Martin Shkreli ...KARMA

34 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

“Bureau of Prisons will select the prison where he will be incarcerated “. Any chance they are taking suggestions?

Is Abu Ghraib an option?

I don't know how rich he is anymore - he got hit with millions in fines and forfeitures.

That's the best way to deal with greedy cocksuckers like him (and Trump)

Impoverish them - that's the worst fate that can befall them.

27 minutes ago, chinabald said:

There's Vomit on his sweater already

Martin Shkreli 

I would be very surprised if he survives this little event intact, mentally or physically. A little black hole of id and doubt.

Went from smug little asshole to crying like a baby to the judge while lying like a rug to save his hide  “I am terribly sorry I lost your trust. You deserved far better.”

Luckily the judge saw through it.

It is federal, so I don't think he gets a break on time, but there are others here who would know better.

Just hope it is to a real prison and not a some work camp.

He will make someone a nice prison bitch once they break him in.

12 hours ago, silent bob said:

Do you know the first symptom of AIDS?

With AIDS, you're prone to infections... some of which can kill you. One of those is taxoplasmosis. The drug he jacked the price up from $1 to $750/pill is targeted specifically at toxo. Somehow, that seems fitting.

7 Years?! That's it? Hardly seems fair considering how many lives he ruined....

7 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

Went from smug little asshole to crying like a baby to the judge while lying like a rug to save his hide  “I am terribly sorry I lost your trust. You deserved far better.”

Luckily the judge saw through it.

It is federal, so I don't think he gets a break on time, but there are others here who would know better.

Just hope it is to a real prison and not a some work camp.

He will make someone a nice prison bitch once they break him in.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Anybody got a link to some vid of him blubbering?

I feel the need for a good dose of schadenfreude.

He is going to spend about 18 months of Club Fed.... think of it as staying at a Motel 6 with a fence around it and eating at $7.99 All You Can Eat Buffet Corral just off the freeway.   While the millions he has stashed earns interest he'll be catching up on his sleep.

I think Obama toured a few of these facilities... and if what they're saying is true about the past election, he may be in one soon.

Not that I like the guy but tell me how he is any worse than the rest of the industry because it’s pretty clear people don’t realize how much drugs cost 

My wife has RA the required infusion is 5000 dollars every 3 weeks 

I am not doing well and as it progress I will require a medication that runs about 12,000 dollars a month and when I reach Medicare age my out of pocket in the best cast with the best AARP Plan will be in the 10000 plus range 

Some of my blood work runs in the 10000 dollar range 

3000 every January and then 600 per month for 11 months and the price rising really fast 

And let’s not forget my current well known health insurance carrier Aetna who drags out routine payments 90 days so I get to deal with somebody trying to collect on a routine basis 

23 hours ago, dacapo said:

Karma is SUCH a bitch.

you fucked many sick people over with your inflated drug prices....time to see what it;'s like to get fucked 

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/09/news/martin-shkreli-sentencing/index.html

it may be a surprise to some but being an asshole is not a crime, fraud is, and wishing for prison rape is usually a homoerotic fantasy for repressed males who desire to have a large hairy gent set them free. 

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

He is going to spend about 18 months of Club Fed.... think of it as staying at a Motel 6 with a fence around it and eating at $7.99 All You Can Eat Buffet Corral just off the freeway.   While the millions he has stashed earns interest he'll be catching up on his sleep.

I think Obama toured a few of these facilities... and if what they're saying is true about the past election, he may be in one soon.

His lawyer figured he still had 6 years to go after the offset for time already served.

54 minutes ago, Gutterblack said:

Didnt know there were so many here fantasising about prison rape but then again it is a sailors forum, all rum , bum and the concertina.

For REAL sailors it's rum, sodomy and the lash.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tommays said:

Not that I like the guy but tell me how he is any worse than the rest of the industry because it’s pretty clear people don’t realize how much drugs cost 

I am not doing well and as it progress I will require a medication that runs about 12,000 dollars a month and when I reach Medicare age my out of pocket in the best cast with the best AARP Plan will be in the 10000 plus range 

3000 every January and then 600 per month for 11 months and the price rising really fast 

And let’s not forget my current well known health insurance carrier Aetna who drags out routine payments 90 days so I get to deal with somebody trying to collect on a routine basis 

You made the mistake of being born in the USA.

Those prices are simply the cost of freedom.

1 hour ago, Gutterblack said:

wishing for prison rape is usually a homoerotic fantasy for repressed males who desire to have a large hairy gent set them free. 

Check out the dictionary definition of schadenfreude.

Its easy to demonise someone especially if you happen to buy into moral outrage (diaprim) and resentment (rich young guy) but last I heard you guys had a criminal justice system not a criminal revenge system.

Lots of people want revenge even if they have to condone raping someone, the culmination of that sentiment is a lynching. Mob justice? yeah right

As distasteful as pharma bros behavior may have been, it was a white collar crime and diaprim pricing for example was entirely legal.  What he did in some respects was to illustrate how fucked your for profit healthcare system is. He was an embarrassment to the status quo by drawing attention to their raping of the US taxpayer, but interestingly he wasnt charged with offences related to that. Ironic how your wall street bankers got bonuses for perpetrating a fraud that was a million times worse, Mr Shrek was a scapegoat, an easy target and while I have no sympathy for him it is a sad reflection on a culture if it wishes a person raped while incarcerated as if while behind bars they are no longer human.

2 hours ago, tommays said:

Sorry but all of that is a function of how your health care system is set up, *not* the cost of drugs et al.

Ask anyone in *any* other First World country on the planet.

I love the USA health system, it'd be really hard to come up with a better example of how *not* to do one..... it's one of the wonders of the world. Really.

FKT

He was an embarrassment to the status quo by drawing attention to their raping of the US taxpayer,

He was an embarrassment to the human race.

And re: the "raped in prison" bit - try and develop a sense of humour.

Or at least a little cynicism.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

He was an embarrassment to the human race.

And re: the "raped in prison" bit - try and develop a sense of humour.

Or at least a little cynicism.

Biff doesn't do humo(u)r.

sure I can be funny about it. but sometimes a reminder that what people enjoy laughing about is actually a very real and serious issue. Kinda like making black/jew/gay jokes- after a while you just grow out of pretending that youre not a homophobic racist and either stop telling them or join the polite Klan

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Sorry but all of that is a function of how your health care system is set up, *not* the cost of drugs et al.

Ask anyone in *any* other First World country on the planet.

I love the USA health system, it'd be really hard to come up with a better example of how *not* to do one..... it's one of the wonders of the world. Really.

FKT

Well I have internet friends all over the world with the same illness including your place and while you don’t quite have death panels it is quite difficult to get the correct drug if it’s not approved yet due to the cost to the system as a whole

As I result many people in England Australia and Canada that I know end up buying expensive American Style Private Insurance 

So when you have a rare illness pretty much everwere your fairly fucked 

So yes I pay a lot of money but I do get to decide a lot more about my fate which was no big deal until about 1 year ago when my health hit a really big speed bump 

• Like 1

sure I can be funny about it. but sometimes a reminder that what people enjoy laughing about is actually a very real and serious issue. Kinda like making black/jew/gay jokes- after a while you just grow out of pretending that youre not a homophobic racist and either stop telling them or join the polite Klan

"Humour is tragedy happening to someone else"

There is nothing humorous, nor tragic happening to Martin Shrkeli. If anything is tragic, it is that he's getting off so lightly.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

There is nothing humorous, nor tragic happening to Martin Shrkeli. If anything is tragic, it is that he's getting off so lightly.

It's really unfortunate for Marty that he is today's poster child for "fuck the world, I got mine".

Non violent wuss, rich and white. He will have his chance in min security...which can mean a lot of different things. If he can get his head together enough to obey the rules and not give any staff lip he will do his time in a fairly civilized way. Then he will be released, a convicted felon, unable to get anywhere close to banking or financial work. He could be a painter, window washer, but not a janitor.  

Magic 8 ball says:

"Do you want fries with that?" 

Magic 8 ball says he's got enough money stashed away to never worry about a thing in his life..... If he makes it out of prison w/o contracting HIV.

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Magic 8 ball says he's got enough money stashed away to never worry about a thing in his life..... If he makes it out of prison w/o contracting HIV.

Or waking up with his balls in his mouth.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Being an insufferable twatwaffle really doesn't seem to have worked out for him. I wonder, if he'd been charming and pleasant, would he have gotten away with it?