Sydney to Hobart 2019

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Windy tracker is also working this year: https://gis.ee/sh/  

Correct Thanks.. XL2  (42) or so deep thought computer tells us 3 years ago ... still has manual grinders Forestay not halyard Weight forward only... keel can do the

I'm involved in that my name is on the boat, to which someone has attached a keel which it was not designed to carry, issuing a construction method we would never agree to use and have refused to in t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mr. Coventry said:

Infotrack first out of the heads 

668365776_StartSydneyHobart8.PNG.d1e210cf1497b28237e541fa0a401fb3.PNG
I liked this close encounter.
1965524481_StartSydneyHobart7.thumb.PNG.647fd6571d99735d53a168e97fa2e1f4.PNG

Infotrack far ahead.
1105485276_StartSydneyHobart9.thumb.PNG.91d92822c4286a9c0e3d79d6d5293526.PNG

5 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

IF you were driving Comanche, with a howling NE wind, would you want to be anywhere  near RIcho and Witty in the harbor? a minute behind at the heads and not having to go to the room is a safe bet. 

In what part of the world is 16-18 knots of wind classed as "howling" now?

If they had Moose of Bannatyne on the helm chances are they would have been on the money and already extending a healthy lead rather then picking there way through the fleet and having to play catch up offshore.

Love the WA boat Enterprise, Skipper Anthony Kirke. 
Wonder if the spinnaker is called the warp drive ?

4 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Is Wild Oats last of the 100's ATM? Can't quite make out the positions after Comanche and Infotrack. Looks like Scally may have overtaken her? 

It was second last at 1:51pm.  Blackjack last but not by much.

2 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Should prob be in front of BJ but apart from that it’s placed where it should be. 

Yeah looks like BJ & OATS boat for boat now. Comanche going 3-4 knots faster than the rest. Ichi Ban on fire no surprise perhaps

Just now, terrafirma said:

Yeah looks like BJ & OATS boat for boat now. Comanche going 3-4 knots faster than the rest. Ichi Ban on fire no surprise perhaps

Comanche heading out cause they want to keep it hot (WOXI & BJ aren’t going to play that game) Comanche, might as well use that angle while it’s there or perhaps Comanche sees a different window for the transition. But I guess the first option. 

Ichi doing what Ichi does. 

3 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Stan Honey positioning the Indian out to sea by a fair way. He's routing the best option he thinks for the Southerly change. They maybe quite a few miles ahead by then so interesting times by 6-7pm today? 

Be interesting to see how it plays out as usual.