Jump to content

what is it?


Editor

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LeoV said:

Nope:
eagle36_layout.png

Cabin windows and 2 sets of winches make it look more like the 54, but cabin stepped mast is only on the 36.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathaniel Herreshoff called and wants his design back.

On a dollars per knot basis, it is on the far left of the bell curve.  

Great object to put in the middle ground of a painting of Penobscot Bay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mambo Kings said:

The Eagle 46, " Tusker".  

You could be right, but the cockpit coaming looks a little too long relative to the cabin???

It has to be a day sailer....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sidecar said:

You could be right, but the cockpit coaming looks a little too long relative to the cabin???

It has to be a day sailer....

Well, with a crummy V-berth, and standing headroom for the crapper and maybe a two burner stove, it sure as hell isn't a cruising boat.  

It is eye candy for the blue blazer/red pants set.  The ones that think Rodney Dangerfield was not over-dressed in his yachting garb.  It will certainly sail like crap.  6 knots in any direction once the wind is over 10 knots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6kts you say? Perhaps not an IRC racer but the render below "looks" balanced, and may be just as popular as the previous Dykstra 36ft Eagle-37-004.jpgI also spotted this drawing in February... Hoek.70.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nuttyrave said:

6kts you say? Perhaps not an IRC racer but the render below "looks" balanced, and may be just as popular as the previous Dykstra 36ft Eagle-37-004.jpgI also spotted this drawing in February... Hoek.70.jpg

Other than demonstrating you really miss the 1880's and have robber-baron, Newport "cottage" type money.  What is the point of that boat.  A 45' interior in a 70' boat with a pitiful sail handling gear, a miniscule paid hand's quarters, no sail locker, no stowage, no engine access and hardly anyplace to put the fenders.  That's all right, it's just more mooring-ball eye candy. 

Even the NYYC has moved into the recent decades with its fleets.  

Boats like this are the reason that PHRF set the 0-rating level where they did back in the 1950's: A rating that no boat could be expected to exceed and that now a decently fast 40'er can achieve now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, plain sailing said:

 "a whole lotta stuff"

uh, yeah.

you coulda just said "I like those designs, and while they may not be the most efficient use of space not everybody needs, wants or uses an efficient below decks.Plus I think that those designers pretty much know what they are doing. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But also don’t hack on someone who does.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Parma said:

looks PS deleted his post....wth?

Lot of work to just delete. Lot of $ to do 5 kt. I guess it's his MO.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Other than demonstrating you really miss the 1880's and have robber-baron, Newport "cottage" type money.  What is the point of that boat.  A 45' interior in a 70' boat with a pitiful sail handling gear, a miniscule paid hand's quarters, no sail locker, no stowage, no engine access and hardly anyplace to put the fenders.  That's all right, it's just more mooring-ball eye candy. 

Even the NYYC has moved into the recent decades with its fleets.  

Boats like this are the reason that PHRF set the 0-rating level where they did back in the 1950's: A rating that no boat could be expected to exceed and that now a decently fast 40'er can achieve now.  

Because they are gorgeous at the mooring or otherwise.  And if 45' of interior space is what you need, who gives a fuck how much is outside.  Newport cottage money is required for most boats over 30 feet nowadays so your ridiculous posturing just make you look, well, ridiculous.  Gawdam.  Why can't people around here just enjoy boats?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Because they are gorgeous at the mooring or otherwise.  And if 45' of interior space is what you need, who gives a fuck how much is outside.  Newport cottage money is required for most boats over 30 feet nowadays so your ridiculous posturing just make you look, well, ridiculous.  Gawdam.  Why can't people around here just enjoy boats?

You're right.  

Except about Newport cottage money.  That's that special kind of old money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

You're right.  

Except about Newport cottage money.  That's that special kind of old money.

I know what you're trying to say but I also know of a "theater" professor from upstate NY who just bought a summer cottage there.

Like boats, one size does not fit all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...