• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How much will it take for you to shut the fuck up and never post here again Mis Raz'r Jib? That was fun.

One of the few things you posted I agree with.  It is however the only (legal) entity that has the power to send people with guns to bend you to it's will.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

many of them are corrupt too..which is part of the problem....say..does an amoral person feel an insult ?

Would you insult the head of the electoral commission personally and call her corrupt?  

9 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

If I had reason to...of course...why not call out illegal voting

So Trump did - remember his claim that 5 million illegals voted for Hillary? Why after 2 years of controlling the WH and Congress was nothing done?  Lock em up? Oh wait, to date a handful of illegal votes were found and most were by Republicans. 

Stay Fact Free my Friend.

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

So Trump did - remember his claim that 5 million illegals voted for Hillary? Why after 2 years of controlling the WH and Congress was nothing done?  Lock em up? Oh wait, to date a handful of illegal votes were found and most were by Republicans. 

Stay Fact Free my Friend.

Stay tuned....illegal voting will be exposed and prosecuted in 2020....certainly you are in favor of that

15 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Stay tuned....illegal voting will be exposed and prosecuted in 2020....certainly you are in favor of that

But the Reich is just fine with voter suppression - a much bigger issue, affecting hundreds of thousands of potential voters.  

And this shows their commitment to democratic values - i.e., none 

(BTW, one of my favorite conservative students once took on a project of preparing disabled people to vote - including the mentally disabled. 

She came away from the experience believing that voting is for all citizens, not just those we happen to like or agree with. 

An extremely persuasive young lady - she convinced me too.) 

Voter suppression is the essence of evil in republics/democracies. 

26 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

But the Reich is just fine with voter suppression - a much bigger issue, affecting hundreds of thousands of potential voters.  

(BTW, one of my favorite conservative students once took on a project of preparing disabled people to vote - including the mentally disabled. 

She came away from the experience believing that voting is for all citizens, not just those we happen to like or agree with. 

An extremely persuasive young lady - she convinced me too.) 

Please now.  The vote suppression only happens if they won't for you.  The game is played. 

15 minutes ago, hasher said:

AJ: BTW, one of my favorite conservative students once took on a project of preparing disabled people to vote - including the mentally disabled. 

The "conservative" adjective was unnecessary. 

2 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

If I had reason to...of course...why not call out illegal voting

If indeed there was illegal voting and the electoral officer did not call it out.  Otherwise, you have to prove the "whore is a whore" or shut up about it.

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I'll bet J28 thinks it's just a commie outrage that profs stand in front of classes, and 

argue that voter suppression is wrong. 

I plead proudly guilty 

The thought of you teaching anyone is down right scary. 

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The thought of you teaching anyone is down right scary. 

So enlighten us as to why voter suppression is such a wonderful thing . .  

You can't do it, can you? I guess that means you still have a tiny shred of decency left way down deep in your anti-republican evilness. 

So you are reduced to deflection 

(Actually, my students were free to defend voter suppression, and some did. They clearly had more stones than you.) 

8 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Nah....little donnie finally found me and enough of the population to elect him POTUS...

And you're proud of it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And you're proud of it.

Of course I am he is making America great again...after 50+ years DNC failures better known as The Great Society ....which sounded good but meant nothing kinda like Hope and Change...both created huge governmental jobs, tax troughs to pay for them, and a perpetual voting base for for their jobs...jobs that never really remedied what the set out to fix....after all if the fixed a problem their jobs would no longer be needed 

Trump train.jpg

13 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Voter suppression ?...you mean like the Libgressives and the Mueller investigation....trying to overturn a presidential election ?...Voter suppression on a grand scale

8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You can't do it, can you? I guess that means you still have a tiny shred of decency left way down deep in your anti-republican evilness. 

(Actually, my students were free to defend voter suppression, and some did. They clearly had more stones than you.) 

I’m commenting on your obvious hatred of anyone right of Saul Alinsky 

Tell me do you refer to those students as members of the Reich?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Voter suppression ?...you mean like the Libgressives and the Mueller investigation....trying to overturn a presidential election ?...Voter suppression on a grand scale

You apparently are unaware that Mueller is a Republican, Rosenstein, the guy who initiated the investigation is a Republican and that when it was started the POTUS, the Senate and the House were all controlled by Republicans.

Who exactly are these libgressives who were behind it all?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Let me break it down for you @AJ Oliver - you are fucked up in the head.  I don't know what happened in your life, but whatever it was it destroyed your ability to discern reality from the delusions that haunt you.  Normally people like you would seek professional help, but based on your posts, you are way too far gone to help.

I pity you, but more than that, I worry about the young minds you poisoned with your bullshit.  I hope when they escape from your "world" and enter the real world they realize what a crock of shit you were feeding them.

3 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Of course I am he is making America great again...after 50+ years DNC failures better known as The Great Society ....which sounded good but meant nothing kinda like Hope and Change...both created huge governmental jobs, tax troughs to pay for them, and a perpetual voting base for for their jobs...jobs that never really remedied what the set out to fix....after all if the fixed a problem their jobs would no longer be needed 

Trump train.jpg

It's the Trump Train!  Sing it out y'all:

People all over the world (everybody)
Join hands (join)
Start a Trump train, Trump train
People all over the world (all the world, now)
Join hands (love ride)
Start a Trump train (Trump ride), Trump train
The next stop that we make will be soon
Tell all the folks in Russia, and China, too
Don't you know that it's time to get on board
And let this train keep on riding, riding on through
Well, well
People all over the world (you don't need no money)
Join hands (come on)
Start a Trump train, Trump train (don't need no ticket, come on)
People all over the world (Join in, ride this train)
Join in (Ride this train, y'all)
Start a Trump train (Come on, train), Trump train
All of you brothers over in Africa
Tell all the folks in Egypt, and Israel, too

Please don't miss this train at the station
'Cause if you miss it, I feel sorry, sorry for you
Well
People all over the world (Sisters and brothers)
Join hands (join, come on)
Start a Trump train (ride this train, y'all), Trump train (Come on)
People all over the world (Don't need no tickets)
Join hands (come on, ride)
Ride, let it ride
Let it ride
Let it ride
People, ain't no war
People all over the world (on this train)
Join in (ride the train)
Start a Trump train, Trump train (ride the train, y'all)
People all over the world (come on)
Join hands (you can ride or stand, yeah)
Start a Trump train, Trump train (makin' love)
People all over the world ('round the world, y'all)
Join hands (come on)

Not one word from the local Reich in defense of voter suppression, or 

even admitting that it exists, or that their party practices it in a big way. 

But they sure can do a lot of name calling !!

The politics of the ad hominem hissy-fit I calls it. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I'll bet J28 thinks it's just a commie outrage that profs stand in front of classes, and 

I plead proudly guilty 

You were a professor? Whydidncha tell us?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I plead proudly guilty 

What you call voter suppression, we call being 18, a citizen, and alive.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, Left Shift said:

So, does selective quoting work for you when you are in an educational or business environment?  Or is it part of your troll training.  

In other words, you just lost the day.   

Selective? You were the one that has continually asserted that the interstate highway system is a sufficient ROW to build high speed rail on. Newsflash: it isn't even close to it in most areas. You might be good for most of the way between Lincoln, NE and the I34/I80 exit south of Grand Island, NE...

But on the topic of AOC...

Does paying taxes apply to the business she started?

https://nypost.com/2019/03/23/ocasio-cortez-still-hasnt-paid-tax-bill-from-failed-business-venture/

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

You guys keep going on and on about fake voters.  You just never have any evidence to back up your claims.

Sad, sad loosers.

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/new-report-exposes-thousands-illegal-votes-2016-election

not to worry 1,000 will be caught in 2020......hell the last Florida Governor recount was full of fraud and voter law breaking by the nutjob running Palm Beach elections

37 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You guys keep going on and on about fake voters.  You just never have any evidence to back up your claims.

Sad, sad loosers.

Ignoring the elephant in the room that puts 99.9% of voter fraud and ballot tampering at the feet of Republicans. Why is that?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Selective? You were the one that has continually asserted that the interstate highway system is a sufficient ROW to build high speed rail on. Newsflash: it isn't even close to it in most areas. You might be good for most of the way between Lincoln, NE and the I34/I80 exit south of Grand Island, NE...

But on the topic of AOC...

Does paying taxes apply to the business she started?

https://nypost.com/2019/03/23/ocasio-cortez-still-hasnt-paid-tax-bill-from-failed-business-venture/

Learn    How    To     Read,   said     Dick.         

It's      A     Great     Life      Skill,     said     Jane.

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
13 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

You apparently are unaware that Mueller is a Republican, Rosenstein, the guy who initiated the investigation is a Republican and that when it was started the POTUS, the Senate and the House were all controlled by Republicans.

Blue - you never answered.

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
16 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Blue - you never answered.

You don't watch Fox News, do you? There's a pulsating evil brain in a glass jar that's like hooked up to wires 'n shit, and the upper leaders of the LibTard O'crat party sit and watch it with glowing eyes. Then they issue their orders to their fanged minions, who slither forth into the world and produce all manner of mayhem and mishap.

-DSK

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

You don't watch Fox News, do you? There's a pulsating evil brain in a glass jar that's like hooked up to wires 'n shit, and the upper leaders of the LibTard O'crat party sit and watch it with glowing eyes. Then they issue their orders to their fanged minions, who slither forth into the world and produce all manner of mayhem and mishap.

-DSK

I'll be fucked, I thought they were just Jehova's Witnesses.

• Like 1

With respect to voter suppression, to those on the Right. . .  

You live in a republic, such as it is, and take some advantage from that; but you fail to respect the fundamental republican value 

of maximal voting participation, in fact, you undermine it at every opportunity. 

If we are charitable, we can call your position one of "moral blindness" - i.e., you know that something is amiss, but you

do not connect it to your ethics. 

But that lets you off too easily. In fact, you are quite conscious of the fact that what you are doing is wrong, but you do it anyway. 

The problem is that there is no good term in the English language to describe your behavior; perhaps the closest term we have 

is "wanton" - but that word is most often used as an adjective. 

How about "moral effrontery"?  Nah, still not quite there. 

Suggestions? 

9 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

With respect to voter suppression, to those on the Right. . .  

You live in a republic, such as it is, and take some advantage from that; but you fail to respect the fundamental republican value 

of maximal voting participation, in fact, you undermine it at every opportunity. 

If we are charitable, we can call your position one of "moral blindness" - i.e., you know that something is amiss, but you

do not connect it to your ethics. 

But that lets you off too easily. In fact, you are quite conscious of the fact that what you are doing is wrong, but you do it anyway. 

The problem is that there is no good term in the English language to describe your behavior; perhaps the closest term we have 

is "wanton" - but that word is most often used as an adjective. 

How about "moral effrontery"?  Nah, still not quite there. 

Suggestions? 

Still waiting for an answer.  

Do you call students that voice opposing political opinions members of the Reich?  

Do you think they are future nazis when grading their work? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

So you are saying Voter ID would fix that right?

In the "open" system we have now, it becomes impossible to certify whether or not a person is voting who does not enjoy the right to vote, or whether people are voting multiple times, or people are voting under the pretense of being someone they are not.

The above being true, we can agree one that I trust as there is no plausible nor certain way to confirm eligibility, then would not the fix be to a positive and certifiable way to establish a person's right to vote?

Forget the left and right of this for a minute and ask yourself this, if someone wished to perpetrate election fraud, is that more likely or less likely without a voter ID system?

Mr. B.  You do understand that polling places have been shut down and citizens purged from the authorized voting lists?

39 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

So you are saying Voter ID would fix that right?

In the "open" system we have now, it becomes impossible to certify whether or not a person is voting who does not enjoy the right to vote, or whether people are voting multiple times, or people are voting under the pretense of being someone they are not.

The above being true........

Sorry, not true at all

Load of horseshit, happily repeated by you and your elk, in the hopes that you might convince somebody some where that you're not really trying to keep those awful brown people and those dadgum working people and those...... those...... those DEMOCRATS!! (hate-hate-hate) from voting

President Trump went on a mission to PREVENT VOTER FRAUD!! and unfortunately his commission fell apart because there isn't much fraud worth fighting, and what there is to fight, was all pretty much Republican. That, plus they were all dumbasses

But go right ahead repeating it endlessly. It only proves that you're gullible and bigoted

-DSK

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Still waiting for an answer.  

Do you call students that voice opposing political opinions members of the Reich?  

Do you think they are future nazis when grading their work? 

You'll do ANYTHING to avoid discussing voter suppression, which proves my point: i.e., you know it is wrong, but you 

do it anyway. You are unable to defend it, so you try to deny that it exists - but you know better, don't you. 

And you want respect? Really? Well, you will not get it from me. 

I retired more than ten years ago, and while working was conscious of the fact that all students deserved a modicum of respect. 

I did have one actual Nazi in class once - and probably should have confronted him more directly, since as it turned out he did not mend his ways 

and died in a shoot-out in a drug deal gone wrong. I knew his family, and they took it hard. 

Finally, I found that lots and lots of quite conservative students began the change their views, and some flipped completely, if treated with dignity and respect. 

But I would have done it no matter what . . 

(And I would note that the right has changed since I retired, and is now pretty much bat-s__t crazy - and thus less deserving of respect) 

I don't know why I am being polite here - you do not deserve it.

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Please provide the examples so they can be discussed......2nd time asking

I’m sure he be along anytime now as soon as he’s finished teaching his class on how racist it was for America to go to war after the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor.

Me me my.  Are a troll or just the most stupid person posting? 

The reason I call folks like you the "Reich" is in part that you have no interest in an honest exchange of views based on facts . . 

but in a way, I guess there is hope for you: A real Nazi proudly proclaims his innate superiority, and open contempt for the democratic masses 

Of course, there is an extensive literature on voter suppression that only the most mendacious (like you) would pretend does not exist. 

Here is a start - good article that names names, and features your own state of Florida. 

https://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/democracy/reports/2018/11/26/172518/case-studies-voter-suppression-profiling-voter-suppressors/

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

but in a way, I guess there is hope for you: A real Nazi proudly proclaims his innate superiority, and open contempt for the democratic masses 

Oh the irony....

1 minute ago, BillDBastard said:

So using your example above, would voter ID have helped or hurt in those situations?

Mr. Bastard,

I would like to see open elections.  How about you?

What a bunch of BS....this example is not voter suppression...

'"Also in 2012, Gov. Scott oversaw the implementation of a law that cut the state’s early voting period from 14 days to 8 days and eliminated voting on the last Sunday before Election Day. Early voting, particularly Sunday voting,"

is you can't get your ass to the poll to vote that is not voter suppression....merely an article low low info mofo's that only read "voter suppression "

5 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

What a bunch of BS....this example is not voter suppression...

'"Also in 2012, Gov. Scott oversaw the implementation of a law that cut the state’s early voting period from 14 days to 8 days and eliminated voting on the last Sunday before Election Day. Early voting, particularly Sunday voting,"

is you can't get your ass to the poll to vote that is not voter suppression....merely an article low low info mofo's that only read "voter suppression "

Lots of people work long hours, have kids and responsibilities that make it difficult to get to the polls - and many lack transportation . . 

And these are exactly the kinds of folks that the Reich does not want to see voting.   

Of course, the Reich does much more than that to suppress the vote - as the faithless one above well knows. 

And Dude, in their weaker moments, the Reich openly admits that they suppress the vote (see Ed Rollins) 

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

Lots of people work long hours, have kids and responsibilities that make it difficult to get to the polls - and many lack transportation . . 

And these are exactly the kinds of folks that the Reich does not want to see voting.   

Of course, the Reich does much more than that to suppress the vote - as the faithless one above well knows. 

And Dude, in their weaker moments, the Reich openly admits that they suppress the vote (see Ed Rollins) 

BS....mail in ballot...Polls are open long hours and for many days....if you can't get your ass to the polls to vote under those conditions....too bad ...you missed the train...that is not voter suppression

5 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

WTF are you talking about? How far away is the average for a polling place in urban or suburban areas? How long a window is needed for cast a ballot via mail? And how far away is the nearest mailbox?

Just a shrill  Libgressive cry...say it loud and often enough and dumbfuck lowinfo mofo's take it and run with it as if it is actually true....Voting is a right ...not a guarantee...get yo azz to the pollfolks

8 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Just a shrill  Libgressive cry...say it loud and often enough and dumbfuck lowinfo mofo's take it and run with it as if it is actually true....Voting is a right ...not a guarantee...get yo azz to the pollfolks

You are not aware?  It is pity you are dumber than dirt.  May the world pick up your shiite. 

4 minutes ago, hasher said:

You are not aware?  It is pity you are dumber than dirt.  May the world pick up your shiite. 

LOL...at least squeeze in a comment, no make that an example,  on voter suppression...you put the shrill in Libgressive...yawn...

And that is why thinking people call y'all the Reich. 

You totally deserve it . .  

(Folks, none of the little Reichista snowflakes read the Ctr. for American Progress article - they just cherry-picked a few sentences) 

If progressives pointed out that GOPPERS have noses on their faces, they would argue passionately against that too. 

"Wanton" does not begin to describe the depths of their dishonesty. 

When presented with the fact that US voting turnout is much lower than in developed countries . . . 

The Reich winds up hilariously arguing that many Americans are an inferior breed of human who are not as capable of functioning in a democracy, compared to, say, Ozzies  . . . 

(Of course there is zero evidence for this, but that does not bother the Reich even a little bit) 

Because if that is not true (which it is not), then it much be that somehow USAeans are deterred from voting . .

Were it not for voter suppression, the GOP would win many fewer elections.  

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/

23 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

When presented with the fact that US voting turnout is much lower than in developed countries . . . 

The Reich winds up hilariously arguing that many Americans are an inferior breed of human who are not as capable of functioning in a democracy, compared to, say, Ozzies  . . . 

(Of course there is zero evidence for this, but that does not bother the Reich even a little bit) 

Because if that is not true (which it is not), then it much be that somehow USAeans are deterred from voting . .

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/

You are a nut !...and you profess to be a professor ?....your poor students...

5 hours ago, hasher said:

Me me my.  Are a troll or just the most stupid person posting? 

Blue has really ramped up his trolling of late.

I think he felt he was being left behind by the main Floriduh trolls.

33 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Moron all your life?  Bump your head? Lobotomy? Electroshock therapy in the 50s or 60s?  Or are you just stupid? Stupid is as stupid does. You are doing. 

You reference Australia voter turn out, nice. Only a fucking  idiot moron would overlook Australoa has compulsory voting. Oliver the moron,  Oliver the moron, Oliver the moron.

26 minutes ago, warbird said:

Don't you love it when the dumbest shit here posts memes intended to make other people look like they're dumb?

You should have stuck with rocket surgery Warpedbird.

Or truck driving.

10 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Forget the left and right of this for a minute and ask yourself this, if someone wished to perpetrate election fraud, is that more likely or less likely without a voter ID system?

Forget the left & right for a second - if there is an imposition being made on a citizen, there should be a demonstrably good reason. So sayeth SCOTUS actually when it comes to rights (of which voting is one).

Requiring voters to go out and obtain identification is an imposition on their right to vote. If one wants that, then they need to demonstrate a reason sufficient to allow it. Onus is on those wanting Voter ID to demonstrate that it's needed, not the other way around. Kind of a keystone for those that prefer small government actually and a good way to differentiate between those that profess to be libertarian and those that use it as a cover for reactionary right-wing policy.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

You are a nut !...and you profess to be a professor ?....your poor students...

Reduced to the internets equivalent of spluttering . . 

Duck, dodge, deflect, ad hominem your butt off . .  

Anything other than dealing with the facts presented.  

But as I wrote above, your reaction (bird's too) is totally predictable. 

8 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

WTF is wrong with you?

Zip to do with Trump or left or right, has to do with whether or not our voting system is secure or potentially corruptible.

And citing bigotry WRT whether or not that system is corruptible, is both a dog whistle and an insult to those you seem to think are incapable based on race, color, creed, gender, etc. Those who use bigotry in this argument are those acting with prejudice.

The Russians interfere with our election and you want to whack US citizens over the head to make it harder for them to vote. What a truly good idea, no wonder everybody thinks you're a genius

-DSK

15 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Forget the left & right for a second - if there is an imposition being made on a citizen, there should be a demonstrably good reason. So sayeth SCOTUS actually when it comes to rights (of which voting is one).

Jeez, I wish you were correct Mr. Bent - 

Neither the GOP nor their SCOTUS respect the right to vote - and are steadily eroding it. 

Watch them stand up and cheer for gerrmandering - a most pernicious form of vote suppression. 

18 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeez, I wish you were correct Mr. Bent - 

Neither the GOP nor their SCOTUS respect the right to vote - and are steadily eroding it. 

Watch them stand up and cheer for gerrmandering - a most pernicious form of vote suppression. 

SCOTUS only needs (and only should) respect the rights of people as far as the Constitution does. The problem with gerrymandering is that it isn't prohibited by your anachronistic founding documents and therefore SCOTUS has no choice by to allow it. Do remember that 3/5ths compromise - your country was founded on voter suppression, it isn't on SCOTUS to fix that but the people. I don't see it happening due to widespread political apathy in your country.

Mr. Bent - 

Our oligarchs are fully capable of subverting rights that are fully enumerated in the constitution. 

In the 14th, for example, they hold that "equal protection" applies to corporate peeps, but not African Americans. 

I kid you not. 

11 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sorry, not true at all

Load of horseshit, happily repeated by you and your elk, in the hopes that you might convince somebody some where that you're not really trying to keep those awful brown people and those dadgum working people and those...... those...... those DEMOCRATS!! (hate-hate-hate) from voting

President Trump went on a mission to PREVENT VOTER FRAUD!! and unfortunately his commission fell apart because there isn't much fraud worth fighting, and what there is to fight, was all pretty much Republican. That, plus they were all dumbasses

But go right ahead repeating it endlessly. It only proves that you're gullible and bigoted

-DSK

Why do you think brown people wouldn't be able to get voter identification?

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Requiring voters to go out and obtain identification is an imposition on their right to vote. If one wants that, then they need to demonstrate a reason sufficient to allow it. Onus is on those wanting Voter ID to demonstrate that it's needed, not the other way around. Kind of a keystone for those that prefer small government actually and a good way to differentiate between those that profess to be libertarian and those that use it as a cover for reactionary right-wing policy.

Just a point, in my state in order to register to be a voter you need ID.  Most if not all states have some type of ID requirement  

https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state

So if a person is registered they already have an ID.  

How is it an imposition to ask them to bring that same ID, to a polling place when they vote?

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Just a point, in my state in order to register to be a voter you need ID.  Most if not all states have some type of ID requirement  

https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state

So if a person is registered they already have an ID.  

How is it an imposition to ask them to bring that same ID, to a polling place when they vote?

Because that ID may expire, be misplaced, destroyed, etc. If they no longer need that photo ID to drive (say because they're elderly and don't drive) - then it is an imposition to require them to get it again. Unless you are going to become a Cold War parody of the countries you used to oppose, any requirement for "papers" to take advantage of your rights is an imposition. 

So, once again, in order to justify that imposition - it is on those that claim the need to prove it, not the other way around. 

The next time we get way long lines at voting sites, the people waiting there should think about moving over to the GOP county headquarters . . 

and burning it to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Because that ID may expire, be misplaced, destroyed, etc. If they no longer need that photo ID to drive (say because they're elderly and don't drive) - then it is an imposition to require them to get it again. Unless you are going to become a Cold War parody of the countries you used to oppose, any requirement for "papers" to take advantage of your rights is an imposition. 

So, once again, in order to justify that imposition - it is on those that claim the need to prove it, not the other way around. 

That is a load of crap.  Now you are complaining that the ID might expire. 

Simple solution - for voting purposes only,  still valid regardless of expiration date. 

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

That is a load of crap.  Now you are complaining that the ID might expire. 

I'm not complaining about anything. I am merely pointing out a fact. That it is inconvenient to you doesn't make it any less factual or my pointing it out any less objective.

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Simple solution - for voting purposes only,  still valid regardless of expiration date. 

Simpler solution- don't require photo identification in order to exercise one's right to vote. You want to make it harder, you need to demonstrate a need why. 

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I'm not complaining about anything. I am merely pointing out a fact. That it is inconvenient to you doesn't make it any less factual or my pointing it out any less objective.

Simpler solution- don't require photo identification in order to exercise one's right to vote. You want to make it harder, you need to demonstrate a need why. 

Sorry it’s a simple solution to end any coordinated effort of voter fraud. 

You can not function in a modern society without ID.   You need ID to cash a check or even remove money from your own personal bank account.  

The argument that it is an restriction doesn’t hold water 

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

This ID fetish by those for whom life hasn't had any bumps in the road is starting to piss me off.  Things are not always easy for people.

My mom, when she was 85 tried to fly under the new ID regime.  She had traveled around the world perhaps 10 times, was very successful but was getting old.  She couldn't produce ID to satisfy the TSA.  Didn't drive - no license, credit cards have no picture, her passport had expired, yacht club membership card didn't count (LOL).  I was with her, vouching for her.   They took her in to a room for questioning for about half an hour and had her open all her clothes up before they let her fly.  And this was a rich white woman.  She was just old.

ID for many is at the very least very difficult and certainly time consuming.  

But, maybe, just maybe, they don't want those people to vote.

15 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You can not function in a modern society without ID.   You need ID to cash a check or even remove money from your own personal bank account.  

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  See story about my mom above.  She lived in NYC, her local bank knew and loved her.  Her grocery store knew her.  Her hairdresser knew her.  She lived entirely without picture ID for the last 10 years of her life.  Its living in a village, even in Manhattan.  And.....You will probably be in that position sooner than you would wish.  

Of course, the only documented effort at coordinated voter fraud was done by the Republican party in North Carolina.  But you know that.

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  See story about my mom above.  She lived in NYC, her local bank knew and loved her.  Her grocery store knew her.  Her hairdresser knew her.  She lived entirely without picture ID for the last 10 years of her life.  Its living in a village, even in Manhattan.  And.....You will probably be in that position sooner than you would wish.  

Of course, the only documented effort at coordinated voter fraud was done by the Republican party in North Carolina.  But you know that.

And is desperately ignoring that fact.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

So prove the coordinated effort of voter fraud that is alleviated by voter ID then. Until then, the simpler solution is to not impose any additional burdens on a citizen's right to vote.

Not so everywhere actually, but it's pretty standard for right-wingers to think their own limited, local experience applies across all of "modern society".

Courts have ruled otherwise. It's just not as simple as it appears in your simple mind.

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
14 hours ago, warbird said:

Don't you love it when the dumbest shit here posts memes intended to make other people look like they're dumb?

You should have stuck with rocket surgery Warpedbird.

Or truck driving.

AOC says some stuff that has folks legitimately scratching their heads.

Yet, these clowns STILL feel the need to create and share bullshit memes as if she actually said that.

Not to mention, he probably forgot how the right lost their collective shit when Michelle Obama dared to sport her arms in such a way.

They proudly said they were looking forward to the day when Melania Trump restored dignity and class to the White House, while ignoring the nude photos of her.

Since then, Melania has been a model of demure and proper, though a bit tone deaf (intentional?) in her wardrobe choices.

But, when the right was bitching about "Moochelle", we had these photos as evidence of "class".

melania 1.jpg

melania 2.jpg

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

AOC says some stuff that has folks legitimately scratching their heads.

Yet, these clowns STILL feel the need to create and share bullshit memes as if she actually said that.

Not to mention, he probably forgot how the right lost their collective shit when Michelle Obama dared to sport her arms in such a way.

They proudly said they were looking forward to the day when Melania Trump restored dignity and class to the White House, while ignoring the nude photos of her.

Since then, Melania has been a model of demure and proper, though a bit tone deaf (intentional?) in her wardrobe choices.

But, when the right was bitching about "Moochelle", we had these photos as evidence of "class".

Super classy teach.  I wouldn't expect anything more from you.