the potential of civil war

political debate was generally held as contentious yet reasonable irt facts and respect for differing opinions. debate clubs coached the art of debate and civility towards others stances. until recently, people were granted respect based on character rather than team. today it seems as if we have two groups on each side; the cheerleaders and the shout/punch downers where lines are drawn based solely on political ideology. first question asked is are you left or right (or assumptions are just made based on a sentence or two), the second is to insult them for their bias, and the third is posturing, digging in, and sometimes threats and physical acts. until adults begin acting like adults again and start accepting that differing ideals (while maybe not what they themselves want) require intelligent discussion and negotiation we are doomed to a cycle of stupidity that seems to be headed to the inevitable violent end.

agree or disagree? how long before a physical war over the politics of our nation happens?

• Like 1
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have completely overlooked the devastating military capabilities of the Mini-Cannon Ridgeline Brigade and La-Z-Boy Warrior Verbal Response Unit. A tragic oversight. 

The geographical boundaries of blue and red state are fiction.   Educated, those with dark complexion, and urban dwellers fighting against rural and uneducated white folks won’t make for a long war, m

I have come to believe that here in the US, any person who spends as much time and energy in public screeching about their gun rights and does so with inherent dishonesty should be judged mentally uns

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, aA said:

political debate was generally held as contentious yet reasonable irt facts and respect for differing opinions. debate clubs coached the art of debate and civility towards others stances. until recently, people were granted respect based on character rather than team. today it seems as if we have two groups on each side; the cheerleaders and the shout/punch downers where lines are drawn based solely on political ideology. first question asked is are you left or right (or assumptions are just made based on a sentence or two), the second is to insult them for their bias, and the third is posturing, digging in, and sometimes threats and physical acts. until adults begin acting like adults again and start accepting that differing ideals (while maybe not what they themselves want) require intelligent discussion and negotiation we are doomed to a cycle of stupidity that seems to be headed to the inevitable violent end.

agree or disagree? how long before a physical war over the politics of our nation happens?

How long depends upon whether or not people are willing to push to "win" - or push to understand and try to accept.   I'm not good at it by any stretch of the imagination, but, I do make an effort to try to understand, and comment on the basis for an opinion rather than denigrating the individual for holding the opinion.  I don't always hit that goal, but, it's a goal nonetheless. 

I don't see it happening.  In red states like Georgia there are only a few percentage points separating team blue and team red, same with the majority of blue states.  If there was a block of states that voted 80% one way or the other we might have a problem but there is too close of an even split in most states.  Also families are not uniformly democrat or republican, who wants to fight their kids, aunts, uncles, parents, siblings, friends and neighbors.  

• Like 1

The geographical boundaries of blue and red state are fiction.   Educated, those with dark complexion, and urban dwellers fighting against rural and uneducated white folks won’t make for a long war, more a national riot without front lines.  Corporate interests fan the flames to gut epa and workers rights, but they won’t survive in chaos.  Both political parties likewise face irrelevance in any national riots.

Without guns, abortion and racism, it’s hard for the Republicans to unite poor white people with the oligarchs for long, the two groups have nothing in common.   Attempts to stir up a patriotic holy war with Iran or Syria don’t seem to be working.   

Likewise the Democratic attempt to rally Wall Street, minorities and union labor around the gender confused and omnisexual orientations failed even when confronted with Trump, since they offered no tangible change.

Neither party has the motivation or ability to exist as a functioning nation when the boundaries look like a splatter painting,   Those with enough anger and desperation to resort to violence have more in common with each other then with their own parties, if they ever get past the way they look and talk, and actually listen to each other,   

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, aA said:

Fundamentally false base assumption. The disagreements around Trump are not based on differing political philosophies, they are based on the difference between knowledge and ignorance, understanding VS hate.

It's not a philosophical issue at all.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any chance of a civil war in the next 20 years for the simple reason that things aren't near bad enough, not in the US.

Despite all the news, social media, ranting, raving, hand waving, innuendo, strawmen ablaze, etc..things aren't bad enough yet.

Food, water, education, TVs, cars, marijuana, booze, etc.. it's all 'cheep'.  Hell, it's almost 'free'.  What's not cheep is mobility.   What's not cheep is opportunity.  What's not cheep is hope.  Those cost money - more today than they've ever cost in my lifetime.  But they can still be had by the vast majority of Americans.  And that will eventually sew the seeds of discord - but not yet.  The flipside of 50 million poor and desperate folks is 270 million that are doing ok.  And as Lark pointed out, the divisions are in people's heads, not in their geography.  That's a huge impediment to any sort of mass uprising.  

There may come a time but it's not here yet.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, aA said:

I don’t think we are far from it. Once you let people create alternative realities and teach followers that the “other side” is the enemy, you’re close. See Rex Tillerson’s comments, which echo what I’ve been saying for some time. That’s why I am so hard on the alternative reality guys these days. 

7 hours ago, aA said:

I think it likely there will be violence if Trump were impeached but not enough to label civil war. 

The reason I suspect the violence is the number of people I see whose sole source of news is the right wing blogosphere. They have adopted that "reality" and, in them, it has been adopted to the level of faith. Truth can be argued but faith can not. Watch FOX news and see that for those who believe the removal of Trump from office could result in Trump being viewed as a martyr. They are not being told anything that would justify it, and instead they are told there is no justification whatsoever and that an attack on Trump is an attack on themselves, indeed, America.

Some will get violent.   

6 hours ago, 2slow said:

I don't see it happening.  In red states like Georgia there are only a few percentage points separating team blue and team red, same with the majority of blue states.  If there was a block of states that voted 80% one way or the other we might have a problem but there is too close of an even split in most states.  Also families are not uniformly democrat or republican, who wants to fight their kids, aunts, uncles, parents, siblings, friends and neighbors.  

Yeah, and it's the nature of the left-right system that the separation will continue to be thin, because each side tends to switch their lines to capture the most voters they can get. Twenty years ago there was fear of abortion being outlawed, now it's barely on the radar.

The South is more lefty than a lot of Northerners can imagine and the North is more righty than a lot of Southerners know.

13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The disagreements around Trump are not based on differing political philosophies, they are based on the difference between knowledge and ignorance, understanding VS hate.

Interesting post. But the present disagreements in play are based on BOTH philosophy, AND ignorance.  The fabrication and acceptance of fake news enters into this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Untitled.jpg.b5f571beedf4e54203dd9d9027ee6182.jpg

Trump actually misquoted Jeffress, who said on Fox News: “I’m afraid it will cause a Civil War-like fracture.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republican-lawmaker-denounces-trumps-tweet-predicting-civil-war-if-hes-impeached-2019-09-29

Trump actually misquoted

Fok me , there's a surprise ................................... not .

Kremlin propaganda pushes U.S. ‘civil war’ message

Since before the 2016 U.S. presidential election, the Kremlin has been pushing a manufactured issue of prospects of a civil war in America, claiming that white blue-collar workers in the country are getting increasingly disenfranchised.

https://www.toledoblade.com/opinion/columnists/2019/03/24/kremlin-propaganda-pushes-united-states-civil-war-message/stories/20190318145

Hey if Trump is retweeting this shit isn’t that sedition? Asking for a friend.

I see the trolls haven’t got their talking points yet, it must be a sad life waiting for the bullshit to be spoon fed to you so you can forward the message - it works for the idiots.

The informed ie those not reliant upon faux news,  not so much.

• Like 1
On 5/18/2018 at 1:54 PM, 2slow said:

I agree.

Also, I suspect that we're generally too lazy to go to blows with anyone over ideological differences.

The Civil War was largely waged over what all wars are waged, money. I don't see the economic incentive for it to happen when we're all largely jumbled up with one another.

• Like 2

UPS delivers a number of packages to my place.  Will they have to pick a side?

That's how serious I take the talk of civil war.  Life will go on.  If we ever needed proof, go back to 20 February 2017.  Sure, the world has had a good laugh at our President, but the sun still comes up in the east and sets in the west.  People that worry about a civil war probably fret that their toast won't pop up when it's done.  You worry too much. 

• Like 2

he, the reverend bloke says "Civil war like fracture"

Whatever that means, I don't think it means guns. Who knows What Trump meant when he re tweeted it but even REPs are calling the re tweeting repugnant

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) on Sunday criticized President Trump for quoting a pastor saying impeachment could trigger a "Civil War-like fracture" in the country.

"I have visited nations ravaged by civil war," Kinzinger tweeted.

"I have never imagined such a quote to be repeated by a President. This is beyond repugnant."

It's no wonder you lot get all discombobulated when you always look for the most contentious interpretation you can extrapolate from a sentence.

On face value, the reverend bloke may be correct.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:33 PM, aA said:

With the sudden turn for support of a Donald Trump impeachment, and some signs even the faithful are beginning to doubt, it feels like the political tension in the US is beginning to wane. 

Last night Trump went further off the rails tweeting
Like every American, I deserve to meet my accuser, especially when this accuser, the so-called “Whistleblower,” represented a perfect conversation with a foreign leader in a totally inaccurate and fraudulent way. Then Schiff made up what I actually said by lying to Congress. His lies were made in perhaps the most blatant and sinister manner ever seen in the great Chamber. He wrote down and read terrible things, then said it was from the mouth of the President of the United States. I want Schiff questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason. In addition, I want to meet not only my accuser, who presented SECOND & THIRD HAND INFORMATION, but also the person who illegally gave this information, which was largely incorrect, to the “Whistleblower.” Was this person SPYING on the U.S. President? Big Consequences!

Trump is already on video talking about what they used to do with spies (execute them) and now is demanding to meet the "spy". 

As Trump becomes more unhinged, America will begin to unite behind the Constitution, rather than take orders from party leaders.  When Trump released that phone call memo he effectively said, "All this is true."  Everyone who has ever watched a Mafia movie or read a Mafia book knows exactly what Trump was trying to do, as does most of America.  

I could be dead wrong but I think with all the division we've seen here, and elsewhere in other countries, America is beginning to understand Trump has has been our Divider In Chief and if we want to protect ourselves from adversarial countries, we have to unite.  If we are to do that, Trump has to go.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

UPS delivers a number of packages to my place.  Will they have to pick a side?

That's how serious I take the talk of civil war.  Life will go on.  If we ever needed proof, go back to 20 February 2017.  Sure, the world has had a good laugh at our President, but the sun still comes up in the east and sets in the west.  People that worry about a civil war probably fret that their toast won't pop up when it's done.  You worry too much. 

You're right, but it doesn't preclude widespread political violence, partition, and civil war or perhaps events that will be seen as a civil war by future generations even if we don't label it as such.

And life will go on. It won't be the same, but we've already had a Civil War... many USAneans are surprised to find that other countries had them too... and life went on after that.

Things are good for most people, but hope is being extinguished and all it takes to light the powder keg is for the food trucks to stop for a day or two. Our socio-economic system is VERY complex and requires a lot of cooperative effort. And the culture of cooperation is rapidly being smothered under a pillow, deliberately by some and unwittingly/selfishly by others. Once it's gone, it will literally take generations to build up again. And the dirt that is now the USA will be something else.

- DSK

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You sound like you would like to see such a thing.

I mean, I do love it when you guys get proven wrong in hilarious and humiliating ways, but I get that every week already. 

This time last week, you all thought Kavanaugh had a new sexual assault claim.

This current hoax is already cracked. 

The vitriol is up to 11 because this half baked hoax incriminates the entire Democrat Party. They are actually looking at jail time.

Remember, Trump told the DNC what would happen and gave them the opportunity to back down.

Post image

3 minutes ago, shubrook said:

I mean, I do love it when you guys get proven wrong in hilarious and humiliating ways, but I get that every week already. 

The vitriol is up to 11 because this half baked hoax incriminates the entire Democrat Party. They are actually looking at jail time.

Remember, Trump told the DNC what would happen and gave them the opportunity to back down.

Post image

I realize you see anyone who isn't in lock-step with the party talking points as members of a monolithic bloc, akin to a hive-mind.  

You don't have to take every opportunity to prove how ill-informed you truly are.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I realize you see anyone who isn't in lock-step with the party talking points as members of a monolithic bloc, akin to a hive-mind.  

You don't have to take every opportunity to prove how ill-informed you truly are.

yea man, check the threads. On Monday you all thought you had another crack at Kavanaugh.

On tuesday, you all looked like fools.

It is a new hoax every week. Sometimes if the hoax falls apart by Wednesday, you'll get two.

I try to warn you ahead of time. Don't belive everything you read on the internet.

1 minute ago, shubrook said:

yea man, check the threads. On Monday you all thought you had another crack at Kavanaugh.

On tuesday, you all looked like fools.

It is a new hoax every week. Sometimes if the hoax falls apart by Wednesday, you'll get two.

I try to warn you ahead of time. Don't belive everything you read on the internet.

Seeing the world as binary is for folks low in intellectual horsepower.

58 minutes ago, shubrook said:

Who's going to fight for the leftists?

Coming from the demographic that needs a gun to feel safe in their suburban home, and couldn't run to their own mailbox without stopping for a breather? 

Helpful hints:

1. If you need to grab some furniture to get up off the floor your ability to wage revolution is probably more limited then you realize.   
  2. If you find your rage at an unfair world messes with your insulin dependent diabetes your warrior status is limited to keyboard.
  3. If the last time you did 40 pushups was in High School, you may have trouble lugging ammo to the urban battlefield when your trusty truck lacks gasoline.
  4. If you need gasoline and a blow torch to start a fire you really should stay away from the woods.  

I think the number of hardcore conservative preppers that could survive a week without their pharmacy and C store  is about the same as the number of tree huggers that can walk into a woods with a knife and flint, and have a great weekend.

What do you imagine this epic battleground looking like?  Suburb against metro with wineries fighting ranchers?   

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Lark said:

Coming from the demographic that needs a gun to feel safe in their suburban home, and couldn't run to their own mailbox without stopping for a breather? 

Helpful hints:

1. If you need to grab some furniture to get up off the floor your ability to wage revolution is probably more limited then you realize.   
  2. If you find your rage at an unfair world messes with your insulin dependent diabetes your warrior status is limited to keyboard.
  3. If the last time you did 40 pushups was in High School, you may have trouble lugging ammo to the urban battlefield when your trusty truck lacks gasoline.
  4. If you need gasoline and a blow torch to start a fire you really should stay away from the woods.  

I think the number of hardcore conservative preppers that could survive a week without their pharmacy and C store  is about the same as the number of tree huggers that can walk into a woods with a knife and flint, and have a great weekend.

What do you imagine this epic battleground looking like?  Suburb against metro with wineries fighting ranchers?   

You have completely overlooked the devastating military capabilities of the Mini-Cannon Ridgeline Brigade and La-Z-Boy Warrior Verbal Response Unit. A tragic oversight. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

he, the reverend bloke says "Civil war like fracture"

Whatever that means, I don't think it means guns.

Which part of the Civil War was not like killing with guns. The demolitions with explosives? The secession part was not war.

However while the reverend's comment seems like expressing a legitimate concert, Thump's retweet seems like a threat. Or a call to arms.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Which part of the Civil War was not like killing with guns. The demolitions with explosives? The secession part was not war.

However while the reverend's comment seems like expressing a legitimate concert, Thump's retweet seems like a threat. Or a call to arms.

I am certain it was nothing of the sort.

50 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

Veterans like me that fought in the vietnam war , not the GOPER's draft dodgers  like pussy Ttump and followers, 

warning don't drink the Koolaid at the WH

It is interesting how veterans the Dems have in Congress or running for President who are actual veterans. Not so much with the GOPers. They were too busy staying at home trying to get rich or. suffering from tragic medical conditions like bone spurs - or both.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

It is interesting how veterans the Dems have in Congress or running for President who are actual veterans. Not so much with the GOPers. They were too busy staying at home trying to get rich or. suffering from tragic medical conditions like bone spurs - or both.

While he isn't an elected official, we should not lose sight of the personal commitment demonstrated by Ted Nugent by shitting his pants to avoid the draft.

4 hours ago, Lark said:

Helpful hints:

I think it would look a lot like escalating domestic terrorism. The Sendero Luminoso were not well funded or skilled or ever remotely within reach of overthrowing the government, but they did do incredible damage to the nation or Peru and destabilized it for decades. There is no reason the same could not happen here. I am not of the opinion that it is likely or imminent, but I think it is important to recognize it as a possibility and to not dismiss the ability of a bunch of poor uneducated people to wreak havoc on a society. 

Just now, LenP said:

I think it would look a lot like escalating domestic terrorism. The Sendero Luminoso were not well funded or skilled or ever remotely within reach of overthrowing the government, but they did do incredible damage to the nation or Peru and destabilized it for decades. There is no reason the same could not happen here. I am not of the opinion that it is likely or imminent, but I think it is important to recognize it as a possibility and to not dismiss the ability of a bunch of poor uneducated people to wreak havoc on a society. 

Fair enough.  The politicization of the Justice Department is the key ingredient needed to make this happen.  Barr being tasked (and accepting the task) of working with political operatives to find dirt on his boss's political rivals becomes all the more dangerous based on your example of where this could end up.   Either the insurgency mistrusts the government (as in your example) or works under the tacit permission of the government like Klan lynchings did under the watchful gaze of the Sheriff.    Either way, the politicization of the Justice Department is highly dangerous to democracy (pointed out for the Trolls that will see the communist and narcotic connections when they google it and start frothing at the mouth).        

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

IMO, the Inland NW (centering around the Redoubt) is already at the CW tipping point. One of the reasons we’re getting out.  

Care to explain?   Does this stem from the question of who gets to use public lands?    

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I'd argue the main reason it couldn't happen today in the US is the great difficulty in operating effectively in a cooperative manner "off the grid & under the radar" in the US. Places like the redoubt it may be possible, most of the rest of the US it's hard and getting harder and in the future it'll be even moreso. 

Now if some source of substantial external funding comes to the separatist hate group morons that might change.

You don't need to be under the radar if you have a friendly Attorney General.  It does make the true insurgency more difficult, as we would surely pass a new "Patriot Act" if terrorism increased.    We would presumably require Google to pass along our itemized search histories, Alexa and Samsung to report on our after dinner discussions and service providers to be alert for 'unamerican activity' on forums such as this.   Protesters appear to have managed in Hong Kong somehow, so perhaps it remains a possibility.   

13 minutes ago, Lark said:

You don't need to be under the radar if you have a friendly Attorney General.  It does make the true insurgency more difficult, as we would surely pass a new "Patriot Act" if terrorism increased.    We would presumably require Google to pass along our itemized search histories, Alexa and Samsung to report on our after dinner discussions and service providers to be alert for 'unamerican activity' on forums such as this.   Protesters appear to have managed in Hong Kong somehow, so perhaps it remains a possibility.   

Hong Kong protesters know if they bring arms, Xi’s army would see it as a step too far and crush them.

4 hours ago, El Boracho said:

you're concentrating on the descriptor not the noun.

he's talking about the size and/or duration of the rift (fracture) caused by the civil war not the actual gunny deadly bit.

he could have said Andreas Fault like fracture and some people would take that as Trump's literal ability to cause earthquakes..

Keep real people.

14 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Hong Kong protesters know if they bring arms, Xi’s army would see it as a step too far and crush them.

Non violence is more effective, but harder.   I found this training guide from our own history.     

• No one goes alone. Never leave or arrive at an action by yourself. Go to toilet in pairs or relay teams. Allow no one to be arrested alone, girl-girl boy-boy. Park & walk so opponents don't identify & vandalize your car.

No one takes all the punishment. Tactic of racists & cops is to isolate attack on one individual. Easier to escalate violence if against a single individual. How to prevent.

• Don't have on you. Nothing that can be construed as a weapon (e.g. roll of pennies). No illegal drugs (including no pot).

14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

he's talking about the size and/or duration of the rift (fracture) caused by the civil war not the actual gunny deadly bit.

he could have said Andreas Fault like fracture and some people would take that as Trump's literal ability to cause earthquakes..

Keep real people.

Given that at least one of the Faithful felt called to rescue children in a sex ring housed in the basement of a pizza parlor that.....wait for it....HAS no basement, can you accept that his rhetoric might be seen as a call to arms among the folks who adore him?

38 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Keep real people.

When was the last time you were in Kansas, or even Pence's own back yard?   There is a percentage completely wrapped up in their own hatred of other, the foreigner, fear of change, whatever.   They are not unified by any single set of fears or hatreds, and have no practical means of prosecuting a meaningful upheaval.  Most lack the fortitude to skip meals or risk their double wide.  LenP is probably correct, right wing violence would start as cowardly terror strikes where they dash out, burn something or leave behind an IED, then retreat back to the trailer park to watch the news for results, imitating Sergeant McVeigh.   Left wing violence would more likely be a 'peaceful protest' that escalates into a generalized riot, like Ferguson. Either could escalate to a more generalized violent upheaval.   Some do dream of a 'glorious civil war' where they could parade around with a bunch of bugles.  Of course the writings of those that prepared to fight the first battles of WW I showed the same foolish dreams.     

So this is going to be more of the Made-for-TV  Bundy Low-Information Brokeback-Denying-Poofer Wannabe-Rebels with Plaid and Guns and Suicidal Tendencies? 

Or more like bombing children and civil servants in Oklahoma City?

"I have visited nations ravaged by civil war.@realDonaldTrump," Illinois Representative Adam Kinzinger, a Republican and Air Force veteran, tweeted.  "I have never imagined such a quote to be repeated by a President. This is beyond repugnant."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/supernumbercivilwar2-trends-after-donald-trump-makes-twitter-impeachment-threat/ar-AAI3JDr?ocid=spartandhp

A loose coalition of Proud Boys/KKK/Nazis/Christian Loonies and other assorted racists and fools would do some damage...….mainly to each other.

By definition, anyone who would commit violence to support Trump has a major brain malfunction.

I foresee a bunch of drunk idiots arguing about whose truck and guns are better, plenty of crashes and accidental shootings, getting lost and running away as soon as someone starts shooting back at them.

1 minute ago, Happy said:

A loose coalition of Proud Boys/KKK/Nazis/Christian Loonies and other assorted racists and fools would do some damage...….mainly to each other.

By definition, anyone who would commit violence to support Trump has a major brain malfunction.

I foresee a bunch of drunk idiots arguing about whose truck and guns are better, plenty of crashes and accidental shootings, getting lost and running away as soon as someone starts shooting back at them.

That's an entertaining thought.   Of course the massacre of the Texas fifth racist brigade (and Chili Cookoff winners) by the Oklahoma Anti Mexican Legion, RV camping in the next field over, will be blamed on the Pizza Delivery Squad of New York, and used to increase recruitment to both units.   

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Keep real people.

How do you know he is writing about the size or duration? Trump did not include any hint of that. “Civil War like” points exactly at shooting and 750,000 dead. Not some tense moment at a Kentucky PTA meeting.

• Like 1

Trump inspired “civil war” thinking, us vs. them, so-called patriots vs. non, well before he was even elected.  Does anyone remember these appalling people - 2015. 

Nothing new for proto-fascists as a strategy. 

Trump basically condoned it —didn’t condemn it when told about it— saying his supporters are “passionate”, only before later (!) saying it was wrong. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/police-man-beat-homeless-mexican-said-trump-right

Police: Man who beat homeless Mexican said ‘Trump was right’

Politics Aug 21, 2015 11:14 AM EDT

BOSTON — The Mexican government condemned an attack on a sleeping homeless man that police said was committed by two brothers, one of whom said that Donald Trump was right about deporting “all these illegals.”

The brothers urinated on the 58-year-old man, punched him and beat him with a metal pole while he slept near a Boston train station, police said.

Scott Leader told troopers after his arrest, “Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported,” according to a state police report filed in court.

Asked about the homeless man’s beating before a New Hampshire town hall on Wednesday night, he [Trump] said he hadn’t heard about it.

“I think that would be a shame,” he said, but declined to condemn the attack. “I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate. They love this country. They want this country to be great again. And they are very passionate.”

2 hours ago, El Boracho said:

How do you know he is writing about the size or duration? Trump did not include any hint of that. “Civil War like fracture” points exactly at shooting and 750,000 dead. Not some tense moment at a Kentucky PTA meeting.

whatever.:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

whatever.:rolleyes:

Fracture: To split into parts ... Union and Rebel ... that then shoot at each other. Didn’t write “a Brexit like fracture”. Perhaps just drama ... but ... who would know ... the moron has opportunity and means to clarify.

• Like 1

I find it incredible that during the current Canadian election campaign a minor issue has become which states we would welcome as provinces if the US were to fracture. Highly contentious.

4 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I find it incredible that during the current Canadian election campaign a minor issue has become which states we would welcome as provinces if the US were to fracture. Highly contentious.

Florida?  Half of Quebec is here every winter. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, shubrook said:

Post image

You have friends Shu,

https://americanredoubt.com/

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I agree with this to a point.  But if we continue on the trajectory we have been for the last 20-30 years - we may see the first skirmishes of it in the next 50-100 years.  Especially if we get another big recession or actual depression. 

And I don't think the battle lines will be geographical at all.  It will be tribal.  IMHO, it is the states where the split is pretty even between red/blue is where the trouble will start first.  This won't be a traditional CW where it is blocs of states vs other blocs of states like 1865.  I think having solidly Red or Solidly Blue states makes this less likely not more likely.  It is the states where there are razor thin majorities one way or the other which are/will be the powder kegs of unrest.  

To answer the OP's question - I would say the chances of a CW is quite high eventually if something doesn't change soon.  

As if the fat fucks eating their 4 squares a day are going to start shooting. Ha!

On 9/30/2019 at 3:16 AM, dacapo said:

Robert Jeffries once said Jews are going to hell

perhaps his name should be Robert Jeffries Davis 

And muzslums, Mormons and anyone else who doesn’t believe  in the Jesus. 

14 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I agree with this to a point.  But if we continue on the trajectory we have been for the last 20-30 years - we may see the first skirmishes of it in the next 50-100 years.  Especially if we get another big recession or actual depression. 

And I don't think the battle lines will be geographical at all.  It will be tribal.  IMHO, it is the states where the split is pretty even between red/blue is where the trouble will start first.  This won't be a traditional CW where it is blocs of states vs other blocs of states like 1865.  I think having solidly Red or Solidly Blue states makes this less likely not more likely.  It is the states where there are razor thin majorities one way or the other which are/will be the powder kegs of unrest.  

To answer the OP's question - I would say the chances of a CW is quite high eventually if something doesn't change soon.  

What do you suppose the Trumpista's will shoot at?  I'm having a hard time figuring out what their battle strategery might be. Who or what do they Second Amendment? Assassination doesn't qualify as CW IMO.  It's got to be an institution of some kind.   

57 minutes ago, Mark K said:

What do you suppose the Trumpista's will shoot at?  I'm having a hard time figuring out what their battle strategery might be. Who or what do they Second Amendment? Assassination doesn't qualify as CW IMO.  It's got to be an institution of some kind.   

Micro-brew pubs. Well known commie hangouts. Guys with beards yo. Women who don’t shave. 

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

Why assume a battle strategy.  Take a few right wing Trumpistas, arm them to the teeth and they will point themselves at Senators, Congresspeople, Governors, state legislators, mayors, city council people all who are seen as the enemy.