On 12/24/2018 at 7:52 AM, Couta said:

Ok Feilberg...you sure are a cocky little unit ......Box reckons he'd be happy to double down on the bet...so now you've got 2 Jugs on with the Voodoo croo! 

Correct.

Couta as I’ve had the pleasure of doing a Hobart with the box head I’d be happy to buy a few jugs to share with that lunatic so no need for a bet there.

As a side though we could have a small wager on how many times someone says “fuckernel boxhead” as he appears naked, with a lifejacket & tether shortly after the sea mark rounding, sweat running down those cheeks and a look of urgency to get to the aft rail. You can only imagine right now but trust me when I say that after you’ve seen and heard semi-digested cured mass produced pork and battery raised force fed foul products with “all the trimmings” exit a human accompanied by and riding on a river of stale beer, red wine and no doubt some amber spirit concoction at somewhere near the speed of sound something inside you is torn between wondering if he’s going to be ok or if he’ll need medication. After several days of this your respect for what is essentially an eating machine will only be reinforced, I won’t dwell too much on the smell as on your yacht it will be travelling at a reasonably slow apparent wind, downwind in a blanket of what could be described as a slow moving depression, (pro tip… get him to put the hatch in as he comes on deck) filling the internals of the yacht with what seems like a permanent stain, spray and wipe purple blend and white vinegar in water will be your only chance to get it out, act quickly don’t delay.

I can’t go on.

Best of luck and see you at the finish

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

Correct.

Couta as I’ve had the pleasure of doing a Hobart with the box head I’d be happy to buy a few jugs to share with that lunatic so no need for a bet there.

As a side though we could have a small wager on how many times someone says “fuckernel boxhead” as he appears naked, with a lifejacket & tether shortly after the sea mark rounding, sweat running down those cheeks and a look of urgency to get to the aft rail. You can only imagine right now but trust me when I say that after you’ve seen and heard semi-digested cured mass produced pork and battery raised force fed foul products with “all the trimmings” exit a human accompanied by and riding on a river of stale beer, red wine and no doubt some amber spirit concoction at somewhere near the speed of sound something inside you is torn between wondering if he’s going to be ok or if he’ll need medication. After several days of this your respect for what is essentially an eating machine will only be reinforced, I won’t dwell too much on the smell as on your yacht it will be travelling at a reasonably slow apparent wind, downwind in a blanket of what could be described as a slow moving depression, (pro tip… get him to put the hatch in as he comes on deck) filling the internals of the yacht with what seems like a permanent stain, spray and wipe purple blend and white vinegar in water will be your only chance to get it out, act quickly don’t delay.

I can’t go on.

Ta Feilberg...and safe sailing! As for Box...well we've done over 4000miles together, so it's fair to say that you've understated the scenario....the semi-solution as you point out - is that he's banned from any down below ablutions....under any circumstances. The upside is obvious...the downside is that it leaves a permanent scar on the psychie of the deck watch as he hangs precariously over the transom...as you've described. "Eyes Forward" is the only warning ya get!! 

1 minute ago, Couta said:

Ta Feilberg...and safe sailing! As for Box...well we've done over 4000miles together, so it's fair to say that you've understated the scenario....the semi-solution is that he's banned from down below ablutions. The upside is obvious...the downside is that it leaves a permanent scar on the psychie of the deck watch as he hangs precariously over the transom...naked. "Eyes Forward" is the only warning ya get!! 

You should employ the deck towel as a "dignity curtain" 

It leaves a permanent scar

48 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

Correct.

I can’t go on.

You might be a cunt!

But that is fucking funny.  Who wrote it? :P

God I love this place   :lol:

What the fork?  http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/media/3438758/rolex-syd-hobart-2018-jury-notice-no-2.pdf

Whilst we consider the paragraph removed from the previous interpretation in Jury
Notice No 1 is technically correct under the current rules, we have ascertained it may
have had unintended consequences for Competitors in this race and is therefore
withdrawn. The relevant rules are open to differing interpretation and currently under
consideration by World Sailing,

so - the initial ruling was (technically) correct, but we don't mind if you break the rules in this race ?

I guess the argument is the RRS overrides the ERS?

4 hours ago, overlay said:

No , too busy brushing "gel" through his recently dyed hair.

Just when you think the VOR finally created a new Witty and a team you would really like to get behind, he drags his old helmet out of the closet. Feel a bit sorry for Beck/InfoTrack, the bodies he has put on board are second to none for a bone breaker.