The debate over assault weapons

Mass Shooting In Pennsylvania

District

Congressional District: 12
State Senate District: 34
State House District: 77

...shot and killed a man...inside the bar.

A man and a woman were also shot inside the bar and were rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

Authorities said Witmer drove away from the bar, crashed his car, and then broke into a home. Once inside, they said he shot and killed the homeowner before shooting and killing himself.

That's four in one general, but two specific, locations, and that's good enough for the universal SOLution: DO SOMETHING.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tom, please recall that most of us stopped being polite to you after you humorously called for the regulation of Dodge Challengers like the one used in the Charlottesville murder.  It's crypto-Na

And keep the guns locked up or in your possession.  Kids have friends who come over.

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe? Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wa

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Yup ban ammo a la the Israeli model.  Will take a decade to work through the existing inventory but will be very effective.

Gaytor, good luck with that passing Constitutional muster.  If the SC's Heller decision said that DC's law forcing making a self-defense weapon unusable be having it disassembled in the home was un-Connie, and the Ezell vs shitcago decision that said having a requirement to qualify on a shooting range but then all the shooting ranges were banned is Un-Connie too - I'm betting that a ban on ammo such that it makes armed self-defense impossible will similarly be held as Un-Connie.

BTW - Gaytor - you've been saying this exact same quote for years now.  Are you still denying that FikeNeuse is not a sock of Bull Gaytor?  

8 hours ago, Lark said:

Second one for the week in Louisiana.    Killed 5 including his parents,.   https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/26/us/louisiana-shootings/index.html

Due to higher then normal prayer volume, it is suggested you withhold your thoughts and prayers until the gun is pried from his cold dead hands.   That way you know the final tally has been achieved and only have to pray once.   

You forgot to include legislative district information and suggest a SOLution. DO SOMETHING!

That was one of three mass shootings yesterday. Oddly, that one didn't make the Gungrabby Archive. These did:

Mass Shooting In Indiana

District

Congressional District: 7
State Senate District: 34
State House District: 98

Five people are injured after a shooting at a bar on Indianapolis' east side Saturday morning.

IMPD officers say a man was told to leave the Brotherman Bar and Tavern near the intersection of North Sherman and 30th Street Saturday morning. That man later came back to the bar and shot at five people around 2 a.m., according to police.

Gee, another late night conflict at another bar, and another mass shooting in which no one was killed. The obvious lesson: DO SOMETHING!

Mass Shooting In Georgia

District

Congressional District: 2
State Senate District: 12
State House District: 154

The call came in around 12: 30 a.m.

According to the police department, the first responding officer saw Devontra Walker, 23, on the ground in front of the residence. He had been shot in the knee.

Another victim, Quentin Isler, 24, was also on the ground in front of the residence by the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.

Both men were treated by EMS and taken to Phoebe for treatment.

Officers responded to the emergency room after being notified that two other gunshot victims arrived for treatment, according to police.

There is no update on the victims' conditions at this time but injuries did not appear to be life threatening, according to investigators.

Albany police are looking for a black male, wearing a gray hoodie and armed with an unknown type of handgun.

The unknown handgun was most likely an assault weapon like this one:SWVictoryFlower.jpg

So the SOLution is the same as always: DO SOMETHING!

On 1/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, Shootist Jeff said:
On 1/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, dogballs Tom said:

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which
utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract
the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which
requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
"Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms,
any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any
firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide
action.

Some examples of WA "assault rifles".

Remington_7400_with_etching.jpg

Rifle.png?itok=S1kkYNcC

Uh oh. Washington State seems to have Uncooperative Sheriffs.

Kristen Ellingboe, from Washington’s Alliance for Gun Safety, which has long campaigned for more firearms restrictions, said that “for a long time our elected officials thought that gun violence protection was somehow controversial, but they have been behind where the people of Washington are on this issue”.

But like other west coast states, Washington exhibits a deep cultural and political divide between its populous, coastal cities and its more sparsely populated rural hinterland.

I-1639 passed on a roughly 60-40 split; in the big, blue counties west of the Cascade Mountains, such as King county, where Seattle is located, the margins were even bigger.

However, 27 of Washington’s 39 counties rejected the ballot measure. Many of those counties are in the state’s more rural, sparsely populated districts.

It is in these counties that many – including sworn officers – are promising to resist the laws.

On this resistance to the new wave of gun restrictions in Washington, Ellingboe, the gun safety campaigner, said that “it’s disappointing that the gun lobby is trying to undermine the will of Washington voters”.

Firearms restrictions are synonymous with gun safety and the voters in 27 of 39 counties don't county because they're nutty and go out into their yards and plink away with assault weapons.

22 hours ago, Contumacious Tom said:

Firearms restrictions are synonymous with gun safety and the voters in 27 of 39 counties don't county because they're nutty and go out into their yards and plink away with assault weapons.

I think you meant "Contumacious Sheriffs".  

On 1/27/2019 at 3:24 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

That was one of three mass shootings yesterday.

Make it four.

Mass Shooting In New Jersey

District

Congressional District: 10
State Senate District: 28
State House District: 28

Rapidly responding police units arrived at the scene found the victims down on the ground near the intersections where about 100 people gathered to light candles for crash victims Quadre Robinson, 17 and Mr. Quayim Battle, 19 who both were killed after they occupied a stolen vehicle that slammed into two poles then a house at around 5:20 a.m. Friday.

Wow, it's really unfortunate when you just happen to be occupying a car and it gets stolen and crashed by forces unknown.

As of 4:22 a.m. Sunday, The Essex County Prosecutor's Office has not confirmed any fatalities.

Newark Police are looking for a black male suspect who arrived in the area wearing dark clothing and began firing the gun at unknown targets according to reports.

The motive for the shooting remains under investigation and the suspect remains at-large.

Police always go on and on about motives and suspects but the critical information is known. Four were shot. We have the legislative district info. DO SOMETHING!

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I did, but had not yet learned the word when I made that post.

Mass Shooting In Alabama

District

State Senate District: 19
State House District: 55

The victims include four adults who were rushed to UAB Hospital and a juvenile who was taken to Children’s of Alabama.

The suspect began firing at a Dodge Avenger occupied by the victims and continued shooting for several blocks. The vehicle finally came to a stop in the 1400 block of 45th Street in Ensley.

“We’ve got to get the community to get involved,” Williams told Robinson. “They were after someone. You don’t just randomly go shooting a group of people.”

The community is involved, whether they like it or not, in the drug war. At least, that's my guess and I'd do something about it.

But a yuge majority know a simple SOLution, applicable any time the number of victims is four or more: DO SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Texas

Four Houston police officers have been wounded, and one injured, in a shooting in southeast Houston while serving a narcotics warrant.

Two suspects are dead. But they don't count. Still, the total is five, which is more than four, so the SOLution is the same as it ever was: DO SOMETHING. Oh, and keep voting for Duopoly drug warriors when you could choose another path.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:19 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Sigh

Sigh indeed.

You know what will happen next time there's a politically convenient shooting, right?

"Look at ALL these mass shootings that happen ALL the time! We must DO SOMETHING!!!"

They don't put the link but they're always thinking of and praying for the same old result.

Well, OK, let's do look at ALL these mass shootings, carefully tracked in the Gungrabby Archive so there will be a nice, big number to report next time. And when I look at them, I see bar fights, the stupid drug war, domestic problems, and absolutely nothing that indicates a need to ban my wife's squirrel shooter.

Sigh.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, Mike in Seattle said:

It uses either a 335 lb AP or a 260 lb HE round through a 36 foot barrel.

Tom;

And I already found just the accessory to make something on that scale into a large cap assault weapon

I am not a fan of flower or hat muzzle accessories.

( FINALLY  we get to the real "debate" part,, )

nope, don't like 'em,, they mess up the clean simple elegant lines.

, and one other thing, I just don't think putting a sombrero on an 8"/55  is even gonna WORK

Seventy eight POUNDS of powder  makes for a  "Spirited" muzzle flash 

USS_Helena_(CA-75)_gunfire.jpg

,  but I don't want to seem like a reactionary,  , so maybe a "meet in the middle" compromise ?

Howzabout,  make a stand to hold that bigass sombrero to shade the turret instead,,  with the brim about 8~10 feet up, 

, bolt some assault lawn chairs on the turret ,  and it will be the "best seats in the house" for target shooting at 17 miles with the 335 lb AP round.

Also, may I bring up the sporting potentials

Consider this;  

The famous German 88 sent a 3.46 inch 17 pound HE projectile almost 35,000 vertical feet, to deadly effect.

The sweetheart 8"/55   sends 260 pounds of HE and with 41 degrees elevation, ,   skeet shooting takes on a whole new meaning.

( I had seen the "flaming spiral bomber" footage before, but the above film was the first with the very eerie sound )

Oh, Wait! almost forgot.

,, needs refrigerator bolted within arms reach of the assault lawn chairs.

, and something along the lines of the tubular feed magazine,  so the fridge never runs out of beer.

Debate;

Should a sombrero be on the muzzle? 

, or the turret for shade 

5 hours ago, Contumacious Tom said:

Sigh indeed.

You know what will happen next time there's a politically convenient shooting, right?

"Look at ALL these mass shootings that happen ALL the time! We must DO SOMETHING!!!"

They don't put the link but they're always thinking of and praying for the same old result.

Well, OK, let's do look at ALL these mass shootings, carefully tracked in the Gungrabby Archive so there will be a nice, big number to report next time. And when I look at them, I see bar fights, the stupid drug war, domestic problems, and absolutely nothing that indicates a need to ban my wife's squirrel shooter.

Sigh.

The squirrels object and so do I.

• Downvote 1
33 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Debate;

You make a good point about the need for shade and about the large cap being incinerated.

As far as the thread topic goes, a threaded barrel is the mark of an assault weapon. Someone must have put some threads someplace along 36 feet of barrel, right? I'm pretty sure it's an assault weapon regardless of position of the large cap.

15 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Mid, if the NRA hadn't have taken Russian money and re-distributed it to Jeff's boy Shitstain would that have prevented ANY of these murders? Ya got nothin. Admit it, we sleep soundly protected on a bed of freedom provided by the 2A. Far from questioning that protection, we should be grateful for these brave warriors with their Hi Cap mags. Or is it clips. I can never remember.

The correct term is large cap. Like this:

On 12/26/2018 at 10:47 PM, Contumacious Tom said:

Thinking of going a different direction with the "large cap" S&W Victory assault weapon.

Purple velour is so much more hip than straw.

s-l300.jpg

Nothing says "like an M-16" like a giant purple top hat on a plinking handgun, right?

Mass Shooting In Chicago

District

Congressional District: 1
State Senate District: 3
State House District: 5

Two people were killed and five others were wounded after a drive-by shooter unleashed a hail of gunfire at a crowd outside Reynold’s Lounge early Sunday morning on the South Side.

The shooting unfolded at 2:01 a.m. when at least one person inside a silver-colored Ford began firing at people gathered in front of the bar at 938 E. 75th St. in Grand Crossing, according to Chicago police. The group had spilled outside after a fight started inside the bar.

Gee, another late night bar fight.

Mass Shooting In San Diego

District

Congressional District: 51
State Senate District: 39
State House District: 79

San Diego Police are investigating a shooting that injured four people after a fight at an Encanto house party late Friday.

Four people were shot just before 12 a.m. Saturday, according to police, after a fight at the house party in the 6800 block of Springfield Street.

Gee, another late night house party fight.

Neither of those seems particularly convenient for gungrabby purposes so I expect I will once again be the only one to offer thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:29 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Texas

Four Houston police officers have been wounded, and one injured, in a shooting in southeast Houston while serving a narcotics warrant.

Two suspects are dead. But they don't count. Still, the total is five, which is more than four, so the SOLution is the same as it ever was: DO SOMETHING. Oh, and keep voting for Duopoly drug warriors when you could choose another path.

Apparently the police went into the house, shot the dog, and were then ambushed.

They didn't find the heroin that was the subject of the raid.

They seem awfully shy about releasing any body cam footage of the raid, in particular the part where they knocked and announced their presence prior to entering and shooting the dog.

Another very questionable drug war raid.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:42 AM, Mike in Seattle said:

Debate;

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

You make a good point about the need for shade and about the large cap being incinerated.

:)  meeting in the middle here,,

I could tow a barge full of sombreros  to replace the ones that get incinerated.

You could even use pressure treated poles to build the stand for the shade sombrero on the turret.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

As far as the thread topic goes, a threaded barrel is the mark of an assault weapon. Someone must have put some threads someplace along 36 feet of barrel, right?

I couldn't find anything about 8"/55  barrel being threaded. 

It doesn't even use the multi diameter interrupted thread at the breach like most other assault artillery. 8"/55 uses a slide breech.

From the manufacturing and assembly standpoint,  I think it's more likely clamped into the mount.

That would make it a target and sporting rifle.

Not guilty #1105

2018 Mt. Lion season closed 31 Dec at sunset.

, and re-opened on 01 Jan into April.

So,  I've been lurking around the edges of the snow with my hunting  Rifal.   ( Win. 150 gr  "Power Point"  in the mag )

I haven't seen any lion tracks, but I did find a patch of yellow snow.

, I'm not making any accusations,, but mid is known to pee his panties a lot.

3 hours ago, Contumacious Tom said:

Apparently the police went into the house, shot the dog, and were then ambushed.

They seem awfully shy about releasing any body cam footage of the raid, in particular the part where they knocked and announced their presence prior to entering and shooting the dog.

I'd fucking shoot the cops too if they shot my dog for no good reason!!!  

58 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I think if someone came into my house uninvited, my dogs might just give them good reason to shoot.

Gotta go back a step. They're coming in uninvited why again? Oh, the stupid drug war and the nonexistent heroin. Those were the reasons for the warrant.

18 hours ago, Contumacious Tom said:
19 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I think if someone came into my house uninvited, my dogs might just give them good reason to shoot.

Gotta go back a step. They're coming in uninvited why again? Oh, the stupid drug war and the nonexistent heroin. Those were the reasons for the warrant.

Same here.... my GSD would go fucking ballistic at any uninvited fuckwith who kicked the door down.  The good news is his radar is so good, they would be unlikely to be able to come close to the house before he started going nutz.  That dog was amazing, I tellz ya.

21 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What if they were clearly labeled as cops? You know, with lettering like this:

HPD-body-armor.jpg?h=200&w=300

whatever the officers' appearance, the no-knock "dynamic" entry was reckless, especially in light of Houston's recent experience with armed robberies committed by criminals disguised as cops. There have been several such incidents in recent years, including at least three home invasions in late 2013; two shootings, one of them fatal, on the same evening in 2016; a 2017 attack in which "four men wearing tactical gear ordered people on the ground, attacked them, and then ransacked the house"; and motel-room robberies last year.

12 minutes ago, mad said:

That opens up all sorts of issues with a no-knock entry!! What do you do to counteract that?

I think the author got is wrong and it was actually a "knock and announce" raid, but it's questionable whether there was an announcement until the bodycam footage surfaces.

What do I do? There's a thread about it. Whether an actual "no knock" or a "knock once, flatten the door, possibly yell police" raid, the purpose is to preserve evidence so we can win our stupid drug war.

I'd abandon the stupid drug war and approach addiction the way Portugal has been doing it successfully.

Mass Shooting In DC

District

Congressional District: 98
State Senate District: 7

Four men and a child were hurt Monday evening when someone opened fire on a bus stop in Southeast D.C.

At 5:15 p.m., police report an African-American man, about six feet tall, with shoulder-length dreadlocks, was walking past a crowded bus stop at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Minnesota Avenue S.E. when he began shooting.

Four men were hit by bullets and a young girl was cut by broken glass.

TnP of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Louisiana

District

State Senate District: 14
State House District: 67

Police say the shooting happened around 3:20 a.m. in the 4000 block of Topeka Street near Weller Avenue.

Police say four victims suffered non-life threatening injuries. As of now, police say the victims have not been cooperative with officers.

Glad no one was killed in either of these mass shootings.

As of now, libertarians say, "stupid drug war again."

TnP of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Texas

District

Congressional District: 35
State Senate District: 19
State House District: 119

The suspect kicked in the door to the apartment and fired several shots at the people inside before running away.

A man and woman, who police said were in their late 30s or early 40s, died at the scene, McManus said.

Two other women were injured and taken to area hospitals, the chief said.

McManus said police are working on a description of the suspect, a man estimated to be about 6 feet tall.

“It's safe to say that this was not a random act,” he said.

Not random, but four is four so thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In New York

District

Congressional District: 8
State Senate District: 25
State House District: 56

NYC Scanner @NYScanner

Brooklyn: 1778 Fulton St, Crime scene being established in regards to 4 people shot, 1 Aided in serious condition.

7:35 PM - 6 Feb 2019

Obviously, little was known at the time that the Gungrabby Archive researched this incident, but the critical legislative district information is there along with the number four and the word shot, so thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Ohio

District

Congressional District: 11
State Senate District: 21
State House District: 10

According to Cleveland EMS, 28-year-old Jayvon J. Holmes was found dead at the scene. Police say he was shot multiple times.

Three other men were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center after each having been shot multiple times.

Luis Rivera, 33, and Keeton Marshall, 18, were listed in critical condition. 32-year-old Martin Davis was listed in serious condition.

Police say they recovered drugs and a handgun while on scene.  They have not released any information on the shooting or possible suspects.

Gee, might just be the stupid drug war again.

But four is four, so TnP of DOING SOMETHING.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:31 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Texas

Looking More Questionable

Citing "three law enforcement sources," KHOU says the "ongoing questions" are related to the suspended officer's role in obtaining the no-knock search warrant authorizing the raid, which was based on a confidential informant's claim that he had bought heroin from a man in the house, where he reported seeing a 9mm handgun and "a large quantity of plastic baggies" containing heroin. Police found neither of those things when they searched the house the next day, even though the house supposedly was being watched in the interim.

KHOU says detectives plan to interview the C.I. to see if his account matches the information in the warrant affidavit. The author of the affidavit, whose name is blacked out in the publicly released copy, swore that he searched the C.I. before sending him to make a "controlled buy," that the C.I. emerged from the house with "a quantity of brown powder" later identified as black-tar heroin, that he was watching the C.I. the whole time, and that afterward "surveillance was placed on the above location in question by the narcotics officers." Since the alleged heroin and 9mm pistol had disappeared by the time police broke into the house the following evening, it seems likely that one or more of those details was not accurate.

In a spot of good news, it looks like they did not raid the wrong house. This time.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, benwynn said:

I hereby grant you permission to post the following wherever you feel it is applicable:

Ben Wynn says he has not seen any way of enforcing an "assault weapons ban" as he feels the term "assault weapon" cannot be practically defined.

Thanks, Ben, and I agree that defining an "assault" weapon leads to nonsense and humor more than anything else.

However, even if a definition that suited badlat and me and everyone in between could be agreed upon, there are two additional problems with confiscation programs.

1. The fifth amendment problem. Gun owners tend to view guns as property. Grabberz view them as a nuisance. The legal distinction is explained here. Bottom line: the two sides just can't agree because we don't agree at all about the nature of the objects.

2. Related to whether guns are property that can be owned or a nuisance to be eradicated is the question of Contumacious Owners. Compliance rates with the existing confiscation programs are very, very low. Last I heard, in New Jersey, the rate would be so low as to be undefined, since division by zero is undefined. Bottom line: confiscation programs result in reports of "boating accidents" that claimed previously-legal property a LOT more often than they result in the actual confiscation that is desired.

10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Another 5 shot dead today.  This is time to stay the course and for heavens sake do nothing.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/five-people-found-shot-dead-inside-texas-home/

You messed that up several different ways, FakeNewb, beyond just getting the wrong thread for such incidents.

First of all, it needs a shocking headline, which should also be a link. Like this:

Mass Shooting In Texas

Secondly, in order to exploit this tragedy for gungrabby purposes, people need to know the legislative district information, like this:

District

Congressional District: 36
State Senate District: 3
State House District: 19

Also, since these people are going to be grabbers and therefore not too bright, you have to tell them the SOMETHING you want done with a link, as shown.

Finally, you should learn the rules about "mass" shootings. This one had four victims, not five. People who self-murderize themselves aren't victims unless we're talking "gun violence" which is different from "mass shootings." Context matters.

But four is four and the math dictates the political response, so I applaud your effort to get people to DO SOMETHING.

Combining all these elements, here's how it should have been done with the mass shooting the other day that everyone ignored:

Mass Shooting In Virginia

District

Congressional District: 4
State Senate District: 16
State House District: 63

Crime insider sources tell cbs 6 four people were shot outside an apartment complex.

The incident happened at the Perry Street Lofts off Wythe Street around 11 p.m.

Sources said one of those victims suffered serious injuries, while the other three people were just grazed.

Additionally, one of those victims is a woman, according to those sources.

Glad no one was killed, but the number four, especially in light of the gender of a victim, tells us we must DO SOMETHING!

On 1/28/2019 at 4:45 AM, Shootist Jeff said:
On 1/27/2019 at 6:36 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

And the Washington Attorney General Responds:

February 12, 2019

Open letter to Washington’s sheriffs and police chiefs refusing to enforce Initiative 1639:

Numerous sheriffs and police chiefs have stated that they will not implement or enforce the initiative. I want to share my thoughts on this important issue, which affects both the safety of our communities and respect for the rule of law.

Like all laws passed by the people of Washington and their representatives, Initiative 1639 is presumed constitutional. No court has ruled that this initiative is unconstitutional.

I will defend Initiative 1639 against any legal challenge. My office defeated the legal challenge to the previous gun safety initiative passed by the people, and I am confident we will defeat any constitutional challenge to Initiative 1639 as well. Local law enforcement officials are entitled to their opinions about the constitutionality of any law, but those personal views do not absolve us of our duty to enforce Washington laws and protect the public.

I would like to focus on one component of Initiative 1639 in which you play a vital role, and have a legal obligation. Effective July 1, Initiative 1639 requires enhanced background checks for the purchase of semiautomatic assault rifles, which are identical to the enhanced background checks currently required for all handgun purchases in Washington state. Just like handgun purchases, local law enforcement officials are required to perform these background checks.

Local law enforcement has been performing these enhanced background checks for all handgun purchases in Washington state for many years. These enhanced background checks keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals who lawfully cannot own firearms because of a mental illness or criminal record. As far as I know, no Washington sheriff or police chief has refused to perform these enhanced background checks for handguns. Why refuse to perform them for semiautomatic assault rifles?

I am deeply concerned that the failure of local law enforcement to perform Initiative 1639’s background check requirement will jeopardize public safety in our state by allowing the sale of semiautomatic assault rifles to dangerous individuals not lawfully allowed to own a gun. State law provides immunity to local law enforcement officers who run these checks “in good faith.” However, in the event a police chief or sheriff refuses to perform the background check required by Initiative 1639, they could be held liable if there is a sale or transfer of a firearm to a dangerous individual prohibited from possessing a firearm and that individual uses that firearm to do harm. In short, the taxpayers of your city or county assume the financial risk of your decision to impose your personal views over the law.

Outside your legal obligation to perform the background checks, you have discretion, of course, to prioritize your resources. This is a trust placed on you by the Washingtonians you serve. Enforcement discretion, however, cannot subvert the rule of law. All Washingtonians, including those of us in government, are equally subject to the law.

Analogies to marijuana and immigration law enforcement are misplaced. This is not a situation where the federal government is trying to force the state to enforce federal laws. Rather, Initiative 1639 was submitted to the people of Washington and was adopted as state law by nearly 60% of the people. No action by a city council or county commission can change this state law or the responsibilities and duties that the law vests in Washington’s law enforcement agencies.

I am personally deeply opposed to the death penalty, and have maintained reservations about its constitutionality for many years – but my personal feelings about the death penalty did not impact my duties as Attorney General. Last October, our State Supreme Court unanimously ruled in State v. Gregory that Washington’s death penalty was applied in an arbitrary and racially biased manner. Until the Gregory decision, however, my office continued to defend the death sentence in federal courts when death row inmates filed appeals, even after the Governor announced his moratorium. I did this out of respect for the rule of law. At the same time, I proposed legislation to the State Legislature to abolish the death penalty. If you personally disagree with Initiative 1639, seek to change it. Or file a lawsuit challenging it. But do not substitute your personal views over that of the people.

Under Article 1, Section 1 of the Washington State Constitution, “All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.” As public officers, our duty is to abide by the will of the people we serve, and implement and enforce the laws they adopt. I encourage you to do so.

Sincerely,

BOB FERGUSON
Attorney General

The bolding is in the original.

As for the question in red, possibly because "semiautomatic assault rifles" has come to mean simply "semiautomatic rifles" since the only other kind are antiques.

As for the end part in red, those officials probably feel that they ARE abiding by the will of the people they serve. As noted above:

27 of Washington’s 39 counties rejected the ballot measure.

The sheriffs probably realize that they're elected by the people in those 27 counties, not the 12 counties where a majority think any semiautomatic rifle is an "assault" weapon or an antique.

Mass Shooting In Florida

District

Congressional District: 5
State Senate District: 6
State House District: 14

Sheriff's Office Lt. Ellis Burns said people were out near the basketball court at the small city park when a large fight broke out and several people started shooting at each other.

If only people who lived in the country would stop plinking away with squirrel shooters in their yards, these incidents could be kept to less than four people.

Or something. Anyway, the point remains the same as always: DO SOMETHING!

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Tom is confused about the point he’s trying to make.  It’s do NOTHING. If we were to do SOMETHING like enact tough but reasonable gun control laws as I advocate he’d stroke out and triple his dogballs postings.

If that's what you think - I'd suggest that it's not Tom who's confused. 

22 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Five more dead in Illinois mass shooting.  Tom dogballs will be along shortly to tell us to do NOTHING and stay the course.

Thoughts and prayers.  If they used knives they'd be just as dead.  Some times there are sacrifices for our freedom.  Done and dusted. 

35 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Five more dead in Illinois mass shooting.  Tom dogballs will be along shortly to tell us to do NOTHING and stay the course.

11 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Thoughts and prayers.  If they used knives they'd be just as dead.  Some times there are sacrifices for our freedom.  Done and dusted. 

and these don't even get their own thread anymore.

Yup, I'd say you're all a tad jaded.

4 hours ago, Left Shift said:

If they had been driven over by a van in their living room, nobody would be calling for a ban on living rooms. Or something like that.

10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

It's six people who are dead, but I know that perpetrators aren't people and don't count.

Mass Shooting In Illinois

District

Congressional District: 11
State Senate District: 42
State House District: 83

An Aurora man who was in the process of being fired from his job started a shooting spree in his workplace Friday afternoon that killed five employees, wounded five police officers and another civilian, and ended with his own death.

Odd that it wasn't drunks or the stupid drug war again.

If the smartest response to this you can come up with is to ban and confiscate my squirrel gun, then yes, doing NOTHING would be smarter than doing SOMETHING because useless prohibition programs have nasty unintended consequences.

That Aurora incident is super sad. That happened 8 miles from where I work.

On the 'assault weapon' thing, he did that with a S&W handgun. That indicates that it's the crazy that has to go.

I'll say this too. As far as home protection, guns are dumb. Mine are locked up 2 different ways. My best bet would be using my 9 iron...Fore! I have a 124 mph swing speed and the clubs are forged. Hmm, maybe the lob wedge on 2nd thought.

Back to the Aurora thing, those cops are pretty badass. They paid for it but got the incident stopped. Huge respect for them.

3 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

On the 'assault weapon' thing, he did that with a S&W handgun.

Handguns can be assault weapons, as readers of the proposed federal ban know.

All it takes is a threaded barrel, which also provides opportunities for fashion. Like this:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

Of course, the ammo that this assault weapon uses is censored, but we all know what it is...

Reports are the AW used had replaced the flower camouflage with a laser sight like this found on amazon.

Instead of doing NOTHING my well considered proposal would be to ban all such accessories (bump stocks, sights,  suppressors extended clips etc).

The "system" fucked up on this one, he was not allowed to have guns because of previous convicitions. He was allowed to buy a gun when the cross-checking failed, and when he applied for concealed carry, that cross-check came up with the previous crime. At that point, the police asked him to kindly come in and turn over the weapon, but it's unsure how much time had elapsed between that discovery and the rampage.

Seems like a not very robust system for approval of gun ownership.

On 2/17/2019 at 12:57 AM, Ishmael said:

The "system" fucked up on this one, he was not allowed to have guns because of previous convicitions. He was allowed to buy a gun when the cross-checking failed, and when he applied for concealed carry, that cross-check came up with the previous crime. At that point, the police asked him to kindly come in and turn over the weapon, but it's unsure how much time had elapsed between that discovery and the rampage.

Seems like a not very robust system for approval of gun ownership.

And yet the answer from the gun grabbers is to take away the guns from law abiding citizens rather than work to fix this admittedly fucked up system and enforce the existing laws on the books.

That's some sound logic right there.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, austin1972 said:

That Aurora incident is super sad. That happened 8 miles from where I work.

On the 'assault weapon' thing, he did that with a S&W handgun. That indicates that it's the crazy that has to go.

I'll say this too. As far as home protection, guns are dumb. Mine are locked up 2 different ways. My best bet would be using my 9 iron...Fore! I have a 124 mph swing speed and the clubs are forged. Hmm, maybe the lob wedge on 2nd thought.

Back to the Aurora thing, those cops are pretty badass. They paid for it but got the incident stopped. Huge respect for them.

Actually a 90lb GSD is an even better home protection system.

Agree with you that it's the CRAY ZEE that seems to be more of the common denominator than "assault weapons" in these mass shootings.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Ishmael said:

If they had been driven over by a van in their living room, nobody would be calling for a ban on living rooms. Or something like that.

If it was 4 people dead in a "car accident", it wouldn't even be mentioned on the news.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, Ishmael said:

At that point, the police asked him to kindly come in and turn over the weapon, but it's unsure how much time had elapsed between that discovery and the rampage.

I'd say over 4 years elapsed..

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/news/ct-met-aurora-gary-martin-gun-20190216-story.html

Imagine that, just sending a piece of paper with no followup doesn't work so well.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And yet the answer from the gun grabbers is to take away the guns from law abiding citizens rather than work to fix this admittedly fucked up system and enforce the existing laws on the books.

That's some sound logic right there.

It’s like that scene from Aliens 

Just to be sure. Guns are like cockroaches 

Mass Shooting In Texas

Uh oh.

The "confidential informant" didn't exist.

15 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Actually a 90lb GSD is an even better home protection system.

Agree with you that it's the CRAY ZEE that seems to be more of the common denominator than "assault weapons" in these mass shootings.

Turns out the guy was a felon and when he went for his concealed carry, it was discovered. He was supposed to turn his gun in. He didn't and the cops never followed up.

2 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Turns out the guy was a felon and when he went for his concealed carry, it was discovered. He was supposed to turn his gun in. He didn't and the cops never followed up.

But yet the standard answer is more calls to remove assault weapons.

Just now, austin1972 said:
2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The answer should be to find a budget for cops to obtain a warrant and take their gun (and in IL their FOID card) away.

100% agree.  However, I find it hard to believe its a budget issue.  They respond to every garden variety domestic dispute 9/11 call and neighbors complaining about the noise from next door.  How hard is it to drive to someone's house with a warrant and collect the firearm?  

Sadly there is a better case to be made for a "no-knock" warrant service in these instances (for the safety of the officer) than there is for most stupid drug crimes.  

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:
2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The simplest solutions is often the best.

Yeah OK gaytor..... if you think removing tens of millions of "assault weapons" from all Americans is the simple solution, then I have some swampland near Pensacola that you might be interested in buying.  

7 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

100% agree.  However, I find it hard to believe its a budget issue.  They respond to every garden variety domestic dispute 9/11 call and neighbors complaining about the noise from next door.  How hard is it to drive to someone's house with a warrant and collect the firearm?  

Sadly there is a better case to be made for a "no-knock" warrant service in these instances (for the safety of the officer) than there is for most stupid drug crimes.  

I'm just going off what the news is reporting here. No budget. Not surprising as this state is broke. No money for the good guys.

Fuck Illinois. I'm out as soon as I can. I have to wait for a work spiff before I can change jobs though. It's a big check for me to stick with my current company through a certain period during our 'transition' since we got acquired.

Dunno how I'm gonna handle the farm. My hand is good but he's not that smart on the planning side and sucks at pushing a pencil.

Mass Shooting In Nawlins

District

State Senate District: 5
State House District: 93

officers spotted a person of interest near the intersection of Canal and Elk streets just after 6:45 p.m. who they believed to be involved with two armed robberies last week. When the uniformed officers attempted to question the person, the suspect took out a gun and started firing at them. An officer and detective returned fire, sparking a shootout during which five innocent bystanders were struck while waiting at a bus stop nearby.

As of Sunday night, Ferguson said investigators did not know if the victims were struck by the suspect’s fire or the officers.

4 of the 5 bystanders had gunshot wounds, the other had abrasions.

Glad no one was killed. It doesn't really matter whether the injured were hit by police gunfire or suspect gunfire. Either way, a gun did it and four is four, so thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING are in order.

Mass Shooting In Texas

District

Congressional District: 1
State Senate District: 1
State House District: 11

Chief Taylor says all four victims were in the same apartment when the shooting happened.

Chief Taylor says they arrested a suspect without incident in Bienville Parish, Louisiana. Taylor says the suspect is a male in his 60s. He was driving a Ford pickup truck. 

Police will seek a capital murder warrant against the suspect.

Chief Taylor says police do have a motive, but did not comment on what the motive might be.

It's unusual for police to know what happened this soon after a mass shooting. They're not saying, as yet, but we know all that simple minds need to know: four is four so DO SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Mississippi

District

State Senate District: 27
State House District: 56

Authorities said Saturday four people are dead and a suspect is in custody after a domestic dispute in Mississippi led to a fatal hostage standoff.

Another family problem. Sad but useful for gungrabby purposes because of the magic number four, so TnP of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Indiana

District

State Senate District: 49
State House District: 78

Six to seven shots fired were reported at the front entrance of Sidetrack Tavern on East Illinois Street in Evansville early Sunday Morning. ...

Terry Eaulm, Robert Owens, and John Perteet were taken to police headquarters and interviewed after police recovered video of the incident from Sidetrack Tavern’s security system. Police say the video shows a man identified as John Perteet outside a car firing numerous rounds toward a large crowd of people and cars. Police say the video shows Perteet then entering the driver’s side side before Officer Ward trying to stop them. The video also reportedly shows a man identified by EPD as Robert Owens eventually entering the front passenger’s seat before fleeing the scene in the car. Police say Owens account of the incident matches the video, but Owen’s denies seeing Perteet firing a gun. Police say Owens is in the back of the car when the firing begins. Terry Eaulm’s account of the incident also matches the video, but police say he too denies seeing Perttet fire a weapon. Eaulm and Perteet were taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail for various charges.

Perteet has a criminal background. He was reportedly found to have been dealing a controlled substance in Chicago, and had a separate charge of dealing.

Gee, another bar late at night, complete with stupid drug war connection.

Unfortunately, Mr. Perteet seems to be more accurate than your average cop and managed to hit enough people with those 6-7 rounds to make this a politically convenient "mass" shooting. The kind that means we must DO SOMETHING.

18 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Domestic violence more recently, and it was a gun free zone.

12 hours ago, austin1972 said:
13 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm just going off what the news is reporting here. No budget. Not surprising as this state is broke. No money for the good guys.

Officer safety is an excuse, Jeff. No knocks are about preserving evidence. Guns don't flush.

Austin, there's money for some priorities, not others. I bet they have a drug task force and it has money. I also have a sneaking suspicion about why it has money. But the idea that there's no money is wrong, it's priorities.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:56 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Texas

Uh oh.

The "confidential informant" didn't exist.

This "mass shooting" seemed politically convenient to a few grabbers for a few moments in time there. Dead cops and everything. Darn guns.

The cop who lied to get the warrant has a history.

The day after the January 28 drug raid that killed a middle-aged couple and injured five undercover narcotics officers, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo lavished praise on Gerald Goines, the 34-year veteran who had been shot in the neck after breaching the door and entering the house to assist his wounded colleagues. "He's a big teddy bear," Acevedo said. "He's a big African-American, a strong ox, tough as nails, and the only thing bigger than his body, in terms of his stature, is his courage. I think God had to give him that big body to be able to contain his courage, because the man's got some tremendous courage."

Acevedo struck a different note on Friday, when he described Goines as a liar who had broken the law and embarrassed the department by inventing the heroin purchase that was the pretext for the raid, during which police killed Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas in their home at 7815 Harding Street. But as Keri Blakinger and St. John Barned-Smith reported on Friday night in the Houston Chronicle, there were warning signs that Goines was not a paragon of police professionalism long before he invented a confidential informant and a controlled buy to justify the no-knock search that put him in the hospital but did not discover any evidence of drug dealing.

"Previous allegations surfaced about Goines in at least two drug buys, with the officer accused of lying under oath and mishandling drug evidence, and questions arising about his use of a confidential informant," Blakinger and Barned-Smith write.

Lying to, for, and about confidential informants is how you get things done as a drug warrior. Hence the early praise, before reporters started asking questions.

21 hours ago, mad said:
22 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The simplest solutions is often the best.

Why not enact and utilise the numerous laws already in place?

Now that would be a shocking lurch towards common sense.  Ergo why it will never happen.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, Contumacious Tom said:
On 2/18/2019 at 2:56 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

This "mass shooting" seemed politically convenient to a few grabbers for a few moments in time there. Dead cops and everything. Darn guns.

The cop who lied to get the warrant has a history.

And yet, this example of drug warrior lies resulting in injuries and death STILL seems like a politically convenient "mass shooting" to be used to justify gungrabbiness. As Eva Dent.

16 hours ago, jocal505 said:

It's been a week since the last mass shooting, when (besides five dead) five cops were injured, all by the keen use of a green laser sight on a handgun. 

The lying Houston drug warrior has attracted the FBI's attention

After two informants named by Goines and every other C.I. known to work with him denied participating in the "controlled buy" he described, investigators concluded that Goines had invented the episode. Goines "lied in an affidavit," Police Chief Art Acevedo said last Friday, and "more than likely...will be charged with a serious crime." Under Texas law, lying in a search warrant affidavit is aggravated perjury, a third-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison. Under federal law, willfully depriving someone of his constitutional rights "under color of any law" is punishable by a prison term up to life or by execution "if death results."

But keep in mind that the REAL PROBLEM here was the "mass" shooting and the REAL SOLution is to DO SOMETHING.

Speaking of which, there are more mildly convenient shootings to report.

Mass Shooting In Tennessee

District

State Senate District: 32
State House District: 81

Police Chief Buddy Lewis said a little after 9:00 p.m., someone with a rifle and handgun fired more than 40 shots into the home in the 500 block of North College Street. Some of the bullets went through a house next door.

Three men and a 14-year-old boy were hit but authorities said all will be okay.

Investigators said they've made drug arrests in the house before and said the shooting may have been retaliation for another shooting this past weekend in Tipton County.

Glad it's another mass shooting in which no one was killed. Gee, the stupid drug war again. Oh well, the only answer is to DO SOMETHING. One failed prohibition program deserves another.

Mass Shooting In Maryland

District

State Senate District: 40
State House District: 40

"This was right around 6:15 p.m., so we know people were out and about. This is just off of Pennsylvania Avenue, which is a busy thoroughfare. So if anyone has any information, they can call homicide detectives at 410-396-2100 or Metro Crime Stoppers," Silbert said.

That's the kind of thing cops say when they know that it's the stupid drug war again and the community, for very good reasons, won't talk to them about it.

But more drug war crime helps push up the "mass shooting" numbers, meaning we must DO SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Texas

District

Congressional District: 29
State Senate District: 15
State House District: 143

Acevedo said two groups of people got into an argument a few days ago and decided to meet at the Eastbrook location Thursday.

When the groups started arriving, a gunman who was perched on top of a nearby roof opened fire with a high-powered rifle, according to Acevedo.

Gee, more gang conflict, just like the kind that happens all the time in the stupid drug war.

But ending that stupid prohibition can't be the answer. Nope, fuck with peaceful people over their tool ownership. That's the answer. DO SOMETHING!

Obviously, these incidents happened far enough in the past for the bodies to have cooled down and no grabber started a thread about any of them, so they're not convenient for gungrabby purposes on an individual level. But next time there IS a wonderfully convenient shooting, "all of these other mass shootings" are sure to be reasons to think and pray about doing something.

Mass Shooting In Alabama

Legislative district information wasn't provided and this one doesn't seem particularly convenient for gungrabby purposes anyway, but it's another "mass shooting" for the tally.

The two fatal victims have been identified as 20-year-old Javian Stone and 19-year-old Wanya’ Conner, both of Birmingham.

Per authorities, the incident happened late Friday night around 10:49 p.m. Officers received a report of multiple shots fired at a home on Carnation Drive in East Birmingham.

Once they arrived, officers found an unresponsive victim who was pronounced dead at the scene. Police also found another person in the house who had been shot. That person was treated at UAB for non-life threatening injuries.

Officers later learned that two other people had been shot and had been transported to St. Vincent’s East Hospital by a private vehicle. One of the victims died due to his injuries. The other victim was treated and released.

Authorities confirmed that an altercation had taken place at a party inside the residence. Authorities do have a person in custody, but have not released his name at this time.

That happened on Friday but some "mass" shootings are more noteworthy than others so I guess I'm the first to offer thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:28 AM, jocal505 said:

Pooplius has mounted quite a campaign, shamelessly. to marginalize our (daily) mass shootings with, four or more surviving victims. 

It's the Gun Grabby Archive, not me, that has the campaign. They have the website with the legislative information and the non-daily "mass" shootings, most of which are not all that politically convenient upon closer examination.

So I examine them a bit more closely to demonstrate that fact.

The Gun Grabby Archive may have scared you into falsely claiming we have "daily" mass shootings, but they don't scare those who read. We know that they're mostly talking about drug war stupidity and bar fights, nothing related to the politically convenient "mass" shootings that immediately get a thread here when they occur.

Mass Shooting In California

District

Congressional District: 13
State Senate District: 9
State House District: 18

Four people were wounded early Sunday after an argument at a downtown sports bar escalated into a shooting, police said.

None of the victims sustained life-threatening injuries, and at least one was treated and released at a hospital.

"Mass shootings" in which no one dies are the least convenient kind, but four is four so another bar fight shootout means we must DO SOMETHING.

Another Mass Shooting In California

District

Congressional District: 13
State Senate District: 9
State House District: 18

A man was fatally shot and three others were injured in a shooting outside an East Oakland gas station mini-mart Thursday, authorities said.

For information leading to the arrest of a suspect, police are offering up to $10,000 in each shooting.

Gee, why would someone with information about a shooting need to be paid $10,000 to speak? The only reason I can think of is that it's yet another shooting related to the stupid drug war. But four is four so we must DO SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Arkansas

District

State Senate District: 25
State House District: 16

Police confirm one person is dead and four others injured after a shooting in Pine Bluff.

Police say the investigation into what led up to the shooting and who is responsible is just getting started.

The investigation may be just getting started but five is more than four and the legislative district information is provided so plenty is known to DO SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Illinois

District

State Senate District: 13
State House District: 25

Police are investigating a private club’s possible ties to organized crime after six people were shot there early Sunday. They are all expected to survive.

Gunfire erupted at 3:43 a.m. inside the private lounge, located in the 2900 block of East 79th Street in the South Shore neighborhood, according to spokespeople for the Chicago Police Department.

On Sunday morning, Guglielmi announced that Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson ordered a wide-ranging investigation into the club, its owners and the people who were there when the shooting happened.

Guglielmi said that witnesses of the shooting were being uncooperative with investigators.

That one combines the "late night at a bar" and "stupid drug war" primary sources of "mass shootings" into one.

But six is more than four and the math yields the political result as always: DO SOMETHING.

We've been about a week without a "mass" shooting to use to scare people, but the Gun Grabby Archive never rests.

Look at all the gun violence from yesterday!

GunGragArchive3-8-19.jpg

It's astonishing that, with the amount of lethal weaponry in America, we can have 25 shootings that result in only one death and a dozen or so injuries.

Are we really such bad shots?

No, it's just grabbers playing with numbers, as usual.

Take a look at the "incident of gun violence" that occurred in Lafayette, Louisiana, for example.

•  

• Non-Shooting Incident
  • Possession (gun(s) found during commission of other crimes)

Oh. So unauthorized possession is violence now. At least it's almost always going to be "violence" that results in no injuries or deaths. As Eva Dent.

Mass Shooting In Colorado

(Legislative district info missing)

poss shots exchange between 2 subjects, unclear if either inj, near unspec Hookah bar

A man was killed and four other people were injured following a shooting in Denver’s Lower Downtown neighborhood early Sunday morning.

Clark said a conflict between two individuals escalated, leading to the shooting. It’s possible there was more than one shooter during the altercation, he said.

The suspects, who were only identified as men, fled the scene and remain on the loose.

Gee, another 4 am bar fight. Not convenient by itself but since five is more than four it's similar enough to the convenient "mass" shootings to inspire thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass Shooting In Louisiana

District

State Senate District: 39
State House District: 2

Police say a group of teenagers was walking in the 2700 block of San Jacinto Avenue just after two this afternoon when an unknown assailant or assailants opened fire.

At this time, police know four teens were injured, three of whom were taken to Oschner's LSU and the fourth who was treated at the scene. However, police believe there may be even more victims and are currently scouring the neighborhood and interviewing witnesses. 

More than 20 casings have been identified on the street where the shooting took place. 

Police say none of the witnesses are cooperating at this time, and they are still searching for suspects.

Gee, the stupid drug war again.

We don't know how many teens reacted to being shot by hiding from police but just based on the ones who didn't/couldn't hide we know that four is four and that's reason enough to DO SOMETHING.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Fuck off you narcissistic clown. Normal people here manage to express sympathy all the time on a variety of issues outside of a thread about themselves.  No one gives a shit about your stupid thread nor your equally stupid gun threads.

No one here has expressed more thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING than I have.

My virtue signal is blinding and YUGE!!!

Mass Shooting In New Jersey

District

Congressional District: 9
State Senate District: 35
State House District: 35

Four people were shot Monday evening inside a New Jersey liquor store and the gunman behind the quadruple shooting is still on the run, officials say. 

The four men shot, a 23-year-old, a 20-year-old, a 27-year-old and an 18-year-old, suffered injuries that are not considered to be life-threatening, police said. They are being treated at a nearby hospital. 

The "mass shootings" like this one, in which no one died, aren't nearly as convenient for gungrabby purposes as the minority of such incidents.

Still, four is four and the legislative district info is right there, which is all anyone should need to offer thoughts and prayers of DOING SOMETHING in response to these mass shootings.

6 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

Those "researchers" somehow missed hundreds of "mass shootings" in 2017 alone.

I'm betting they didn't pin their research above any urinals for peers to review.

You can't handle the urinals. Your position stands on falsehood. 

Standard Model urinal.JPG