Show your boat not sailing

Since I don't have a drone or friends on boats with cameras, I figured I'd start a thread for those poor souls who're boat-proud but similarly deprived.

Here's ours in full lazy family cruising mode at the Rosario dock with sails tightly stowed in case of hurricane, dinghy at the ready to abandon ship, and hammock deployed in anger.IMG_20180808_094750.jpg.f910649ef47db900edb4004e18f0f7ba.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In The Pool, Georgian Bay:

Not sailing last weekend in the Fox Island Thoroughfare, Penobscot Bay, Maine. Fall, best light for photos, is here.   

Posted Images

This is our boat in cruising mode at Friday Harbor.  This was a week after we bought it, and the first day that we sailed it.

IMG_1767-L.jpg

Sunshade deployed, no sail cover because the one that came with the boat didn't fit, and a dinghy tied up to the stern.

13920518_10153623801935780_2025656370421

I took this one on the same trip from halfway up the mast while we were motoring.  I don't remember why I climbed the mast while underway, but it doesn't require a drone!

We entered a fog bank an hour after this photo was taken and were closer than was comfortable to a container ship.  AIS was installed later that evening...

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Ajax said:

Me and a sistership anchored...but taken with a drone!:lol:

36713738_10214701190236924_8029748909595164672_n.jpg

Looks like they're trying to mate. Is that appropriate for sisters?

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

You're not supposed to break your toys. Let this be a lesson to you.

That reminds me of a scolding from my dad when I was about 17.  "You know it is going to cost you a lot more if you keep driving like that." says dad.  My response: "I know"

Didn't know it could take that long for a boom...  Money, sure, lots, but 4 months?

6 hours ago, sailak said:

That reminds me of a scolding from my dad when I was about 17.  "You know it is going to cost you a lot more if you keep driving like that." says dad.  My response: "I know"

Didn't know it could take that long for a boom...  Money, sure, lots, but 4 months?

Bit of a story Sailak. Suffice to say I had probs with int supplier, ended up getting it done locally.  

12 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

IMG_0203A.thumb.jpg.c82923137c6201713c6b0b79fa0074a8.jpg

It's been 3-4 months now parked up whilst waiting for a boom..

Fuck its nice to be sailing again.

Quite the family cruiser there, Shaggs. More pics????

Just now, dylan winter said:

she will sail in 18 inches of water -and sits upright when the tide goes away.

I regard people with deep keels as being depth challenegd

D

LOL..."deep" is relative. At 4.5' my boat isn't usually considered deep but I sure can't beach the boat like that. :)

I sail my Hobie Cat to get on the beach. Oh- my Polynavicular Morbus is flaring up. I'll be purchasing a Dyer Dhow shortly, complete with sailing rig.  That'll get me onto the beach. ;)

https://www.cruisingworld.com/dyer-dhow-sailing-dinghy

4 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

You can't just drop a pic like that without comment. What is she?  Looks gorgeous.

1930 8mr by William Fife. called Falcon. this was getting ready for the world cup in Hanko. In 2 weeks we'll be sailing her in St Tropez.... life is tough...

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Quite the family cruiser there, Shaggs. More pics????

G'day Cruising,

She's definitely a cruiser when compared to her sister version :). The top pic is Fusion, the 2nd is a Pogo 40. IMG_0229_zpsdwivcvri.thumb.JPG.f1c0a6e12a6b1aa0c3efab3f0d26849d.JPG

class40.thumb.jpg.711f2c5ce5a15f8ab6f3dd9aff24fd7a.jpgFusiona.thumb.JPG.1211b3f7a978d6d3bd8cc5c43cf29714.JPG

Scanas and Frodo convinced me to put the kite up after this pic, we were merrily planing along with 22 pob.....good fun, except I had to stay sober.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JMOD said:

1930 8mr by William Fife. called Falcon. this was getting ready for the world cup in Hanko. In 2 weeks we'll be sailing her in St Tropez.... life is tough...

I recently raced against Angelita, an 8mr built in 1928 and raced at the 1932 Olympics. Glad your willing to sacrifice for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

G'day Cruising,

She's definitely a cruiser when compared to her sister version :). The top pic is Fusion, the 2nd is a Pogo 40. IMG_0229_zpsdwivcvri.thumb.JPG.f1c0a6e12a6b1aa0c3efab3f0d26849d.JPG

class40.thumb.jpg.711f2c5ce5a15f8ab6f3dd9aff24fd7a.jpgFusiona.thumb.JPG.1211b3f7a978d6d3bd8cc5c43cf29714.JPG

Scanas and Frodo convinced me to put the kite up after this pic, we were merrily planing along with 22 pob.....good fun, except I had to stay sober.  

Very cool, and thanks. I like the interior. While it's not a boat I'd be likely to own, I very much appreciate that you have a cool boat that speaks to you.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I recently raced against Angelita, an 8mr built in 1928 and raced at the 1932 Olympics. Glad your willing to sacrifice for the rest of us.

angelita is a lovely double ender! she always looks great in pictures

7 hours ago, Ajax said:

LOL..."deep" is relative. At 4.5' my boat isn't usually considered deep but I sure can't beach the boat like that. :)

I sail my Hobie Cat to get on the beach. Oh- my Polynavicular Morbus is flaring up. I'll be purchasing a Dyer Dhow shortly, complete with sailing rig.  That'll get me onto the beach. ;)

https://www.cruisingworld.com/dyer-dhow-sailing-dinghy

I have some tips for towing....

1 minute ago, Bull City said:

Mr. Willin', you Maine folks are really tempting fate with those offset companionways! Beautiful boats though.:)

Ain't no thang! I just always sail on a starboard tack! :-)

Thanks guys, she's a good boat.

• Like 1
On 9/13/2018 at 12:26 PM, Norse Horse said:

See how peaceful she looks in that lovely cove...:)

80631986-sunken-sailboat-in-the-bay-of-kotor-shipwreck-.jpg

Kind of like the old drug running boat in the Florida Keys. They’d pump it out at night, blowtorch the deisel to melt the wax in the cylinders, fire it up and make the run. Sun up comes and the boat goes back down!

On 9/12/2018 at 8:03 PM, Bull City said:

This is TONIC in her slip, lithe, supple, minding her own business, shortly after her stay at the luxury spa.Tonic_4.thumb.jpg.684fedec57af22b84bdc8569686ce899.jpg

Gotta love a skinny sailboat. Very nice, Bull.

3 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

DASH at the dock

Banshee

Horse Chicks from a drone

C518E95D-7B8B-4357-A210-9C0467D45ECD.jpeg

4155492C-839C-40E5-858F-3FABA85C7771.jpeg

47481390-DD1F-4E40-880A-DBA8BD39E04C.jpeg

A93AF17F-F1B7-4ED4-B123-F298B1E0403C.jpeg

Some folks have all the luck. Three beauties for sure, Beer.

3 hours ago, woahboy said:

Some folks have all the luck. Three beauties for sure, Beer.

Thanks, I set goals and worked my ass off to achieve the amount of debt and maintenance work I have each year!!!

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Thanks. Skinny makes for nice sailing. We do some knee knocking in the cabin, but it's worth it.

Bull, hope you and SWMBO are in good shape and Tonic as well.

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

Thanks, I set goals and worked my ass off to achieve the amount of debt and maintenance work I have each year!!!

I’m about to take the plunge. Give me a few months and I too will be there as well. I sure do like the turbo’d Ensign. There was a large and active fleet on Lake St. Clair in MI where I grew up.

• Like 1