Sydney to Hobart 2019

14 minutes ago, lydia said:

Going with alive. 

Alway good to be the club house leader

Not looking like much after you round Tasman right now

Naah, I think Quest, time to beat is 10pm dead, with 45 nm out, that's doable, they will also have more tidal advantage than others as far as I can see. 

Will be interesting to see,if smaller ones will park as bad as all earlier contenders or make it through without screeching halt, too early to see, but I always always always think Komatsu here. 7.5 kts average needed, that is marginal for them, but not impossible.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Windy tracker is also working this year: https://gis.ee/sh/  

Correct Thanks.. XL2  (42) or so deep thought computer tells us 3 years ago ... still has manual grinders Forestay not halyard Weight forward only... keel can do the

I'm involved in that my name is on the boat, to which someone has attached a keel which it was not designed to carry, issuing a construction method we would never agree to use and have refused to in t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 33jesus said:

Wait... really? They hit a shark and dropped the sails??

https://7news.com.au/sport/sailing/shark-collision-cruels-supermaxi-scallywag-c-624148

Shark killed in mid-race collision with Sydney to Hobart supermaxi Scallywag

An ill-timed collision with a shark ruined Hong Kong supermaxi SHK Scallywag 100's chances of a Sydney to Hobart podium finish, the yacht's gutted skipper says.

David Witt, who launched a scathing attack at officials over radio check-in protocols in the lead-up to the race, said the accident happened on Friday night.

Scallywag had led the 75th edition of the race for much of Friday before being overtaken late in the day by eventual line honours winner Comanche.

The overseas yacht was locked in a tussle with the other three supermaxis when things went awry near Tasman Light off the state's southeast.

"We hit a shark and it wrapped around the rudder," Witt, who was competing in his 24th Sydney to Hobart, told AAP.

"We had to drop all the sails and back the boat up to get the dead shark off the rudder. We lost about four miles."

Scallywag crossed the finish line in fourth on Saturday morning, a mere 38 seconds behind nine-time winner Wild Oats XI and an hour from InfoTrack in second.

"It basically cost us running second," Witt said of the shark encounter.

'We hit a shark and it wrapped around the rudder'

"We're really, really disappointed because it's probably the best the team has ever sailed.

"I've never been so upset with a result in my life because I know we didn't do anything wrong."

It's been a cruel two years for Witt and his crew after Scallywag was forced to pull out of the 2018 race due to a broken bowspr

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, lydia said:

Going with alive. 

If the wind holds long enough, the overall handicap podium will be filled from those near Tasman Island right now. If not, Alive could steal it.

Low tide Hobart is 1755 hrs.

7 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

If the wind holds long enough, the overall handicap podium will be filled from those near Tasman Island right now. If not, Alive could steal it.

Low tide Hobart is 1755 hrs.

The bunch of boats east of Bicheno appear to be running out of breeze with the wind transition to the Southerlies. The TP52s have the handicap won as there appears to be plenty of wind across Storm bay but the Derwent may have lighter winds....

45 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I'm glad they race on corrected time - flawed though that always is . . 

nothing against the billionaires and their beautiful boats, 

but sailboat racing is not just for them. 

Corrected ain’t exactly cheap either mate. 

2018 Alive RP66

2017 Ichi Ban TP52

2016 Giacomo VO70

2014 Balance TP52

2013 Wild Rose Farr 43

2012 Victoire Cookson 50

2011 LOKI RP 63? 

2010 SMB 3.6 RP51

2009 Two True B40

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Chucky said:

The bunch of boats east of Bicheno appear to be running out of breeze with the wind transition to the Southerlies. The TP52s have the handicap won as there appears to be plenty of wind across Storm bay but the Derwent may have lighter winds....

Hard to see anyone north of Fortesque Bay now being on the overall handicap podium......

• Like 1

Of the Skinny 100's Wild Oats proved to be king. She came from a long way back to claim 3rd. Black Jack on the other hand failed to deliver after all her mods. There will be some questions asked unless there was an underlying reason they couldn't match it with the others consistently? Also Mark Bradford talked up their sail configuration and questioned the others? 

10 minutes ago, Twocan said:
  4 hours ago, Change said:
Did anyone else see the Indian main sheet pumping on ABC?

Twocan Said: Popping battens, move on.

Was this a bait from Change? After the AIS drama of last year is someone looking to create a new one? Humm very suss by "CHANGE"

syho17cb_2730219.jpg

LDV Comanche launches from a wave, enjoying the near-perfect conditions for downwind sailing on the morning of the second day ROLEX/Carlo Borlenghi

looks a tad drier than what Sanderson and Honey once had .

16 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Alive in with a chance for the rare double of 2 years running if the Derwent comes into play late late tomorrow to hold Ichi out .  

Could resist this. 

The degrading front that came through this morning has contrary to forecast stalled and it's worst bit positioned further south in Storm Bay. This is literally dividing Storm Bay into two zones. The South out of the SW and dying in the arse and the North fresher at 15+ out of the ESE. This system will be displaced but how long?

This is what has taken Ichi towards the western Bruny shore. If it can't get through the transition into the ESE, and or beat Derwent shut down/tide, Alive is back in the money.

Out

PS. Just checked. Alive now #3 with Ichi doing 2k with 24 DTG and having 40 minutes currently up its sleeve and Quest buried at the moment on the east side.

Edited by jack_sparrow
PS added.
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Could resist this. 

The degrading front that came through this morning has contrary to forecast stalled and it's worst bit positioned further south in Storm Bay. This is literally dividing Storm Bay into two zones. The South out of the SW and dying in the arse and the North fresher at 15+ out of the ESE. This system will be displaced but how long?

This is what has taken Ichi towards the western Bruny shore. If it can't get through the transition into the ESE, and or beat Derwent shut down/tide, Alive is back in the money.

Out

PS. Just checked. Alive now #3 with Ichi doing 2k with 24 DTG and having 40 minutes currently up its sleeve and Quest buried at the moment on the east side.

And the Polish Maserati is sticking to her like glue, a wise move.

Alive now up to #2, up from #6 only a few hours ago.

How have you been Jack?

11 minutes ago, Mid said:

More specifically, with a big overlapping zero, keeping the slot open and minimizing turbulence across the back side of the main seems likely to be the driving factor, versus adding a bit of helm. Always amazes me how much above centerline they trim those things. 

Maybe someday I will get to ride on something larger than 8 meters.

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I wonder what the best finish was per least dollar/euro/peso spent? 

A very interesting question, I'm sure the scribes here will come up with something.

You would have to back a few years buy most likely a 30ish footer.

9 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

8 hours ago, ALL@SEA said:

dual

8 hours ago, Osprey05 said:

As some guessed, Comanche intentionally stayed off the line at the start...post race interview:  

7 hours ago, olaf hart said:

Nic is live-streaming the finish from her sailor girl page on Facebook..

6 hours ago, olaf hart said:

Nikki did a great job, and is going out later for more live streaming.

her viewer numbers shot up by 500 or so after I posted above, let’s give her some support, a real sailor who knows what she is talking about.

Facebook, Adventures of a a Sailor Girl.

Well done, give yourself a big pat on your back...

What would she do without you making that post. You should take all the credit you deserve for helping her.

:rolleyes:

• Downvote 1
37 minutes ago, gravy waltz said:

Quest is stuck in a hole. Speed has been below 3 knots for the last 20 minutes.

6.1kt now. Bloody painful! 34nm to go, just inside 4 hours to do it (to pip Alive), and it’s just going to tick away in front of them

24 minutes ago, paps49 said:

A very interesting question, I'm sure the scribes here will come up with something.

How about % of wealth spent on a boat campaign?  Some people just have the bloody ruples to blow.   Doesn’t ding their bottom line.

Rest of us?    My ex-wife had to bail me out a few times.   “...reckless spending.”   But dear that new main is just cracking fine to look at.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, paps49 said:

I think he was referring to overall winners. 

If not, the answer is obvious - some boat which sailed for a charity & used their funds. 

1 hour ago, Varan said:

Is the main trimmed above centerline primarily to open the slot?

The main is above centerline for a couple of reasons:  To provide some weather helm to counteract the leeward vector of the headsail, and It also allows the main to be twisted off at the upper leach of the fat head to match the twist of the headsail, both sails together forming a single unit and matching the twist in the apparent wind due to the surface friction of the water in the lower bit of the air column.  Remember the screamer on Wild Oats asking for "More twist, More twist!" when they were accelerating?  The twist also assures,during acceleration, that some portion of the airfoil is at the right angle of attack.

Is the myth of the "slot" still out there for airfoils working in tandem?  I thought Tom Whidden's analyses put the kibosh on that fallacy long ago.  Once the starting vortex has been shed from the leach of the main, the Kutta condition affects the whole sailplan as a unit, with the sharp trailing edge requirement of the airfoil met by the leach of the main.

Where's the open "slot" in this set up?   It's all about proper twist and leach tension.

3-degrees-of-seperation-768x432.jpg.cdc7bc3938bc60aa27e1b6c45dc95a7a.jpg

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

If not, the answer is obvious - some boat which sailed for a charity & used their funds. 

My mistake, I thought he was talking Tatts winners.
If we are talking line honours has to be something Syd was driving Shirley?

8 hours ago, mad said:

Grow up. 

Mad, we are all adults here and there have been way more disgusting things said on this forum over the years.
I have been absent here since the Woxi protest tirade, which was very enjoyable. Popped in a few days ago because it's the best STH information available and dipshit not only calls me out for no reason but uses an very old trash name which indicates he is a serial pest.

I shot from the hip and it felt good.

5 hours ago, 33jesus said:

Wait... really? They hit a shark and dropped the sails??

might have been a sunfish ???must have been a sense of dejavu for media whiz witty .... that was the same line his mate warro used with witty on board when scandia didnt get on the podium ...

you have to feel sorry for the owner SenHui after witty spent all the $$$$..its gone up in smoke ...again

he has been sharked again??

4 minutes ago, barfly said:

might have been a sunfish ???must have been a sense of dejavu for media whiz witty .... that was the same line his mate warro used with witty on board when scandia didnt get on the podium ...

you have to feel sorry for the owner SenHui after witty spent all the $$$$..its gone up in smoke ...again

warro was onboard.....

14 minutes ago, barfly said:

They sailed a pretty bloody respectable race to be in the mix all the way and to end up where they did I reckon. If it is the case they lost a few miles for the shark even more so.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

Probably Gun Runner.

Annual budget is $4k and they do so many races

https://livesaildie.com/rolex-sydney-hobart-yacht-race-gun-runner-the-little-boat-with-a-lot-of-heart/

Given that only a small percentage of boats win or even place in a division, you might as well forget the $/silverware factor and look at the cost/participation ratio.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Probably Gun Runner.

Annual budget is $4k and they do so many races

https://livesaildie.com/rolex-sydney-hobart-yacht-race-gun-runner-the-little-boat-with-a-lot-of-heart/

Given that only a small percentage of boats win or even place in a division, you might as well forget the $/silverware factor and look at the cost/participation ratio.

$4000 I’m in!! $2600 alone in the entry fee. $1300 paid on time. Leaves them $2700. You might be able to pay for the insurance with that. Rig inspection for insurance, IRC renewal, food, berthing, raft & plb hire, HF sign off, survey presuming it’s pre ABS, drugs (the first aid kind) ORCI renewal to prove stability, though I noticed they aren’t entered in that division, life jackets serviced, Danbuoy service & 1000 things. 

45 minutes ago, barfly said:

Shouldn't you be protesting or something?

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, barfly said:

Fucking Gaylord

8 hours ago, Schakel said:

@ Mad,

t's just someting you can't comprehend,
But go ahead full steam ahead. just like Titanic. 
We can't possibly sink by being foolish.
Leonardo.png.058ac99e0d1639829b0c97cabeeaf5f8.png

He is going to die.

WTF are you talking about??!

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, mad said:

WTF are you talking about??!

You use top events as basis for personal grunges and spoil about everything in your life with your attitude.
Using What the Fuck as normal words used every day in every post you write,
Good racing wasn't it?

4 minutes ago, Schakel said:

You use top events as basis for personal grunges and spoil about everything in your life with your attitude.
Using What the Fuck as normal words used every day in every post you write,
Good racing wasn't it?

The racing was good, but I still have no idea what you’re trying to say.......a fairly consistent theme in most of your rambling posts. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

$4000 I’m in!! $2600 alone in the entry fee. $1300 paid on time. Leaves them $2700. You might be able to pay for the insurance with that. Rig inspection for insurance, IRC renewal, food, berthing, raft & plb hire, HF sign off, survey presuming it’s pre ABS, drugs (the first aid kind) ORCI renewal to prove stability, though I noticed they aren’t entered in that division, life jackets serviced, Danbuoy service & 1000 things. 

What's the minimum insurance you need for the race? Stability remains valid for some period of time after your ORCi  rating has lapsed. Self servicing of life jackets allowed by state regulations and is easy.

In the case of GR, chances are that the Army pays for the "club facilities", home marina and perhaps a few other things. Not all costs mentioned are annual if the boat is maintained in cat 1...

Repeated campaigns will make subsequent races less expensive and the GR team probably gets to pass on some costs to their masters.

Just now, mad said:

The racing was good, but I still have no idea what you’re trying to say.......a fairly consistent theme in most of your rambling posts. 

What the fuck is a consistent theme in your post.
And insult. Throwing shit all the time like you are a mad man.
Real proud on your attitude aren't you?
https://tenor.com/view/rage-iquit-angry-table-flip-studying-gif-4905184

3 minutes ago, Schakel said:

What the fuck is a consistent theme in your post.
And insult. Throwing shit all the time like you are a mad man.
Real proud on your attitude aren't you?
https://tenor.com/view/rage-iquit-angry-table-flip-studying-gif-4905184

Still no idea, carry on, you’re on a roll. :P

Thanks for the downvotes as well. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

This is quitte funny.
909973296_Fasterforward.PNG.f26370e643f27664e8afbaa5887a871a.PNG
Anal rape and other prison behaviour daily
1051506989_analrape.thumb.PNG.2fba3a57bf3c6fb1958f7e75728c0752.PNG

14 minutes ago, Schakel said:

This is quitte funny.
909973296_Fasterforward.PNG.f26370e643f27664e8afbaa5887a871a.PNG

Schakel, please do us all a favour and go frequent another forum - you are not value adding here!

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

What's the minimum insurance you need for the race? Stability remains valid for some period of time after your ORCi  rating has lapsed. Self servicing of life jackets allowed by state regulations and is easy.

I know we had to carry AUS10m as any rescue is billed.

1 minute ago, Recidivist said:

Schakel, please do us all a favour and go frequent another forum - you are not value adding here!

At Recidivist, That is where it's all about.
Grand Veteran field.
964770509_GrandVeterans.PNG.88e770f2e04c412714acdfecc4d06876.PNG
natelle-two.jpg.9b42087f03d46b660090f991b599c691.jpgLove-and-War-ROLEX-Daniel-Forster.JPG.2d911c48e48cc6b9e190302b70589e09.JPG
kialoa-2.jpg.036c61b4c58023a9dad68e3d5f0555e7.jpgkatwinchar.jpg.ccf10d87c1820c1697c3f2d5f94ad8ee.jpg
fidelis.jpg.0ab831efc10aef4bc4be75357365f4ae.jpg
I Like the Knut Reimers 61 design.

3 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Well done, give yourself a big pat on your back...

What would she do without you making that post. You should take all the credit you deserve for helping her.

:rolleyes:

Whatever.....

2 minutes ago, Schakel said:

At Recidivist, That is where it's all about.
Grand Veteran field.
964770509_GrandVeterans.PNG.88e770f2e04c412714acdfecc4d06876.PNG
natelle-two.jpg.9b42087f03d46b660090f991b599c691.jpgLove-and-War-ROLEX-Daniel-Forster.JPG.2d911c48e48cc6b9e190302b70589e09.JPG
kialoa-2.jpg.036c61b4c58023a9dad68e3d5f0555e7.jpgkatwinchar.jpg.ccf10d87c1820c1697c3f2d5f94ad8ee.jpg
fidelis.jpg.0ab831efc10aef4bc4be75357365f4ae.jpg
I Like the Knut Reimers 61 design.

Yay for you.

I sailed in Hobart races against both Kialoa 2 and Fidelis - also Love and War (probably Natelle 2 also) but I still don't know what the fuck you are contributing to the discussion - indeed I think you are not trying to contribute - just slagging off at another poster (who, I might add, has far more credibility here than you have).  I would really like to see you disappear (which, of course, I can do by putting you on ignore).  Please fuck off. 

Thanking you in anticipation.

6 minutes ago, LionIsland said:

Am I missing something or is it pretty much “glasses down” for Ichi Bum overall? 

St Jude needs to average 13.13kt from here (c.f. 8.3kt average so far)

Daguet needs 26kt 

Enterprise 11.1kt 

Philosopher 10.35kt

Azzuro 8.61kt

Patriot 10.45kt

Katwinchar 8.27kt

Love & War 11.18kt

Chutzpah 14.93kt

Gun Runner 10.4kt

So yeah I reckon.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

In the case of GR, chances are that the Army pays for the "club facilities", home marina and perhaps a few other things. Not all costs mentioned are annual if the boat is maintained in cat 1...

Repeated campaigns will make subsequent races less expensive and the GR team probably gets to pass on some costs to their masters.

You’d be mad to do, probably the riskiest race in Aus, uninsured. After you put months into getting it ready, I think you’d feel differently about that. ORCI you can use expired 2yrs? As long as owner hasn’t changed. Repeated campaigns = cheaper. Doubt it, always upgrades required. It’s the million little things that add up for the owners + breakages. 

On 12/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Schakel said:

@ mad,

You are so an incredible asshole, your own mother wouldn't recognise  you after I raped you.
He is an aquitantance of mine: served in the same student society, He didn't make it. Thet's why he's so frustrated.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:48 PM, Schakel said:

Why Bother,

It's just a game,

I know who you are. Allard.

It's full  of  aggresion

Not the nicest thing to do,
You do not, And I repeat, You do not, whish to be where the criminals are.
You are not, They are,  Criminolagist ,, report from own county are good.
Deal with it.

I 'll send you own  e- Mail

On 12/26/2019 at 11:19 PM, Schakel said:

Didn't make it, do not bother
Because he was too lazy and too  stupid for high ingtellgent life , Do You want to  visit Mad?
I have  photographs of him.
Don't do you do like "Master of alle Puppets" because he is a retard.

Do you want me to send me some photo's in a very backed warded joint where here frenquelty joins in?

So I went back to have a look at a couple of the recent postings from my new stalker........ I’d missed a lot of these little gems. :wacko:

5 hours ago, Twocan said:

Popping battens, move on.

I moved on and watched Sailor Girl. Comanche was on port tack in pressure for at least 10 minutes before the wind died, the headsail backed a little but not the main so battens all good as confirmed by the ABC coverage and the Rolex vid . On Sailor girl looking down centre line from the stern, at approximately 1 hour and 8 minutes the pumping started and continued sometimes stopping, but overall for at least a minute. If the defense is the batten needed popping the way other boats have done in the past is to send someone up.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Change said:

I moved on and watched Sailor Girl. Comanche was on port tack in pressure for at least 10 minutes before the wind died, the headsail backed a little but not the main so battens all good as confirmed by the ABC coverage and the Rolex vid . On Sailor girl looking down centre line from the stern, at approximately 1 hour and 8 minutes the pumping started and continued sometimes stopping, but overall for at least a minute. If the defense is the batten needed popping the way other boats have done in the past is to send someone up.

So you suggest a certain contender with an affinity to certain hair products should take a certain action?

4 minutes ago, Change said:

It seemed you were trying to question Comanche's win? Kyle Langford was trying to pop the batten. Sending someone up takes considerable time, It's more common to pop the batten this way and Sailor Girl also made the comment they were trying to pop the batten. I would take offence to your suggestion if I were Jim Cooney. They were sailing on live TV, think about that for a second... 

On 12/26/2019 at 9:43 PM, Hitchhiker said:
On 12/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Schakel said:

@ mad,

You are so an incredible asshole, your own mother woud't recognise you after I raped you.
He is an aquitantance of mine: served in the same student society, He didn't make it. Thet's why he's so frustrated.

Whoa! That went south so fast

What’s that about?? :blink::P

13 minutes ago, Matagi said:

So you suggest a certain contender with an affinity to certain hair products should take a certain action?

Change suffers from the Tall Poppy Syndrome IMO. National TV footage and drone footage of the finish showed Comanche pretty much the whole way up the Derwent. I watched it and Olivia's commentary and Nic Douglas's commentary. Change was the only person to bring this up? What does that say??? 

32 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

You’d be mad to do, probably the riskiest race in Aus, uninsured. After you put months into getting it ready, I think you’d feel differently about that. ORCI you can use expired 2yrs? As long as owner hasn’t changed. Repeated campaigns = cheaper. Doubt it, always upgrades required. It’s the million little things that add up for the owners + breakages. 

I don't know, some people are mad... a lot of cruisers cross oceans "self insured". Insurance (beyond minimum requirement) can depend on your mentality and the acceptance of the financial risk. I personally have always had full comp insurance even with cheap shit cars.

The 1st race requires expenditure to get the boat to cat 1, there after you need to maintain it. Boats like Ichi perhaps race with new main every year but GR will probably a have main built for durability and many years of racing... 

6 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

It seemed you were trying to question Comanche's win? Kyle Langford was trying to pop the batten. Sending someone up takes considerable time, It's more common to pop the batten this way and Sailor Girl also made the comment they were trying to pop the batten. I would take offence to your suggestion if I were Jim Cooney. They were sailing on live TV, think about that for a second... 

No not questioning the win. how the fuck do you get to there?  And then they sent someone up to spot wind. I simply stated what I saw. If JC was offended I would have had to make a suggestion instead of an observation. What live TV has got to do with it is irrelevant IMHO.

Tall poppy? Ha! way off. No I wasn't the only one to bring it up

15 minutes ago, Change said:

No not questioning the win. how the fuck do you get to there?  And then they sent someone up to spot wind. I simply stated what I saw. If JC was offended I would have had to make a suggestion instead of an observation. What live TV has got to do with it is irrelevant IMHO.

Tall poppy? Ha! way off. No I wasn't the only one to bring it up

So what are you trying to say? You are allowed to pop battens and climb the mast to spot wind. Live TV has a lot to do with it. If you were asking if they were cheating for example? Which many have suggested you did, the Live TV provides the evidence to say yes or no? So where are the protests? How many people have told you nicely to move on? Why are you the only person everyone has told to move on? FFS no wonder you have been down voted so many times.

8 hours ago, lydia said:

Going with alive. 

Right now, after a day on the actual water observing the S2H finishers, you could have tied up either of your two boats in Far South Tasmania, retired to your own club house south of Tasman Island and be living the dream. What went wrong?

1 minute ago, (p)Irate said:

Right now, after a day on the actual water observing the S2H finishers, you could have tied up either of your two boats in Far South Tasmania, retired to your own club house south of Tasman Island and be living the dream. What went wrong?

The weather perhaps? :D Did something go wrong? :D

Sitting on a boat on the Tamar River in northern Tassie and just heard a vic radio report of an Epirb gone off from a boat in the S2H :(

not 100% on which boat it is as the transmission was hard to hear but they are easy of Eddystone I think.

hope it's a false alarm

6 minutes ago, mezaire said:

Sitting on a boat on the Tamar River in northern Tassie and just heard a vic radio report of an Epirb gone off from a boat in the S2H :(

not 100% on which boat it is as the transmission was hard to hear but they are easy of Eddystone I think.

hope it's a false alarm

Shit that's not good? Isn't the weather quite benign? 

From Standings:

Enchantress    290

She’s Apples II 284

Protagonist      356

King Billy          036

All seem to going south again now. I just clicked through standing to look for boats heading from direction or stopped & they all looked weird. 

Low boat speeds - just a driftathon maybe. 

7 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Enchantress heading dead downwind 2 knots. Can't see anything wrong with the other boats and can't see them heading north according to official tracker and windy tracker?

I went to standings & Clicked through every boat top to bottom to see if anybody had stopped or had a suspicious heading. Those COG’s were from the standings page. Seem to be back on track now. 

Enchantress now 7kn so all looks ok. 

Yeah hopefully a false alarm.

They only mentioned the boat at the end of the transmission and i think I know who they said but don't want to put false fears out there in case I heard wrong.

I would of written down the lat and long but had just come back from floundering and was in the middle of cleaning them with very fishy hands!

Nothing heard on the radio since but i am 200nm from vic so not all transmissions would get to me

Edit: the boat I thought I heard is not showing no heading, so do I say what I thought I heard?

• Like 1

Well I'm going to say as it's on public radio!

I thought they said She but not sure.

Still getting some radio messages but very hard to make out. Just heard Magic Miles being called up by vic radio but that's all I could make out.

Hope all is week out there as I can see any boats near Magic Miles slowing

1 hour ago, mezaire said:

Well I'm going to say as it's on public radio!

I thought they said She but not sure.

Still getting some radio messages but very hard to make out. Just heard Magic Miles being called up by vic radio but that's all I could make out.

Hope all is week out there as I can see any boats near Magic Miles slowing

Natelle 11 heading straight for She's position...