Sydney To Hobart 2018

45 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes Harburg did and he bitched first in the line that bitched. Butters had the best whine tone though.

I didn’t see that. Just butters & Bradford’s retraction interview with Sailorgirl. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK...so I've nearly sobered up... and want to say a few things to the SA team that have followed the Voodoo story. Firstly  - Thank you for your support and input! From the outset I've put though

I was on shore for my live interview show, and then live with the ABC Grandstand radio for the start.  Channel 7 has full rights to all live vision - so there was really no point going on the wat

I have received dozen emails/private messages about my tracker for this year. I have updated to new Windy version and I hope it will work on boxing day https://gis.ee/sh/

Posted Images

21 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Some pretty nicely edited footage of the boat you were on

SCANAS...there's no footage that I can see on the link you posted....you've got to remember we're not from Sydney and CYCA, so unless you win LH or Tatts, you're just fleeting background for context...

1 minute ago, Couta said:

SCANAS...there's no footage that I can see on the link you posted....you've got to remember we're not from Sydney and CYCA, so unless you win LH or Tatts, you're just fleeting background for context...

Wow bitter tears. 

Mate you sailed a good race be happy. One day it will all be about you. If you win.

You're becoming high maintenance 

26 minutes ago, Couta said:

No footage of us either, but I’ll just show Mum & Dad one of those yachts & tell them it was us, they’ll be thrilled. 

1 hour ago, Feilberg said:

You're becoming high maintenance

...and you are someone who never paid his bets....but then, I couldn't hang around that long to wait for you!  

Filbert, you came here , talked yourself up and everyone else down... I called you out....and you crumpled. So, go ahead ...call me what you like...but you've shown us all what you are made of...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Couta said:

...and you are someone who never paid his bets....but then, I couldn't hang around that long to wait for you!  

Filbert, you came here , talked yourself up and everyone else down... I called you out....and you crumpled. So, go ahead ...call me what you like...but you've shown us all what you are made of...

Lol says the guy that thinks he's been hard done by the media because he's not been made a hero for getting 3rd.

Fair play to u as you were 1 or 2 that took up a bet. Shame your representative little box head happened to throw up your jug at the a velocity that spray painted the inside of a tp52, completely but that's not your responsibility as u left little box posted at the customs alone.

Now if you'd had the stamina to hang around long enough to collect like little box head then I'd happily of handed the jug of black death to you but you must have worn yourself out double strapping that rolex bag to the pub and had to get home before u turned pumkin.

If i see any footage of you blokes I'll be sure to post a link.

Have a great day!

10 hours ago, Feilberg said:

Lol says the guy that thinks he's been hard done by the media because he's not been made a hero for getting 3rd.

Fair play to u as you were 1 or 2 that took up a bet. Shame your representative little box head happened to throw up your jug at the a velocity that spray painted the inside of a tp52, completely but that's not your responsibility as u left little box posted at the customs alone.

Now if you'd had the stamina to hang around long enough to collect like little box head then I'd happily of handed the jug of black death to you but you must have worn yourself out double strapping that rolex bag to the pub and had to get home before u turned pumkin.

If i see any footage of you blokes I'll be sure to post a link.

Have a great day!

Fuck! And I thought I could act like a dick on here sometimes! 

• Like 3
On 1/9/2019 at 9:24 PM, hoppy said:

Seems strange they never rounded up and went straight to 100.

back in the IOR days I recall there was always interest in the pocket maxis as well as the maxis. I recall being a fan of the pockets but can’t remember any names of them. Freight Train or similar rings a bell.

Just goy back from the delivery 2 days ago, and it has taken me this long  to make the bottom of the thread,  slow reader or do I have a life?

As for the pocket maxis,  I thought you might have been old enough to remember them.

Freight Train had a sister Bewinched ( Frers 62), there was also the original Brindabella (Farr 65) and then you move on to the more Maxi chaser (down wind flyers),the Adams Helsals & the Office, And the Elliotts like Rager & Future Shock with my personal fav Amazon from Steinman.

I sailed most of these with the notable exception of Amazon & the most of the Helsals so I know them,  I'm sure there will be others a post Hobart brain will have missed.

As for the race from a back markers point of view (hard to think of a 50 as a back marker but now hays that's life),  a lovely down wind slide with a bit of light stuff off Flinders before it came back & then just enough on the nose (from Maria) just strong enough to slow the light weights down & let us through before Tasman.  So a good result for a 16 ton cruiser (X50).  A win in PHS,  OK it's only the hit and giggle division but it's all we were in!

TUBBY

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, TUBBY said:

Freight Train had a sister Bewinched ( Frers 62), there was also the original Brindabella (Farr 65) and then you move on to the more Maxi chaser (down wind flyers),the Adams Helsals & the Office, And the Elliotts like Rager & Future Shock with my personal fav Amazon from Steinman.

I Always love Amazon and the Elliotts (own an Elliott 7 now). Would Exile have been the last of the pocket maxis that was a real threat?

15 minutes ago, ALL@SEA said:

I Always love Amazon and the Elliotts (own an Elliott 7 now). Would Exile have been the last of the pocket maxis that was a real threat?

No that would probably be Alive that won this year, but as far as a LH threat to the maxi's, Zena/AATP gave them a hurry up only a decade ago.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Elle Macpherson chartered a maxi?? 

Hi Tricky, 

pocket maxi, from memory a 60 something? Flat deck, grinders everywhere.

Edit: I hope like fuck it wasn’t just a fantasy, that would be worrisome.

• Like 2
On 1/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, DickDastardly said:

Fastnet is operating in a way bigger market and it's not an annual race so plenty of pent up demand and time to raise budgets facilitates entries.

And the idea that ocean racing isn't elitist at pretty much every level is laughable, Rolex or not.  Turning media and public attention away from 100 footers to say TP52s is hardly a move to sell the sport by showcasing the little Aussie battler.  Imagine what the Ichi Ban, Celestial, Zen or even Voodoo budgets were to do the race...  Even a 40 footer costs many tens of thousands to campaign in this event.  When did we last see any significant 6ksb participation in Sydney-Hobart?  Long gone.

The fact that the Fastnet is biannual doesn't explain why it's now bigger than it has ever been, while the Hobart is now almost exactly 2/3 as big as it was. Sure, '98 didn't help but neither did '79 Fastnet.  And it's not as if the problem with Australian offshore racing is restricted to the Hobart - look at the RPA's race north which is now down to about 10% of what it was.

The other factor is that looking at the Fastnet fleet and a historical comparison with earlier Hobarts shows quite clearly the drop in Hobart (and RPA race) numbers is due to the collapse in the 40 foot and under sized boats, and yet that issue appears to be completely ignored. How do the leaders of the sport intend to fix this, or to fix the sport at all/

The sport is in real trouble in Australia, and a major part of the problem is probably the mentality of people who don't own a boat slagging off "6 kt SBs". Why the fuck would someone get into a sport full of people who would insult someone for daring to spend only tens of thousands to give people a sail, instead of spending a few hundred k?  

The funny thing is that if boat owners behaved in such a snobbish fashion, for example by publicly calling their crew "bludgers" because they expected the owner to pay for their fun, people would get their knickers in a twist. No wonder so many owners have walked away from the sport, shaking their head in wonder at the attitudes on display.

I did hear that Tom Slingsby was doing a clinic for young sailors on the harbour when one of the crew called a passing boat a "shitbox'. Tom apparently said that someone loved that boat and if the kid said it again, he'd be put off. Great stuff.

• Like 1
On 1/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Feilberg said:

What you don't realise is the cyca absolutely understand the bulk of the fleet is your not the maxis it the other 75 boats, everyone knows it that competes or is involved in the race. 

Sure over the years that bulk mid fleet yacht has got bigger and more expensive thats life.

The only people making it all about the maxis is the media.

What did you expect?

It didn't feel like they understood it when I last did the race, and others who have done it on small boats more recently say they also get the feeling that small boats are not really wanted.

The CYCA can do something about it. I never realised until recently how much they used to do for smaller boats. They used to encourage JOG -then they dumped all boats under 30ft. They used to encourage half tonners, with a special committee to promote them, a half ton division and fund raising to send a boat to the worlds (which was probably Foxy Lady, which won it). They recently put up old Offshores on their site and they showed that the half tonners and JOGs made up half the fleet in the mid '70s. In the mid '80s, the fleet averaged 150 boats. Obviously it was not all because of the CYCA's accent on small boats, but they were encouraged and did make up most of the fleet. 

1 hour ago, ALL@SEA said:

We lost a lot of the pocket maxi concept when they went from a rating limit to LOA limit. You used to have contests between big, heavier, powerful conventional maxis and smaller, lighter and more radical boats that also rated close to maxi under IOR, IMS or the IRC 1.600 limit that was used around 2000. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Hi Tricky, 

There was an all woman crew in the 96 Hobart racing an old Whitbread 60 called Elle Racing   That’s all I can think it might be...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

No that would probably be Alive that won this year, but as far as a LH threat to the maxi's, Zena/AATP gave them a hurry up only a decade ago.

Grundig/Xena/AAPT was another boat that gets the heart racing thinking back, but I'd never thought of her as a pocket maxi, she was always a "skiff on steriods" ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Can anyone remember the real boat name of the pocket Maxi Elle McPherson once chartered for the Hobart?

Even if she did it again next year she still wouldn't get any age allowance.

Image result for elle macpherson now

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

There was an all woman crew in the 96 Hobart racing an old Whitbread 60 called Elle Racing   That’s all I can think it might be...

To the best of my knowledge,  that was meant to be a precursor to a full Whitbread campaign,  and Elle was having a new 60 built. I don't know why the whole never went ahead,  probably $. But the hull of the new boat was bought,  had the fretboard reduced, and a meter of beam added to turn it into an open 60 for the BOC or VDG. Again,  funds dried up, and she was sold to become a n express cruiser- Gusto 1

20181216_165139.jpg

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Poor old Fright train is now in the euro trash transport industry up in Jurassic park.

Another bedbug incubation platform.

Image result for sailing yacht friegt train

Proving that old Maxis never die they just go to the Whitsundays; their racing successes to be celebrated by a fading sandwich board outside some backpacker’s bar

4 minutes ago, ALL@SEA said:

To the best of my knowledge,  that was meant to be a precursor to a full Whitbread campaign,  and Elle was having a new 60 built. I don't know why the whole never went ahead,  probably $. But the hull of the new boat was bought,  had the fretboard reduced, and a meter of beam added to turn it into an open 60 for the BOC or VDG. Again,  funds dried up, and she was sold to become a n express cruiser- Gusto 1

20181216_165139.jpg

The big question for shaggybaxter being whether it was Elle Macpherson’s money...

• Like 1

Thanks gents, that was the girl I was thinking of. 

I was a year out, I thought it was 1997. I remember getting absolutely smashed on the delivery back, and amongst the fantasies of a chopper coming to get me off this godforsaken chunk of flotsam was one where it was Elle flying the chopper.

Its amazing what hours on the rail can do to one's pysche.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, ALL@SEA said:

But the hull of the new boat was bought,  had the fretboard reduced, and a meter of beam added to turn it into an open 60 for the BOC or VDG.

That involved slicing hull in half longitudinaly end to end. Lot of trouble to go to produce a heavy frankenboat.  

• Like 1

We can’t forget the old Hammer of Queensland, Innkeeper and the old Bobsled now call White bird. 

For years these boats were always snapping at The heals of the maxi’s and were all way ahead of their time in in design and speed. 

And im shore that there are many other Boat as well 

pulpit

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Curious said:

The fact that the Fastnet is biannual doesn't explain why it's now bigger than it has ever been, while the Hobart is now almost exactly 2/3 as big as it was. Sure, '98 didn't help but neither did '79 Fastnet.  And it's not as if the problem with Australian offshore racing is restricted to the Hobart - look at the RPA's race north which is now down to about 10% of what it was.

The other factor is that looking at the Fastnet fleet and a historical comparison with earlier Hobarts shows quite clearly the drop in Hobart (and RPA race) numbers is due to the collapse in the 40 foot and under sized boats, and yet that issue appears to be completely ignored. How do the leaders of the sport intend to fix this, or to fix the sport at all/

The sport is in real trouble in Australia, and a major part of the problem is probably the mentality of people who don't own a boat slagging off "6 kt SBs". Why the fuck would someone get into a sport full of people who would insult someone for daring to spend only tens of thousands to give people a sail, instead of spending a few hundred k?  

The funny thing is that if boat owners behaved in such a snobbish fashion, for example by publicly calling their crew "bludgers" because they expected the owner to pay for their fun, people would get their knickers in a twist. No wonder so many owners have walked away from the sport, shaking their head in wonder at the attitudes on display.

I did hear that Tom Slingsby was doing a clinic for young sailors on the harbour when one of the crew called a passing boat a "shitbox'. Tom apparently said that someone loved that boat and if the kid said it again, he'd be put off. Great stuff.

Well put.  I'd love to think that Slingsby comment is true.

1 hour ago, ALL@SEA said:

20181216_165139.jpg

The legendary / notorious John Biddlecomb did it.  IIRC it was originally a Farr designed Whitbread 60 hull shell built at a serious boatbuilder, maybe McConaghy for an "Elle Racing" syndicate which didn't end up eventuating or died along the way.  Biddles bought it for peanuts then did the mods.

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Apart from it being Biannual, the race is a Cat 2 race which makes considerably cheaper and more attractive to the lesser prepared boats.  It is interesting that RORC do not do position scheds for the race and monitoring the fleet is done firstly by tracker and then by AIS.  Quite a different attitude compared to Aus.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, DickDastardly said:

Surprisingly good ideas can come from unexpected directions sometimes.

And think how motivated everyone would then be to keep their AIS transmitters operating as the maxis thunder through the smaller boat fleet...

A stern chaser would be interesting as it might mean a good part of the fleet would arrive at Tasman light in the same weather window and a race restart that gives smaller boats a chance at the win

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Apart from it being Biannual, the race is a Cat 2 race which makes considerably cheaper and more attractive to the lesser prepared boats. It is interesting that RORC do not do position scheds for the race and monitoring the fleet is done firstly by tracker and then by AIS.  Quite a different attitude compared to Aus.

That is because they are very different race environments, noting bugger all difference in cost between Cat 1 and 2.

Fasnet is Cat 2, a there and back race so no HF, have a very good VHF network, good RNLI and other dedicated rescue resources. Also lot of commercial vessesl to call upon to assist.

S2H Cat 1 end to end race and a fraction of those resources. Voice scheds are mandatory in 2S2H because Cat 1 inclusive of HF but RC allows the old voice only HF and doesn't insist upon digital GMDSS/DSC HF. This translates into voice scheds and mandatory Green Cape call up.

7 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

A stern chaser would be interesting as it might mean a good part of the fleet would arrive at Tasman light in the same weather window and a race restart that gives smaller boats a chance at the win

Wonder how many whack jobs will now chime in saying the finish should be at Tasman Is.

42 minutes ago, Next Level said:

What about the old Marchioness... wasn’t she a pocket maxi too? 70ft maybe??

Another Whitsundays brothel - renamed Broomstick after a ferry disaster in europe IIRC. She was always designed for the charter market to give her resale value post racing.... having worked on her, I can say she performed as a charter boat better then most... also had the worst bed bug infestation I have ever experienced - those creatures would survive Chernobyl!

Hammer was another favourite...

I know its a bit sad seeing them fall from from their former glory, but at least they're still being sailed, which is more than a lot of IOR/IMS former warhorses can dream of.

43 minutes ago, ALL@SEA said:

Another Whitsundays brothel - renamed Broomstick after a ferry disaster in europe IIRC. She was always designed for the charter market to give her resale value post racing.... having worked on her, I can say she performed as a charter boat better then most... also had the worst bed bug infestation I have ever experienced - those creatures would survive Chernobyl!

Hammer was another favourite...

I know its a bit sad seeing them fall from from their former glory, but at least they're still being sailed, which is more than a lot of IOR/IMS former warhorses can dream of.

I agree. Condor still looks great and Rags was well looked after when George was skippering her. Was great to see her back as Bummblebee IX in the Gladstone race this year. We had a great tussle with her going up the island in 30 knots and she looked great fighting it out with us on a Kerr 36 :) Her AIS wasn't working though.

We thought about calling a press conference, having a sook and asking Nigel to protest them for us, but we decided just to go to the bar and a few beers and a steak with them instead.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Nah, too hard to organise the start. Instead, the 100 footers should do two laps; Sydney-Iron Pot - Sow and Pigs-Hobart. Canting 70-80 footers can go Sydney-Iron Pot-Montague-Hobart. Fixed keelers do the usual course.:-)

• Like 1

I have been thinking of a unofficial cruise from Balmoral Beach to the D’Entrecasteau Channel, starting on Christmas Eve.

Turn up at Bathers at 10am, Lemans start from the beach in dinghies at a mutually agreeable time, allowing for coffee and croissants of course.

Finish at the Woodbridge pub at Peppermint Bay, first boat in has to shout the bar..

Much more in the tradition of the original S2H than the current race, not organised by any club or anything like that, just a bunch of sailors turning up for a cruise..

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Curious said:

Nah, too hard to organise the start. Instead, the 100 footers should do two laps; Sydney-Iron Pot - Sow and Pigs-Hobart. Canting 70-80 footers can go Sydney-Iron Pot-Montague-Hobart. Fixed keelers do the usual course.:-)

Or set a series of turning marks extending out in a line East and West across Bass Strait. Your choice which direction. IRC rating determines which mark you need to get out to.

The main fleet get the nearest but it's a CYCA buoy with a donation bucket for the Pro retirement fund, the 50's get a coffee boat, the 60's get a coffee boat with irish whisky, the 70-80's get a gin palace loaded with fans, hookers and blow and the 100's get a buoy with a erasable whiteboard and a sharpie on a lanyard, as we all know that their electronics gear:

-are not at their best in the morning

-need someone to to check on them regularly,

-insist they have books written about them 

-insist said books are carried on board.

-are known to sulk petulantly and ignore repeated pleas to respond in a proper manner

-throw the worlds biggest tanty whenever the paparazzi come to visit

-transform into the Prom Queen and act perfectly normally at Constitution Dock for the fans.

The Sydney to Hobart Inaugural Pursuit race.

What do I win??

• Like 1
On 1/10/2019 at 5:23 AM, LB 15 said:

That is true. Apollo, Bumblebee, Kialoa, Nivana, Windward passage, Ballyhoo, The Condors, the Biggest boats have always got the headlines. The press have always given them the lions share of the attention. Throw in a story about the smallest battler in the fleet, Syd doing his 243rd race and some hot chick doing her first race and that was the coverage. Apparently the general public have never been interested in a well sailed mid fleet boat. 

Strange attitude from someone who earns a living teaching people how to sail.....negative spiral?

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

That is because they are very different race environments, noting bugger all difference in cost between Cat 1 and 2.

Fasnet is Cat 2, a there and back race so no HF, have a very good VHF network, good RNLI and other dedicated rescue resources. Also lot of commercial vessesl to call upon to assist.

S2H Cat 1 end to end race and a fraction of those resources. Voice scheds are mandatory in 2S2H because Cat 1 inclusive of HF but RC allows the old voice only HF and doesn't insist upon digital GMDSS/DSC HF. This translates into voice scheds and mandatory Green Cape call up.

Always keen to stay at the forefront of comms technology, I hear the CYCA are reconsidering allowing the use of carrier pigeons as was the case in the first few Sydney to Hobart races.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Trickypig said:

That's fine Tricky, gave me a horn. I'm still watching re runs of "Sirens" on Netflix.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, Mid said:

Dinner and Breakfast with LB :blink:

Tried that mate, but its very disconcerting with Random sitting there at the table in that leather outfit. They do keep moving him around though, one minute he's the front door stop, the next he's LB's bike rack, he stood in for the letter box for a few days...or when they have parties and sit him in the garden like a Balinese buddha with the water hose rammed up his arse.

I bumped into LB wheeling him down the road yesterday for a beer at the local Bandidos chapter house. He seemed to be very excited about getting out, he had lipstick all over the suit orifices, but he's always been a bit strange so.....

6 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Tried that mate, but its very disconcerting with Random sitting there at the table in that leather outfit. They do keep moving him around though, one minute he's the front door stop, the next he's LB's bike rack, he stood in for the letter box for a few days...or when they have parties and sit him in the garden like a Balinese buddha with the water hose rammed up his arse.

I bumped into LB wheeling him down the road yesterday for a beer at the local Bandidos chapter house. He seemed to be very excited about getting out, he had lipstick all over the suit orifices, but he's always been a bit strange so.....

Just put him in the attic and feed him fish heads..

1 hour ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Always keen to stay at the forefront of comms technology, I hear the CYCA are reconsidering allowing the use of carrier pigeons as was the case in the first few Sydney to Hobart races.

Mate I don't think much will change. No different than if you don't have a functioning AIS caused by TV microwaves and that showed you didn't transmit along the race course other than at pre start and post finish. Pigeons are exactly the same. The fuckers just die on the Rhumbline providing the same evidence.

DeadKingOurLadyofPeacePigeons.jpg

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Who remembers this when it first came on TV?

I was a teen back then, so I have clear blurry memories of it.

Hoppy I'm now very worried about you. My guess as an impressionable teen you identified very strongly with the guy in that advert. A crack 70's surfer and later contest inovator and man's man called Peter Drouyan.

Peter sort of then changed after that and  then became Westerly Windina. Hillary sorry Hoppy, have you felt some strange urges coming on lately?? 

download.jpeg

1cb406a059490f38babc176d29a1b9a9.jpeg

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hoppy I'm now very worried about you. My guess as an impressionable teen you identified very strongly with the guy in that advert. A crack 70's surfer and later contest inovator and man's man called Peter Drouyan.

Peter sort of then changed after that and  then became Westerly Windina. Hillary sorry Hoppy, have you felt some strange urges coming on lately?? 

download.jpeg

1cb406a059490f38babc176d29a1b9a9.jpeg

Geeze Jack it was all going so well with our  Elle fantasies and then you had to go and do that.

Mimi Macpherson’s sex tape should distract me from those images...

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Geeze Jack it was all going so well with our  Elle fantasies and then you had to go and do that.

Mimi Macpherson’s sex tape should distract me from those images...

Mate I'm more worried is the highlight of 2019 is Hillary buying a TP52 for $80k, then someone posting the post purchase celebratory sex tape on line.

Then watching Hillary on Channel 7 in December start with a all girl crew who also answer to Bruce or something. Though I have to say that will send the CYC spastic.

Go Hillary.

15 minutes ago, hoppy said:

what man?

I thought Elle was alone in that commercial. Is Westerly Windina one of your ex's?

Hillary sorry Hoppy you probably now need to go through an exhaustive analysis of the 4 stages of denial. Like starting with how long have you been waxing? Duct taping your dick and sack to your arse crack isn't normal. Your ideal racing boat purchase is one that contains an electric head, come hell or high water etc?

Miss Hoppy we are here to help, trust me.

3 hours ago, VOA said:

Well, oil beef hooked. I had no idea that happened. 

Early 2000's from memory.  I'm told he is having a rethink about going back to being Peter. Very complex guy. Probably responsible for the introduction of the short board world wide in the 60's, though never really credited.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, VOA said:

Well, oil beef hooked. I had no idea that happened. 

Drouyan was always a strange cat. I remember he and Paul Neilson paddled out at our local break at Broadbeach one glassy day when it was perfect and spent the session dropping in on each other. 

On 1/11/2019 at 8:43 AM, LB 15 said:

Fuck! And I thought I could act like a dick on here sometimes! 

You can but unlike you I'm not hiding.

Maybe it's lost in text but I'm always laughing as i reply, just like I'd be laughing as i say these things to your face in the ckub or the pub.

It's a great laugh to me so don't get upset just enjoy the banter.

Lol have a great day!

1 hour ago, Feilberg said:

You can but unlike you I'm not hiding.

Maybe it's lost in text but I'm always laughing as i reply, just like I'd be laughing as i say these things to your face in the ckub or the pub.

It's a great laugh to me so don't get upset just enjoy the banter.

Lol have a great day!

I’m am hiding? I am taking you seriously? You are new here arn’t you...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, trt131 said:

I've got ask Couta, just checked the entry lists for Geelong, whats with Voodoo entering the Cruising division in Festival of Sail in Geelong.  Want to beat up on the little Benes?  HTFU and race with the big boys

The real racing’s short tacking up the channel six times over the weekend, not this W/Ls where you can’t see the bottom nonsense 

• Like 2

When does the Australian Sailing, Australian Sailing championship of sailing start? Sail Paradise was the Australian Sailing Queensland sailing championships. They had 4 entries in IRC. Still 3 more than Frants race to Fiji. 

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I’m am hiding? I am taking you seriously? You are new here arn’t you...

Yes

So I'll finish the story the tp in question had a full clean up, sails up and drying full spray and wipe after a hose and wetvac before packing it all away as you do and that night head off to have a few and dinner and enjoy. Knowing full well they'd come back to a yacht smelling of spray and wipe and a few slowly distilling and fermenting crew members staying onboard.
So you could imagine the irate owner i past that morning as i returned to my yacht. I didn't know what happened and as he's an old mate standing there on the hose at 0800 i laughing tell me he'd done enough yesterday and they don't get any cleaner.. well I've seen that look a few times and now i know something's gone down and I'm in for the giggle , so the owner tells me the story and the young fellas got absolutely everything headsails, staysail, every spinnaker and I'll direct quote “ miss .... says she didn't know a human could hold that amount of liquid"  
Anyway after a few hour's the sails all up and hosed the youngstar comes round to face the heeler and to his credit showed himself to be the young champion that he is.

His hobart was was great one, won his division, 3rd overall "just gonna send it" session he'll never forget and with his dad to boot.

If you still want your jug couta then we'll have to double up on the southport race 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

When does the Australian Sailing, Australian Sailing championship of sailing start? Sail Paradise was the Australian Sailing Queensland sailing championships. They had 4 entries in IRC. Still 3 more than Frants race to Fiji. 

No need for exaggeration when you’re talking about the Australian Sailing 2019 Saint Moritz by GURNER™ Australian Yachting Championships

https://www.sailing.org.au/news/15610/

it’s 21-24 jan so just before Geelong

3 minutes ago, resist said:

No need for exaggeration when you’re talking about the Australian Sailing 2019 Saint Moritz by GURNER™ Australian Yachting Championships

https://www.sailing.org.au/news/15610/

it’s 21-24 jan so just before Geelong

Saint Moritz? My mother used to smoke them back in the '70's. Stopped us stealing her durries.

9 hours ago, trt131 said:

I've got ask Couta, just checked the entry lists for Geelong, whats with Voodoo entering the Cruising division in Festival of Sail in Geelong.  

Yep..decision was made to let the team have some fun doing whatever they want/need to do over the back end of Chrissy....me? I've been down @ Black Rock with the Finns...trying to convince someone to sell me a boat at a steal...unbelievable talent pool with every colour Lympix medalist in the 40 boat fleet....others have gone for a ride at the IRC Aussies.....and we'll drag some mates together to enjoy a lazy FOS at Geelong. For us, as it should be for everyone, it's about having FUN. Sometimes that involves hard core racing, other times it involves catching up with lifelong mates for a sail and a beer! Cheers!!!

• Like 1
On 1/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, shaggybaxter said:

Hi Tricky, 

It wasn’t an old W60 was it?  Elle Bache rings a bell for some reason. 

On 1/11/2019 at 10:34 AM, shaggybaxter said:

Fuck I love this place. :lol:

10 hours ago, mad said:

It wasn’t an old W60 was it?  Elle Bache rings a bell for some reason. 

You don’t get to the David Jones cosmetics department much do you?

That’s ‘Ella Bache’ who did sponsor an 18’ skiff though.

The W60 was ‘Elle racing ‘

24 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

You don’t get to the David Jones cosmetics department much do you?

That’s ‘Ella Bache’ who did sponsor an 18’ skiff though.

The W60 was ‘Elle racing ‘

Nope not particular cosmetics department. :lol:

10 hours ago, Couta said:

Yep Hoppy...that's the plan (and of course, because it's the passage race...don't go "right"!)

Bwahaha Couta! Fun memories of Navigation by Committee, LOL. Too much knowledge, when will they ever learn?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, olaf hart said:

He needs to be more specific, wasn’t 3000w mentioned somewhere?

I once sailed with an all girl crew ( yeah I know I know, leading with my chin around here), anyway the girls would bring men back to the boat and talk of giving them a good ‘hoovering’ .

• Like 1
On 1/11/2019 at 9:39 PM, hoppy said:

Who remembers this when it first came on TV?

I was a teen back then, so I have clear blurry memories of it.

FYI..... Elle comes from a sailing family in the Shire..... I raced her dads cat "simply the best" for many years back in the day..... great people and still friends....

Poor Box junior...... Sculling a jug of rum is not easy at the back end of a Customs House session.....

10 minutes ago, PIL66 said:

FYI..... Elle comes from a sailing family in the Shire..... I raced her dads cat "simply the best" for many years back in the day..... great people and still friends....

Poor Box junior...... Sculling a jug of rum is not easy at the back end of a Customs House session.....

Simply the best won a few Gladstone’s in the 90’s IIRC