Sydney To Hobart 2018

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK...so I've nearly sobered up... and want to say a few things to the SA team that have followed the Voodoo story. Firstly  - Thank you for your support and input! From the outset I've put though

I was on shore for my live interview show, and then live with the ABC Grandstand radio for the start.  Channel 7 has full rights to all live vision - so there was really no point going on the wat

I have received dozen emails/private messages about my tracker for this year. I have updated to new Windy version and I hope it will work on boxing day https://gis.ee/sh/

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

While you on the other hand would be clambering as hard as you could to get on the Palm Beach and suck the owners cock and say thank you for not keeping clear no doubt.

Oh, I’m sorry - were you speaking? All I heard was “ blah blah another Wild Oats fanboy blah blah.”

• Like 1
Just now, blunderfull said:

Can’t find her & tracker not working.   Shows positions but click on boat & no info pops up?

Are you looking at it on PC or tablet? If PC just hover your mouse over the boat and the info displays in the top bar, not sure about mobile devices, haven't looked there yet.

Just now, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Are you looking at it on PC or tablet? If PC just hover your mouse over the boat and the info displays in the top bar, not sure about mobile devices, haven't looked there yet.

Was expecting it to appear over boat.   Going to Windy now.   

Just now, samc99us said:

The current speed delta between Comanche at 24kts, Infotrack/WOXI at 20kts, BJ at 18kts and the 50-60 footers in the 13-15kt range is impressive, go the big Indian!

Info got dusted by Indian.   They should be fast too but not right now.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:19 AM, forss said:

I have received dozen emails/private messages about my tracker for this year.

I have updated to new Windy version and I hope it will work on boxing day :)

https://gis.ee/sh/

Thank-you Squire .

and who the fok is this kenny dumass .

Comanmche already has a mile over WOX1!!  Add that to the 1/4 mile head start at the last turning mark and that basically equates to a knot faster.  

With the breeze increasing as the arvo goes on, the Indian could have 15-20 miles on WOX1 by dark!!

17 minutes ago, overlay said:

Wild Oats is the slowest of the BIG 5 currently.

30 minutes ago, samc99us said:

The current speed delta between Comanche at 24kts, Infotrack/WOXI at 20kts, BJ at 18kts and the 50-60 footers in the 13-15kt range is impressive, go the big Indian!

They are only spot SOG's taken at tracker update interval. The delta to Comanche using time and distance is BJ 2.4k and WOXI 1.8k. 

33 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Black Jack actually, doesn't make MR's observation any less valid.

Valid or not, when my customers do something that annoys me I don’t refer to them as my “fucking customers.” And if I happened to have a TV camera perched on my shoulder as part of a national telecast, I absolutely would not be smack talking them.

1 hour ago, twistandtape said:

Ricko choking harder than the sails on WOXI

Screams at his trimmer "get the jib on,get the jib" on while a voice in the background says "you need to come away". He comes away. Knob

Owned by BJ again.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Screams at his trimmer "get the jib on,get the jib" on while a voice in the background says "you need to come away". He comes away. Knob

Owned by BJ again.

That was the quote of the day for me.

23 minutes ago, paps49 said:

In a dead heat for 5th.

I understand IT go slows but BJ is hard to fathom other than the inside line not working for them. Alive further back have the same inside line and speed issue compared to WOX further out is maybe a hint. Both seem to think the breeze may back a bit soon?

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

They don't update exactly at the same time. Wait a bit until after the 10 min interval.

Yes I think Comanche around 4 miles ahead and that makes sense last report doing 28 Knots of boat speed. Most the others are putting out 20-23 Knots thereabouts. Waiting for official line honours report so we can see where the mid size boats are in relation to each other

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

If land observations of TWS are a reasonable guide there is 10kts more at Jervis Bay around an hour away than they have now have off Kiama.

Yeah and Comanche and Info will be wanting to milk this while they can. Scally doing ok hanging in there although she should be with the mods. Ichi Ban look good early surfing at 19-20 Knots

12 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Yes I think Comanche around 4 miles ahead and that makes sense last report doing 28 Knots of boat speed. 

Yeah I think I ignored my own suggestion. She is however sailing around 15 degrees higher than the other 4 which sort of goes contry to their claims of finding more speed at bigger angles? Or they have picked a different doorway through the transition.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yeah I think I ignored my own suggestion. She is however sailing around 15 degrees higher than the other 4 which sort of goes contry to their claims of finding more speed at bigger angles? Or they have picked a different doorway through the transition.

Possibly the later Jack as they are doing 28 Knots, surely could come down a little with that.? I couldn't see the forecasts further offshore prior to this so I'm only assuming that's the plan?Privateer doing quite well only 1 mile behind IB

1 minute ago, thetruth said:

One of the most important things WOXI1 has over BJ (aside from the massive changes in canoe body) is that she is one of only 2 yachts in the world to have a tungsten bulb.From memory a 20-25% reduction in area vs a similar lead bulb

I thought it was spent Uranium...:)

3 minutes ago, thetruth said:

One of the most important things WOXI1 has over BJ (aside from the massive changes in canoe body) is that she is one of only 2 yachts in the world to have a tungsten bulb.From memory a 20-25% reduction in area vs a similar lead bulb

Not true

BJ still has the Tungsten Bulb - and have worked very hard not to lose it.

WO was not allowed to keep theirs - too much hull chaanges (by percentage) so back to ol' Lead bulb

7 minutes ago, thetruth said:

BJ is the one with the Tungsten bulb!

7 minutes ago, mezaire said:

Teasing Machine disappointing....being beaten by Patrice.  6ft shorter and 8 year older tech

Yes for sure. They should be enjoying these conditions. Give the light transitions they are out of contention I would think. Envy Scooters doing well, the old Ichi Ban

23 minutes ago, paps49 said:

5 kn SEester off Bermagui waiting for them ATM.

21 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Ouch...! I'm tipping the Big Indian knows that and heading offshore chasing the AIR ...

The forecast shows the first hole now firming around Bermagui which is consistent with that observation but shinking south overnite. However Unadulla where they are now has TWS barely breaking into the teens so there is obviously a lot more breeze offshore. The leaders may or may not overrun it and hit the glue. This where the 60's need to pull their finger out and break that piece of string tieing them to the 50's.