Northern Lake Michigan, N Manitou in the distance   

friend singlehandling a spinnaker last night

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Cyclones' pictes?  Maine, US of A. ( I thick ist Kahtadin in backgronde.)                            :)

Giant’s Tomb, Georgian Bay

55 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Isn't that the one somewhat/somewhere near Round Rock, Austin & Cedar Park?.....

Yeah, about an hour or so South of them, which is near in Texas.

13 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

1). My first trip thru West Texas (east bound) felt like crawling on my hands & knees for six weeks on the Moon....while my wisdom teeth were popping up.

2). I kinda had a fun 6500 mile r/trip road trip planned out a couple months ago (Ensenada, Baja to the beaches of Virginia and back....via all the back roads I could find). That trip just got killed 'cuz Son #1 is getting transferred to London-Land soon). But as I was making notes on where some new cool places to hit along the way were I suddenly thought of Padre Island(s) and thought 'AWESOME, have always wanted to check out that part of the country'. Then I checked the mileage from the 10 Freeway near El Paso.....and rudely discovered that it's like almost 800-f'ng-miles. ONE WAY. Jfc, I'm already 64....and there'd be a good chance I wouldn't even live long enough to get my toes in the frickin' water. Or see my Kidz again......:lol:

I'm guessing the speed limit back then was 55 mph, so yeah, plenty of time for your third molars to fully erupt.  We would drive "the 10 Freeway" and in the panhandle at night; scenery was pretty boring for hours and driving at night minimized the lack of speed.  Keeping an eye out for critters would help keep one alert.  But not always successfully.  One time on a rural highway southeast of Odessolate, late at night under a full moon, the local rabbits were having a rave.  In the road as far as I could see.  Honking only made them turn tail and run in the opposite direction down the road.  After about five minutes in first gear and going as slow as possible, I'd run over a few dozen.  Heart breaking and sickening.  But I needed to be at work in a few hours and knew I wouldn't make it unless I sped up.  It was like going over rumble strips for what seemed an eternity.  I admit that after a while I had to laugh.  I couldn't help but wonder what other drivers would think as they surveyed the carnage once the sun was up.  Go ahead, imagine it.  Indelible in the hippocampus.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, El Mariachi said:

Hey R/Tuna....I took this pic about 9 years ago during one of our American Road Trips with the Nurse & the Nursetta. We were somewhere near your big lake and were hanging with a certain Anarchist who took us out on a certain small plastic cat. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where I was standing when I Nikon'd this guy. Any clew?.....:lol:

FB_IMG_1585230863636.jpg

I'm guessing you were standing on shore.  That pic could be any number of rivers around here.  Guadalupe, Blanco, Colorado...

Don't recall anyone with a plastic cat.  I vaguely recall you visiting DaveK in Austin when he had a Weta, but that has one more hull than you remember.  Was alcohol involved, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, Morgan Crewed said:

Christmas Cove Beach, MI - near the very tip of the Leelanau Peninsula.

2021.07.29 Christmas Cove Sunset - SML.jpg

Nice! I’ve got something similar -

36CFB276-7F66-4C1F-A729-4EFAD655A801.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cyclone said:

International air traffic must be picking up. Counted eight contrails

5A8E426C-6B51-4255-A942-44769677AB71.thumb.jpeg.6fa4a82fb1c169768a4ad0d5a1ae87c6.jpeg

We noticed that this year too. A huge increase over last year at this time.

DSC_7567.thumb.jpg.d2726cf12125d3c43f22904e186345be.jpgDSC_7567.thumb.jpg.d2726cf12125d3c43f22904e186345be.jpg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Jazzdog said:

Northern Lake Michigan, N Manitou in the distance 

3F3B1410-80D4-4F9D-A003-FB27789D8F60.jpeg

Yep, could have told you the location.  Unforgettable to me.