2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

47 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Lessons learnt time. Drop AIS from the Si’s before every race ends in 20 AIS protests with screen shots and GoPro footage. 

Fuck it off. Make it recommended to keep AMSA happy, but don’t make it compulsory. 

There is a lot to be said for that. Only maybe Richo's is not the best advocate and should leave it to others.

"We've sailed all year with our AIS turned on. Others have chosen not to - we've chosen to sail in every race with AIS on. We do that from a safety perspective and because we are trying to support what the club's are trying to do with showing competitor positions."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In loving memory of Clark and Daw We welcome this evening Mr Richard the skipper of the winning power boat. Hello Brian. Mr Richard, may we call you Dick? Sure Brian, most

If Matt Allen as President of AS has any balls he should put Harburg/Bradford and Oatley/Richards in a room and read them the riot act. Harburg for not protesting but having a cry on national TV and O

Ok I am now caught up on this thread. Yes I went live - first actually - with the news direct from Shipwright Arms where WOXI were having lunch in one room, and BJ in the other. Was the best place to

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

We've had radar as collision avoidance technology for decades and nobody felt a need to mandate it for the Sydney Hobart.

AIS could be a mandatory piece of safety equipment with transmission to be used at the discretion of the crew. 

Radar is significantly expensive and power hungry - and for smaller boats a significant weight and windage impost.  AIS is cheap and low impact.

From AMSA's perspective, and the RO, I'd imagine the spectre of a fully crewed 30 ton missile doing 30 knots across the open ocean close to other boats and crossing shipping lanes in the dark with limited manoeuvreability has something to do with the AIS transmit requirement.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yep only the antennas and gear in the bush. All remote control now.

Yeah - I wonder what the locals thought when the first Maritime Safety trucks turned up in town. They may have hopped it ment rain.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Oh I love this bit. The veiled threat to Dob me in? Good lord you are a a pussy. I am LB15 on here- a satirical parody that I do for mainly for my own, and others entertainment. That I don’t hide my identity like most of you pussies is irrelevant, I am no more representing my accrediting body on here than you are representing the paper clip sales industry ( or what ever the fuck you do) .

This is SA and any threats or attempts to take matters outside of here are greatly frowned on by scooter so tread carefully mate. My colleagues at the RYA are well aware of my hijinks on social media anyway. I think they wrote a policy about it just for me. 

Now because you have got your panties in such a twist over a Boat race thread should be a fair indicator that you take this place far too seriously princess. It has obviously escaped you that I have been playing the devils advocate/cunt for pure fun. Winding you up as a form of social experiment for my own enjoyment. Seeing how long one can keep a dead horse thread alive by simply trolling the usual suspects. My hope is that we can keep it going until next Boxing Day. I hope you will continue playing. 

Jack gets it. It is a game.  I could not give a fuck who won line honours. I don’t really give a fuck if they did turn it off because you can never prove it. 

But it has been fun. Now grow a pair and Dry your eyes. This is sailing anarchy.

Typical.

I don't make veiled threats.

I don't hide my identity.

If you think the crap you have contributed to this thread is fun or entertaining I would suggest you need therapy.

If you find being a cunt so much fun it's probably because you are actually a bit of a cunt.

Oh and Mark Richards is a cheating scumbag. ; ), sue me.

37 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Good summary. That should keep everyone happy. 

It's an observation LB.

If you want a summary of the thread it'll take awhile whilst I sift through all the dross of your lowbrow trolling you call satire that often serves to kill a thread.

Curiously you've sort of come good in the last page with a couple of contributions. You show some self awareness.

Well looks like you two clowns are all over it. 

Now try and find some peace in this hateful world, filled with online dickheads and big WOXI meanies. Think happy thoughts.

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Well looks like you two clowns are all over it. 

Now try and find some peace in this hateful world, filled with online dickheads and big WOXI meanies. Think happy thoughts.

Geeze LB, don't you mean  you've schooled us "sand in your vag pooftahs" or " masturbating leftists" etc etc  .?

...and you forgot the purple ink.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:06 AM, LB 15 said:

Again, well done Mark.  

Image result for Wild oats XI 2005 hobart race

Parallels????

Despite never being investigated and getting caught in the act, the East German Women's Swim Team won 32 gold medals between the 1976-1988 Olympics as a result of doping. The doping was revealed after the reunification of Germany. Such dominance in women's swimming has never since been repeated.

That's spooky ...WOXI has got 22, sorry 23 S2H wins still left in the tank and Kornelia Edner, sorry Richo will still be driving at the age of 74 saying at the start; "fuck you really old cunts, I said ease, not bring it on."

East-Germany-1976.jpg

18 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Don't tell me you've got MR's cock in your mouth right now?

Don't forget to look into his eyes.

Why would LB be licking anyone elses dick when he can lick his own? Though he will be wearing WOXI Love Goggles that come with their WO Supporters Pack. They also double as protection for when your reheating Fried Splitter in the microwave.

images (18).jpeg

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Oh I love this bit. The veiled threat to Dob me in? Good lord you are a a pussy. I am LB15 on here- a satirical parody that I do for mainly for my own, and others entertainment. That I don’t hide my identity like most of you pussies is irrelevant, I am no more representing my accrediting body on here than you are representing the paper clip sales industry ( or what ever the fuck you do) .

This is SA and any threats or attempts to take matters outside of here are greatly frowned on by scooter so tread carefully mate. My colleagues at the RYA are well aware of my hijinks on social media anyway. I think they wrote a policy about it just for me. 

Now because you have got your panties in such a twist over a Boat race thread should be a fair indicator that you take this place far too seriously princess. It has obviously escaped you that I have been playing the devils advocate/cunt for pure fun. Winding you up as a form of social experiment for my own enjoyment. Seeing how long one can keep a dead horse thread alive by simply trolling the usual suspects. My hope is that we can keep it going until next Boxing Day. I hope you will continue playing. 

Jack gets it. It is a game.  I could not give a fuck who won line honours. I don’t really give a fuck if they did turn it off because you can never prove it. 

But it has been fun. Now grow a pair and Dry your eyes. This is sailing anarchy.

Pretty standard stuff really.... nothing to see here... carry on

2 hours ago, Trickypig said:

We've had radar as collision avoidance technology for decades and nobody felt a need to mandate it for the Sydney Hobart.

AIS could be a mandatory piece of safety equipment with transmission to be used at the discretion of the crew. 

Somewhat agree but DD's reasoning is spot on

50 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Fuck I love this place.

Me too but the last few days have gotten weird.... is there something going on ....?

53 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why would LB be licking anyone elses dick when he can lick his own? Though he will be wearing WOXI Love Goggles that come with their WO Supporters Pack. They also double as protection for when your reheating Fried Splitter in the microwave.

images (18).jpeg

Shit... I deleted that post when I realised I was becoming like LB

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Lessons learnt time. Drop AIS from the Si’s before every race ends in 20 AIS protests with screen shots and GoPro footage

AIS removes so much of the tactics and strategy from the game. It changes the way you sail. It does make for some close racing but it is a different kind of event is some ways. You are now sailing the other guys boat as well as your own. 

Fuck it off. Make it recommended to keep AMSA happy, but don’t make it compulsory. 

4 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

^ This - or write in 'a non transmitting AIS will not be grounds for protest'

There is one simple problem with this thought. This is the first time I think in Australia that AIS activation has been made mandatory, so I'm at a loss to see any back up to those thoughts. 

What it has done simply is shorten the tracking interval (for races that are tracked) down from say 10 minutes in this race to between 3 and 30 seconds when within AIS coverage either direct boat to boat or longer if relying on the web (either when 3/4G in range or via satellite on board comms).

The tracker genie is already out of the bottle to the extent you can download positions direct to your Nav software.

The only way of reducing its impact now is increase the update interval (which pisses fans off) or revert back to the old days of tracker information being deemed external external assistance and therefore prohibited.

We had compulsory AIS transmission during the Keppel race last year. It was certainly the first time I have used like that in a race. It did change the way we sailed. No decision was made without referring to it. Short tacking up breaksea spit crossing tacks with 3 other boats for 30 miles we were referring to it constantly to see when the others had sailed back into the tide and how far up the bank they were going. It changed the game completely from when we were only imputing our own information. It is a bit different than just taking a bearing on the other boat to see how you are going. 

As I recall two boats in our group were not transmitting and one was intermittent. The thought of protesting them never entered our minds - was not even discussed. 

Anyway, it doesn’t improve the sport so get rid of it.

I think the introduction of AIS is mainly for the personal beacons. They didn’t want owners to pay for both AIS & 8-0-dogballs beacons in the one year so they broke it up. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

We had compulsory AIS transmission during the Keppel race last year. It was certainly the first time I have used like that in a race. It did change the way we sailed. No decision was made without referring to it. Short tacking up breaksea spit crossing tacks with 3 other boats for 30 miles we were referring to it constantly to see when the others had sailed back into the tide and how far up the bank they were going. It changed the game completely from when we were only imputing our own information. It is a bit different than just taking a bearing on the other boat to see how you are going. 

As I recall two boats in our group were not transmitting and one was intermittent. The thought of protesting them never entered our minds - was not even discussed. 

Anyway, it doesn’t improve the sport so get rid of it.

Perfect LB, when in deep do do attack the source of the prosecution. Interestingly though you have strengthened the case for WOXI having an unfair advantage at the most crucial point in the race. (my bold). The old tech tracker clearly shows Woxi gybing away virtually the moment BJ and Info hit the glue at 1.30 ish in the morning in pitch black. Quite a skill.

The argument is not on the benefits or otherwise of AIS, feel free to start a thread on that.

All that is being discussed here by sane people is "was Woxi transmitting?" if not, for whatever reason, should there be a penalty and if so what should it be? Under the rules as issued for RSH 2018.

Simpilz.

Feel free to join that conversation preferably without resorting to the epithets : Sand in Vag, Homos, Snowflakes, Lefties, Princess or Petal. And please no more semi clothed pictures of babies, that's just distasteful.

14 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

I think the introduction of AIS is mainly for the personal beacons. They didn’t want owners to pay for both AIS & 8-0-dogballs beacons in the one year so they broke it up. 

Quite probably, and as they did not appreciate it's significance the rule was possibly loosely worded. The sad fact remains that we are stuck with interpreting the rule as written.

• Like 1

May I suggest a compromise.

Woxi wins the race fair and square, it really was a cracker on many levels.

The CYC admits their poor adaptation of a new rule, the RC accepts responsibility for their miss protest and most importantly Woxi admits they were let's say inadvertently in breach of the new regs.

Everyone's heppy and some faith in sportsmanship is restored.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Perfect LB, when in deep do do attack the source of the prosecution. Interestingly though you have strengthened the case for WOXI having an unfair advantage at the most crucial point in the race. (my bold). The old tech tracker clearly shows Woxi gybing away virtually the moment BJ and Info hit the glue at 1.30 ish in the morning in pitch black. Quite a skill.

The argument is not on the benefits or otherwise of AIS, feel free to start a thread on that.

All that is being discussed here by sane people is "was Woxi transmitting?" if not, for whatever reason, should there be a penalty and if so what should it be? Under the rules as issued for RSH 2018.

Simpilz.

Feel free to join that conversation preferably without resorting to the epithets : Sand in Vag, Homos, Snowflakes, Lefties, Princess or Petal. And please no more semi clothed pictures of babies, that's just distasteful.

Is the air getting a little thin up there on the high ground? You are certainly speaking shit for some reason Lambchop.

44 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Simpilz.

How ‘bout this Pap smear. How about we talk about what ever we want and if you don’t like it- go start your own little safe space thread.

if this is purely for discussing the WOXI then it is dead. You have no way of proving it either way and there is nothing more to add. By all means keep repeating the same old shit if it makes you feel better. But hold the Clake and Dawes attempts at humour. Such levity is uncalled for in such a serious discussion as you have pointed out. Ah I get it now. You are butthurt about the front page!

keep trying you will make it one day.

Can’t wait for a 30kt northerly Hobart, must be due, then we would see Comanche completely obliterate the record like Nokia did all those years ago. 

5 hours ago, PIL66 said:

Pretty standard stuff really.... nothing to see here... carry on

Somewhat agree but DD's reasoning is spot on

Me too but the last few days have gotten weird.... is there something going on ....?

Randumb disappeared followed closely by Jammer Six.  Connected ?

Probably.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I don’t really give a fuck if they did turn it off because you can never prove it. 

10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

this is a self policing sport

• Like 1
16 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Seeing how long one can keep a dead horse thread alive by simply trolling the usual suspects. My hope is that we can keep it going until next Boxing Day. I hope you will continue playing.

18 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Like stating that I said they cheated or my repeating what everyone else has said.

18 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You have indeed intimidated that they have cheated, you just you homo terms to do it. 

A. INTRODUCTION

I'm with LB, where other than I have banked my huge fucking WOXI winnings, I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about the result, and if any dimwit here thinks otherwise about my posts, they can't differentiate between "opinion" and "parody".

One of the problems with this thread from day one when @Mid started it when the RC's protest was announced some 12 hours after WOXI's finish is anyone seen to question process or concerned about the knock-on  effect to our self-policing sport is interpreted as saying 'WOXI has cheated".

Without evidence that is a fucking nonsense claim and a slight on WOXI and her crew. Similarly anyone over it and want to move on is automatically a "WOXI fanboy". Both are partesan and a reality of life where debate occurs. My only comment then would be who is putting up the more robust debate that allows a thread like this only 3 weeks old yet will before not too long overtake the 2018 S2H Race thread that has been going for a year?

Simple facts of life are;

1. What should have stayed on the water didn't, cats out of the bag but then did not lead to a competitor protest by either Black Jack or any other 100' in a self policing sport. Bunch of cockwarblers in the absence of that.

2. The RC was then forced to investigate, but then didn't after 12 hours to then rely solely on Black Jack's panty split, so automatically blowing up their own protest without a hearing. Add another cockwarbler to the fucking basket.

That alone is cause enough for controversy, but maybe should have died away by now? 

However it hasn't (as shown by thread views here not fading but now going through the roof) that rests solely on the shoulders of Mark Richards and WOXI. Why?

The porkies post race have been coming thick and thin out of WOXI via only Richard Gladwell at Sail-World NZ.com and still going as late as a few days ago.

Gladwell for whatever the reason is drinking WOXI Kool Aid being a PR conduit and not reporting as an independent who asks questions. For instance he sides with WOXI's post, not pre-race view that AIS activation should never have been made compulsory for this race and the RC should never have protested. Fuck he supports WOXI's view the RC owes WOXI an apology. Yet he does not investigate why the RC didn't lodge a valid protest ie, "Sadly the half-baked allegations surrounding an electronic safety device were given too much credence by the Race Committee". 

Here are just two examples that make people seriously question WOXI's (and the RC's) position and bona fides where they have been spared any investigation and a protest hearing and using Mark Richards own words and no one elses. 

Using Gladwells first interview with Mark Richards published three days after the finish on 31 December, with my emphasis. 

B.  TRACKER - COLREGS - AIS 

"After the festivities of the finish, Sandy Oatley, Val Oatley and myself, walked over to Black Jack to congratulate them on an awesome race."

“They said nothing about a protest or claims that our AIS had been turned off. Nothing. They just said 'congratulations guys, well sailed race, fantastic result, well done" - and that was it."

"They weren't flying a protest flag and they didn't say a word. Not a word,” Richards emphasised. “We hadn’t seen their TV interview, of course.”

"When we were walking back from Black Jack to the hotel, a reporter came up and said "what do you think about the protest?"

"I said "what protest I don't what you are talking about. There was no protest."

"I was tired, we'd had a hard race, and I was blindsided by the question. We had no idea what they were talking about. That was when I made the comments about AIS not being mandatory under the Col Regs for ships at sea - which it isn't generally also for boats our size [or under 300 tonnes]. My comments were taken out of context, I was referring to the Col Regs, where it is clear that AIS is a voluntary navigational aid."

"I'm an amateur sailor. I do it because I enjoy it. The effort this year I put into this program, out of my own time is huge."

That exchange was with a Channel 2 reporter and here is the full extent courtesy of someone with a Twitter account who recorded that exchange in full. It is not a Channel 2's edited version so to give Mark Richards the full benefit of any doubt, albeit I'm sure he isn't aware of its existence, before his Gladwell interview.

The points to note;

1. The ABC reporter does not mention the words "protest" or "AIS" in that exchange but only the word "Tracker." The reason being for no mention of "protest" or "AIS" by that terrestrial not sailing reporter is she had just interviewed the owner of Black Jack, Peter Harburg just prior who said amongst other things in context the following; " 'We didn't know where they were, and they knew where we were all the time, so that has disadvantaged us and Comanche and we are very disappointed in that.' and The crew of his Queensland-based yacht wanted the race committee to examine the issue but that 'it's not our job to protest'."

Mark Richards responds accordingly to the reporter about the RO's "Tracker" (that they are obliged not to interfere with and WOXI download theirs and other boats tracker data directly into their Nav software), but he suddenly brings up AIS and out of the blue and it's activation being not mandatory?  Did Mark Richards having no knowledge of Black Jack's complaint, suddenly experience a "AIS Epiphany" or some message from God?

2. Mark Richards doesn't mention the word "COLREGS' or even imply in the context of saying "AIS activation is not mandatory" (assuming his COLREGS' reference means SOLAS vessels over 300 tonne or for non SOLAS commercial Australian Registered Vessels less than 300 tonnes now regarded as 'regulated vesels' where AIS activation is mandatory).

If he was aware of say the latter walking down that dock on Friday morning tired he joins a handful of maritime lawyers on Australia aware of the existence to a recent regulatory change that arguably captures a <300 tonne vessel like WOXI to turn their AIS on, as an Australian Registered Ship while in a recreational event, but are manned by professional crew?

Conclusion: The Gladwell interview is a fictional reconstruction of an exchange with that Channel 2 reporter that simply didn't happen. This interview by the ABC went live mid morning on Friday and put on their website at 1.32 pm AEDT or nearly seven hours before the RC lodged a unsupported protest having no evidence other than solely relying upon Black Jack's complaint and nothing from WOXI? 

C. AIS TX ON or OFF via THE INTERWEB.

"We've sailed all year with our AIS turned on. Others have chosen not to - we've chosen to sail in every race with AIS on. We do that from a safety perspective and because we are trying to support what the club's are trying to do with showing competitor positions."

"Why would we suddenly choose to sail without our AIS turned on for this race, especially when this a provision of the Sailing Instructions?"

What Mark Richards refers to there is the CYC's (and RO for this race) Blue Water Series and valuable form guide to this race which not tracked. What he refers to is AIS Interweb platforms like Marine Traffic and Vessel Finder etc to allow fans to follow the Blue Water Series. As an aside most boats do the same thing and have AIS TX on all the time save for when they are doing something strategic like which gybe they have taken after rounding the top mark in the last race of the series (WOXI not in that one).

Therefore his comments as follows in the same interview are totally weird.

"Unless someone tells you that you are not transmitting, there is no way that you know."

"We believe our VHF splitter had been compromised through the video live-stream download before the start. We were receiving AIS information, but we now believe our signal wasn't strong enough to transmit with much range."

"Subsequently Wild Oats XI found that there is a website that can be used to check AIS transmission strength, however, they were not aware of it at the time."

Conclusion: By Mark Richards own words it  indicates mid interviw with Gladwell he is suffering some sort of massive on-set dementia thing about Interweb AIS, that or the WOXI PR machine need putting out to pasture.

D. CONCLUSION

You lazy pricks can draw your own conclusions whether you want to be a WOXI and Gladwell cockwarbler or not.

Either way you will no doubt note I have not bothered to even touch on the new urban myth propgated by WOXI that a television up link at 2 GHz can fry electronics and join the "dog ate my homework". For instance the Tour de France RO is awaiting this amazing revelation from Mark Richards that for decades those camera mounted motorcycles and Helicopter downlinks have been frying everyone's fucking cell phones beside the route and even toasters in each town.

The world's outside broadcast industry are sitting spellbound for this evidence from Mark Richards now three weeks overdue and a promise to provide that microwave evidence. You remember that promise of course from Mark Richards via the Gladwell interview to provide that microwave evidence.

Fuck even Gladwell wrote in his latest misive; "As we write the matter is still unresolved. An explanation needs to be made as to how Wild Oats XI's AIS could have been affected/fried by microwave transmission equipment operated by the Channel 7 camera crew. Without that explanation who will have media people on board before the start of the 2019 edition of the annual offshore classic?"

WHY HAVE I MADE THIS POST THEN?

Simple.

1. My sole interest is the knock-on effect to our self-policing sport by this catastrofuck attached to a world wide signature event.

2. I'm of the firm belief after years of watching their demeanour, the Oatley/WOXI team have developed a culture, lead by Mark Richards or otherwise where they are not straight shooters in a self policing sport. They are are bullies in our sport no different than that Opti kid with monied parents with not a bees dick of appreciation of rules. They are the last people on earth to play a game of golf against.

3. As I have already articulated upthread I was quite prepared to give Richard Gladwell the benifit of the doubt with his first Mark Richards interview dated 31 December even though a contrived WOXI PR piece and full of holes as articulated above. That was because I both valued his journalist integrity and appreciated his thrust being Black Jack fucked up and him being a RCC nazi with a truckload of experience.

4. His second article dated 19 January unfortunately turned him into desperately now needing to gargle a few gallons of WOXI Cock Wash.

5. The penultimate reason to making this post was Gladewell's plead as follows in his latest piece of a couple a days ago; 'With the Race Committee remaining tight-lipped, the spotlight remains fixed on the crew and owners of Wild Oats XI - accompanied by jeers and innuendo from the usually nameless chatterati that they have cheated or won a race by breaking the rules."

"Make no mistake the 2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart race should have been a big celebration for the Oatley and Wild Oats family - with a Line Honours win ...instead they came away having been booted where it hurts, with nary a public apology or explanation from the competitors involved, the Race Committee or the Club.

You guys are better than that."

Gladwell writing that PR  fluff piece for WOXI thought that no one from the "the usually nameless chatterati" he pours shit over could possibly be bothered doing his job of poking the bear as an independent journalist. By way of example my quick above ABC TV recreation according to Richo is total craploa yet he printed it. If push came to shove did Gladwell honestly think he could make shit fly?

6. Now the icing on the cake, the coup de grâce or in French the "blow of mercy" a "death blow" to end the suffering of a severely wounded person or animal, or in this case poor old Richard Gladwell and the WOXI PR machine wanting to make all this shit all go away.

Remember Richard Gladwells article of 31 December with the penultimate paragraphs that said this; 

"We can very clearly prove that we had our AIS on for the entire race. We can prove, and will confirm in a week's time, that we were compromised by live-streaming from the helicopter".

Well if you click on the first linky below, you will find that penultimate paragraph of Gladwell's article dated 31 Dec has now disappeared. Stolen by aliens maybe? Can't reverse engineer the "fried splitter" via microwave story, so hit delete and hope no one notices and it all goes away?

I have to say that borders on journalistic suicide. I really hope it is a slow death now for Gladwell.

I hope with this post I have dispelled any thoughts that those that think something is on the nose, now might think it in fact stinks to high heaven. I get no joy from this. In essence from Australian Sailing down by ignoring this catastrofuck means sailing in Australia is rotting from the head down and with the concurrence if not clear support of participants and the sailing media.

Time some of us decided that do we have either "normal heads" OR, are we happy with bring "coneheads" coming from getting competitor PR and RO/CYCA dicks shoved collectively in our mouths and are forced to drink shit wine ?  Hopefully this meme helps those who struggle beyond comprehending two line posts.

Choice is yours people.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/213456/Wild-Oats-XIs-skipper-answers-critics-on-S2H-row

https://www.sail-world.com/news/213896/Gladwells-Line-Key-wins-for-WomenRSHYR-furore

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-28/wild-oats-xi-sydney-hobart-2018-line-honours-winner/10671064?pfmredir=sm

Jvc.gif

• Like 5

Looking at the tracker for 0120-0130 in the morning clearly shows the boats tightly bunched and Oats gybing as a reaction to Blackjack and Infotrack suddenly slowing to under 7 knots. (paps post upthread). The night was a .9% moon so night vision glasses pretty useless 

You can bet the navigator called that gybe from the AIS screen given the hour. Every crew member aboard will remember that moment as it was the turning point that put Oats around BJ and Infotrack.

7 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

What were you doing looking at your dick at 4.30 am?

Not 4.30 am here...Olaf have you noticed how the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, heard of a thing called the International Date Line? Will the nurse be with you shortly?

31 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Looking at the tracker for 0120-0130 in the morning clearly shows the boats tightly bunched and Oats gybing as a reaction to Blackjack and Infotrack suddenly slowing to under 7 knots. (paps post upthread). The night was a .9% moon so night vision glasses pretty useless 

You can bet the navigator called that gybe from the AIS screen given the hour. Every crew member aboard will remember that moment as it was the turning point that put Oats around BJ and Infotrack.

All that needs to be said

End of thread.

Questions that come out of this:

Will the CYCA discuss publicly what changes to the SIs/rules may be needed with regards to mandatory AIS ?

When does the CYCA publish next year's SIs?

Are there other races where this has happened? (other than the Volvo)

Will they have to mandate signal strength and antenna placement? 

Will there ever be a boat that bangs the corner like Indian Pacific in 84 again? (that's for Jack's benefit)

Dialling the update on the tracker to real time is the only other solution which takes the heat off competitor's compliance. 

27 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Questions that come out of this:

Will the CYCA discuss publicly what changes to the SIs/rules may be needed with regards to mandatory AIS ?

When does the CYCA publish next year's SIs?

Will they have to mandate signal strength and antenna placement? 

Will there ever be a boat that bangs the corner like Indian Pacific in 84 again? (that's for Jack's benefit)

Dialling the update on the tracker to real time is the only other solution which takes the heat off competitor's compliance. 

Posing rhetorical questions to the sky now cup cake? The CYC, the crew of WOXI and everyone else who was actually envolved in the race has moved on with their lives. Only you, Pap smear and Jack are still demanding answers and calling people cheats. Even senior WOXI hater Mid has returned to his day job of starting threads telling Americans how to run their country. 

Time to put your dummy back in your mouth and get on with your life. Nothing is going to happen except you giving yourself a nervous twitch. 

35 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Yes the B2K race last year. You see some of us have actual experience using AIS in an offshore race, while you sit in your dark little room, creating speculation and innuendo and poking pins into your Mark Richards doll.

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yes the B2K race last year. You see some of us have actual experience using AIS in an offshore race, while you sit in your dark little room, creating speculation and innuendo and poking pins into your Mark Richards doll.

There you go again. You really are a problem child LB, needing constant attention for your fabulous skillset whilst running people down for anything real or imagined; mostly imagined.

2 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

There you go again. You really are a problem child LB, needing constant attention for your fabulous skillset whilst running people down for anything real or imagined; mostly imagined.

And yet you keep biting. Surely it is time for the great ‘you are on ignore’ proclamation. 

And your obsession with this is hardly imagined. It is both creepy and funny to watch.

You enjoy that... Getting people to put you on ignore?

You don't offend me, you rarely amuse me; but you totally shit me with your gadfly antics.

It sends good posters away; people who really do know about AIS, people who can race boats, boat owners sailmakers etc. I've seen it before when a quality person turns up like the owner of a sail loft or famous tactician starts posting and the likes of you sends them off. Sailing Anarchy forums go through cycles and generally the quality goes downhill when an active troll like you starts shitting all over threads and picking scabs.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

You enjoy that... Getting people to put you on ignore?

You don't offend me, you rarely amuse me; but you totally shit me with your gadfly antics.

It sends good posters away; people who really do know about AIS, people who can race boats, boat owners sailmakers etc. I've seen it before when a quality person turns up like the owner of a sail loft or famous tactician starts posting and the likes of you sends them off. Sailing Anarchy forums go through cycles and generally the quality goes downhill when an active troll like you starts shitting all over threads and picking scabs.

You can’t help yourself can you. Now who was the famous tactician and owner of a sail loft I drove away? I think you will find that everyone else got bored with you going on and on like a broken record or they simply moved on from this dead issue. But not me sweet pea. I am here for you.

23 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

No you asked a question and I answered it. That is how this conversation thing works. 

You should go for a sail mate- try to remember how nice the sport is without all the hate and jealousy. 

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

No you asked a question and I answered it. That is how this conversation thing works. 

You should go for a sail mate- try to remember how nice the sport is without all the hate and jealousy. 

You pretending to be interested in conversation rather than attention seeking is funny.

You ignore the merit of most posts and attack the poster, that's a troll's modus operandi.

It's not brilliant satire or parody it's mostly grubby attention seeking.

Before you read the art of conversation you should read "This is why we can't have nice things"

The internet makes trolls feel famous; that's you LB.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not 4.30 am here...Olaf have you noticed how the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, heard of a thing called the International Date Line? Will the nurse be with you shortly?

But why were you looking at your dick?................. on second thoughts, don’t answer that. 

21 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

You pretending to be interested in conversation rather than attention seeking is funny.

You ignore the merit of most posts and attack the poster, that's a troll's modus operandi.

It's not brilliant satire or parody it's mostly grubby attention seeking.

Before you read the art of conversation you should read "This is why we can't have nice things"

The internet makes trolls feel famous; that's you LB.

You seem very angry today little prince. Nothing new to add to the conversation about the pending protest and fall from grace by MR? Does making up shit about me fill that void? If so I am glad to help. Now again who were the famous people I drove away?

Just now, LB 15 said:

You seem very angry today little prince. Nothing new to add to the conversation about the pending protest and fall from grace by MR? Does making up shit about me fill that void? If so I am glad to help. Now again who were the famous people I drove away?

Don't pretend to want a conversation now. It's got the dull thud of insincerity.

Learn some comprehension skills and if that's not the problem stop manipulating what people have said into what they didn't say.

I've made no shit up about you.

9 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

I've made no shit up about you.

Apart from driving away a sail maker and famous tactician apparently. Do you even read what you post? Now calm down little man. No point is giving yourself a stroke. No not that kind of stroke. 

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Apart from driving away a sail maker and famous tactician apparently. Do you even read what you post? Now calm down little man. No point is giving yourself a stroke. No not that kind of stroke. 

"I've seen it before when a quality person turns up like the owner of a sail loft or famous tactician starts posting and the likes of you sends them off.":

Unless English is your second language this means people like you...

Dictionary meaning for you just in case

But I think you know this.

4 minutes ago, mad said:

tenor.gif.8f5611312e744d5073b6214d27b25496.gif

And the next man enters the ring........ this could an epic battle tonight folks. 

No it'll be all the tired old classic trolling moves. Just wait; it'll be " I am The puppet master and I do this all for my own amusement" next.

27 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

"I've seen it before when a quality person turns up like the owner of a sail loft or famous tactician starts posting and the likes of you sends them off.":

Unless English is your second language this means people like you...

Dictionary meaning for you just in case

But I think you know this.

You are ‘like’ my own little stalker. So I am ‘like’ someone who scares people away. I see. And who are you ‘like’ poppet? 

9 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

No it'll be all the tired old classic trolling moves. Just wait; it'll be " I am The puppet master and I do this all for my own amusement" next.

Yep - pretty much sums it up.

10 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Well that’s why I’m here. :lol:

20 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You are ‘like’ my own little stalker. So I am ‘like’ someone who scares people away. I see. And who are you ‘like’ poppet? 

Aaah that move! Of course. "My"... how self important.

Maybe you are William LB Golding and this is your little `Lord of the flies' thread proving how you can encourage one liners about pussification.

or just a n unfortunate insight to trolling.

43 minutes ago, mad said:

Well that’s why I’m here. :lol:

Me too. I will let pigtrick have the last word. That throbbing vein on his forehead needs some down time.

19 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Aaah that move! Of course. "My"... how self important.

Maybe you are William LB Golding and this is your little `Lord of the flies' thread proving how you can encourage one liners about pussification.

or just a n unfortunate insight to trolling.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/153884-anti-pussification-effort/

I found it for you sweetpea. 

On 12/30/2018 at 10:46 AM, paps49 said:

If anyone is seriously considering a third party (if that's what it's called) R69 protest I would be happy to add my name to it.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:50 AM, random said:

+1 Let's do it!

So any news on how this is progressing? Heard anything back from World sailing yet?

13 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Progressing well Little Boy.

Outstanding. Will they call you and Randumb as witnesses or will a statement as the the terrible hurt and suffering this has caused you be enough? What about proof or evidence of any kind that they turned their transmitter off? How are you going with that?

i wonder if calling someone a cheat would be grounds for a R69...?

. Goddamit! Where is Randumb when you need him?

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Me too. I will let pigtrick have the last word. That throbbing vein on his forehead needs some down time.

‘That throbbing vein in his forehead “ 

Not at all, I don’t feel the least bit fazed in being the recipient of your shite.

You are a study in arrested development that’s all.