You know as these events roll by I see Tom less of a gun nut and more of a kind of Vampire.  Feeding on the tears and sorrow of victims,  smirking thoughts and prayers all while masturbating to his precious.

He’s revolting.

• Like 1
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s a single thing that correlates with mass shootings:  gun ownership per capita. Not poverty, not religion, not culture, not “race”, not skin color, not education, not climate, not gover

You should be here today expressing outrage; you should be angry, you should be asking for better mental health you should be donating blood, you should be offering comfort, you should be seeking answ

You don't think that is overly simplistic? That the only reasons to own a gun are homicidal in nature or the result of cowardice? I did not fight in any war and never served in the military, I did hun

Posted Images

Here we go again.

"Chippewa County (WQOW) – Five people have been found dead in an apparent homicide in Chippewa County.

Sunday night around 10:30, the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department responded to a 911 call regarding a shooting incident at a residence in Lake Hallie.

According to Sheriff James Kowalczyk, deputies found a man and woman dead at the scene. Two other adults were transported to a local hospital due to gunshot wounds.

skip

According to the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office, when law enforcement arrived, they discovered three other people dead from gun shot wounds – a woman, man and juvenile male. Officials are calling it an apparent homicide.

Sheriff Kowalczyk said the gunman is suspected in both homicide investigations. He said the suspected shooter is dead."

Read more: https://wqow.com/news/top-stories/2019/07/29/breaking-overnight-shooting-in-lake-hallie-leaves-two-injured/

A special thanks to gun owners who have resisted any way to make these occurrences difficult. I hope God can find forgiveness.

1 hour ago, garuda3 said:

If you you own a gun then pick one I'm a..........

1- Killer

2- Coward

I haven't touch a weapon since  Vietnam 

Funny most gun owners I know never saw action in a war. 

You don't think that is overly simplistic? That the only reasons to own a gun are homicidal in nature or the result of cowardice? I did not fight in any war and never served in the military, I did hunt for several years and had guns for that purpose. I also had someone threaten the lives of my family and me, and I would have defended with a firearm them if necessary. That person is in prison now, so I am not terribly worried about him as long as that is where he stays. Still, I don't consider myself to be a coward for being prepared to defend my family if that was needed. 

We also just had a rabid fox attack my son, which could have been fatal had it not been for his TSS punching the fox to knock it out. That same animal had attacked other people that same morning, it would have been a good thing if one of them or someone else had shot the animal before it attacked more people like my son. 

This is the problem with our politics today. Trying to understand alternate points of view is considered heretical. One has to either oppose all gun control or support all gun control, but there can be no discussion as to the reasonableness of any proposed law or regulation, just a decision on which side you are on. Substitute anything else for gun control, taxes, abortion, religion, immigration, etc. and you have the same result. It is this type of absolutist purity tests for politicians which is destroying the country. We have elections, so we could remove the assholes if we just stopped voting for them. The problem is that we, in the aggregate, are the assholes since we keep electing them. We keep electing them, because only assholes see the world in such simplistic starkly binary terms. 

• Like 3

“We grieve for their families, and we ask that God will comfort them with his overflowing mercy and grace,”

here , I've just let some idiot shoot ya kids so now I.m gunna hit ya with me mercy 'n grace .

• Like 2

For our gun nuts who follow this sort of thing,

police said he used an AK-47-style rifle that he’d legally purchased in Nevada.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/ktvu-local-news/gilroy-garlic-festival-shooting-6-year-old-boy-13-year-old-girl-and-man-in-his-20s-idd-as-victims

Usually there's a run on the gun with prices spiking after one of these 2A celebrations. So y'all will need to jump on it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That's because an armed society is a polite society. Really, it's the fault of all these unarmed 'victims'. They bring it on themselves.

Walmarts in these parts have a robust gun department.  It's part of Sporting Goods.  Remember that if you find yourself in an active shooter situation in a Walmart.  

18 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Walmarts in these parts have a robust gun department.  It's part of Sporting Goods.  Remember that if you find yourself in an active shooter situation in a Walmart.  

Good idea. If I can but a gun in checkout fast enough, I can participate in the mayhem...

On 7/29/2019 at 1:20 AM, badlatitude said:

A special thanks to gun owners who have resisted any way to make these occurrences difficult. I hope God understands.

She doesn't.

59 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Joe, I would concentrate on getting in the checkout line at the pharmacy to get your meds instead of worrying about guns.  You appear to have run out again.  Just saying.

Hi Jeff.

Personal slams aside, let's discuss actual, recent, forum  content.  You give yourself high marks on listening, and high marks on history, and high marks on color blindness, while not retracting your scapegoater stats about the gangstas.

Wtf?

7 minutes ago, jzk said:

Seems like he was an Iranian white supremacist.  

Who said White Supremacists understood anything about their own heritage?  I would venture to say most don't and would be shocked to find out they actually aren't pure white.  Ignorance is like that.

2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Who said White Supremacists understood anything about their own heritage?  I would venture to say most don't and would be shocked to find out they actually aren't pure white.  Ignorance is like that.

Are you saying this shooter didn't know about his Iranian heritage?  If not, then what is the relevance of your statement?

1 minute ago, jzk said:

Are you saying this shooter didn't know about his Iranian heritage?  If not, then what is the relevance of your statement?

What's the relevance of your statement?  Are you saying he can't be a white supremacist if he has some dark skinned blood in his veins?  White supremacy is  based on ignorance.  Whether he knew he had Iranian blood or not, his views of the world are ignorant.  Even more so if he knew of his heritage.  

2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

What's the relevance of your statement?  Are you saying he can't be a white supremacist if he has some dark skinned blood in his veins?  White supremacy is  based on ignorance.  Whether he knew he had Iranian blood or not, his views of the world are ignorant.  Even more so if he knew of his heritage.  

I just said: "Seems like he was an Iranian white supremacist."  Why are you trying to attribute something that I didn't say to my statement?  His world views are the least of the problem.  He is an evil murdering asshole that should be put down.

25 minutes ago, jzk said:

I just said: "Seems like he was an Iranian white supremacist."  Why are you trying to attribute something that I didn't say to my statement?  His world views are the least of the problem.  He is an evil murdering asshole that should be put down.

So your comment was irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's an improvement over incoherent, but not much.

Someone called him a white supremacist and a whitey.  It is relevant to mention that he is Iranian.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Fuck off!  Gun grabbers bear about as much responsibility for foisting ridiculous gun grabber laws on us.  The whole 2A rights thing was not even an issue for most of our nation's history, nor was mass shootings.  The aggressive NRA movement was a response to the huge overreach of local, state and federal attempts to severely curtail that right.  Had your elk not gone so fucking far over the top in efforts to take guns away, you would have had a cooperative group of gun owners as a partner in the efforts to curtail violence.  

So while I don't condone all of the tactics and the rhetoric coming out of the NRA, I understand it.  The fact of the matter is that if some sensible gun legislation was proposed rather than the reflexive kneejerks, you would find that gun owners would be on board. 

And if you actually took a step back for a moment and realized that what WE have been calling for (Stricter enforcement of existing gun laws for starters), you would find that we would all be singing kumbaya right now.  

Yep there are SOME gun-owners who are the "From my cold dead hands" school of thought just as there are some gun grabbers who "want the big sky magnet to suck up ALL of the guns in America".  But there's a bunch of us in the middle who are fine with reasonable gun controls and regulations, provided the people proposing them are doing it in good faith and not as a pretext to grab more.  Frankly, I do not see that good faith in abundance.  Especially when there are people who say they will $pend con$iderable $ums of money to essentially do an end run around the 2A and remove guns from private citizen's hands.  

A really good first step if you want gun owners to meet you half way would be to acknowledge that gunz are not the root cause of the mayhem and that other underlying causes such as mental health, the war of drugs, poverty, hopelessness, etc ARE the root causes and we need to address these while at the same time making access to gunz harder for those that would do others harm.  You know, kinda like MADD didn't go after Booze and Automakers.  By not vilifying them, they actually enlisted booze and car makers to be partners in the fight against DUI.  I see no reason whatso FUCKING ever that the same thing can't be done with gun violence.  But I also realize trying to convince an abolitionist such as yourself of this is a fool's game.  Because one of these days (thinks BL) an abolitionist policy is finally going to work - despite spectacular failures with all the other times we tried prohibition in the US.  

Just saying.

what a bunch of crap. you are delusional, and quite out of touch.

now, in the natural course of things, you and the NRA are going down

the nature of the gun is your weakness

13 hours ago, jocal505 said:

what a bunch of crap. you are delusional, and quite out of touch.

now, in the natural course of things, you and the NRA are going down

the nature of the gun is your weakness

Hey dipshit, it is really not hard to make an ak-47.  You can ban them, but you can't get rid of them.  

27 minutes ago, jzk said:

Hey dipshit, it is really not hard to make an ak-47.  You can ban them, but you can't get rid of them.  

Works pretty well here.  Not a lot of AK 47 gun nuts causing mass carnage in the US.  Could be that gun nuts are too stupid to make AK 47’s.

I say we do the same with AR 15 variants.

16 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Fuck off!  Gun grabbers bear about as much responsibility for foisting ridiculous gun grabber laws on us.  The whole 2A rights thing was not even an issue for most of our nation's history, nor was mass shootings.  The aggressive NRA movement was a response to the huge overreach of local, state and federal attempts to severely curtail that right.  Had your elk not gone so fucking far over the top in efforts to take guns away, you would have had a cooperative group of gun owners as a partner in the efforts to curtail violence.  

So while I don't condone all of the tactics and the rhetoric coming out of the NRA, I understand it.  The fact of the matter is that if some sensible gun legislation was proposed rather than the reflexive kneejerks, you would find that gun owners would be on board. 

And if you actually took a step back for a moment and realized that what WE have been calling for (Stricter enforcement of existing gun laws for starters), you would find that we would all be singing kumbaya right now.  

Yep there are SOME gun-owners who are the "From my cold dead hands" school of thought just as there are some gun grabbers who "want the big sky magnet to suck up ALL of the guns in America".  But there's a bunch of us in the middle who are fine with reasonable gun controls and regulations, provided the people proposing them are doing it in good faith and not as a pretext to grab more.  Frankly, I do not see that good faith in abundance.  Especially when there are people who say they will $pend con$iderable $ums of money to essentially do an end run around the 2A and remove guns from private citizen's hands.  

A really good first step if you want gun owners to meet you half way would be to acknowledge that gunz are not the root cause of the mayhem and that other underlying causes such as mental health, the war of drugs, poverty, hopelessness, etc ARE the root causes and we need to address these while at the same time making access to gunz harder for those that would do others harm.  You know, kinda like MADD didn't go after Booze and Automakers.  By not vilifying them, they actually enlisted booze and car makers to be partners in the fight against DUI.  I see no reason whatso FUCKING ever that the same thing can't be done with gun violence.  But I also realize trying to convince an abolitionist such as yourself of this is a fool's game.  Because one of these days (thinks BL) an abolitionist policy is finally going to work - despite spectacular failures with all the other times we tried prohibition in the US.  

Just saying.

We all know the history behind gun growth and regulation. We also know that anything we propose will be met with howls of protest. We discovered some time ago that the peace gestures were all an act, and the NRA was mostly responsible for the attitude that made any deal almost impossible.

Meeting gun owners halfway will accomplish nothing, and any actual legislation will become a tort challenged in court. For that reason, I propose license, registration, and insurance as a start. It will pass muster in court, and could be recognized law easily.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, badlatitude said:

A special thanks to gun owners who have resisted any way to make these occurrences difficult. I hope God can find forgiveness.

When you used the gun show loophole to sell your ammosexual overcompensator to a "friend" you sure saddled him with a moral burden, didn't you?

12 hours ago, jzk said:

The frenchie claim. I read his article, one posted from the Kyber Pass.  There is no way, brother.

Let's see ya do it. They say I am a craftsman. I have a shop to die for, with a lifetime's collection of tools and parts. I would still need a forge, a milling machine, and a lot of other exotic (but major) stuff to accomplish the task. 

On 7/31/2019 at 11:58 AM, Bristol-Cruiser said:
On 7/29/2019 at 6:20 AM, badlatitude said:

A special thanks to gun owners who have resisted any way to make these occurrences difficult. I hope God understands.

She doesn't

Hiding behind a fairy tale won’t help. 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:58 PM, garuda3 said:

If you you own a gun then pick one I'm a..........

1- Killer

2- Coward

I haven't touch a weapon since  Vietnam 

Funny most gun owners I know never saw action in a war. 

I own 2 shotguns, I use them for skeet and clays.  What does make me and every other law abiding sport shooter? 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2019/08/03/el-paso-massacre-suspect-wrote-anti-immigrant-manifesto-before-attack-authorities-say

Authorities believe the suspect wrote the unsigned document, which appears to have been first posted on online forum 8chan.

The author states the attack is a response to a "Hispanic invasion" and says immigration is "detrimental to the future of America."

Three Mexican citizens were among those killed, Mexico's president Andrés Manuel López Obrador said in a video on Twitter.

The author also wrote that he supports the Christchurch shooter, referring to the man charged with 51 counts of murder and 40 counts of attempted murder after authorities say he carried out attacks on two mosques earlier this year in New Zealand.

The document also outlines what weapons the shooter planned to use in the attack — a WASR-10, which he describes as a "civilian version" of an AK-47, and possibly an AR-15.

"I didn't spend much time at all preparing for this attack. Maybe a month, probably less," he writes in the four-page document. "I have to do this before I lose my nerve."

In the last line of the manifesto, the shooter echoes white supremacist rhetoric, saying he's honored to fight to "reclaim my country."

Well hold on to your hats, you've another 9 or ten coming before the end of the year. 

2019 (so far) 10 11

2018 -19

2017 - 22

2016- 14

2015 -10

2014 -7

2013 -7

2012- 12

2011 -6

2010 - 5

2009- 6

2008- 3

2007 - 4

Think about it. Quadrupled in 10 years. doubled in the last 4. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States#2019

Edited by Shortforbob
Another one :(
On 8/3/2019 at 5:00 AM, Repastinate Tom said:
On 7/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, badlatitude said:

When you used the gun show loophole to sell your ammosexual overcompensator to a "friend" you sure saddled him with a moral burden, didn't you?

Wow, look at what your friend caused yesterday by owning such a tool. Not sure how assault weapon dealers like yourself can live with it.

8 minutes ago, Repastinate Tom said:

Wow, look at what your friend caused yesterday by owning such a tool. Not sure how assault weapon dealers like yourself can live with it.

Go away Tom. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Repastinate Tom said:

You should be here today expressing outrage; you should be angry, you should be asking for better mental health you should be donating blood, you should be offering comfort, you should be seeking answers. You should be looking to call Donald Trump the racist he has become, and you should damn that man for what he has done to us. There are dozens of reasons why you should be here this morning seeking or demanding what I posted above.

But you aren't here to do a single thing except offer a trite phrase hoping it takes some guilt for what happened from your shoulders, and hope that you can pass the guilt to anyone else. If you had even an ounce of decency, compassion, or respect, you would be doing anything but offering your stupid phraseology.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If you had even an ounce of decency, compassion, or respect, you would be doing anything but offering your stupid phraseology.

Well, anything that makes you feel better about being an "unlicensed dealer".

Did you feel guilt when a vehicle was run into a crowd in France? If not, please explain why I'm supposed to when a firearm is misused.

1 minute ago, bpm57 said:

Well, anything that makes you feel better about being an "unlicensed dealer".

Did you feel guilt when a vehicle was run into a crowd in France? If not, please explain why I'm supposed to when a firearm is misused.

You should feel something for the obstinacy that has prevented a solution from even being discussed. You should feel something besides thoughts and prayers when one of your ilks has killed innocent people. You should wonder why you never thought to donate even a drop of blood or offered a buck to help with burial costs, You should reflect as to why you never called your rep and asked if there was a solution at hand. I could do this all day,  but I won't because you will read one line and go on to something else.

There’s a single thing that correlates with mass shootings:  gun ownership per capita.

Not poverty, not religion, not culture, not “race”, not skin color, not education, not climate, not government type, not anything but gun ownership per capita.

You want to stop mass shootings?  Make gun ownership as restricted as car ownership.  Licensed, insured, tested, medically limited, restricted and policed and taxed.  With the “fuel” taxed as well.

All the rest of the yammering is nothing but thoughts and prayers.

• Like 4
  • 6 months later...
On 8/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, mad said:

I own 2 shotguns, I use them for skeet and clays.  What does make me and every other law abiding sport shooter? 

I’d like to think (as long as you have secure armory) that makes you a law abiding sports shooter.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:05 AM, Left Shift said:

There’s a single thing that correlates with mass shootings:  gun ownership per capita.

Not poverty, not religion, not culture, not “race”, not skin color, not education, not climate, not government type, not anything but gun ownership per capita.

You want to stop mass shootings?  Make gun ownership as restricted as car ownership.  Licensed, insured, tested, medically limited, restricted and policed and taxed.  With the “fuel” taxed as well.

All the rest of the yammering is nothing but thoughts and prayers.

Don’t forget noble and necessary sacrifices to our second amendment rights.