The debate over assault weapons

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tom, please recall that most of us stopped being polite to you after you humorously called for the regulation of Dodge Challengers like the one used in the Charlottesville murder.  It's crypto-Na

And keep the guns locked up or in your possession.  Kids have friends who come over.

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe? Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wa

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Ah, the morning of Christmas Eve. I count three skid marks in the toilet bowl.  

Your apparent lack of domestic hygiene is preferably best discussed elsewhere. 

I count three bad-faith discussion guys. All the low-lifes show up to discuss a sensitive topic, the achievement of racial equality. 

And you are clueless, you need a definition of race-baiting. Right.

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

I count three bad-faith discussion guys. All the low-lifes show up to discuss a sensitive topic, the achievement of racial equality. 

And you are clueless, you need a definition of race-baiting. Right.

In my case, yes.

Please define race baiting? It’s not something that I’ve ever come across in my life, or at the least, I’m not aware of it. 

Though that maybe due to a generational thing along with a very different background of living overseas. 

8 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Tom and Taney.JPG

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe?

Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wasn't what you intended?

If that is the case, perhaps you should of explained what you meant instead of letting this go on for years.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

YEARS. Really?

Yes.

In various forms it’s been going on for years, I’m guilty of just scanning them quickly and basically ignoring them. 

However, it’s maybe time for Jo to explain this and his other posting habits here. Though I doubt that will ever happen. 

Getting back to the thread topic,

Mass Shooting In Missouri

Officers responded to 1042 West College Street Sunday morning around 3:30 regarding several people shot. Officers immediately found two victims on the floor. Emergency crews transported them to a hospital.

Officers later received word from both Mercy and Cox South Hospitals that more victims from that same party came in for treatment. The victims include five women and three men. One woman is in critical condition. None of the other victims suffered life-threatening injuries.

Police say they do not have a suspect in the shootings identified at this time. Based on evidence at the scene, they think there were at least two shooters involved.

8 is way more than four, so that one provides twice the normal reason to DO SOMETHING

Unlike the last four mass shootings, the one on Christmas Eve involved fatalities.

Mass Shooting In Louisiana

A Christmas Eve shooting outside a bar in Lutcher left two men dead and two wounded, one of them a 15-year-old boy, the St. James Parish sheriff said Tuesday.

The shooting took place near the Neighborhood Lounge on Main Street, where hundreds of people were gathered on Christmas Eve following the bonfires along the Mississippi River levee, Sheriff Willy Martin Jr. said during a news conference at the scene Tuesday afternoon.

"We all ought to be rejoicing and singing 'Joy to the World,' and here we are on a sad day dealing with crimes like this," Martin said.

The two deceased victims were cousins. One of them was a college football player.

No motive or suspects had been uncovered as of Tuesday afternoon, but investigators believe the shooting may be related to a rift between young men in the communities of Lutcher and Convent, Martin said.

“We don’t know what aggravated the situation that night where guns started getting brandished and shots fired,” Martin said.

The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information about the crime to come forward.

Investigators may need information to find the perpetrators, but we already have all the necessary information for a common sense legislative response.

Four is four. DO SOMETHING.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, bpm57 said:
On 12/24/2018 at 3:39 AM, jocal505 said:

I am here to announce the winne.  RACEBAITER OF THE YEAR, 2018 goes to Tom Ray

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe?

You tell me what it is. You are DeadEye Dick, maybe you noticed some, or not. But you use the plural, and one post of 12,000 has become the tool of a certain type of person. Dabs was flicked while being less offensive, IMO, but our community deserves Tom, I guess. He has found a place where his race-baiter habit is acceptable. Again, I'm in a lawn chair, studying the culture of the deep south I fear.

If that is the case, perhaps you should of explained what you meant

I've explained it thirty times. So if you think this extended race-baiter bit has worth and merit for you, then just line up, and continue. The first amendment will sort you out your elk.

Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wasn't what you intended?

Each reader will see this for himself... and I am just fine with that. 

instead of letting this go on for years.

Have a Merry Christmas, but go to the source, bpm. 

A race-baiter source in our community, named Tom Ray, has obviously initiated, controlled, and manipulated this situation for some years, with much smarminess. His agenda is supported, and is successful in dumbing the racial discussion down, to be no higher than Judge Taney, which is a pretty low bar. The guy can't discuss MLK in non-gun terms, which confirms the commitment to the low bar. The race-baiting is a symptom of something else, something real, and something limited to a base level.

Given Mr. Ray's consistency, and the posts that trigger his red race-baiting, he may feel threatened. But our forums now feature ongoing  race-baiting, starring Tom Ray.  I give a few of you column inches, for your race-baiting. I admit that.  I don't mind when you identify yourselves.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:52 AM, mad said:

Please define race baiting? It’s not something that I’ve ever come across in my life, or at the least, I’m not aware of it.

You are coming across like a dumbass now. What is this stupid shit, below? Hmmm, race-baiter red-ink samples collected and posted --- one month after Dylann.  That was long ago.

And 2018 saw red race-baiting on OCD, but you missed it, eh?

Tom Ray, on 25 Mar 2015 - 2:44 PM, said:

Black Panthers Encourage Firearms Proliferation

(…)

More proliferation.

SCLC Director urges blacks to arm themselves WHY ARE WE BASHING MLK'S CHURCH?

1. Tom Ray Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites.

How does that black gun violence amplifier work, anyway?

2.Post 390 May 5   Tom Ray, on 02 Apr 2015 - 1:26 PM, said:

Quote:

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites.

A twit like me can't see how the amplified and volatile desire for gunpower is working to create the problems you noted.

3.Post 400 May 7 Tom Ray Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

My guess: it has something to do with the hope that ...the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpowerpenispower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks.

4.Post 415, May 8 Tom Ray Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

I'm here to learn. Specifically, I'm eager to learn how the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. What is it about black people that make them more immature, more short-sighted, and more volatile when they are exposed to guns? Was it wise to deny MLK his permit because his melanin-rich skin made him more volatile than white people? You seem determined to preserve the ability to cops to engage in that kind of discrmination, so I want to learn why blacks are so darn dangerous in your view.

5. Post 417, May 8 Tom Ray Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

(To anarchist random) I'm just trying to learn more about black people from local expert Jocal. Obviously, there's nothing racist about this statement he made: the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks.

So I'm asking about it. Why is that bad? And by the way, what actions have you taken so far to eliminate Aussie Apartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own?

Are you certain you have''t noticed this same cheap @.22 Tom pattern, thru 2018? Does this pointless, racist-based shit suit you? Is it to be to be new normal? Really?

Below we find a valuable, current scholar, being dragged into race-baiting. But Adam WInkler can discuss the nuances and issues and progress and goals of the racial end of civil rights. He has a right to speak. In contrast, mad,  if Tom and Don Kates and Steven Halbrook have nothing to contribute (but gunplay and crude talk, and sad racebaiter innuendo), they should STFU.

Tom and Winkler.JPG

15 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

You are coming across like a dumbass now. What is this stupid shit, below? Hmmm, race-baiter red-ink samples collected and posted --- one month after Dylann.  That was long ago.

And 2018 saw red race-baiting on OCD, but you missed it, eh?

Are you certain you have''t noticed this same cheap @.22 Tom pattern, thru 2018? Does this pointless, racist-based shit suit you? Is it to be to be new normal? Really?

Below we find a valuable, current scholar, being dragged into race-baiting. But Adam WInkler can discuss the nuances and issues and progress and goals of the racial end of civil rights. He has a right to speak. In contrast, mad,  if Tom and Don Kates and Steven Halbrook have nothing to contribute (but gunplay and crude talk, and sad racebaiter innuendo), they should STFU.

Tom and Winkler.JPG

Yes Jo, I did miss all of this. Unlike you, I have far better things to do with my life than run around archiving stupid shit from a barely read forum. 

I suggest you do the same. 

Winkler is still one of my favorite grabbers.

On 2/22/2017 at 8:45 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Adam Winkler on banning mean-looking weapons.

Magazine Ban Won't Help

Americans have tried over and over to outlaw things that some insist are objectionable and others enjoy. Prohibition was repealed when its supporters realized that the disobeyed laws against alcohol brought the whole legal system into disrepute. The war on drugs is widely recognized as an abject failure. We haven't even been able to stop music file-sharing, which despite a 10-year effort by the recording industry is as popular as ever.

Like alcohol, drugs and file-sharing, guns — including the ones with large magazines — are here to stay. Gun policy is going to be more effective when we stop fighting against that simple fact.

Asked in an interview about mean looking weapons bans:

My own view is that there's no way to make assault rifle bans effective. It's an ineffective law, it's an ineffective goal, it's an ineffective policy that's mostly about symbolism and not about substance. The truth is assault weapons are used very infrequently in crimes. I think there is a grand total of about 300 people a year who die from rifles of any sort––assault or otherwise.

When the assault weapons ban was in effect, there was only one credible study of its impact, and that study found that it was not associated with any significant reduction of violence.

Why banning assault rifles won't reduce gun violence

we already know that banning assault weapons won't reduce gun crime or deaths. Worse, the bans may make it harder to enact more effective gun control laws.

The problem starts with the term itself. The “assault weapons” for sale in the U.S. now aren't really weapons of war.

America's gun debate suffers because of unreasonable, extreme positions taken by the NRA. But gun control advocates who push for bans on one kind of rifle primarily because it looks scary also contribute to the problem. Such bans don't reduce gun crime, but they do stimulate passionate opposition from law-abiding gun owners: Gun control advocates ridicule the NRA's claim that the government is coming to take away people's guns, then try to outlaw perhaps the most popular rifle in the country.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:12 PM, Blue Crab said:

YEARS. Really?

Yes,  really. For years, Tom has put some interesting issues on display. @.22 Tom  has danced around the race issue for years.

Tom has a thing. He likes to race-bait random, too. What do you make of it, Blue Crab?

26 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Yes,  really. For years, Tom has put some interesting issues on display. @.22 Tom  has danced around the race issue for years.

Tom has a thing. He likes to race-bait random, too. What do you make of it, Blue Crab?

You sound like Flynn.  He initially said his lying was due to entrapment.  You think your racist statements are due to racebaiting.

it’s SAD!

• Like 1

As above.

I can't be arsed to re-read old stuff.

Like your assertion that you were a key part of Slutkin's work a dozen years before he did it, readers have asked repeatedly for a simple "I overstated my relationship and timing of my street work," but you haven't done that that I'm aware of.

Tom is asking the same. In fact, you are making Tom look good.

Thanks for asking.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Below we find a valuable, current scholar, being dragged into race-baiting.

Are you ever going to post _your_ definition of "race-baiting", Joe? Because it doesn't seem to mesh with the dictionary definition.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Thinking of going a different direction with the "large cap" S&W Victory assault weapon.

Purple velour is so much more hip than straw.

s-l300.jpg

Nothing says "like an M-16" like a giant purple top hat on a plinking handgun, right?

1 minute ago, jocal505 said:

You need a party hat, and a roll-out party kazoo.

I thought you didn't like the hat?

Can you suggest a better one, that really says "like an M16" more clearly? Remember, it has to be large because I want a large cap assault weapon.

And if the threaded barrel has the large cap, where to attach the kazoo?

8 hours ago, bpm57 said:

it doesn't seem to mesh with the dictionary definition.

is there only one dictionary bpm? Do you get the internet, perhaps?

This is your journey, and other races share your lifeboat. I can't convince you of XYZ, and I don't bother. You are on your own.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Maybe if you and randumb weren’t so fucking blatantly racist- you two would be so easy to “bait”. Just saying. 

You must have an eye for spotting racists. You sound like a POS.

17 hours ago, jocal505 said:

is there only one dictionary bpm? Do you get the internet, perhaps?

This is your journey, and other races share your lifeboat. I can't convince you of XYZ, and I don't bother. You are on your own.

blah, blah, blah.

Still unable to define your go to phrase. Go figure.

I look forward to your cut-n-paste of someone elses work explaining the history of the phrase "race-baiting". It will have you hit a new low for avoiding a question - since it will not answer the difficult question "what do you think "race-baiting" means?"

...St. Charles police confirmed that three people were shot and killed at the home on Whetstone, and a fourth victim later died at the hospital from gunshot wounds sustained at the home. 

Zoe J. Kasten, 8, Jonathan Kasten, 10, and Jane Moeckel, 61, have been identified by police as the victims. A fourth victim, a 39-year-old woman, has not yet been positively identified.

Police said the 39-year-old woman was the mother of the two children found dead inside the home. Family members who spoke to News 4 identified the woman as Kate Kasten.

During a press conference, police said they believed Emery lived in the home and was Kasten's boyfriend.

The Major Case Squad has been called in to assist with the investigation. Helicopter and SWAT teams were also called to assist in the search for the suspect.

Hours later, detectives say Emery attempted to carjack a woman near DelaCroix, near Muegge Road. He was unable to start the woman's car and then stabbed the woman seven times. Her injuries were non-life threatening, according to police.  

Police took Emery in custody when they found him at a St. Charles QuikTrip. Workers at the convenience store called police when Emery, covered in blood, went into the bathroom.

That's four, so the answer is the same as it ever was: DO SOMETHING!

The stabbing probably indicates a need for Brit style knife control.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:04 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

“Sharper knife control”?  Does that mean that only dull knives are allowed in the UK?

I was always told as a kid that a dull knife was more dangerous. :huh:

12 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

That's four, so the answer is the same as it ever was: DO SOMETHING!

The stabbing probably indicates a need for Brit style knife control.

A whole family was wiped out, by a freaked=out step dad. Multiple family shootings have become pretty common. Most mass murder situations are domestic.

Nothing to see here, let's accept this and move on.

He there, mad. You asked was race-baiting is, and others did as well. Then you feigned ignorance.  Would you recognize it of you saw it?

Yo, asshole, Tom crapped on MLK's church the day after his openers here... He transferred his racebaiting from random to me, and extended it 3.5 years. I'd like your comment, though you are a blow hard.

TOM'S BRAIN ON APARTHEID 

RACEBAITER OF THE YEAR, 2015 @random

• March 24, 2015 (to random)...are you ever going to answer my question about AussieApartheid? 
  • March 24, 2015   (to random) Have you looked into solving AussieApartheid yet? Looks to me like your government is doing the same thing you denounce in ours.
  •  April 27, 2015  (to random) ...Have you fixed AussieApartheid yet? Seems like you have a lot of time for America's problems, so I assume you've fixed your own. How did you do it?
  •  May 8, 2015 (to random) ...what actions have you taken so far to eliminate AussieApartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own?
  •  May 24, 2015 (to random) ...What have you done so far to stop AussieApartheid, random?
  •  July 3, 2015 (to random)  ...He already solved that nasty AussieApartheid so he's moved on to fixing our country. How'd you do it, random?

On 12/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, Blue Crab said:

Joe, seriously, go buy a cheap laptop and start with a new handle. Forget guns. Ya got nutin more to add.

You don't get me, at all. And my voice from 2012 in now haunting the gun club. The gun situation is about to fall apart, and I am n the catbird seat. I predicted this.

• I am not here for the popularity factor. Such is freedom.
  • 2012 was when I predicted AW mayhem...as Tom ticked off a checklist for gun rights.
  • Tom's checklist folded with Moore vs Madigan, the day before Sandy Hook IMO
  • I have shown the specific flaws in Lott in Kleck, on Political Anarchy.
  • I have documented the falsehoods within Tom's bogus account of history. Big fun.
  • I have presenting the pattern of the court cases, in opposition to claims by others.
  • I have shown RTC to be the generator of crime, in opposition to claims by others.
  • I have shown the negative results is double digits a dozen different ways.
  • IMO, racebaiting, if any, is a precious gateway to understanding the benefits of both MLK and non-violence.

Political Anarchy is hard-scrabble stuff, mate. Blue Crab, seriously, I wouldn't change my position for the world.

Art contribution by Tom Ray, we both like to troll Dred Scott

dred, Tom's  racebaiter grand slam.JPG

On 12/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

Maybe if you and randumb weren’t so fucking blatantly racist- you two would be so easy to “bait”. Just saying. 

WTF Jeff. See Post 1014. 

7 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What exactly do you mean when you say:  "The gun situation is about to fall apart"??  By "fall apart", do you mean the SCOTUS is likely to hear some more gun cases and further solidify the expanded (or at least better defined) rights that started with Heller and have been continued with every case that has made its way to the top court???  That sort of "falling apart"???  

You are imagining. The court cases have a pattern, summed up by the Peruta outcome. In all your bloviating you did not addredd Darrel Miller, sir.

The NRA is in financial difficulty now, and they are my source. Yet they somehow channelled 33 million into the Trump Campaign.

• The NRA is so stupid then relied on a fraudster to lead them, he took the coffee machines away as they comp'd his mortgage
  • The doctors have their own lane, and they are somewhat organized.
  • The gun lobby is not a spring chicken now,  it's no longer a sucker for Libertarian bullshit at the SC level
  • Maria Butina fitted the "soft spy" category #3, mild stuff...but she told all.
  • And Torshin was Central Bank...which had an unknown address. $300,000 cash came in,, $95k from Russian banks.
  • Paul Erickson could spout Kremlim goals and mechanisms and tactics.
  • The Parkland kids will take your lunch money.
  • Fucking gun homicides spiked, in inner city demographics, 2018 showed the worst numbers since 1968 or so
  • Given that. and the regularity of mass shootings, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh cannot do their crooked deeds in light of day.
  • Those crooked deeds face REAL history wrt outdoor gunplay, since Scalia and Malcolm failed peer review. Read SAILING ANARCHY.
  • Kolbe, McD, and Heller each asked for a comprehensive look at history. You face that, with poor sourcing.
10 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What I find interesting (and telling) is that news reports of so called "mass shootings" never ever report the type of gun used unless its a semi-auto scary black rifle.  The vast majority of shootings (mass or otherwise) are handguns.  But seemingly, this piece of information is not newsworthy.  But let someone use an EBR and holy hell - that's all the newsies will talk about.  

Handguns used in >50% of all gun crime, I guess, just don't scream DO SOMETHING like the weapon used in <2% of the other cases.  

Hmmm. AW's have a shitty image, then they exude shitty results.  They are the logical extreme of weapons, so they are more vulnerable.

AW's are "vulnerable", so you are a victim now, eh?

But why are always you shitting on handguns? Baby steps first. But handguns will face serious attack soon, for cause. The crybabies will scream away, on PA. 

Lots of angst, Jeffipoo>

On 12/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

WTF Jeff. See Post 1014. 

Okay, you have identified random and me as racists. On what evidence? 

Do you consider the quotes in Post 1014, above, as race-baiting, or not?

Can you explain to us the benefit of your personal racebaiting?

51 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

By "fall apart", do you mean the SCOTUS is likely to hear some more gun cases and further solidify the expanded (or at least better defined) rights that started with Heller and have been continued with every case that has made its way to the top court???  That sort of "falling apart"???  

FACT: Your gun lobby voctories dried up in court. Peruta was said to be the perfect case, and the SC refused to give Peruta a gun outdoors, hased on un resigned fear.

FACT: Heller has been a blessing for GVP. Heller quoted widely, to support gun restrictions, including in Kolbe.

CLIFFNOTES TO THE KOLBE DECISION

P18 The military purchased AR-15's before they were named m-16's. More than 100,000 were purchased for the Army and Air Force, as AR-15's. Their introduction in Vietnam: Reports from that testing indicated that 'the very high-velocity AR-15 projectiles: had caused "amputatons of limbs, massive bodywounds, and decapitations."  '

P19 Fully automatic AR-15's empty their magazines in two seconds.

--In semi-automatic mode, it takes five seconds.

--Semi-automatic fire is more lethal, since it is taught as the mode of maximum effectiveness.

--The source the court quotes uses the figure  300 to 500 rounds per minute.

P 20 Bushmaster and Colt advertising is quoted. They say the guns are built to the military specs, and are the best for combat and battlefield situations.

P20 AW's are more lethal than  other guns, including other semi-automatic rifles…

P21  Mentions that the Miller decision rejected second amendment challenges against short barreled shotguns and machine gun.

P 23 Mentions that the average AW owner owes three of them. Aw's represent 3% of our weaponry, but only about 1% of our owners.

P24 31% to 41% of the murders of law officers happen with AW's.

As this court sits, the Dallas and Baton Rouge massacres are noted.

P25 Neither the plaintiffs nor Maryland LE could provide a single example where an AW's capabilities were needed for home defense.

P26 The NRA's magazine Armed Citizen says that 2.1 rounds are used in average home defense.

P27 Specific details are recounted about extended LCMs. While re-loading LCM's, escapes from massacres have occurred as well shooters being overpowered  during the reloading process.

P28. Plaintiffs have offered no evidence that AR-15 are distinguishable from their  military counterparts.

2018 court cases

State legislatures passed 69 gun violence prevention laws this year, versus nine that relaxed restrictions. The numbers come from an annual report by the gun reform group Giffords, an advance copy of which was provided to The New YorkTimes. “Red flag” laws and curbs on bump stocks were the most popular, as you might imagine, but the surge in new safety measures includes many bills that address everyday shootings: States passed 11 laws aimed at reducing gun access for domestic abusers, and nine addressing urban gun violence.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/daily-bulletin-parkland-sandy-hook-maria-butina/

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

He there, mad. You asked was race-baiting is, and others did as well. Then you feigned ignorance.  Would you recognize it of you saw it?

Yo, asshole, Tom crapped on MLK's church the day after his openers here... He transferred his racebaiting from random to me, and extended it 3.5 years. I'd like your comment, though you are a blow hard.

When Tom points out racism that’s bad, when you do it’s a  glory to MLK. 

You don't get me, at all. And my voice from 2012 in now haunting the gun club. The gun situation is about to fall apart, and I am n the catbird seat. I predicted this.

• I am not here for the popularity factor. Such is freedom.
  • 2012 was when I predicted AW mayhem...as Tom ticked off a checklist for gun rights.
  • Tom's checklist folded with Moore vs Madigan, the day before Sandy Hook IMO
  • I have shown the specific flaws in Lott in Kleck, on Political Anarchy.
  • I have documented the falsehoods within Tom's bogus account of history. Big fun.
  • I have presenting the pattern of the court cases, in opposition to claims by others.
  • I have shown RTC to be the generator of crime, in opposition to claims by others.
  • I have shown the negative results is double digits a dozen different ways.
  • IMO, racebaiting, if any, is a precious gateway to understanding the benefits of both MLK and non-violence.

Political Anarchy is hard-scrabble stuff, mate. Blue Crab, seriously, I wouldn't change my position for the world.

Art contribution by Tom Ray, we both like to troll Dred Scott

dred, Tom's  racebaiter grand slam.JPG

Congratulations on your huge victories. 

59 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Hmmm. AW's have a shitty image, then they exude shitty results.  They are the logical extreme of weapons, so they are more vulnerable.

AW's are "vulnerable", so you are a victim now, eh?

But why are always you shitting on handguns? Baby steps first. But handguns will face serious attack soon, for cause. The crybabies will scream away, on PA. 

Lots of angst, Jeffipoo>

AWs are the first step. Period. Real anti gun nuts know they are a minimum contributor to gun violence, but they are the easiest to demonize.  

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You are an adult now. What do you think?

It’s still very much correct, forcing a dull knife is far more likely to lead to an injury. 

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

TOM'S BRAIN ON APARTHEID 

RACEBAITER OF THE YEAR, 2015 @random

• March 24, 2015 (to random)...are you ever going to answer my question about AussieApartheid? 
  • March 24, 2015   (to random) Have you looked into solving AussieApartheid yet? Looks to me like your government is doing the same thing you denounce in ours.
  •  April 27, 2015  (to random) ...Have you fixed AussieApartheid yet? Seems like you have a lot of time for America's problems, so I assume you've fixed your own. How did you do it?
  •  May 8, 2015 (to random) ...what actions have you taken so far to eliminate AussieApartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own?
  •  May 24, 2015 (to random) ...What have you done so far to stop AussieApartheid, random?
  •  July 3, 2015 (to random)  ...He already solved that nasty AussieApartheid so he's moved on to fixing our country. How'd you do it, random

I haven’t feigned ignorance, simply that I haven’t seen it in my life. If you want to converse and ask for someone’s opinion then I’d suggest starting the conversation with ‘Yo, asshole’ and finishing with ‘you are a blowhard’ is probably not the best way to start. 

As for the above, they’re snips that you have compiled that may or may not be taken out of context.  In fact it’s impossible to read anything into this as there is no context. As regards AussieApartheid, this almost certainly relates to race relations in Australia regarding the aboriginals, there has been a long history of this, so it may well have been an applicable term for the conversation being had. 

Your habit of snipping so called quotes out of context as above is strangely reminiscent of Orwell’s 1984, where the party seek to alter history by subtly changing the context of the subject matter. 

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What I find interesting (and telling) is that news reports of so called "mass shootings" never ever report the type of gun used unless its a semi-auto scary black rifle.  The vast majority of shootings (mass or otherwise) are handguns.

Handguns are scary too. Just wait until you see my large cap assault weapon.

Joe didn't answer my question above, but I was thinking that after I screw a giant purple top hat onto the end of the barrel, the sights aren't going to do much good so I can mount the kazoo there. What do you think?

Mass Shooting In Ohio

District

Congressional District: 4
State Senate District: 12
State House District: 4

LIMA — One person is dead and three others wounded after a shooting at 904 S. Main St. in Lima.

That's all that is known at this time, but all one needs is the magical number 4 and legislative district information to advocate DOING SOMETHING.

21 hours ago, mad said:

I haven’t feigned ignorance, simply that I haven’t seen it in my life. If you want to converse and ask for someone’s opinion then I’d suggest starting the conversation with ‘Yo, asshole’ and finishing with ‘you are a blowhard’ is probably not the best way to start. 

As for the above, they’re snips that you have compiled that may or may not be taken out of context.  In fact it’s impossible to read anything into this as there is no context. As regards AussieApartheid, this almost certainly relates to race relations in Australia regarding the aboriginals, there has been a long history of this, so it may well have been an applicable term for the conversation being had. 

Your habit of snipping so called quotes out of context as above is strangely reminiscent of Orwell’s 1984, where the party seek to alter history by subtly changing the context of the subject matter. 

You saw the quotes, spread over four months. They are Tom's offerings, for some reason, and they show a pattern. If you want context, the five links are right there.

No discussion of rights occurred, just finger pointing from FL.

After the first two swipes at Australia, above, Tom did a segue to MLK's church, suggesting the Georgia chapter of the SCLC was adopting guns.

March 25, Post 65, Tom's racebaiter triple, re: the USA

But you don't notice any race-baiting "in your life."  Thanks my good man, you have demonstrated that you are a dishonest blow hard. 

6 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Georgia chapter of the SCLC was adopting guns.

I realize that reading comprehension isn't a thing for you Joe, but post #65 in that thread is a link to this:

https://www.rt.com/usa/241537-black-panther-arms-usa/

If you bothered to read it, it is about the Black Panthers, not the SCLC.

Mass Shooting In South Carolina

District

Congressional District: 2
State Senate District: 22
State House District: 78

Richland deputies are investigating three separate crime scenes after five people were shot at a nightclub Tuesday morning.

Investigators say they were called to Faces Lounge on Decker Boulevard around 6:20 a.m.

Officials say an argument led to the shooting. 

Deputy Cynthia Roldan, Richland County Sheriff's Department tells us they "Do have a person of interest but we don't have information to make available at this time."

As is often the case, no fatalities from this mass shooting, but five were injured, which is more than four, and we have the legislative district information. That's all that is needed to know the right answer: DO SOMETHING!

There was also a Mass Shooting In Florida

District

Congressional District: 5
State Senate District: 3
State House District: 8

Officers with the Tallahassee Police Department were dispatched to 2020 West Pensacola Street around 3:30 a.m. for reports of a shooting.

The police department says while officers were on their way to the scene, five gunshot victims arrived at local hospitals, all with non-life threatening injuries.

There is no word on what led up to the shooting or if a suspect is in custody.

Once again, no fatalities but five is more than four and the legislative district info is right there, making the need to DO SOMETHING as obvious as ever.

28 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jeebus, Joe..... you are not off to a stellar start to 2019.  Just saying.  

He wrote that in 2018. Now on the subject of not being off to a stellar start in 2019 ...

On 12/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, jocal505 said:

You saw the quotes, spread over four months. They are Tom's offerings, for some reason, and they show a pattern. If you want context, the five links are right there.

No discussion of rights occurred, just finger pointing from FL.

After the first two swipes at Australia, above, Tom did a segue to MLK's church, suggesting the Georgia chapter of the SCLC was adopting guns.

March 25, Post 65, Tom's racebaiter triple, re: the USA

But you don't notice any race-baiting "in your life."  Thanks my good man, you have demonstrated that you are a dishonest blow hard. 

Tom was quite rightly asking questions about Australia’s long and still occurring issues with the aboriginals, this isn’t race baiting, it’s merely asking a question or two, unpleasant a subject though it may be. 

As you have absolutely no idea about my background, upbringing or life, I’m not sure where you have come up with the conclusion that I’m dishonest. 

Race-baiting just isn’t something I have come across in my life and I’ve lived in a lot countries of differing racial and religious backgrounds. 

Maybe you can define what you see as race-baiting and I may recognise it as such. 

For someone who seemingly abhors violence, your increasing level of vitriol aimed at me is a little confusing. 

12 minutes ago, mad said:

Tom was quite rightly asking questions about Australia’s long and still occurring issues with the aboriginals, this isn’t race baiting, it’s merely asking a question or two, unpleasant a subject though it may be. 

You are defending obvious race-baiting. Flat out.

As you have absolutely no idea about my background, upbringing or life, I’m not sure where you have come up with the conclusion that I’m dishonest. 

Never mind background, let's do the here and now. You looked at blatant race-baiting, in a discussion of race-baiting, and then discussed other matters: context. The context is offered in links on two continents over four years mate.

You wanted a definition of race-baiting, which is not necessary within Tom's pattern. You are actively covering for Tom, for days.

Race-baiting just isn’t something I have come across in my life

So you have said, which makes you ignorant and/or dishonest.

You want as definition, really?  What is this?

dred, voting day 2018.JPG

9 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

You are defending obvious race-baiting. Flat out.

Never mind background, let's do the here and now. You looked at blatant race-baiting, in a discussion of race-baiting, and then discussed other matters: context. The context is offered in links on two continents over four years mate.

You wanted a definition of race-baiting, which is not necessary within Tom's pattern. You are actively covering for Tom, for days.

So you have said, which makes you ignorant and/or dishonest.

You want as definition, really?  What is this?

dred, voting day 2018.JPG

Jo, I’m not defending anything, how can I defend something that I don’t recognise. 

Maybe I am ignorant of what you define as race-baiting. Would you care to define it for me please? 

As for the picture above???? I have absolutely no idea what this means. 

Your lack of civility when faced with questions leads me to believe that you cannot actually answer them and become increasingly defensive and aggressive as part of your pattern of denial. 

Mass Shooting In Arizona

Sorry about the source. Inexplicably, the Gun Grabby Archive missed this mass shooting. They're usually so thorough.

One person is dead and three others are injured after they were shot by a resident of an Arizona home they were trying to burglarize, police said.

Four were shot. DO SOMETHING!

Getting back to the ones that are at least somewhat convenient and landed in the Gun Grabby Archive,

Mass Shooting In Arkansas

District

Congressional District: 1
State Senate District: 21
State House District: 58

Malcom Jemison, 16, of Jonesboro was fatally wounded. Three others — Quenterius Finch, 23; Cedric Finch, 28; and Chauncey Thomas, 21, all of Jonesboro — remained hospitalized on Thursday afternoon.

Waterworth said two unknown assailants entered the residence and began shooting.

Looks like a house that could have used the occupant of the house in the previous story.

Still, that's four and that's the magic number that means we must DO SOMETHING!

Mass Shooting In Texas

District

Congressional District: 14
State Senate District: 11
State House District: 23

A person of interest was taken into custody after three children were killed in a shooting Thursday night, according to police.

A woman was also injured in the shooting around 6:15 p.m. at the Pointe Ann Apartments at 1225 10th St. N. in Texas City, according to police.

The killer called the police, told them where he was, and waited for them to take him into custody.

But that doesn't solve the problem. Four is four. DO SOMETHING!

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Arizona

Sorry about the source. Inexplicably, the Gun Grabby Archive missed this mass shooting. They're usually so thorough.

Four were shot. DO SOMETHING!

Getting back to the ones that are at least somewhat convenient and landed in the Gun Grabby Archive,

Mass Shooting In Arkansas

Looks like a house that could have used the occupant of the house in the previous story.

Still, that's four and that's the magic number that means we must DO SOMETHING!

Mass Shooting In Texas

The killer called the police, told them where he was, and waited for them to take him into custody.

But that doesn't solve the problem. Four is four. DO SOMETHING!

You have posted about twelve gunshot survivors, in three incidents on the same day in the USA. Fruit Loops with gunz in the USA, and you propagandize it.

Such sustained ghoulishness. Just how is this supposed to make the Libertarians look good, in the morning, every day?

5 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Just how is this supposed to make the Libertarians look good, in the morning, every day?

To be honest, I could still use a little fashion advice.

After I screw a giant, purple top hat onto the barrel of a plinking handgun and thereby create a large cap assault weapon, do you think a kazoo in place of the rear sight would look good?

I want a large cap assault weapon that really makes a statement.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Its actually taken you THIS long to figure this out???  This has been his MO for years.  He rarely if ever answers a direct question.  I don't think he's actually thought most of this stuff through beyond his canned articles he's read.  He's more interested in regurgitating other people's work that he's never really sat down and thought through what they actually mean in the greater context.

Ah, a cacophony of noise, we want a definition of race-baiting, from Joe.

I have an easygoing race-baiter definition in mind. And MIriam Webster's more sophisticated definition of the term also works for me. (And I posted it. Once.)

But this is about whether the Jeffie-types blocking for a race-baiter (community members @mad, @chinabald@Blue Crab, @bpm57)  can spot race-baiting for themselves. And please remember, how we fine anarchists tolerate no bullshit.

Let's try it again. What do we call this pattern, on Political Anarchy?

On 12/30/2018 at 5:26 AM, jocal505 said:

TOM'S BRAIN ON APARTHEID 

RACEBAITER OF THE YEAR, 2015

• March 24, 2015 (to random)...are you ever going to answer my question about Aussie Apartheid? 
  • March 24, 2015   (to random) Have you looked into solving Aussie Apartheid yet? Looks to me like your government is doing the same thing you denounce in ours.
  •  April 27, 2015  (to random) ...Have you fixed Aussie Apartheid yet? Seems like you have a lot of time for America's problems, so I assume you've fixed your own. How did you do it?
  •  May 8, 2015 (to random) ...what actions have you taken so far to eliminate Aussie Apartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own?
  •  May 24, 2015 (to random) ...What have you done so far to stop Aussie Apartheid, random?
  •  July 3, 2015 (to random)  ...He already solved that nasty AussieApartheid so he's moved on to fixing our country. How'd you do it, random?

On 1/2/2019 at 6:39 AM, Shootist Jeff said:
On 12/30/2018 at 6:07 AM, jocal505 said:

Make up your fucking mind for once.  Which is it?  Is race-baiting good or bad?

Well, Jeff, in the end this bit is for others to decide. You are obviously an intellectual powerhouse around here. So tell us your thoughts on the racebaiter issue. Seriously. Go in to it for us.

12 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Well, Jeff, in the end this bit is for others to decide. You are obviously an intellectual powerhouse around here. So tell us your thoughts on the racebaiter issue. Seriously. Go in to it for us.

This is a gun masturbation thread.  Please take your racist self to the racebaiting thread.

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yoo Hoo. Señor perrito, Los mexicanos no están pagando por el muro.

6B5ABF23-EDD7-4591-AADA-33B7581FAB90.jpeg

OMG! The hat of my dreams. Combines all the best "large cap" features of the sombrero and the purple top hat into one! Where do I get one?

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

OMG! The hat of my dreams. Combines all the best "large cap" features of the sombrero and the purple top hat into one! Where do I get one?

You need buttplugs, on Political Anarchy. Look up your ass, Pooplius.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Its not MY job to decipher your ramblings joey.  Why do you say race-baiting is the precious gateway to understanding MLK and non-violence but then continually accuse others of race-baiting as if its a very bad thing???  

So which is it?  Is race-baiting good or bad?

Race baiting is detestable, IMO. It makes a detestable statement, which becomes a learning moment...for others.  

Now, stop humping on my leg already, about race-baiting, and give us your opinion of it. And do you consider yourself a practitioner of this behavior?

21 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

And do you consider yourself a practitioner of this behavior?

Since you have accused everyone who questioned you about race-baiting to _be_ race-baiters, how about perhaps, maybe, finally you could answer the question "what do you think "race-baiting" means?"

Since it clearly doesn't appear in any dictionary the rest of us have read.

I was thinking of going a Texan direction with my large cap assault weapon build. You know, bigger is better, biggest is bestest.

So I found the largest cap in the world.

1189038?width=780&height=497

The largest sambalilo hat is 13.05 m (42 ft 9.7 in) in diameter, created by the Municipality of Cavinti (Philippines) and measured in Cavinti, Laguna, Philippines, on 1 August 2016.

The height of the hat is 2 metres and the width of the central dome is 3 metres.

Wow. The logistics just got complex. Do I screw that thing onto the barrel or screw the gun onto the large cap?

In other "assault" weapon banning news,

Mass Shooting In Texas

District

Congressional District: 18
State Senate District: 15
State House District: 139

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said a 32-year-old man was being dropped off at his sister's home by a friend when he got out of the vehicle and shot the 23-year-old with no warning. Acevedo said the man's other friend got out a second vehicle and shot him several times in the legs and shot his brother in the front yard of his sister's home.

Well, that's clear as mud, but the details don't matter. The legislative district info is there. Four were shot. DO SOMETHING!

Mass Shooting In Virginia

District

Congressional District: 5
State Senate District: 15
State House District: 16

Deputies with the Pittsylvania County Sheriff's Office says that Twana Rhodes Davis, 42, Jason Owen Davis, 44 and a 12-year-old juvenile with initials "RKD" were found dead inside of the home on 3197 Shula Drive. All three lived at the residence.

Two others were injured in this matter -- 64-year-old Patricia R. Poindexter and Deborah I. Rhodes, 62. Patricia Poindexter is the mother of Twana Rhodes Davis and Deborah Rhodes is Twana's aunt.

Deputies say upon arrival that a firearm was found near the body of Jason O. Davis and have reason to believe that he was the shooter in this case.

That's four, not counting the shooter. Of course, when people self-murderize themselves with a gun, that's a reason to DO SOMETHING as well, so I guess this incident provides two sets of such reasons.

Washington State Initiative 1639, which does have a pretty reasonable rule on transfers, has one of the most expansive definitions of "assault" rifle I have seen. Plus some inexplicable propaganda about corporate personhood that must have been snuck in there by evil libertarians.

(20) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company,
association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint
stock company, or other legal entity.

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which
utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract
the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which
requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
"Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms,
any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any
firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide
action.

So the only legal and operational semiauto's would be antiques. Any other semiauto rifle is an "assault" weapon. All the rhetoric about banning military weapons from our streets was just the usual crap designed to disguise a broad ban on ordinary guns.

I guess Joe destroyed his assault weapon just in the nick of time.

The large Sambalilo cap is going to present too much of a storage problem. It's 2' bigger than the long dimension of my Boatport and I'm not displacing boats for a silly hat anyway.

So I got a new idea for my large cap assault weapon:

A Mixed Rasta Style War Bonnet!

indian_headdress_-_large_-_rasta_duck_ro

Awesome on so many levels. The Rasta part will irritate drug warriors. It's definitely a large cap. And it's made for war, like an M16!

21 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Since you have accused everyone who questioned you about race-baiting to _be_ race-baiters, how about perhaps, maybe, finally you could answer the question "what do you think "race-baiting" means?"

Since it clearly doesn't appear in any dictionary the rest of us have read.

What he really means is racist baiting. As in he feels that he has been baited with his own racist words. 

12 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

The image name says it's a Remington 7400 and the related Wiki page shows it as a carbine in .270. Are we allowed to say .270?

Yup. Until you go trolling the forum with nonstop .270 references.  Then it’s back to dogballs

• Downvote 2
6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

A big chunk of the ideology of the Reich is that they just loves them some corporate oligarchy. 

The word "corporation" appears nowhere in the US constitution. The founders well knew what they were, 

and hated them (see Hudson's Bay) 

Corporations are not people - how could any sane person want them involved in electoral politics? 

So can I presume that you oppose Washington State Initiative 1639?

It's got that bullshit about corporations being people right in the referendum that voters passed, so...

On 1/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Washington State Initiative 1639, which does have a pretty reasonable rule on transfers, has one of the most expansive definitions of "assault" rifle I have seen. Plus some inexplicable propaganda about corporate personhood that must have been snuck in there by evil libertarians.

(20) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company,
association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint
stock company, or other legal entity.

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which
utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract
the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which
requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
"Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms,
any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any
firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide
action.

So the only legal and operational semiauto's would be antiques. Any other semiauto rifle is an "assault" weapon.

I'm glad to have someone join me in opposition here. It would be even nicer if someone recognized that they've banned ordinary varmint rifles and said the grabberz have gone too far, but I understand this violates the TeamD taboo against saying anything bad about a gun control policy or advocate.

So whatever, if you join me in opposition for a different reason, it's still all good.

Mass Shooting In New Mexico

District

Congressional District: 2
State Senate District: 33
State House District: 59

A Roswell man was arrested Sunday afternoon in connection with a shooting that left four people wounded.

Isaac Ray Chavez Jr., 22, was arrested Sunday on charges of aggravated battery, aggravated assault and for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The shooting occurred at a residence in the 1300 block of West College Boulevard during a party Sunday. Police arrived at 2:10 a.m. in reference to several reports of shots fired, the press release states.

Witnesses reported that the shooting began when two men were fighting in front of the house and one man pulled out a gun and shot the other man, according to the release.

No one was killed and, like most mass shootings, this one doesn't seem politically convenient enough to get its own thread, but four is still four so it goes onto the Gun Grabby Archives' list of reasons to DO SOMETHING. Gotta make that list looooong, even if most of the incidents are decidedly inconvenient.

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

last I fucking checked dishonest Tom I don't get to deduct many of my expenses, because I'm not the kind of corporate "person" you fellate.

Oh boy, another opponent of that absurd Washington State initiative!

AJ Oliver and I welcome you to the club!

I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.ed028e4e20e2

By the time we published our project, I didn't believe in many of the interventions I'd heard politicians tout. I was still anti-gun, at least from the point of view of most gun owners, and I don't want a gun in my home, as I think the risk outweighs the benefits. But I can't endorse policies whose only selling point is that gun owners hate them. Policies that often seem as if they were drafted by people who have encountered guns only as a figure in a briefing book or an image on the news.

In other words, by people only interested being seen as DOING SOMETHING!

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

In other words, by people only interested being seen as DOING SOMETHING!

That's nothing new. It was that way back when W said he would sign another scary looking weapons ban and the idea enjoyed broad Duopoly support. I guess maybe you weren't paying attention back then?

3 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

That's nothing new. It was that way back when W said he would sign another scary looking weapons ban and the idea enjoyed broad Duopoly support. I guess maybe you weren't paying attention back then?

No I wasn’t paying attention back then and already told you that. I was a bit busy at the time. 

14 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No I wasn’t paying attention back then and already told you that. I was a bit busy at the time. 

You told me once. How can you consider that adequate?

By contrast, I posted countless times in this thread and this one, to name two examples, objecting to "assault" weapons bans that don't cover rimfire guns before you questioned whether I would do what I've been doing for years.

Tell me over and over for years and I'll get the message, I promise.

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

You told me once. How can you consider that adequate?

By contrast, I posted countless times in this thread and this one, to name two examples, objecting to "assault" weapons bans that don't cover rimfire guns before you questioned whether I would do what I've been doing for years.

Tell me over and over for years and I'll get the message, I promise.

Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn.  

On 1/4/2019 at 5:44 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Arizona

They still haven't noticed that one so I made an effort to help. Gotta keep those mass shooting numbers UP!

MassShootingAZ.jpg