If You Love dogs......

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who remember , we lost our dog Beauford in September. He was our only child and the past 3 months have been hard. Too quiet. No howling or beying when we come home from work or the store. Of

I want to introduce you to Winthrop...born Oct. 25th 2020 He fills a hole in our hearts left by the loss of our last side kick Beauford I just remembered how sharp puppy teeth are ;-)  

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Fucking hell!

To be honest, I was expecting him to be going after a cat or a squirrel. One of our dogs, Hank

post-30927-025300400%201299175616_thumb.jpg

was prodigiously athletic and would jump into trees after squirrels. He also blew out both knees in middle age, but before that happened he flung himself 7' up into a tree after a cat that was shitting itself to get away, actually hit the tree hard enough to shake him out of it.

I bet this dog was thinking "Fuck a bunch of throwing sticks. I can get myself a nice fresh stick any time I want."

- DSK

Had a buddy with a great mixed breed dog named Slainte that would chase and retrieve anything. If you quit and he wasn't ready to, he'd go out and retrieve rocks and lay them at your feet.

We were walking by the Truckee River one afternoon and Slainte decided there were rocks at the bottom of the river that needed retrieving. Fucker would swim out to deep water, dive down and come up with a rock, swim ashore, put it down and repeat.

Looking back, it was probably the early symptoms of whatever took him out a few years later, but not before he'd worn his fangs down to nubs.

6 hours ago, Willin' said:

Had a buddy with a great mixed breed dog named Slainte that would chase and retrieve anything. If you quit and he wasn't ready to, he'd go out and retrieve rocks and lay them at your feet.

We were walking by the Truckee River one afternoon and Slainte decided there were rocks at the bottom of the river that needed retrieving. Fucker would swim out to deep water, dive down and come up with a rock, swim ashore, put it down and repeat.

Looking back, it was probably the early symptoms of whatever took him out a few years later, but not before he'd worn his fangs down to nubs.

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers will do that, if rocks are the only thing they can find in the water to bring you. But generally they find other jobs before wearing their teeth down to nubs. I wonder if your buddy's dog Slainte (great name) was part Chessy. Not many dog breeds like to dive under water.

- DSK

On 10/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, Willin' said:

A friend had a Lab that didn't want the games to end. I threw a big, white rock out into the middle of the pond, where it's about 8' deep. He was too fat to get it but swam around above it with just his tail out of the water and his nose halfway to the bottom for long enough that we finally had to make him stop.

He's gone now, buried by my pond, but I still see him like this in my mind.

dozerfly.jpg

• Like 6

A meeting of the minds. 

The little black cat is Charlie, a new acquisition from a feral litter.  We got him about 2 months ago when he was just shy of 3 months old.  He quite likes the dogs, and they like him as well.  As Labs are wont to do, their tails are often wagging and Charlie likes to pounce on the moving tails.  They don't seem to mind it.

Animal mtg.jpg

• Like 4

Cats don't always land on their feet. When our grey tabby was a kitten he launched himself in a ferocious attack on Luke the Cowdog's tail. Which was mostly air. His paws went right through and he wiped out on landing, then jumped up with that "i meant to do that" cat look.

• Like 3

I love em but these fuckers woke me up at 4am this morning  Gus, the mini schnauzer is a dick and instigates while Winthrop retaliates by grabbing him by the throat  and laying on him  Only way to separate them At that moment to give them each a chewy toy  at that moment to give them each year chewy bone of some sort   By then I’m fucking Wideawake  

image.thumb.jpg.3dfc5f96cfe1deb85baf6d6ecb4effcc.jpg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

A few years ago we thought our grown up Golden needed a cone of shame. Our puppy liberated him. 

1568E427-9FC7-4327-AC77-A08A589725F2.jpeg

The cone is obsolete. There's an inflatable neck pillow that works better.

My dog and brothers dog both went right around the inflatable.  Vet says doesn’t really work for big dogs. Radar dish still the standard of care at 100 lbs. 

I've had good luck using a padded, hard plastic, 8" wide collar called the BiteNot with my Sheps. It doesn't allow the dog to bend their neck.  I found it works well with anything except their foot chewing.

Tried it in desperation after my Big Boy weaponized his Cone of Shame, and I was continuously getting my legs  bashed from behind.  He still hated his new hard collar, but he was unable to show me just how much he hated it.  ;)  Dawgs.  

2 hours ago, Seriatim Tom said:

The cone is obsolete. There's an inflatable neck pillow that works better.

The donut works great forward of the hind legs   And does not bash into everything like a cone. 

Unfortunately,  it was an incision on his leg to chop out a cancerous growth and he could reach it around the donut. 

• Like 1

Molly (my, then, GF's dog).  

These photos were taken in 2010.  Sadly, I heard Molly passed this year at 15. 

She was a dope and a real spaz, but a very sweet one.  

60994_150573091646642_1376068_n.jpg

60994_150573094979975_7472509_n.jpg

• Like 4

This is Theo (left, mine) and his Mum Izzy (right, not mine) who I look after for holidays etc. Longish boaty story, but I couldn't take her for the first night of a holiday in November 2019 because I had to be down at the sailing clubs on the Saturday night/Sunday. Picked her up from other friends Sunday evening and thought no more of it. Fast forward to February and I get a call from Izzy's owner telling me that she's had puppies conceived that Saturday when a neighbour's Croatian Shepherd had scaled a 6ft fence to make her acquaintance....

My first mistake was arranging to go and see them, and my second was taking my daughter with me. But at least I got the pick of the whole litter.

984051280_TheoIzzyLandy.thumb.jpg.3592b783e754a4c1891f8b48c82fefa6.jpg

Luckily, he's a happy chap on a boat too.

2099298861_2020-09-20at22_54.09TheoboatBeaulieu.thumb.jpeg.2ba8f789a47cc1feed0b5414ea859446.jpeg

• Like 6

Mixed pups trip me out.   Kyu looks exactly like his mom DiDi, who’s a  yellow Lab.   I see his dad’s Mali tail and that’s it.  

Have to see how he moves - his dad WillieNelson is a hellion.  S. said Willie either got his muzzle on or is chained to the fence at Dog Beach on a ‘timeout’.  

A big, young, alpha Mali ain’t always lotta laughs.  I got scars on arm for rumbling with him as a four-month old.   He’s big now too.   I’m done walking Maligators.   

Willie the T-Rex

227ABCB9-D2B8-4402-8E88-3C599F15E3CC.jpeg

• Like 4
21 hours ago, blunderfull said:

Mixed pups trip me out.   Kyu looks exactly like his mom DiDi, who’s a  yellow Lab.   I see his dad’s Mali tail and that’s it.  

Have to see how he moves - his dad WillieNelson is a hellion.  S. said Willie either got his muzzle on or is chained to the fence at Dog Beach on a ‘timeout’.  

A big, young, alpha Mali ain’t always lotta laughs.  I got scars on arm for rumbling with him as a four-month old.   He’s big now too.   I’m done walking Maligators.   

Willie the T-Rex

227ABCB9-D2B8-4402-8E88-3C599F15E3CC.jpeg

One beautiful dog!

• Like 1