6 hours ago, flyhigh said:

Correct. The first pic of my past was linked to Yacht.de as a tribute. But with alle the pics and sailplan/decklayout/interior layout it had been the Swedes of Blur.se who presented the whole story online. Well - with their shorter sailing season they have to work harder - winter is coming.

Ahhhh don't want to snitch or anything but there's a dead guy lying in the bilge. Also probably doomed due to extreme asymmetry of the transom, and the prop looks like a tyre. 

Apart from those little sticking points it'll probably go ok. 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 7/18/2018 at 7:17 AM, Alcatraz5768 said:

Ahhhh don't want to snitch or anything but there's a dead guy lying in the bilge. Also probably doomed due to extreme asymmetry of the transom, and the prop looks like a tyre. 

On 7/18/2018 at 8:58 AM, LeoV said:

Interesting, their financial guys must have numbers that show this kind of boat is popular enough to try to enter the market...

Perhaps the dead guy is their financial guy, who must have objected to the building of the boat, as the numbers just did not work out.   The tire is full of old wheel weights and the sinister navigator is on his way to find the deepest hole in the North Sea to make the "issue" go away.

Just saying....

- Stumbling

On 8/24/2019 at 6:45 PM, ESRA TEW said:

What’s it rate?

Doesn't matter. Bulb will kill its IRC rating, ORC ... maybe. But it is markted as One Design anyway, so a bit like Figaro minus foils. Good Silverrudder advanced amateur sailing material. Like the JPK 960... 15 years ago.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:49 PM, chorus1 said:

Does she compete for the offshore olympic class 2024 ?

Yes, she is on the list. Hanse Yachts, Dehlers mother company claims to be one of the two biggest offshore yacht builders worldwide. Dehler has always build fast cruiser/racers and even olympic 470s. Could sell quite well over here. As it's one of the smallest boats they build, I don't believe the financial guy to have any headaches.

Developed by sailors, tested on the Baltic Sea, sold all over the world!

Based on the number of yachts sold throughout the world, HanseYachts AG is one of the two largest manufacturers of seagoing sailing yachts. HanseYachts AG is active all over the world in the field of sailing yachtsand motor yachts.

Very Figaro 3 looking  - even has a more proportioned (lengthier) Bowsprit. Like the Hugo Boss mimic as to the Honeycomb graphics.

Could be a sales hit, depending on pricing for the 9.50 type crowd. This is hot space right now - with Class 40 having got away from the Amateur scene because of cost - the 950 class is for those who are too mature (read less masochistic) for a Mini Transat. 

Lets hope it delivers in performance - its been a while since Dehler had some real performance boat in its line up.

• 2 weeks later...

We've seen a Dehler 34 & 38 out sailing, both good looking boats, and both with fixed sprits; are fixed sprits a new thing for Dehler boats generally or something for the American market only? The boats I have seen on YW don't show sprits

9 minutes ago, Parma said:

We've seen a Dehler 34 & 38 out sailing, both good looking boats, and both with fixed sprits; are fixed sprits a new thing for Dehler boats generally or something for the American market only? The boats I have seen on YW don't show sprits

I'm sure the 30OD will have it as a standard. It's OD for One Design, after all.

25 minutes ago, Matagi said:

I'm sure the 30OD will have it as a standard. It's OD for One Design, after all.

Of course for the OD30, but are they becoming the norm for the other dehler boats?

On 7/18/2018 at 2:17 PM, Alcatraz5768 said:

Attractive looking beast but at just 30ft LOA I can't see it doing well here on our pond (Port Phillip) with the  the spacing of the wave pattern. Several one design 9m / 30 fters have been tried here over the journey and nothing of that size gained any real traction.  Needs at least 3-4 feet more LOA to sail fast in the local conditions. I'm guessing that's a bit to do with the new Martini Racing build going to 34ft.

Have to say the polars on the website look a bit conservative / disappointing. Upwind I get it's limited by LWL, but I would expect a 2.8 ton 2.2m draft boat with a fathead main and a 95 sqm asym to make more than 11 knots in 20 TWS?

Speed targets on my 1997 Projection 920 (2.7 ton, 2m draft, 83 sqm asyms, 8.6m LWL, significantly smaller alu rig, not carbon) are not so different (6.5-6.8 up over about 10 TWS and 7-8 VMG down). That's a boat that rates 0.985 on IRC (and is by no means a bandit), whereas this might be approaching Sun Fast 3200s (1.000).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snowden said:

Have to say the polars on the website look a bit conservative / disappointing. Upwind I get it's limited by LWL, but I would expect a 2.8 ton 2.2m draft boat with a fathead main and a 95 sqm asym to make more than 11 knots in 20 TWS?

Speed targets on my 1997 Projection 920 (2.7 ton, 2m draft, 83 sqm asyms, 8.6m LWL, significantly smaller alu rig, not carbon) are not so different (6.5-6.8 up over about 10 TWS and 7-8 VMG down). That's a boat that rates 0.985 on IRC (and is by no means a bandit), whereas this might be approaching Sun Fast 3200s (1.000).

What's the angle your boat and the Dehler is projecting?