A life of sex, drugs and Rock n Roll

Dog

Being able to order a full blood transfusion at any given moment probably doesn't hurt either.... Money has it's privileges.

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

this is likely to be the last chance to ever get to see them perform live again. 

been thinking that for the last how many tours ?

btw , nobody is worth $1000 plus , not even the Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll Band .

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Pit seats in DC are $1600 each.  Decent floor seats are $399 - I am seriously thinking about that, saw them in Atlantic City for the Steel Wheels tour - it was a good show, and this is likely to be the last chance to ever get to see them perform live again. 

I'm thinking the same thing.............

Most of them stop the drugs and alcohol at some point and clean up healthy.  Sex and music are always good for you.

The rest end up like Ozzy you can't understand them unless they sing.

Look at Robert Downey jr, 15 years ago was strung out drunk.  Now is in the best shape mentally and physically of his life.

Money can't buy happiness, but can buy  medical care and trainers

My guys have run on a number of Hollywood types and musicians. Some multiple times. It would be inappropriate of me to name folks but..............some of them are F*#ked up beyond belief. Way more than hit the headlines............

A retired ex-wannabee-rockstar friend, who is now a landscape gardener, commented that it starts out as sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, then becomes drugs and rock 'n' roll, and ends up as just drugs.

He got off the train before that stage.

might have to break down and see them again.. it's been like 50 years

It is amazing how making millions of dollars buys great medical care and frequent detox visits. The Stones and their kin just do another stadium concert tour playing songs written before most of the fans were born and it buys another few years of private doctors and vintage wine. Not a bad gig.

13 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I hit that link and as the screen filled, it started off with a wall to wall picture of Mick! Yikes! Not pleasant at all. Then it shrank and the article filled in, Whew...

Good article though!

2 hours ago, Mid said:

btw , nobody is worth $1000 plus , not even the Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll Band .

For sure!!!  for a grand, I would rather fly across the pond, for a long weekend in Europe, than be massed up with thousands of people listening to way too loud rock & roll!  And I tried to read the linked story above, but can't figure out how to turn off my ad blocker, and I can't be arsed to care a whit...........

4 hours ago, Mid said:

seeing them know would ruin my memories when I saw them in their prime..  i saw them 3 times in 2 weeks in MSG..

besides, its better to pull out one of the concert dvds on the projector , blow out the speakers , and sit back and relax..

5 hours ago, peragrin said:

Most of them stop the drugs and alcohol at some point and clean up healthy.  Sex and music are always good for you.

The rest end up like Ozzy you can't understand them unless they sing.

Look at Robert Downey jr, 15 years ago was strung out drunk.  Now is in the best shape mentally and physically of his life.

Money can't buy happiness, but can buy  medical care and trainers

To be fair to Ozzy, you could never understand him very well, even when he was much younger.

Sure the lifestyle has baked him, but I suspect he wasn't exactly eloquent when he was stealing TV's and baby clothes before joining up with Sabbath.

2 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Saw thread title...worried something had happened to Boothie...

speakin of which... where the fuck did he go?

6 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

might have to break down and see them again.. it's been like 50 years

Saw then in July 1975 at the Capital Center.  I have the ticket, somewhere.  Paid less than $15.00, I believe.

25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Saw then in July 1975 at the Capital Center.  I have the ticket, somewhere.  Paid less than $15.00, I believe.

ayup... that was the one. I didn't go to any of the RFK shows.

Cap Center was a pretty crappy venue for music. lost a good bit of my hearing in that joint LOL

I had an opportunity to see The Rolling Stones in Berlin last summer at a reasonable price and not too far form the stage.  I didn't go for a number of reasons.  The concert was the day after I returned from a visit to the US, the venue was the Olimpiastadion in Berlin which holds about 70,000 people for this kind of concert and is in my opinion a pretty shitty space. Last of all, although I grew up with the Stones, I just don't care for any of their work after the early '70s.  

My wife went to the concert with some friends and she loved it.  But you have to understand that they grew up in communist Poland and to see a legendary band, who's music was banned in their country years ago, had its own special cachet.  

I am not against dinosaur acts in general, I have seen some great bands in their prime, and others long after the bloom of youth has faded on them.  I have enjoyed many of the old bands still touring, I am going to see Fleetwood Mac next July and I am looking forward to it.  However some performers just need to accept the fact that they are getting old, very old, and maybe its time to stop.  I saw my hero Springsteen in 2016 for the 2nd time (the first time in 2003) and as much as I hate to say it, it's time he should consider retirement, at least from the huge arena shows.  Bruce was fantastic of course, but his age is showing, his voice is wearing out and at his age, he just doesn't have the energy he did years ago, who amongst us older folk does?  I would have loved to have seen his recent Broadway show however.

There are a few acts that come to mind that impressed me.  I saw Ozzy Osborne in 2012 and again with Black Sabbath in 2017 and I thought he was amazingly good, I would venture to say better than he has been in years, maybe he has finally sobered up. Another exception is Eric Clapton, I have seen him live in 1997, 2006, and 2013 and he was better each time I saw him.  I saw Robert Plant this past summer and although he can't scream quite as well as he did when I saw Led Zeppelin in 1977, he still put on a good show for an old rocker.  ZZ Top also did a good show in Potsdam about 5 years ago.  I think one thing that helped is with the exception of Clapton, all of these shows were in smaller venues holding a maximum of about 30,00 people, some as few as 4,000.  I think an intimate venue creates a warmer feeling and intimacy that benefits the older performers.

In short, in my opinion, it is cool to see the heroes of our misspent youth and relive the days and revel in the memories of their music.  But at some point, many of the performers become almost a parody of themselves and it is sad to see them struggle through their classic hits.  I would rather keep the memory of the band in their glory days than to see some ancient facsimile on stage struggling through their repertoire.  I want to leave a live concert with the music still pounding in my ears and feeling excited and awestruck, not feeling sorry for the old farts going through the motions on stage.

Oh yeah, I'm not getting any younger either. I can't stand in a crowd for hours, seating in some of the venues is quite steep and sometimes aggravates my vertigo, the stairs are hard to negotiate, and I just don't always have the physical energy that I did years ago even if my mind thinks I do.

Rock on!

starting 16 december on netflix  ed

Springsteen on Broadway

2018 TV-MA 2h 33m

Bruce Springsteen shares personal stories from his life and acoustic versions of some of his best-known songs in an intimate one-man show.

Starring: Bruce Springsteen
13 hours ago, hobot said:

Billy, Billy....Billy, "way too loud rock & roll?"

The Rolling Stones are to the right of smooth jazz these days.

I'll take Russ Freeman, and The Rippingtons, over the Stones, all day, every day!!  I have nearly every album burned onto Media Player at work, a total of 586 items, of 45.6 hours

24 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Springsteen on Broadway

2018 TV-MA 2h 33m

Bruce Springsteen shares personal stories from his life and acoustic versions of some of his best-known songs in an intimate one-man show.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will watch that for sure!  

I hope it's available in Poland or Germany.

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

snip.....  I saw my hero Springsteen in 2016 or the 2nd time (the first time in 2003) and as much as I hate to say it, it's time he should consider retirement, at least from the huge arena shows...snip

:o OMG Ed!B)

10 hours ago, hobot said:

last reports were he's in a witness protection program, something to do to his previous life in Mexico.

More recent reports are he's IN a witness protection program IN Mexico...:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, chester said:

:o OMG Ed!B)

I have to be honest.  On Broadway, at the Wonder Bar or the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, I would love it.  In a big arena?  Not anymore.

I have been mostly disappointed and occasionally very happy with “legacy tours”. Example, saw BB King a few years before he passed. I saw him several times over my lifetime and was always stoked. This last time well.....The Thrill Was Gone. We left about 1/2 through. So sad. Saw Tony Bennett a couple years ago.....wasn’t awful but he definitely has lost a step. On balance saw Carlos Santana just a few years ago. Awesome as ever. Same with James Taylor. So.....you never really know but the reviews do help frame it up. The Stones are still getting good reviews.....at least they did from their appearance at “oldchella”. 

18 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I have been mostly disappointed and occasionally very happy with “legacy tours”. Example, saw BB King a few years before he passed. I saw him several times over my lifetime and was always stoked. This last time well.....The Thrill Was Gone. We left about 1/2 through. So sad. Saw Tony Bennett a couple years ago.....wasn’t awful but he definitely has lost a step. On balance saw Carlos Santana just a few years ago. Awesome as ever. Same with James Taylor. So.....you never really know but the reviews do help frame it up. The Stones are still getting good reviews.....at least they did from their appearance at “oldchella”. 

it's better to go to the first couple of shows on the tour

the end of tour shows are when age kicks in

56 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I have to be honest.  On Broadway, at the Wonder Bar or the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, I would love it.  In a big arena?  Not anymore.

first time I saw springsteen was in 73 or 74 at a small place on long island - he came on after the police

it was bad, we walked out

6 or 8 months later, he was back at the same place, was a little bit more polished and killed it.

1 hour ago, Grabbler said:

More recent reports are he's IN a witness protection program IN Mexico...:ph34r:

I like my version better because he's in hiding somewhere up north where there's actual seasons and he has to wear shoes.

18 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Pit seats in DC are $1600 each.  Decent floor seats are $399 - I am seriously thinking about that, saw them in Atlantic City for the Steel Wheels tour - it was a good show, and this is likely to be the last chance to ever get to see them perform live again. 

HA...  I think they said the same thing 20 years ago...  :)

17 hours ago, NaptimeAgain said:

He looks like Johnny Depp playing a pirate, but older.

He was... Jack Sparrow's father in one movie, and Depp's inspiration for Sparrow's look, and personality.

4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I see what you did there...  :)

4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I see what you did there...  :)

With both eyes!

9 hours ago, hobot said:

I like my version better because he's in hiding somewhere up north where there's actual seasons and he has to wear shoes.

Hehehehe!...maybe somewhere like Buffalo...hangin' out with Gnu Yawkers...:lol:

On 11/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mrleft8 said:

Being able to order a full blood transfusion at any given moment probably doesn't hurt either.... Money has it's privileges.

He's been dead for years.

No ones had the heart to tell him.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a slightly younger group Sat. Night at aloha stadium....Guns and Roses.  They actually put on a pretty good show for a good three hours straight!   Apparently Axle was not 

feeling well and took some breaks during the guitar solos, but still did well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I think.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, Grabbler said:

Saw thread title...worried something had happened to Boothie...

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Bump-n-Grind said:

speakin of which... where the fuck did he go?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, hobot said:

last reports were he's in a witness protection program, something to do to his previous life in Mexico.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:07 AM, Grabbler said:

I heard he opened  some kind of Rattlesnake Cantina in an abandoned mine in Arizona,

, had a Unicorn hide nailed up on the wall.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:27 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

saw Bob Dylan recently and was really disappointed...the guy has lost his voice... 

Last time I saw Joan Baez she had a beautiful voice next to her... Bob never had a voice.

Saw the Stones the last tour outdoors.

Was not impressed compared to 20 years ago.

Watching Mick jumping around like he is Richard Simons rocking to the oldies, you are waiting for him to dislocate a hip or something...

Like PB, I never missed a BB King concert.

His last 2 tours were sad, especially the last one (sat 11 rows back, center).

He looked so weak(even weaker then years earlier when he was suffering with diabetes) and could not play like he used to.

His band was doing what they could to put on a good show.

Saw Johnny Winter a couple weeks before he joined Jesus's cloud 9 all star rock band.

They literally carried him in a chair from the tour bus up a set of steps in the back of the venue onto the stage.

He played very well, but was exhausted after 2 sets when the roadies lifted the chair and carried him back to the bus.

The worst is Robert Cray who still headlines for some bands.

Just a broken down old blues player backed up by a group of dicks who have no reverence for what he accomplished.

No brilliance unless he is cranking through one of his old hits and the fingers go on autopilot.

You want to cry when you remember him in his prime.

Getting back to the Stones, anyone catch the Ronny Woods weekly show on AXS TV?

He will be interviewing somebody, hear a tune in the background and forget about the guest as he starts strumming the diddy on his guitar.

Reminds me of Disney's Dug the Dog.

The guests are like WTF??

Who thought it would be a good idea to give him a tv show?

Be care going to legacy shows.

They can disappoint you pretty easily.

Keith Richards is a kid!...went and watched Kris Kristofferson last month in Mobile...82 years old...we didn't have "great" seats, so I'd taken a pair of binoculars...couple "old" girls behind me begged to use them just so they could check him out closer " 'cause he's still so fuckin' hot"...he played with Merle Haggard's old band "The Strangers" so he ran off a few of Merle's songs amongst his standards...great, great night of music...

On 11/29/2018 at 6:48 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

"Pleased to meet  youuuu......hope to remember my name "

You cant always remember what you want...

On 11/29/2018 at 6:44 AM, Dog said:

May be good for you after all judging by these old farts. On tour and still rockin.

Welcome to the Top Up the Superannuation Tour. Last saw them in the mid '90s and they were teetering on the edge of past it then.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:57 PM, hermetic said:

Springsteen on Broadway

2018 TV-MA 2h 33m

I just watched the Springsteen show on Netflix.  Holy shit, It was absoluteley incredible.  I knew it would be good but it completely blew me away.  My wife and I got choked up many times during the viewing.  Well worth watching.  I am kicking myself now for not going to see it while I was in in the US last summer.  It would have cost me a couple of grand for the flight and tickets (mostly for the tickets, actually NYC is only about a 6 1/2 hour drive from where I was staying, and my brother lives nearby in New Jersey)  but I should have done it.  Oh well.

Thanks again for letting me know, I might have not known to look for that otherwise.

Those look like Spanish coins from the "Nuestra Señora de Atocha" that Mel Fisher found off the Keys years ago.  Knew one of the divers, and his wife, who cooked on the boat, and was from Essex, CT, where we lived for years. Mom had one, mounted like the one in the middle above, which she gave to our daughter, just before she passed.  Mel's diver were so broke back then, they would barter silver pieces of 8, etc, for expenses, whenever they could.....

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Those look like Spanish coins from the "Nuestra Señora de Atocha" that Mel Fisher found off the Keys years ago.  Knew one of the divers, and his wife, who cooked on the boat, and was from Essex, CT, where we lived for years. Mom had one, mounted like the one in the middle above, which she gave to our daughter, just before she passed.  Mel's diver were so broke back then, they would barter silver pieces of 8, etc, for expenses, whenever they could.....

Great eye billy. That old salt was one of Mel's most loyal and steadfast divers. He would stick around when all they had to eat was pork and beans. Pirate Bill took his earnings and 'retired' to Coral Bay and was quite a fixture in that motley crowd. 

35 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Great eye billy. That old salt was one of Mel's most loyal and steadfast divers. He would stick around when all they had to eat was pork and beans. Pirate Bill took his earnings and 'retired' to Coral Bay and was quite a fixture in that motley crowd. 

Small world, indeed, Rasper!!!  Dick and Heather took their earnings to Vermont, and they own and run a restaurant, or B&B in Waterville Valley, Vermont, IIRC?  That de Atocha coin pendant was Mom's favorite piece of jewelry, and our daughter treasures it just as much.  Mel Fishers small de Atocha museum in Key West, is a must see, for anyone planning a visit!

Indeed! 

Bill had been hanging out in the Islands for years in a faded bandana and some scrimshaw stuff on his fingers and around the neck. He was pretty broke but lived a pretty simple if Spartan life. That must have been before the big discovery of the ATOCHA but Bill had paid his dues for decades with Fisher and when the expedition was too broke to pay the guys the smart ones settled for shares on an unlikely big payday if they ever found the treasure. Bill disappeared eventually and no one really knew where he had gotten off to but the word soon filtered down that Mel had finally scored and when Bill got back to Coral Bay he had those pieces of eight proudly hung around his neck and was wearing fine silk scarves and bandanas that Jack Sparrow would have been proud of. I think he took some of his well deserved (and long awaited!) proceeds and bought a bit of dirt big enough to homestead on and lived well in his time left. 1275849873_PirateBill.jpg.d7bae02305f06bd7d8011480ab801da0.jpg

There is a good reason that Coral Bay has long been known as 'A Sunny Place for Shady Characters'!

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

1Is the Atocha still the biggest treasure find ever?

Not according to Google

Showing results for largest sunken treasure find ever
Search instead for largest sunnken treasure find ever

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

7 of the Biggest Treasure Troves Ever Found
  1. THE CUERDALE HOARD. JMiall via Wikimedia Commons // CC BY-SA 3.0. ...
  2. THE HOXNE HOARD. Mike Peel via Wikimedia Commons // CC-BY-SA 4.0. ...
  3. THE STAFFORDSHIRE HOARD. ...
  4. THE ŚRODA TREASURE. ...
  5. THE CAESAREA SUNKEN TREASURE. ...
  6. THE PANAGYURISHTE TREASURE. ...
  7. THE BACTRIAN GOLD.
Mar 24, 2017

People also ask

How much treasure is lost in the ocean?

What is the most valuable shipwreck?

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

What is the most gold ever found?

How many sunken ships are there?

Videos

image.jpeg.823d7f67349d1c5fa672b51c1627fd93.jpeg

Top Fives
YouTube - Jul 24, 2018
image.jpeg.b01cfc2deeef134f907b413a9784cc01.jpeg

CBS This Morning
YouTube - May 23, 2018
image.jpeg.4cbcfd7a46d07455136b407b18b50f57.jpeg

The BIGGEST
YouTube - Jun 7, 2016

MyEarbot
YouTube - Jul 12, 2007

Wochit News
YouTube - Dec 5, 2015

[DAILY PINK SLIP]
YouTube - Feb 8, 2016

CBS This Morning
YouTube - Mar 16, 2016

Incredible Doc NAT GEO
YouTube - Feb 12, 2018

CBS This Morning
YouTube - May 6, 2014

CBS News - Jan 19, 2018

Web results

7 of the Biggest Treasure Troves Ever Found. THE CUERDALE HOARD. JMiall via Wikimedia Commons // CC BY-SA 3.0. THE HOXNE HOARD. Mike Peel via Wikimedia Commons // CC-BY-SA 4.0. THE STAFFORDSHIRE HOARD. THE ŚRODA TREASURE. THE CAESAREA SUNKEN TREASURE. THE PANAGYURISHTE TREASURE. THE BACTRIAN GOLD.

May 25, 2018 - “Holy Grail” of Spanish Treasure Galleons Found Off Colombia ... guess I was the only person in the world who knew we'd found the shipwreck.

Dec 6, 2015 - Colombian President Juan Manual Santos hailed Saturday the discovery of a Spanish galleon that went down off the South American nation's coast more than 300 years ago with what may be the world's largest sunken treasure. ... It is believed to have been carrying 11 million gold coins ...
May 23, 2018 - When salvagers found a 300-year-old ship at the bottom of the ... as one of the most significant finds in archaeological history, the shipwreck ...

May 23, 2018 - (CNN) For decades, researchers and governments have searched for a Spanish shipthat sank more than 300 years ago, carrying gold and silver worth $17 billion today. Trying to find the San Jose' has often been called the "holy grail of shipwrecks." It was finally discovered off the coast of Cartegena, Colombia, in 2015.

May 30, 2018 - The galleon sunk after a battle with British ships off the coast of ... The collection, thelargest gold treasure ever found in that country, was then ...

Mar 4, 2014 - The bountiful seas hold many, many treasures. Above and beyond these ten astonishing shipwreck treasures on our list, it is said that there ...

Titanic is the most famous shipwreck in the history of mankind, but nevertheless there are thousands of shipwrecks that have occurred in our vast ocean.

Dec 8, 2015 - The wreck of a lost treasure ship has been found 307 years after it vanished beneath the waves. The galleon San Jose was found at the bottom ...

Page Navigation

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

18 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Indeed! 

Bill had been hanging out in the Islands for years in a faded bandana and some scrimshaw stuff on his fingers and around the neck. He was pretty broke but lived a pretty simple if Spartan life. That must have been before the big discovery of the ATOCHA but Bill had paid his dues for decades with Fisher and when the expedition was too broke to pay the guys the smart ones settled for shares on an unlikely big payday if they ever found the treasure. Bill disappeared eventually and no one really knew where he had gotten off to but the word soon filtered down that Mel had finally scored and when Bill got back to Coral Bay he had those pieces of eight proudly hung around his neck and was wearing fine silk scarves and bandanas that Jack Sparrow would have been proud of. I think he took some of his well deserved (and long awaited!) proceeds and bought a bit of dirt big enough to homestead on and lived well in his time left. 1275849873_PirateBill.jpg.d7bae02305f06bd7d8011480ab801da0.jpg

There is a good reason that Coral Bay has long been known as 'A Sunny Place for Shady Characters'!

Reminds me a little of Bert Kilbrides story except he wound up very successful. He always cracked me up.

23 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Have you read his book ?

Of course.  I have a hard cover copy of it.  I thought it was quite good and since my brother has lived for about 30 years in Asbury Park and other Jersey towns near Bruce's hometown of Freehold, NJ, I recognized a lot of the places that Bruce talked about in his days there.

Not too many artists or other public figures are so willing to open a lot of their inner thoughts, insecurities, problems and fears in public like Bruce.  In his music, his book and also on the Broadway stage.  He needs to do that obviously (or he wouldn't take the risk), but it takes a lot of guts.

• 3 months later...

I saw the Stones in 79..... $10 for GA seating.... It sucked. The Who at the same price a year later were awesome! The Kinks,  with Mott the Hoople as opening act was $6 in 1977.... Mott the Hoople was great, but got booed off the stage by disco freaks. The Kinks sucked.

18 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I saw the Stones in 79..... $10 for GA seating.... It sucked. The Who at the same price a year later were awesome! The Kinks,  with Mott the Hoople as opening act was $6 in 1977.... Mott the Hoople was great, but got booed off the stage by disco freaks. The Kinks sucked.

Got tickets for Iggy on 21 April...am in two minds about actually going...Kinda reminds me of Bob (twin peaks) these days..but older leathery and shirtless?  :(Just realised..Snags cat's bopping to "The Passenger" :D

1 minute ago, silent bob said:

Damn, Mick is going to kick off before Keith Richards?!  

Probably has an erection that lasted more than 4 hours.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:37 PM, SloopJonB said:

Why tatoos are low rent.jpg

last living banger sister?

12 hours ago, Mid said:

cynic ..... doubt they need ticket prices higher , already way overpriced imho .

I’ve seen them in a stadium show and an arena show. The stadium show was worth the big bucks. 

Sitting on tickets for the first two dates of the tour. They definitely took a bite out of the wallet. 

He’s just getting the batteries changed. 

I saw the Stones in concert around 1965/1966 and thought they were much, much better on record than they were live.

Today, the Rolling Stones are really getting up there in years with Keith Richards (age 75), Charie Watts (age 77), Mick Jagger (age 75). Soon you'll be able to purchase official Rolling Stones brand Adult Diapers!

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I saw the Stones in concert in Abu Dhabi back in 2014 - at an outdoor arena.  Paid extra for the "golden circle" tix, which is the area nearest the stage.  All standing room only.  They had a big T-shaped stage that extended out into the crowd.  We were at the base end of the T and we could practically touch Jagger's foot as he came out and played.  I think we paid maybe $250 max.  

Holy shit, they were amazing, especially for a bunch of old dinosaurs!  If you get a chance, definitely go see them before one of them finally dies.  The music was really good, and they just played practically non-stop for 2 hours.  Mick was the Energizer bunny up on stage.  

And now - the tour's postponed - don't know why yet - I asked, but, the arena wouldn't let my band fill in for them..... 

First saw the Stones in 1973, two concerts on the same day at a 13000 seat venue, one in the afternoon and one at night and they were just brilliant. Two of the best rock concerts of my life, memorable and hugely entertaining.

Saw them again at a stadium venue in 1995 and they were quite ordinary, just going through the motions even back that far. Mechanical at best, they looked bored on stage.

Pay big bucks to see them decompose on stage in their Topping Up the Superannuation Tour in 2019? I don't think so.

I saw The Who's last tour. I was in high school. So that was a while back.

I wish I had seen them when Keith Moon was alive.

Speaking of dead rockers, they were replaying Howard Stern's interview of Artimus Pyle over the weekend. He talked about the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash.

He watched the left wing come off as the plane went into the trees. He set out through swamp and a plowed field and found a farmhouse, where he was given the traditional Mississippi greeting for bloody strangers who wander out of the woods in the dark (he was shot.) He managed to yell out "plane crash" and the kid who shot him immediately went to helping him. He said the kid later claimed to have shot "over his head" because "you did not want to be the Mississippi kid who shot Lynyrd Skynyrd."

Orginally slated to begin in April, the tour will now begin in July with new dates to be announced in the coming weeks. Jagger will need to rest after completing the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), sources say. The minimally invasive procedure allows Jagger to avoid major surgery — doctors are able to repair the heart valve using a a catheter that accesses a major artery without opening the chest.

https://www.stereogum.com/2038730/mick-jagger-undergoes-successful-heart-surgery-fleetwood-mac-will-replace-rolling-stones-at-jazz-fest/news/