The debate over assault weapons

On 1/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Washington State Initiative 1639, which does have a pretty reasonable rule on transfers, has one of the most expansive definitions of "assault" rifle I have seen. Plus some inexplicable propaganda about corporate personhood that must have been snuck in there by evil libertarians.

(20) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company,
association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint
stock company, or other legal entity.

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which
utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract
the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which
requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
"Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms,
any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any
firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide
action.

So the only legal and operational semiauto's would be antiques. Any other semiauto rifle is an "assault" weapon. All the rhetoric about banning military weapons from our streets was just the usual crap designed to disguise a broad ban on ordinary guns.

I guess Joe destroyed his assault weapon just in the nick of time.

Washington State Department of Redundancy Department Proposal

The state of Washington on Thursday proposed bans on the sale of "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines, part of a package of gun laws meant to address a rising wave of U.S. mass shootings.

If successful, Washington would become the seventh U.S. state to ban assault weapons, which it defines as semi-automatic rifles with at least one military feature, and the ninth to limit the capacity of ammunition magazines.

"We should be making it harder for those who want to inflict mass violence and destruction upon innocent people," Governor Jay Inslee said in announcing the gun-control push. "By limiting magazine capacity and banning assault weapons, we can work toward a day where no one in Washington state loses a friend or family members to senseless gun violence," Inslee said.

That doesn't make much sense, considering that most gun violence takes the form of self-murder and any gun that goes BANG can be used for that purpose whether or not it has scary features or a "large" magazine.

Large-capacity magazines are defined as those that hold more than 10 bullets. In 1994, Congress enacted a federal assault weapons ban, limiting these types of magazines, but it expired a decade later.

Umm... yeah. I guess "these types" is sorta accurate. More accurate would be to point out that "large" meant 15 rounds in 1994 and means 10, 7, or 5 today, depending on which state or territory we're talking about.

The legislation under consideration

It represents the will of the people expressed in the ballot initiative above by saying:

(20)  "Person"  means  any  individual,  corporation,  company,14association,  firm,  partnership,  club,  organization,  society,  joint stock company or other entity.

Some have said that corporate personhood is a bad thing but the old Gungrabbines Uber Alles trump card negates that argument on this issue, as on pretty much any other issue.

(28)  "Transfer"  means  the  intended  delivery  of  a  firearm  to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans. "Transfer" does not include  the  delivery  of  a  firearm  owned  or  leased  by  an  entity licensed or qualified to do business in the state of Washington to, or  return  of  such  a  firearm  by,  any  of  that  entity's  employees  or agents,  defined  to  include  volunteers  participating  in  an  honor guard, for lawful purposes in the ordinary course of business.

Handing a scary-looking weapon or "large" magazine to a dealer or gunsmith is OK, as is, of course, handing it to a government agent for destruction, but handing it to a friend in your yard to do some plinking would not be allowed under the proposed transfer rules.

(30) "Assault weapon" means:

(b) A  semiautomatic,  centerfire,  or  rimfire  rifle  that  has  an overall length of less than thirty inches;

If the assault weapon has a telescoping stock like my wife's .22, I presume the measurement is to be made with the stock in assassin mode, like this:

Ruger10-22AssassinMode.jpg

I haven't measured it.

If it's over 30 inches, it might not be an assault weapon under this proposal because the catch-all section on copycat weapons says:

(31) "Copycat weapon" means a semiautomatic, centerfire firearm that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

A list of scary features that have nothing to do with most gun violence follows, but I note that it says "centerfire" but not "rimfire" so lots of .22's that appear frightening might not actually be "assault" weapons.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tom, please recall that most of us stopped being polite to you after you humorously called for the regulation of Dodge Challengers like the one used in the Charlottesville murder.  It's crypto-Na

And keep the guns locked up or in your possession.  Kids have friends who come over.

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe? Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wa

Posted Images

More from the above Washington State legislation:

(a)  The  possession  of  an  assault  weapon  or  large  capacity magazine  by  a  person  who  legally  possessed  the  assault  weapon  or large  capacity  magazine  on  the  effective  date  of  this  section,  or possession  of  an  assault  weapon  or  large  capacity  magazine  by  a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession  of  the  assault  weapon  or  large  capacity  magazine  by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine, provided the  person  in  possession  of  the  assault  weapon  or  large  capacity magazine  can  establish  such  provenance.  A  person  who  legally possesses  an  assault  weapon  or  large  capacity  magazine  under  this subsection (2)(a) may not sell or transfer the assault weapon to any other  person  in  this  state  other  than  to  a  licensed  dealer,  to  a federally licensed gun smith for the purpose of service or repair, or to  a  law  enforcement  agency  for  the  purpose  of  permanently relinquishing the assault weapon or large capacity magazine;

(3)  In  order  to  continue  to  possess  an  assault  weapon  or  large capacity magazine that was legally possessed on the effective date of this  section,  the  person  possessing  the  assault  weapon  or  large capacity magazine shall possess the assault weapon or large capacity magazine  only  on  property  owned  or  immediately  controlled  by  the person,  or  while  engaged  in  the  legal  use  of  the  assault  weapon  or large  capacity  magazine  at  a  duly  licensed  firing  range,  or  while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine, provided that the assault weapon or large capacity magazine is  stored  unloaded  and  in  a  separate  locked  container  during transport

So the proposed confiscation program is a delayed one, as enacted in CT, not the immediate kind enacted in New Jersey and California and in Trump's bump stocka confiscation regime.

Delayed confiscation programs are more effective, which is damning with faint praise considering the low compliance rates seen with the immediate ones, but that makes me like them even less.

20 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

gunnz.jpg

Not to pick nits, but the Dogballs squirrel shooter with the scope intended for "Far Away Tyranny" is really only good up to about 75-100 yd Tyranny.  That would be more realistically interim or medium distance Tyranny.  

4 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

100 yards is nothing for a rifle even with iron sights...

I didn't say anything about accuracy.  But a .22LR bullet like the Ruger 10-22 in that pic shoots will run out of steam and be fairly harmless much beyond about 300yds.  And to get it there, you'd be lobbing it like a mortar round.

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Not to pick nits, but the Dogballs squirrel shooter with the scope intended for "Far Away Tyranny" is really only good up to about 75-100 yd Tyranny.  That would be more realistically interim or medium distance Tyranny.  

the indoor tyrants better watch out at your house

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I didn't say anything about accuracy.  But a .22LR bullet like the Ruger 10-22 in that pic shoots will run out of steam and be fairly harmless much beyond about 300yds.  And to get it there, you'd be lobbing it like a mortar round.

It wasn't clear to me that it was a .22lr in the meme.  Charles Whitman was plugging people fighting tyranny with an M1 and no scope at 500yds.

The .22lr has a muzzle velocity of about 1800 ft/s or 600yds/sec (that's on the high side).  So, let's make the numbers easy, call the target 150yds so a 1/4 second during which the bullet (assuming it doesn't slow, which it will), will drop 4' (real world, maybe 5-6').  

I haven't found any good numbers for drag coefficients on bullets but found someone saying half muzzle speed at 500m.  I could work backwards and then forwards but why bother?  I'm guessing it would still hurt and don't want to find out.  

Agree with Jeff on this one, no accuracy and little impact with the .22lr.  Still don't think Crazy Tom should have guns (and just for Jeff) irregardless of Florida statutes.   

13 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

The .22lr has a muzzle velocity of about 1800 ft/s or 600yds/sec (that's on the high side).  So, let's make the numbers easy, call the target 150yds so a 1/4 second during which the bullet (assuming it doesn't slow, which it will), will drop 4' (real world, maybe 5-6').  

I haven't found any good numbers for drag coefficients on bullets but found someone saying half muzzle speed at 500m.  I could work backwards and then forwards but why bother?  I'm guessing it would still hurt and don't want to find out.  

A Standard high velocity Dogballs round such as a 32gr CCI Stinger is on the very high end of MV at around 1640 fps.  Assuming the rifle is zero'd at 25 yds (Typical range for a dogballs) it goes subsonic at about 105 yds and has a ~2" drop.  At 150 yds its only doing 1000fps and has a 12" drop.  At 200 yds it has a 30" drop.  And at 300 yds it has a 99" drop and is under 800 fps.  

Still, I would not want to get hit by one at 300 yds, but I doubt I would be killed or seriously injured.  And no I have no desire to test it out.  Just saying.  :P

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

A Standard high velocity Dogballs round such as a 32gr CCI Stinger is on the very high end of MV at around 1640 fps.  Assuming the rifle is zero'd at 25 yds (Typical range for a dogballs) it goes subsonic at about 105 yds and has a ~2" drop.  At 150 yds its only doing 1000fps and has a 12" drop.  At 200 yds it has a 30" drop.  And at 300 yds it has a 99" drop and is under 800 fps.  

Still, I would not want to get hit by one at 300 yds, but I doubt I would be killed or seriously injured.  And no I have no desire to test it out.  Just saying.  :P

Jeff, 

I'm guessing you didn't major in physics.  Just saying.  I'm pretty sure that the gravitational constant in UAE is the same as it is here.  

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:
16 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jeff, 

I'm guessing you didn't major in physics.  Just saying.  I'm pretty sure that the gravitational constant in UAE is the same as it is here.  

Jeff is a lot closer than you are with drop and velocity for the .22lr

The .22lr with highest velocity like the Stinger which cant be used in some .22s due to slight cartridge difference have piss poor Ballistics coefficient so they slow down quicker and even worse  they get blown further sideways with crosswind. The projectiles with higher BC hold velocity better and are more accurate in crosswinds. 

22LR-Ballistics-for-your-Rifle.jpg

13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Conservative radio show canceled after host wishes for 'nice school shooting' as impeachment distraction

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/475256-conservative-radio-show-canceled-after-host-wishes-for-nice-school-shooting-to

He ought to be charged with incitement.  There's no way that that is OK. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

"Maybe if we had a nice school shooting" would never be incitement, which must be imminent and immediate and all sorts of "right now".  Otherwise any enforcement of an incitement law would be illegal content-based restriction.

6 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

"Maybe if we had a nice school shooting" would never be incitement, which must be imminent and immediate and all sorts of "right now".  Otherwise any enforcement of an incitement law would be illegal content-based restriction.

I listened to the clip - and asking in earnest - how does "you wish for a nice school shooting to interrupt" in the context of creating a distraction now not constitute "imminent" ?   

32 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I listened to the clip - and asking in earnest - how does "you wish for a nice school shooting to interrupt" in the context of creating a distraction now not constitute "imminent" ?   

SCOTUS can tell you better than I can.  Brandenburg v Ohio is the big one for incitement cases, and it's responsible for our present jurisprudence on the strength of the first amendment.  Before Brandenburg, Whitney v California had severely diminished the right to Free Speech, while the Brandenburg court fixed the problem by requiring intent to incite imminent lawless action along with likelihood that the incitement actually bring it about.  The long and the short of it is that content-based speech restrictions are almost always invalid because of how the first amendment is written.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/395/444

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 3:20 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

A list of scary features that have nothing to do with most gun violence follows, but I note that it says "centerfire" but not "rimfire" so lots of .22's that appear frightening might not actually be "assault" weapons.

A major development, and a major, bigly improvement ^^^, based on the actual bandwidth of this place. Seriously. 

The rimfire bit in WA legislature was what kicked off the dogballs infestation. That was Dec. of 2015. A thread followed a few months later, and I was already sick of said .22 dogballs extravaganza.. Big panic. very yuge, because the word rimfire, buried somewhere. trumped the specific tube-feeder exemption of the Marlin Model 60. 

LET THE RECORD SHOW: Whew. the Great Dogballs Crisis has been sorted out in my home state, WA. Lo, the dogballs bandwidth has battered our space for four years.

10 hours ago, bpm57 said:

"the rimfire bit" started in NJ in the early 90s, Joe.

That's what Joseph Pelleteri learned the hard way.

But I think jocal was actually talking about the FL legislature.

14 hours ago, jocal505 said:

The rimfire bit in WA legislature was what kicked off the dogballs infestation. That was Dec. of 2015. A thread followed a few months later, and I was already sick of said .22 dogballs extravaganza.. Big panic. very yuge, because the word rimfire, buried somewhere. trumped the specific tube-feeder exemption of the Marlin Model 60. 

WA's partial rimfire exemption is discused above, but I did comment on the conflict between a tube mag exemption and other parts of the same proposed FL law.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:36 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

And this part covers my dad's old .22 rifle because the tube magazine holds more than ten rounds.

d. Any semiautomatic pistol or any semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

Another part of the definitions specifically say that a tubular magazine on a .22 rifle is not a "large capacity" magazine, so it's not covered by that section, but it's still covered under the definition of an "assault weapon."

(3) POSSESSION.—
(a) Except as provided in subsection (5), any person who, within this state, possesses any assault weapon or large capacity ammunition magazine, except as provided in this section or as otherwise authorized by law, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, with a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 1 year.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on what I believe is an error in that part.

Ah, professor dogballs, of the zero credibility.

Tell us how the Miller case is all about the people's gun rights. Tell us about the harmlessness of dark money. Tell us how the NRA is your last line of defense. (If things break bad, Tom Ray will donate to them until it hurts.)  Stupid shit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 6:31 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

More on lying drug warrior Gerald Goines

Lovely. He does have his supporters.

As always, it's important to remember that his lies resulted in a "mass shooting" so we must DO SOMETHING.

The grand jury indicted Goines and Bryant

"Because officers lied, people died," Harris County, Texas, District Attorney Kim Ogg said today at a press conference where she announced a grand jury indictment of two former Houston narcotics officers who were involved in a January 2019 drug raid that killed a middle-aged couple in their home. The indictment confirms the state charges filed last August against Gerald Goines, who is accused of lying to obtain the warrant for the raid, and Steven Bryant, who is accused of subsequently backing up Goines' false portrayal of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas as dangerous heroin dealers.

Both men are accused of tampering with a government document, a felony punishable by up to two years in prison. Because Goines' misrepresentations caused two deaths, he is also charged with two counts of felony murder, which could result in a life sentence.

"The grand jury held officers of the law responsible for killing innocent people and their dog in their home," Ogg said in a press release. "Our Constitution guarantees that Americans should not have to fear their government—and when agents of the government violate our rights, they will be held accountable. Our investigation continues, and we anticipate presenting additional evidence to additional grand juries in the future."

Ogg said the second phase of her investigation will focus on additional allegations against Goines, a 34-year Houston Police Department (HPD) veteran who has been accused of stealing money and framing other people, as well as possible wrongdoing by other members of the HPD Narcotics Division's Squad 15. Her office is reviewing some 14,000 cases developed by the 11-member squad, looking for inconsistencies suggesting that people were arrested or convicted based on false information. Dozens of cases already have been dismissed.

As always, it's important to remember that his lies resulted in a "mass shooting" so we must DO SOMETHING.

13 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

The grand jury indicted Goines and Bryant

Tom, what is your problem with lies? We now enter the third week of the year 2020. I have documented four falsehoods you have made, without correction. Need cites?

(dogballs ) a "mass shooting"

By the use of quotation marks, a Libertarian can take a mass shooting and make it not a mass shooting. Until it all catches up with him.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:15 PM, Cal20sailor said:

Jeff, 

Are you day drinking again?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

SCOTUS can tell you better than I can.  Brandenburg v Ohio is the big one for incitement cases, and it's responsible for our present jurisprudence on the strength of the first amendment.  Before Brandenburg, Whitney v California had severely diminished the right to Free Speech, while the Brandenburg court fixed the problem by requiring intent to incite imminent lawless action along with likelihood that the incitement actually bring it about.  The long and the short of it is that content-based speech restrictions are almost always invalid because of how the first amendment is written.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/395/444

So what if there was a school shooting right after that statement and the shooter said he did it based on the statement?  Could we then charge the radio asshat?

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Are you day drinking again?

Does this comment make any sense when you quoted a post of mine from a month ago?  Or, did you finally come to understand the point I was making?  The idea of you trying to understand physics conjures up memories of Jethro doing his ciphering.  

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So what if there was a school shooting right after that statement and the shooter said he did it based on the statement?  Could we then charge the radio asshat?

The statement would have had to have been intended to incite imminent lawless action, and it would have had to have been likely that such incitement would have caused the action.  It is at the time of the statement that we ask those questions, not after the action.

On 12/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Seems like it is perfectly ok legally.  Did he really intend to incite imminent lawless action, and was his statement likely to cause such action? 

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Government can charge anyone with anything, but the intent still wouldn't be there and government would lose.  

The Gun Grabby Archive reports 15 mass shootings so far this year, so I decided to take a look at the worst of them.

16 injured in Mass Shooting In Missouri

District

Congressional District: 5
State Senate District: 11
State House District: 29

Jahron Swift just got off probation after a felony conviction.

Kansas City police said Swift was the person responsible for the bloodshed at the club.

The 29-year-old was sentenced for unlawful use of a weapon and felony drug possession in 2015. According to court records, Swift and two other men were pulled over in a traffic stop. Officers uncovered thousands of dollars with of pills, marijuana and cocaine, several guns, and almost $8,000 in cash.

That conviction means Swift couldn't legally own a gun.

Might just have something to do with the stupid drug war but that's a LOT of victims so we must DO SOMETHING.

7 injured in Mass Shooting In Seattle, Washington

District

Congressional District: 7
State Senate District: 43
State House District: 43

In a Thursday news conference, Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best said a fight among the three men outside a McDonald’s quickly escalated, with innocent bystanders getting caught in the crossfire. Though Best didn’t identify the three suspects by name, she said gang-unit detectives who reviewed the first video-surveillance footage from the shooting scene recognized one of the shooters.

“They knew him to be a felon and they knew he cannot be in possession of a firearm, which he had in his hand in the video,” Best said. “So they went up to Harborview [Medical Center] and located this person…and arrested him for illegal possession of a firearm.”

A King County judge Thursday found probable cause to hold Jackson, 21, on investigation of second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm and set his bail at $50,000, according to King County prosecutors. It’s expected he could face additional charges as the police investigation continues.

One at-large suspect, identified as Marquise Tolbert, has 21 arrests, three felony convictions and 12 gross misdemeanor convictions, according to public records.

The second at-large suspect, identified as William Tolliver, has 44 arrests, one felony conviction and 18 gross misdemeanor convictions, records show.

Might just have something to do with the stupid drug war but that's still a LOT of victims so we must DO SOMETHING.

6 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

The Gun Grabby Archive reports 15 mass shootings so far this year, so I decided to take a look at the worst of them.

16 injured in Mass Shooting In Missouri

Might just have something to do with the stupid drug war but that's a LOT of victims so we must DO SOMETHING.

7 injured in Mass Shooting In Seattle, Washington

Might just have something to do with the stupid drug war but that's still a LOT of victims so we must DO SOMETHING.

RACE-BAITER ALERT

Give me fifty dollars on number five, Alex.

let's play  WHEEL OF RACE-BAITING   with our host, Tom "dogballs" Ray 

1. Aussie Apartheid, then the NAACP; 
  2. MLK's gun permit denial, the NAACP;
  3. MLK's church, smearing Rev. Mosteller, the NAACP;
  4. Bloomberg and stop and frisk, the NAACP; 
  5. Gangstas dealing drugs, de-humanization, scapegoating, and the NAACP; 
  6. Stacy Abrams, the Black Panthers, and the NAACP;
  7. Louis Farrakhan, Darren X, the NAACP;
  8. Judge Taney is coming, thirty times. the NAACP;
  9. Dred Scott fifteen times, as a code for gun rights, and the NAACP
  10. Cooing Chicago (instead of noticing multiple violence epidemics), the NAACP;
  11. Claiming black gun stats disprove white gun ownership problems;
  12. Did I mention the NAACP… for more than 125 mentions?

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The only race baiter here is you, who automatically assumes that all drug and gang related shootings are committed by blacks.  But you were the one who said that blacks are more volatile and violent than whites, so at least you're being consistent with your racism.  

You get to repeat that, for five years, Jeffie, because you need no basis in fact for many of your expressions. Where is your sidekick Boothy?  :P

The variety and consistency of the race-baiting in our group is indicative of something. 
IMO, you are lost on the job (while being paid to guide Jim Crow). Obviously, you are a good guy, and a sharp one, you only need a few role modela and mentors to guide your intellectual development. Let's work on that. Circumstances have helped to change others caught in your mindset.

bull connor, birmingham authority.jpgLester Maddox, from the Birmingham Safety Commission

lester maddox, with security.jpgBull Connor goes to work

George Wallace goes to school.jpgGeorge Wallace goes to school

26 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don’t know about Modelas, but I could sure go for a Modelo right now. 

Hi there, Jeff. I woke up with an insight. The whole smear you did, back in 2014-'15, that blacks cause the vast majority of gun mayhem, is being repeated, day by day, with DO SOMETHING. It's sure too bad you never corrected those four statements.

FACT:The worst of the mass shootings from the Gun Violence Archive are being regularly weaponized as race-baiting for us, many a day, by @Plenipotentiary Tom. Mass shootings are packaged and presented as gangsta occurrences for us, regularly. This is accepted. Read SAILING ANARCHY.

It's incredible to me, that's all. The race-baiting is thick in the air. I love the hell out of this place, Jeffie, and not for any kindness.

_Frederick Douglass.jpg

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

@Plenipotentiary Tom. Mass shootings are packaged and presented as gangsta occurrences for us, regularly. This is accepted.

Well, no, the Gungrabby Archive is in the business of scaring people by presenting "gangsta occurrences" as "mass shootings." But you're right that most people here find their ghoulish use of these crimes to push gun grabs to be acceptable.

21 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Well, no, the Gungrabby Archive is in the business of scaring people by presenting "gangsta occurrences" as "mass shootings." But you're right that most people here find their ghoulish use of these crimes to push gun grabs to be acceptable.

Dogballs. You isolate the gangstas from the other shootings. You even frame bar shootings as gangsta shootings. Whew.

Page after page, you have edited the Gun Violence Archives, for race-baiting, in a fucking pattern. Btw, you also mis-lead, mis-brand, and mis-label the debate about AW's while doing so.

You are a douche who found a niche. Hi dogballs.

40 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Joe - Are you disputing that the articles that Tom posts about mass shootings are not gang or drug war related?  They seem like they are gang or drug related to me?  Please feel free to refute any specific articles described as gang and/or drug war related.  TIA. 

Here's how this works. High-minded Libertarian types like to wait for investigations to be complete, before making gang insinuations (every day). And bar shootings could be related to dorm squabbles, politics, or love gone amiss. Let's be careful out there, with character assassination.

Tom is screening the mass shootings of the Gun Violence Archives, and systematically linking them to the gangsta picture. And this sketchy bit is not isolated behavior, it is part of a creative, intentional, stunning pattern, with legs.

let's play WHEEL OF RACE-BAITING with our host, Tom "dogballs" Ray

5. Gangstas dealing drugs, sheer scapegoating,  and the NAACP; 
  10. Cooing Chicago (instead of noticing multiple epidemics of violence), the NAACP;

All this bullshit started March 25th, 2015, the day I called @Plenipotentiary Tom out, over MLK. The personal race-baiting is a separate issue, but I have a gold mine to work with here.

EUREKA   We should celebrate the five-year anniversary of Rev. Mosteller, on Mar. 25. The preparation and celebrations can segue for months, all the way to June 17, the five-year anniversary of Dylann Roof...and the introduction of political and religious assassinations down at the AME church.

Count you in, mates? LMFAO.

14 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So IOW, you got nuthin'.  

You fool, My good man, this is page 23 of a thread which shows the loud crowing of a redneck rooster. 

In the mis-branding department, "stupid drug war" is code for "the gangstas are coming."

23 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So IOW, you got nuthin'.  

I got the dogballs Posted January 4 here bubba*

(*research by Tom Ray) Gee, another late night at a bar. Probably the second most common type of "mass" shooting, behind stupid drug war drive by's.

FALSE. Sounds like Jeffie back in 2014 and 2015, before Jeffie STFU about the  "vast majority.". Domestic Violence contributes 52% to 57% of the mass shootings.

Just now, jocal505 said:

(@Plenipotentiary Tomopines here) ...stupid drug war drive by's...

RACEBAITER ALERT. Part of a pattern. A YUGE pattern. Read SAILING ANARCHY.

Ding ding, We have a Number Five on the Wheel of Racebaiting.

WTH?

21 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Domestic Violence contributes 52% to 57% of the mass shootings.

No, we've been over this and that's just not true for the mass shootings about which Bloomberg $peak$ through the Gungrabby Archives.

It's obviously not true of the string of "mass" shootings documented by them (and reposted by me here.)

Besides, I didn't quote you at all, but will since you seem to need it.

On 5/4/2015 at 2:35 PM, jocal505 said:

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites.

11 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

The source article for the domestic shooting statistic isn't bad.

https://everytownresearch.org/massshootingsreports/mass-shootings-in-america-2009-2019/

224 of them over 10 years?

But the subject here is not those, but the ones documented by the Gun Grabby Archive. Over 300 just last year, so it's obvious to any but the most dim witted individuals that we're talking about two sets of numbers. Unfortunately, Joe is the most dim witted and will continue his misleading tirade.

26 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

WTH?

No, we've been over this and that's just not true for the mass shootings about which Bloomberg $peak$ through the Gungrabby Archives.

It's obviously not true of the string of "mass" shootings documented by them (and reposted by me here.)

Besides, I didn't quote you at all, but will since you seem to need it.

Ah, personal race-baiting. Dunno how you see this, dogballs, my friend, but I  feel personal race-baiting shows a different warning flag than general race-baiting. The underlying motivations revealed by such personal attacks share the behavior of general race-baiting, but display a separate character problem.

Were you smearing @random with racial poo for any particular reason? Did you ever make it right? 

RACEBAITER OF THE YEAR, 2015,  Libertarians do like this

• March 24, 2015 (Tom Ray to random)...are you ever going to answer my question about AussieApartheid? 
  • March 24, 2015   (Tom Ray to random) Have you looked into solving AussieApartheid yet? Looks to me like your government is doing the same thing you denounce in ours.
  •  April 27, 2015  (Tom Ray to random) ...Have you fixed AussieApartheid yet? Seems like you have a lot of time for America's problems, so I assume you've fixed your own. How did you do it?
  • May 8, 2015 (Tom Ray to random) ...what actions have you taken so far to eliminate AussieApartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own?
  • May 24, 2015 (Tom Ray to random) ...What have you done so far to stop AussieApartheid, random?
  • June 17, 2015  RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL ASSASINATIONS down at the AME CHURCH
  •  July 3, 2015 (Tom Ray to random)  ...He already solved that nasty AussieApartheid so he's moved on to fixing our country. How'd you do it, random?

I've always wondered: did you learn anything from Dylann's actions?

3 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

I've learned that there are sick fucks in the world who like to make mass murderers famous to pursue their gun grabby agenda.

Did you ever sort your Dylann issues?

dred, Dylann burning flag.JPG

22 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

BS.  The FBI disagrees with you.  Murder via Domestic violence does not outnumber gang violence or bar fights or such.  

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-10.xls

131 DV victims vs 3200 "Other Arguments, 199 arguments over money, 306 Gang killings, 309 Juvie gangland killings, etc.

Your turn, Clarice......

We had an epic go-around, you and I.  And the gang-related figures, laid out clearly in firm, hard, cited numbers which I scrounged, showed 12% to 18% figures for gang gun homicides, nationally.  You just slithered away.

You had claimed a "vast majority" figure four times, in Jeffie bullshit which I cited and linked...and you never came to Jesus. You never corrected your made-up scapegoater shit about the gangstas...who are human beings.

If I were to chase down the current gang homicide figures (and the violence epidemics spiked after Fergusen, around 2016, then abated btw), I expect similar behavior.

@Shootist Jeff You don't want to see this, ever again, and it is too creepy for my database. If you sort it, I can toss it. 

You guys are getting played, but I miss Boothy sometimes.

who commits more gun crime, liberals or conservatives?

Posted by JBSF on 18 September 2013 - 01:14 AM in Political Anarchy

Well, given that the majority of the murders in the US (VAST MAJORITY) are commited in the inner city urban areas - I think they are likely firmly blue voters.

Thanks Obama!

How would you folks remodel the NRA?....

Posted by JBSF on 03 May 2013 - 10:49 PM in Political Anarchy

But you continually rail on about the supposed "gun culture" as if people like me, and CF, and AGITC, and LenP and Sarosa and Tom Ray, etc have ANYTHING in common with the urban thugs in Chicago and similar who are committing the vast majority of the "gun crime".

#4384391The real roadblock to stopping gun violence? The NRA or Jocal?

Posted by JBSF on 13 November 2013 - 03:02 AM in Political Anarchy

The VAST majority of the gun murders out there are committed by run of the mill criminals and gangbangers, most likely as a directly result of the drug trade. If we ended the "war on drugs" - I'm betting the violent crime rate would plummet overnight.

30 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I slithered away?  I don't recall going anywhere and routinely call you out on your shit. 

Gotcha. You need to retract the vast majority idea, now, so the conversations can proceed. You have had your opportunities.

And to keep it clean, the issue here is racial scapegoating, if any.

Why? Because DO SOMETHING, as we know it, is aneddotal gangsta scapegoating, times 200. In the context of any race-baiter dynamo, DO SOMETHING morphs to race-baiting so cleverly and so densely that we can't see it for what it is. It is both a #5 and a #10, the very gag you, Jeffie,  were doing in 2013, and got busted for 2014.

I love the hell out of this place Jeffie.

let's play WHEEL OF RACE-BAITING with our host, Tom "dogballs" Ray

5. Gangstas dealing drugs, sheer scapegoating,  and the NAACP; 
  10. Cooing Chicago (instead of noticing multiple epidemics of violence), the NAACP;

50cent.jpg

@Plenipotentiary Tom  Oh, crickets.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:
On 1/28/2020 at 4:26 AM, jocal505 said:

Coupla problems. It's research by Tom Ray, for one thing. And it's motivated racebaiting, hidden behind the drug war, for another. This is fun, even before we get to the time machine.

announcing THE RACEBAITER TIME MACHINE  five years of interesting behavior

LET'S DO SOMETHING. Let's celebrate five years of non-stop race-baiting on Political Anarchy. This thread, or some other thread. can play back This Nonviolent Stuff Will Get You Killed. Tom will take us from MLK's church on March 25, 2015, to Rev. Mosteller the day after Dylan Roof on June 17, and beyond. (But not too far beyond Judge Taney.) 

The later chapters can feature, and the appendix can quantify, and the five years of racebaiting which followed, in twelve repeated forms.

Fun fun fun, with a redneck turkey who left a trail.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:21 AM, jocal505 said:

We had an epic go-around, you and I.  And the gang-related figures, laid out clearly in firm, hard, cited numbers which I scrounged, showed 12% to 18% figures for gang gun homicides, nationally.  You just slithered away

But yet again, you sit there and ignore the _current_ data, because it doesn't fit your desires. You have to move on from your love of several year old data, Joe.

3 hours ago, bpm57 said:
On 1/29/2020 at 3:21 AM, jocal505 said:

We had an epic go-around, you and I.  And the gang-related figures, laid out clearly in firm, hard, cited numbers which I scrounged, showed 12% to 18% figures for gang gun homicides, nationally.  You just slithered away

But yet again, you sit there and ignore the _current_ data, because it doesn't fit your desires. You have to move on from your love of several year old data, Joe.

You are DeadEye Dick, did you open the link? You must be here to complain that Jeffie is off track. He pulled up some general homicide rates, when he needed mass shootings sorted. Then, Jeffie deftly dragged race right into the mass shooting/DV problem. We have the same problem introduced at the top of the page.

(O Him of the current numbers:) You have to move on from your love of several year old data, Joe.

Whatdya got? Where is this current data of which you speak? Let's play gangsta killas.

Scapegoat away, by producing your firm gansta homicide total for any recent year, again, as a total. I found six, openly, on PA, which (using division skilz and a firm homicide total for the same year) showed a range in the high teens, at worst. Not bad.

Make me look bad with your skilz.

Please, before you speak too much, or say the wrong shit, consider that among the knowledgable, the FBI is basically a terrible source for decent stats. Not their job.

Justified shootings is one example, their count and understanding of mass murders is another, while their isolation and grasp of AW/LCM activity is a nil.

On 1/29/2020 at 3:07 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

BS.  The FBI disagrees with you.  Murder via Domestic violence does not outnumber gang violence or bar fights or such.  

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-10.xls

131 DV victims vs 3200 "Other Arguments, 199 arguments over money, 306 Gang killings, 309 Juvie gangland killings, etc.

Your turn, Clarice......

@jocal505 why are you still ignoring this data?  No comment?  Is the FBI full of shit?

7 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

He is using general homicides rates, not mass shootings,

This would be a good place for you to link a current FBI document, rather then a 6 year old USA Today article.

Unless you think that the USA Today paper is _the_ place to find nationwide crime data.

6 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

@jocal505 why are you still ignoring this data?  No comment?  Is the FBI full of shit?

It's an isolated, off-topic smear, okay? 

See the bolded in my post. If you want to play gangsta killas, only two figures are needed, for any recent year. If you need any help, DeadEye has your back ffs.

This is fun.

14 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

This would be a good place for you to link a current FBI document, rather then a 6 year old USA Today article.

Unless you think that the USA Today paper is _the_ place to find nationwide crime data.

Jeff's FBI source can be found right there in Jeff's link, amigo. And it departed from ANY relevance to the 52% to 57% current DV rate among our (increasing) mass shootings. Everytown in one of my sources here, and HuffPo is the other.

But let's play gangsta killas. How bad is it? And whether bad or improving, why is it happening?

19 hours ago, jocal505 said:
On 1/29/2020 at 5:23 AM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:
On 1/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, jocal505 said:

Coupla problems. It's research by Tom Ray, for one thing. And it's motivated racebaiting, hidden behind the drug war, for another.

News flash for ya, Joe: repeating research is not researching. The Gun Grabby Archive tracks the "mass" shootings that look like mostly stupid drug war shootings to me. They do it to scare people and thereby promote their gun grabby agenda.

And another news flash: the stupid drug war afflicts all races. Not all of us are as triggered by dark skin as you are, so we're able to notice this fact while you see "drug war" and can only think of people you find immature and volatile.

2 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

News flash for ya, Joe: repeating research is not researching.

"Research by Tom Ray" is a euphemistic term. No "research" conclusions (or motives) are even in play in your sources (since here you are cherry-picking from the media accounts of 1200 servers; the MO of the Gun Violence Archives). YOU are imagining and assigning drug motives by gangstas, to some newspaper articles but not others, without proof of jack shit. Very scary stuff, coming from a supposed civil liberties guy.  No fairness, or evidence, or due process? This is both subjective, anecdotal, and in the case of the Tom Ray element, slanted as hell, in order to lever the racial issue, for the purposes of entertainment and propaganda. And I'm gonna broadcast it on Political Anarchy, cuz they love ya.

RECKLESS, FAST, AND LOOSE. Your bigotry and ignorance is being openly paraded here...as you use me and tom and dick and harry for your daily race-baiting. It's the same nasty stuff for Dred Scot, Adam Winkler, Frederick Douglass, and MLK. At least I'm in good company, and allow me to include random.

Your destructive, hollow, Jim Crow behavior, within a group of savvy sailors, is a given. I struggle to appreciate the type of satisfaction and payback which might be in this for you. When I understand your thing, maybe I can let it go.

Tom and Winkler.JPG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

And another news flash: the stupid drug war afflicts all races. Not all of us are as triggered by dark skin as you are, so we're able to notice this fact while you see "drug war" and can only think of people you find immature and volatile.

Ah, we've been here before. I give you the month before Dylann Roof.

welcome to THE RACEBAITER TIME MACHINE   five years of interesting behavior

Post 385 This Non-Violent Stuff thread

May 4  Tom quotes Joe (red ink, from a May 4 post. The context? A discussion of BJS stats 3 posts earlier, laying out 6x greater gun violence among the black demographic)

Tom Ray Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites. 

How does that black gun violence amplifier work, anyway?

2.Post 390 May 5

Tom Ray, on 02 Apr 2015 - 1:26 PM, said:

Quote:

A twit like me can't see how the amplified and volatile desire for gunpower is working to create the problems you noted.

3.Post 400 May 7

Tom Ray Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

My guess: it has something to do with the hope that ...the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower penispower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. From <http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=157817&page=4#entry4938209>

4.Post 415, May 8

Tom Ray Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

I'm here to learn. Specifically, I'm eager to learn how the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. What is it about black people that make them more immature, more short-sighted, and more volatile when they are exposed to guns? Was it wise to deny MLK his permit because his melanin-rich skin made him more volatile than white people? You seem determined to preserve the ability to cops to engage in that kind of discrmination, so I want to learn why blacks are so darn dangerous in your view.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=157817&p=4944332

5. Post 417, May 8

Tom Ray Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

(To anarchist random) I'm just trying to learn more about black people from local expert Jocal. Obviously, there's nothing racist about this statement he made: the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks.

So I'm asking about it. Why is that bad? And by the way, what actions have you taken so far to eliminate Aussie Apartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own? http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=157817&p=4944344

I believe in the 2nd amend. and every one should have a musket, 

That being sad, assisinations are killed by a single shot ( JFK) comes to mind.and hunters even use single shot rifles.

As being a vietnam vet, I feel the only people that own assault weapons are either killers or cowards, which are you ,if you own one

5 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

They do it to scare people...

You have some motive to hop out of bed many the day, scan the GVA, and trot out all the gangsta insinuations you can machinate, right into this thread. And the motivation seems to be to project racial stress, tension, and fear, towards an insecure dependence on guns. Then whoosh, you hide the racial trolling under the flag of the drug war, behind the suffrage of DO SOMETHING. And the backdrop shows this is only a fraction of poking at racial unrest, without merit.

Your actual product is a last resort, for losers and trailer park philosophers: violence. If you want to stick your hands this open wound, lose the grubby hygiene, and get some medical credentials.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:24 AM, jocal505 said:

You fool, My good man, this is page 23 of a thread which shows the loud crowing of a redneck rooster. 

In the mis-branding department, "stupid drug war" is code for "the gangstas are coming."

Wow I always thought stupid drug war was code for “we should decriminalize drugs” 

but you are like the man with only one tool, so carry one 

1 hour ago, garuda3 said:

That being sad, assisinations are killed by a single shot ( JFK) comes to mind.and hunters even use single shot rifles.

As being a vietnam vet, I feel the only people that own assault weapons are either killers or cowards, which are you ,if you own one

Which definition of assault weapon do you use?

On 2/1/2020 at 11:02 AM, jocal505 said:

Jeff's FBI source can be found right there in Jeff's link, amigo. And it departed from ANY relevance to the 52% to 57% current DV rate among our (increasing) mass shootings. Everytown in one of my sources here, and HuffPo is the other.

But let's play gangsta killas. How bad is it? And whether bad or improving, why is it happening?

Yeah because the FBI is soooooo out of touch with national crime stats <facepalm>

On 2/1/2020 at 2:02 PM, jocal505 said:

Jeff's FBI source can be found right there in Jeff's link, amigo.

And you keep crying that it is wrong.

Yet the only link you provide is to a 5+ year old article in USA Today. Is USA Today a better source then the FBI stats?

9 hours ago, garuda3 said:

Fuck off. You obviously have zero clue what rue 2A is for.  It has nothing to do with assassination or hunting. 

18 hours ago, chinabald said:

Wow I always thought stupid drug war was code for “we should decriminalize drugs” 

but you are like the man with only one tool, so carry one 

In a yuge pattern, which is vulnerable and cite-able, to my delight, the drug war is being linked to inner city gangstas. We call that de-humanization cb.  And some will tolerate it.

13 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Yet the only link you provide is to a 5+ year old article in USA Today. Is USA Today a better source then the FBI stats?

This is how we play here. Can you count to six?

I dug up a series of very clear yearly totals of gangsta homicide.  It's your turn to disprove my sources, and you will look great if you do so with more current sources.

13 hours ago, bpm57 said:
On 2/1/2020 at 11:02 AM, jocal505 said:

Jeff's FBI source can be found right there in Jeff's link, amigo.

The info is probably right, just off-the wall, and off color. You missed it?

Dig down and summon the keen DeadEye perception. Two problems.

• 1. The sharpshooter hit the wrong target, in a question of whether domestic violence conbtributed to most mass shootings.
  • 2. he dragged the gangstas into the matter, after digging up stats about justifiable fucking homicide.
  • Step it up, mate.
18 hours ago, chinabald said:
19 hours ago, garuda3 said:

Which definition of assault weapon do you use?

He seems to be including stun guns. Thankfully, the Supreme Court unanimously rejected his idea.

The most mainstream definition would have to be the one used by every Presidential contender. So assault weapons like this:

SWVictory22silver-flower.jpg

12 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Fuck off. You obviously have zero clue what rue 2A is for.  It has nothing to do with assassination or hunting. 

telling me to fuck off, sounds like I hit a nerve, lol

So what branch of the service were you in , and what was your body count ?

So what's the purpose of assault weapons? just for killing the school kids in school, church goers , night club patrons concert fans ?

and do tell me what the 2A is about?

fun fact, United States has the most killings in the free world , think about 50,000 a year, compared to other civilized countries , 

So to answer my question if your a assault weapon owner and haven't killled any one , then your a COWARD!

ARGO!

10 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Plinking at cans, mostly. What would you use an (assault weapon, ordinary .22) for?

so what did the can do to you, you drink your beer or soda out it , then you have to kill it?

Crushing John Belushi GIF

now that's how to get rid of cans, lot cheaper then ammo

16 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah because the FBI is soooooo out of touch with national crime stats <facepalm>

Fine, trot out their gansta homicide totals, per year. Let's look at them, or at ANY gangsta homicide totals, per year. That was a dare. But if you spin this, or marginalize others who were created equally to you, I'm gonna publicize the race-baiting. And may fair winds and filthy lucre find Mr. Scot Tempesta.

25 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

telling me to fuck off, sounds like I hit a nerve, lol

So what branch of the service were you in , and what was your body count ?

So what's the purpose of assault weapons? just for killing the school kids in school, church goers , night club patrons concert fans ?

and do tell me what the 2A is about?

fun fact, United States has the most killings in the free world , think about 50,000 a year, compared to other civilized countries , 

So to answer my question if your a assault weapon owner and haven't killled any one , then your a COWARD!

ARGO!

garuda, maybe you are new here. 

CORRECTIONS WELCOME. I hear that Jeffie flew bombers for the USA, and flew drones for the USA. Part of his contributions involved NATO, and part involved Bosnia. As a high schooler, Jeffie aspired to the military academy, and he succeeded in that. An injury collapsed this success, but he found his way to military aviation. Jeff fought for us.

1 minute ago, jocal505 said:

Fine, trot out their gansta homicide totals, per year. Let's look at them, or at ANY gangsta homicide totals, per year. That was a dare. But if you spin this, or marginalize others who were created equally to you, I'm gonna publicize the race-baiting.

And may fair winds and filthy lucre fin Mr. Scot Tempesta.

garuda, maybe you are new here. 

CORRECTIONS WELCOME. I hear that Jeffie flew bombers for the USA, and flew drones for the USA. Part of his contributions involved NATO, and par involved Bosnia.As a high schooler, Jeffie aspired to the military academy, and he succeeded in that. An injury collapsed this success, but he found his way to military aviation. Jeff fought for us.

noted , if that's the case you would think he would show a little respect for a fellow serviceman , that did 2 tours in NAM

21 hours ago, chinabald said:

So let me sort this out. You think Tom is race-baiting because he continues to quote a racist comment, made by you?

More or less. I guess we're each gonna make a choice about that damn quote. I have 14,000 posts that may support your smear, or may not.

My red comment referred to fratricidal stats three posts earlier.

While any person race-baits, we have convoluted violence in multiple situations, and the Harvard Injury Research crowd now supports the Slutkin presentation, that these are epidemecs of violence. Who are they? They are the Hemenway elk, with Dr. Mathew Miller at the helm. I wrote him, and he wrote me back. He had and loved a dogballs as a youngster in WY, he said.

Thats one odd twist. 

Come on, cb, how cheap. You are the very type who can raise the bar here. We're facing five years of this mindless bright line, and I don't mind presenting the enormity of it, in twelve repeated varieties, at all. The community, made up of keen men, is a silent player.

Got virtu? I told you boys twice that you were messing with the wrong guy. I'm grounded. I paid my dues in your town, cb, and elsewhere. 

The Dogballs Study of Racial Volatility, page one of three 

Censoring T-Bizzle

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to Plenipotentiary Tom's topic in Political Anarchy

...You hope for a jury that knows to toss them Kool cigs to soothe their immature andvolatile nature, but it doesn't always work out.

2 hours ago

It's A Beautiful Day For A Church Shooting

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to badlatitude's topic in Political Anarchy

...Davis is considered armed and dangerous by law enforcement and is considered immature andvolatile by our own jocal. One thing he is not considered by anyone is convenient for gungrabby purposes, which is why I'm the only one to actually discuss this "mass" shooting. Still, it's a "mass" shoot...

January 4

At least 2 injured in shooting at New Jersey high school football game

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to Mid's topic in Political Anarchy

...nor do I think this incident will get much more attention now that we know the shooters are adults that someone like jocal might call immature andvolatile . Very inconvenient. But it's a "school shooting," the very most convenient kind for grabbers, so although it won't get any more individual...

November 18, 2019

Is this a racist comment?

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to Shootist Jeff's topic in Political Anarchy

...and morevolatile , among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites."

October 30, 2019 Is this a racist comment?

...and morevolatile , among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites." But the fact that Dred Scott was a black man is irrelevant to most of us. Even if he were white, the fact that the Supreme Court in that era thought citizens could "keep and carry arms wherever they went" would still negate...

October 30, 2019 

the potential of civil war

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to aA's topic in Political Anarchy

...Gun nuts don't have a lot in common with White Power types who think black skin makes a person immature andvolatile , though unlike some of those elk around here, we do have the sense to refrain from destroying our own squirrel shooters. That's why this was inserted in the Declaration:...

October 7, 2019 

Oh Looky - NY Sheriffs Association responds to Cuomo's gun laws.

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to a topic in Political Anarchy

...some people considered black people to be immature andvolatile . We still have a handful like that around today. For such people, skin color could help to determine who has good character and who does not.

September 20, 2019 

This Non-Violent Stuff Will Get You Killed

...Treating those you consider "immature" and "volatile " because of their skin color I don't see the problem with extending those rights to black people, but then, I don't consider them immature andvolatile because of their skin color either.

July 14, 2019

Oh Looky - NY Sheriffs Association responds to Cuomo's gun laws.

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to a topic in Political Anarchy

...excluding people you view as immature andvolatile because of their skin color. It's true that our history contains lots of examples of racial and sex discrimination like those, but the fact that such things existed in Colonial times doesn't mean we continued to accept them in the 20th century...

September 4, 2019

This Non-Violent Stuff Will Get You Killed

...I don't agree with your idea that black people are immature andvolatile and would likely tell the judge what my elk have said in this thread: If you're too lazy to look it up, execrable basically means shitty.

August 12, 2019 

Hey, Gun Nuts, This Is On You!

Plenipotentiary Tom replied to Jules's topic in Political Anarchy

Does that guy look kind of immature andvolatile to anyone else?

August 6, 2019

The debate over assault weapons

...Anderson appears pretty immature andvolatile , so this one isn't really all that convenient, but hey, let's TnP of DOING SOMETHING anyway. Mass Shooting In Washington DC Gee, another late night at a bar. Haven't seen one of those in a while. The article doesn't say whether...

July 30, 2019

Is this a racist comment?