Sydney To Hobart 2018

53 minutes ago, richiec said:

What can Alive see on the inside that others cannot. The Forss tracker (overlaying Windy) shows a bit more pressure in there. But for how long...

They have been coming out since the Gong and managed to maintain 60's club top dog but only by a whisker. They are have only put between 5 and 10 mile on the 50's club. All the 60's have been disappointing so far in conditions right up their ally. If they don't get a wriggle on and get enough seperation to skedaddle the transition tonight, their race might be over before Gabo.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK...so I've nearly sobered up... and want to say a few things to the SA team that have followed the Voodoo story. Firstly  - Thank you for your support and input! From the outset I've put though

I was on shore for my live interview show, and then live with the ABC Grandstand radio for the start.  Channel 7 has full rights to all live vision - so there was really no point going on the wat

I have received dozen emails/private messages about my tracker for this year. I have updated to new Windy version and I hope it will work on boxing day https://gis.ee/sh/

Posted Images

Scallywag seems to have a lot of issues gear and crew wise and thus results wise . 

have to feel sorry for Lee Seng Huang the tyro Skipper  who has blown a heap of $$ on the Volvo campaign and now his 3rd attempt at Hobart

be interesting to see who takes the fall for this one !!! 

Oats sailing the deepest. That being said it looks like more pressure where Comanche is headed when they reach the transition. Looks like plenty of pressure on the other side so the Big Indian needs to get through the glue as quickly as possible. 

3 minutes ago, barfly said:

Scallywag seems to have a lot of issues gear and crew wise and thus results wise . 

have to feel sorry for Lee Seng Huang the tyro Skipper  who has blown a heap of $$ on the Volvo campaign and now his 3rd attempt at Hobart

Agree & to amplify, although he's a bit of a tosser I feel bad for the skip, after what transpired in the VOR I think he could have used a bit of a lift.

14 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Oats sailing the deepest. That being said it looks like more pressure where Comanche is headed when they reach the transition.

13 minutes ago, barfly said:

yes commanche needs to be carefull out wide 

The forecast since the weekend has favoured a easterly position to hurdle the transition and deal with what's on the other side. I don't think Oats and BJ have a choice but use their larger angles today and shorten the miles. To take Comanche and InfoTrack on in a drag race today they would be arguably worse off.

4 minutes ago, paps49 said:

I've definitely had too many prawns with funny coriander, will check in in the AM.

Yeah I think I'll check out at the top of the hour, (technically boxing day here) I kind of want to visit my union hall & drop a nice check I got from my in laws at the bank (a life saver), then line up a deal to get my broken furnace up & running.

27 minutes ago, barfly said:

Witty, fucking Witty,

WTF does he really want to do?  VOR? Hobart?  Get pissed?

Seems this shot cant go on.

2 minutes ago, inebriated said:

fuck yeah, oats in the lead!!

and going faster than comanche

still the light air left for the boys to extend on the fat fucks

Spot on mate, Comanche is only going 34 knots right now. WOXI will be reeling her in for sure!

• Like 1
Just now, ASP said:

Spot on mate, Comanche is only going 34 knots right now. WOXI will be reeling her in for sure!

tracker didn't update, my bad

that being said oats is still gonna beat comanche to the line, just like last race and every other race where the two have finished

• Downvote 1
Just now, jack_sparrow said:

WOXI have failed 3 years in a row, are suggesting the old king now enjoys better luck for race #4?

lets look back

2017-was the fastest ever to head south, beating your golden boy, which is how many years newer??

2015, 2016- broke some shit

2014-2005 - fucking dynasty

suck my ass, the GOAT will reign supreme

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, inebriated said:

lets look back

2017-was the fastest ever to head south, beating your golden boy, which is how many years newer??

2015, 2016- broke some shit

2014-2005 - fucking dynasty

suck my ass, the GOAT will reign supreme

Is that written on your collection of WOXI beer stubby holders so you keep the faith? 

42 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The forecast since the weekend has favoured a easterly position to hurdle the transition and deal with what's on the other side. I don't think Oats and BJ have a choice but use their larger angles today and shorten the miles. To take Comanche and InfoTrack on in a drag race today they would be arguably worse off.

Comanche sailed 50+miles more last year......

13 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Comanche now 85 miles ahead of Gun Runner.. So thats what $15 Million vs $50k buys you..

does 15million also buy you only one race win???? SMH

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Is that written on your collection of WOXI beer stubby holders so you keep the faith? 

just because i'm not a bandwagoner that jumps ship every time a new boat comes out just because thats the one i think is the most likley to win the race.

keep aligning with the newest boat just because you don't like seeing true champions FLY

12 minutes ago, mfluder said:

If Oats wins this, it will be the 3rd time she's beaten the Indian to Hobart.

It's a light air story.  Both have achilles heels and Hobart is often a race where  a light air performance makes the difference.  Given the forecast off Tassie in a day or so I know what sorta boat I'd want to be on.

6 minutes ago, inebriated said:

keep aligning with the newest boat just because you don't like seeing true champions FLY

You need to correct that if you have read my posts upthread about my scepticism on the Indians supposed new found light/medium VMG running capapability. 

7 minutes ago, inebriated said:

does 15million also buy you only one race win???? SMH

just because i'm not a bandwagoner that jumps ship every time a new boat comes out just because thats the one i think is the most likley to win the race.

Ha Ha whatever that means? Don't think anybody here aligns with the new boats. You just aren't around long enough to read the form guide on these forums. Oats get all the accolades they deserve here. There all Australian boats now which is great no matter who wins. So far from what I am seeing though in the 100 class it's Oats and Comanche that own the ends of the spectrum. You are like the dog next door to me, it just won't stop barking at farking nothing.!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

What significant sailing achievement has MR done aside from helm woxi? 

fucking win the sydney to hobart 9 times??!!!

thats all you need 

plus what TRT said

4 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Ha Ha whatever that means? Don't think anybody here aligns with the new boats. You just aren't around long enough to read the form guide on these forums. Oats get all the accolades they deserve here. There all Australian boats now which is great no matter who wins. So far from what I am seeing though in the 100 class it's Oats and Comanche that own the ends of the spectrum. You are like the dog next door to me, it just won't stop barking at farking nothing.!

i don't give a fuak what i am to you, i speak the truth

same comanche dick suckerey was going on back when it was american owned

16 minutes ago, inebriated said:

who are you going for then?

To save your inebriated fingers from going upthread.

Since the forecast of last weekend which has remained rock solid ever since except for some tweaks like today the TWS for this run down the coast dropping then coming back exactly as shown today, WOXI and BJ is where the money should be for LH. As for the answer to whether the Indian can go downhill at 140+ TWA in the light/med stuff I remain unconvinced despite many learnered people here aligning with that being the owners view. We will find that out tomorrow I suggest. If correct it upsets the apple cart.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, despacio avenue said:

I thought InfoTrack was supposed to have on board live cameras for viewers.

Anyone know how to access them? 

7plus.com.au. but InfoTrack feed replaced by Gordon Ramsey's kitchen disasters.

@SCANAS on Trumpcard have been leading Div IV most of the afternoon. I sure hope they didn't take any piss as they need to work their rings our tonight taking advantage of having a decent breeze during the compression upfront.

Voodoo and @Couta and the other 60's have finally broken the 50' piece of string hanging out the back. Langman on Naval is an exception where the 50' Privateer on top in Div 0 is driving him and the 50'+ Club fuckin crazy. Of all the 60's Alive's position courtesy of Wouter going inside early may pay the biggest dividend. Bit of a mini-me course to her two bigger RP siblings upfront doing the same thing with arguably the two best Navigators for this race on board, Juan and Tom. 60's need to shorten the 100' piece of string upfront tonight/early tomorrow to be in contention.

Ichi and Hollywood joined at the hip looking very solid. How they get through tonite and early tomorrow may be a 50' Club decider.

Just got back from the course 

great day

as mentioned here, I am still surprised how much higher Comanche’s bow rides than the other 4

also it’s only a matter of time until a spectator gets hurt out there in the slop.

bad luck for the scallywag crew

i see we have a new tosser on here.. inebriated and one of our old favs Randumb.... welcome .. not

• Like 2

And so it begins.! Already we see Oats sailing the course whilst the Indian heads out to sea sideways chasing the air. Mind games. Skeds will be pin drop material amongst the front runners. This is where the mid size boats can follow and gain or place their own bets.

Lucky sailing Anarchy bastards in the northern hemisphere (east of us) get to watch the fleet struggle in light airs at night whilst we push up zzs

My prediction is that the tennis court will struggle at 3- 9 am our time and woxi and black jack will be back in it. 

50s and 60s won’t be waterlined by them and one will hold  handicap lead.

12 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Inshore boats making their move. The two fat girls have slowed right down.

Inshore to offshore might involve two transitions both short versus one longer one plus TWD/TWS on the other side. Impossible to tell relying on just coastal observations up ahead. This is where a Navigator with serious met skills earns his money.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

You obviously don't know of my poster disposal history. Randumb has been reduced to nearly human.

should i be scared? hahaha

i'm just taking the piss, enjoying the sailing going on though and learning from these posts like the rest of us

1 hour ago, Woodsies Troppo said:

We went out in Ocean Tracker run by Sydney Fast Ferry’s. Brilliant way to chase them down the coast a must for the bucket list 

021A3BCD-9C94-4B62-B7F7-AFB10E5315A9.jpeg

Reaching strut, whisker pole, or anti-gravity ballast on the lee side?

9 minutes ago, ALL@SEA said:

Reaching strut, whisker pole, or anti-gravity ballast on the lee side?

Not sure it achieves much if you don't run a sheet thru it...

16 minutes ago, inebriated said:

are you making empty threats?

I'm more interested in the race and as you should be. What ever transpires from your posts is called consequences. This is a highly recommended approach but with less piss.

19 minutes ago, inebriated said:

i'm just taking the piss, enjoying the sailing going on though and learning from these posts like the rest of us

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I'm more interested in the race and as you should be. What ever transpires from your posts is called consequences. This is a highly recommended approach but with less piss.

sounds good to me then, happy spectating

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, euro said:

7plus.com.au. but InfoTrack feed replaced by Gordon Ramsey's kitchen disasters.

That's what I feared...:angry:. I am not happy with the RolexSydneyHobart web site tracker either. I have been playing catch up for the past several hours, watching the start on replay, etc. because we were celebrating Christmas here and I couldn't get away with watching the race live.  Not that surprised Witty is out but didn't expect it to be so soon. Not a good year for he and the boys and the boss. 

17 minutes ago, bayboy said:

Anyone banking on Oats and BJ taking the course close to Gabo island

The consolidation favoured BJ so far only 3 miles behind Oats. I think they were nearly 10 miles behind at some stage. 

Shar