Jump to content

2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Someone shat the bed. You know as well as I do that was directed at SOLAS and AU Regulated...and get fucked.

Did I? But we are talking about yachts here Jackyboy. Commercially registered yachts perhaps? You should either be more specific in your posts (like exactly who your are accusing of cheating), or maybe you should just get some sleep. I expectantly await your 1000 word essay on SOLAS...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In loving memory of Clark and Daw We welcome this evening Mr Richard the skipper of the winning power boat. Hello Brian. Mr Richard, may we call you Dick? Sure Brian, most

If Matt Allen as President of AS has any balls he should put Harburg/Bradford and Oatley/Richards in a room and read them the riot act. Harburg for not protesting but having a cry on national TV and O

Ok I am now caught up on this thread. Yes I went live - first actually - with the news direct from Shipwright Arms where WOXI were having lunch in one room, and BJ in the other. Was the best place to

Posted Images

13 hours ago, paps49 said:

My wife realised long ago that I was far too unstable to hold property just in case anyone was wondering.........

Smart women, but does she really want your caravan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, frant said:

Do you have some background information that such a Defamation n action is in the offing LB? Or are you just blowing hot air?

The Truth is however the fundamental defence against defamation and it does seem a matter of “fact” that WOXI was not AIS transmitting. The corollary of that is that they, which would include the afterguard and the whole crew were cheating. Whether by default or otherwise depends on the plausibility of the fried splitter story.

Who knows what I know mate...but you are quite correct that any defamitory comments about the boat cheating also includes the crew. There is no 'Fact' found that they were not transmitting, only that it was not receiving and even if it wasn't transmitting that does not justify an allegation of 'cheating'. You should also know that truth alone is not a defense in a Defo case. Intent to harm the other person's reputation also is a factor. That can run to big money- more than Papsmear's caravan will cover.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PIL66 said:

Is "The Truth" back...?  I haven't seen him here for quite a while 

He was actually participating in the thread in the early part. Be a few hundred pages back now. I will have the lawyers who are going through the thread right now keep a lookout for his posts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, frant said:

No the newspaper must be due for a comeback soon, or at least the pics!

Or at least Jack Dyer's famous Truth column "Dyer 'ere"

Seems quite apt for this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So Jack, just to be clear you are changing your post from WOXI cheated by turning their AIS off to it is all Richard Gladwell's fault for not joining in your witch hunt.

I would love to see any post of mine saying WOXI cheated.

BTW Francis posted his own murder wall as follows.

MR : 3,

BJ : 1, 

RC/CYCA : 1

Gladwell : 2

Where the score is dick moves.

LB. I believe my reply to Francis as follows makes my position very clear about all the parties involved. 

On 1/24/2019 at 12:15 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Francis that score is rediculous.

WOXI your top score but no evidence of any wrong doing and only crime is post IJ decision stupidity of going to print with a Hanzel & Gretal story and unseemly chest thumping instead of saying nothing.

RG. Apart from crappy journalism he was supposed to walk away from a WOXI exclusive?

BJ & RC. Equal lowest score yet each both held a RRS key they didn't use, where if they did, this whole sorry mess would never have occured.

I would suggest your "murder wall" is arse about face.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Ok LB I'll bite you lying sack of shit. Please provide a screenshot of a post I have deleted or fuck off.

Sorry cup cake they are now privileged. You will get to see them during discovery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

I would love to see any post of mine saying WOXI cheated.

BTW Francis posted his own murder wall as follows.

MR : 3,

BJ : 1, 

RC/CYCA : 1

Gladwell : 2

Where the score is dick moves.

LB. I believe my reply to Francis makes my position very clear about all the parties involved. 

 

You seem a little concerned Jack? You should perhaps type less and think more. You might also want to read back to some of your early posts. And no, I am not your Secretary so I am not doing it for you. I like to keep you busy...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes.. your blood pressure.

I just had it checked. Its all good, but then again I get plenty of sleep and don't let things like yacht races I didn't do worry me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frant said:

Is that a concession that something good has come out of Melbourne?

 

As I have said many times, I like Melbourne. I always enjoying being down there. Well maybe not the past few days, but it has been nearly 31 here in Brisbane all week. Even had the Aircon on in the office.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck LB yours is the biggest whinge since that criminal insurance scammer sued Scooter

Rather against the time honored rules of SA where we discuss whatever the fuck we want, isn’t it?

 I said that the fried splitter was a flaky assertion because it fixed itself magically very soon after tying up. You stated that was a homo way of saying they cheated. 

Pissy whiny fucking LB thinking he’s ‘schooling ‘ everone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck I didn't know you did it. I could have sworn ...never mind.

I have met babies who didn't cough up their candy that quick.

Fuck I love this place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Fuck LB yours is the biggest whinge since that criminal insurance scammer sued Scooter

Rather against the time honored rules of SA where we discuss whatever the fuck we want, isn’t it?

 I said that the fried splitter was a flaky assertion because it fixed itself magically very soon after tying up. You stated that was a homo way of saying they cheated. 

Pissy whiny fucking LB thinking he’s ‘schooling ‘ everone.

 

There is that winning noise again. Can we get someone from maintenance down here to have a look at this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Sorry cup cake they are now privileged. You will get to see them during discovery.

I thought so, are you South Aifrican by any chance? I just keep getting this feeling you are about to call me "boy".

Mumbles has my email for service of any defo case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Exactly only thing that has given the entire subject oxygen.

Rule 101 of crisis management is turn off the fan and don't fuel the fire and if anything is said be transparent, accountable and be prepared for social media backlash. Instead abuse the social media audience and have a questionable answer with a call to action that is not followed through with.

It doesn't get any dumber or more arrogant.

 

Brexit? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paps49 said:

IMumbles has my email for service of any defo case.

Well arn’t you the connected one! I bet you are even friends with sailor girl on Facebook.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 10:01 PM, LB 15 said:

Only among the handful of people posting on this thread. The rest of the known universe, including the central players, MR and crew, BJ and crew, the CYCA, the IJs on the PC, the guy selling scollop pies at the harbour light and the head gardener on Hamilton island have all moved on with their lives.

These forums attract the oddest people. 

Sadly I will be out in it today. 15 knot NE and not a cloud in the sky. Looking forward to anchoring for lunch and a swim. I need to get a real Job. 

You said it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staysail said:

No, but if the rule has such a huge impact on racing tactics and outcomes as AIS does and it is impossible to police it on a continuous basis it seems there could be unscrupulous people out there who will conveniently forget the self policing aspect of our sport,

 

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Maybe Jack would prefer ocean racing goes the way school sports are going, where everyone is a winner. Lets skip tactics and play follow the leader.

So a race that has 10 minute tracker updates the tactics for that are completely different compared to a race that also includes AIS?  Mmm have you an example?

Hoppy isn't there already a congre line with boats of different shapes and sizes, it is not a OD race?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

So a race that has 10 minute tracker updates the tactics for that are completely different compared to a race that also includes AIS?  Mmm have you an example?

Hoppy isn't there already a congre line with boats of different shapes and sizes, it is not a OD race?

Tracker updates can only effectively give you a competitor's position as speed and course is just a snapshot.  AIS updates often enough for you to ascertain their speed and course far more accurately.

A navigator on a Ker 46if he knows the rough polars of a TP52 then he'll know if they are in lighter breeze with AIS, not so much with say a ten minute tracker. 

The Derwent, for instance can get very patchy and often gets a classic split breeze before the Seabreeze kicks. AIS would be the ticket there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the absence of anything new, interesting or informative to contribute, feel free to post the same old shit over and over. We can get this to forty pages. We can do this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Tracker updates can only effectively give you a competitor's position as speed and course is just a snapshot.  AIS updates often enough for you to ascertain their speed and course far more accurately.

Tricky I understand perfectly the data set difference but that wasn't the question. I'm simply after this huge tactical difference between tracker and tracker/AIS in the S2H (not just Derwent slows) that @hoppy and @staysail speak of?  Seems Hoppy can't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hoppy said:

I have the same question for you that I once asked Random.

Do you seriously agree with everything you write or do you just like to be a devils advocate or troll?

I'm only after an answer to a question so I can understand what your possibly trying to say. If you can't and prefer to go into a tizz, no sweat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Tricky I understand perfectly the data set difference but that wasn't the question. I'm simply after this huge tactical difference between tracker and tracker/AIS in the S2H (not just Derwent slows) that @hoppy and @staysail speak of? 

A snap shot every 10 minutes with less information is not as useful as more or less continuous AIS. 

Isn't that the basic premise of the advantage to Wild Oats when they saw BJ ahead slow badly and so they gybed away? They had immediate info and acted. 

Butterworth perhaps ten minutes later may have seen it on the tracker but may still not have been sure if Wild Oats stayed in pressure or not since boat speed numbers not very accurate on the tracker

 

and Jack, I'm also wondering if you are tag teaming with LB now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

A snap shot every 10 minutes with less information is not as useful as more or less continuous AIS

Isn't that the basic premise of the advantage to Wild Oats when they saw BJ ahead slow badly and so they gybed away? They had immediate info and acted. ....

and Jack, I'm also wondering if you are tag teaming with LB now?

That is not a change in tactics. That is the same tactic simply of scrutinising someone else's progress but with more accurate and timely information courtesy of AIS. If anyone is saying from start to finish in a 600 mile ocean race this constant scrutiny is going on equivalent to a AIS update interval they are on drugs.

What your saying is AIS at certain times can be beneficial over tracker only. That is when you are out of sight or at night but within AIS range. Within sight a pair of binoculars, hand bearing compass, log and some maths will tell you nearly the same information if you were so inclined.

I suppose the best support to this is exactly what occurred. No-one gave two hoots about the lack of a WOXI AIS Tx up until they hit Tasman Is. If they had they would have already protested. WOXI in the dark then went around them. The only boat with a chance from there to the finish was BJ the other two knew they were dead in the water AIS or no AIS. Who was upset the most about what transpired?

So in a two day race AIS played a part, a very crucial part to the outcome of the race, but it only lasted the time it took for WOXI to gybe away. That was it in a 600 mile race.

It is hardly a good advertisement for AIS being a tool that turns a mixed fleet into a congre line or dramatically changes tactics as is being claimed.

Can't say I have felt a LB reach-around today but I'll go check.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, frant said:

WOXI failed to Tx an AIS signal during the recent S2H. The SI’s require that the boat both Tx and Rx at all times. The explanation preferred by WOXI as to their excuse for non Tx compliance ie a fried splitter, lacks credibility. Therefore the consensus of opinion of many posters is that WOXI cheated. Subsequent explanations add further fuel to the fire.

The consensus of opinion of many posters has reached their verdict.

Guilty!

Image result for judge with hammer gif

But what of the findings of a group of international Judges?

Image result for judge with hammer gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

That is not a change in tactics. That is the same tactic simply of scrutinising someone else's progress but with more accurate and timely information courtesy of AIS. If anyone is saying from start to finish in a 600 mile ocean race this constant scrutiny is going on equivalent to a AIS update interval they are on drugs.

What your saying is AIS at certain times can be beneficial over tracker only. That is when you are out of sight or at night but within AIS range. Within sight a pair of binoculars, hand bearing compass, log and some maths will tell you nearly the same information if you were so inclined.

I suppose the best support to this is exactly what occurred. No-one gave two hoots about the lack of a WOXI AIS Tx up until they hit Tasman Is. If they had they would have already protested. WOXI in the dark then went around them. The only boat with a chance from there to the finish was BJ the other two knew they were dead in the water AIS or no AIS. Who was upset the most about what transpired?

So in a two day race AIS played a part, a very crucial part to the outcome of the race, but it only lasted the time it took for WOXI to gybe away. That was it in a 600 mile race.

It is hardly a good advertisement for AIS being a tool that turns a mixed fleet into a congre line or dramatically changes tactics as is being claimed.

Can't say I have felt a LB reach-around today but I'll go check.

I suppose a lot of ocean racing is just drag racing except for those transition times like approaching Tasman Light.

Sometimes weather gets a little funky like seabreeze/land breeze transitions  or just plain old current which I suppose we worried a lot more about in 4ktsb IOR boats of too many years ago nevertheless other boats AIS will tell you. I'm pretty sure it will create a herd instinct amongst tacticians.

I remember a one design nationals years ago where the current national champion was the best with smarts but two young uber fit guys who could straight leg hike everywhere just followed him around the course and dragged raced him to the finish every race. He lost that year.

AIS can sort of be like that for some.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

 

I remember a one design nationals years ago where the current national champion was the best with smarts but two young uber fit guys who could straight leg hike everywhere just followed him around the course and dragged raced him to the finish every race. He lost that year.

AIS can sort of be like that for some.

 

Hey good point. So now with AIS, the other TP52's can just go where Matt Alan goes and then just before the finish they can nip around him and win.

On the rare occasions you post something intelligent (If not original) I start to give you the benefit on the doubt, and then you post something like that.

I then know that I was right.

You are a moron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, frant said:

And you know how “valuable” a reputation can be. Abdul the goat fucker cried that he only fucked one lousy goat. What was unsaid is that all the others were really good fucks. His father Abdul the camel fucker was really disappointed that his son should stoop to goat fucking. His son Abdul the sheep fucker looked up to his fathers prowess.

Goes to show that your reputation is only worth the values you hold.

In my family we used the analagy about the man with no shoes feeling bad until he met a man with no feet. But each to there own I guess. However I find your choice of words 'Stoop to goat fucking' quite offensive. Stereotyping all Arab men as being tall is most uncalled for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Hey good point. So now with AIS, the other TP52's can just go where Matt Alan goes and then just before the finish they can nip around him and win.

On the rare occasions you post something intelligent (If not original) I start to give you the benefit on the doubt, and then you post something like that.

I then know that I was right.

You are a moron.

I doubt you even got my point. 

But I'll bow to your amazing sailing c.v. if you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

But I'll bow to your amazing sailing c.v. if you want.

I have no doubt you would. I can get you to do just about anything I want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Image result for facepalm gif

A dismissed case (your meme) and an invalid protest have nuances that are not the same as the opposite of `guilty'.

Positing one group (the protest committee) and another (this forum) is at odds is not true...No case has been heard at all so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

In my family we used the analagy about the man with no shoes feeling bad until he met a man with no feet.

LB you can enlighten the family further about;

The man with no feet feeling bad until he met a 100' tall man with a story that had no legs.

Then the 100' tall man feeling bad until he met two men, one a 100' tall that each had no balls and no stomach.

Then the two men with no balls and no stomach feeling bad until they met a man with nothing but a head,  they called him the "head man".

The "head man" feeling bad for everyone then made it all go away and everyone feel better.

However the 100' tall man with a story that had no legs, still wasn't happy so he took his story and cooked it further using a microwave.

The man with no shoes and man with no feet were gobsmacked, so went and told all their mates on social media. Some became so outraged they lost their heads.

The moral of the story is, hide if you ever see a man with no shoes or no feet, unless you have a story that has legs that you can run home with.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

A dismissed case (your meme) and an invalid protest have nuances that are not the same as the opposite of `guilty'.

Positing one group (the protest committee) and another (this forum) is at odds is not true...No case has been heard at all so far.

Image result for facepalm gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

LB you can enlighten the family further about;

The man with no feet feeling bad until he met a 100' tall man with a story that had no legs.

Then the 100' tall man feeling bad until he met two men, one a 100' tall that each had no balls and no stomach.

Then the two men with no balls and no stomach feeling bad until they met a man with nothing but a head,  they called him the "head man".

The "head man" feeling bad for everyone then made it all go away and everyone feel better.

However the 100' tall man with a story that had no legs, still wasn't happy so he took his story and cooked it further using a microwave.

The man with no shoes and man with no feet were gobsmacked, so went and told all their mates on social media. Some became so outraged they lost their heads.

The moral of the story is, hide if you ever see a man with no shoes or no feet, unless you have a story that has legs so you can run for the hills. 

 

Could it also be the men with no balls and no stomach will always try to bring down the Tall man?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Go and talk to all those lawyers ready to pounce on us...  an invalid protest is proof of nothing. You may as well post a meme of mary poppins as your second. It’ll make the same point 

Image result for mary poppins facepalm gif

 

Image result for facepalm gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

In the absence of anything new, interesting or informative to contribute, feel free to post the same old shit over and over. We can get this to forty pages. We can do this. 

Why not, you have been spouting variations of "It's Over" and "They Won" for 30 fucking pages man.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

LB I think you have that mixed up. It was Maria the governess to the Von Trap family with no mother and the Nazi saluting thing, not Mary Poppins.

God damit Jack keep your voice down!

Oh for fucks sake Randumb you don't look anything like Mary Poppins! Now get back in the shed you stupid cunt!

Image result for Gimp with umbrella

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s finally here the big kahuna. The number you labored through minutes, hours and days over the last 4 weeks.

Endured sore keyboard fingers and blistered brains for those with cerebral palsy that can only do weird memes. The angry posters, their even angrier socks, threats of deformation, deformers of the truth, trojan horses, vigilantes, WOXI death squads and the fire breathing supporters of the CYC.

And now it is here, the thing those chided as the online chatterati have been waiting for, week four of this threads stats. 

Total Posts: 3,074  (3,672)

Average Posts per Week: 769  (77)

Average Posts per Day: 110   (11)

Total Thread Views: 65,250  (156,404)

Average Thread Views per Week: 16,313  (3,258)

Average Thread Views per Day: 2,330  (465)

Note S2H 2018 Race thread in (   ).

 

Take a bow you minions, but make sure your disguises don't slip off, or you will end up in a deformed suitcase.

tenor_(2).gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, LB... Mumbles emailed me today and I quote..

" For fucks sake Paps, get over the fucking G1 painting will you! I was selling a fucking book!

This Oatley gig is going pear shaped mate, I'm telling you.

Please tell that fucking Yarpy to shut the fuck up!

We were close to pulling the trigger on your "stand up guy" scenario and Bam, he brings in Judge Judy!

I'm relying on you man, you owe me.

You do still have those negs of me and Glads right?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Actually LB, you have crossed a line. I'm not comfortable with that. As soon as you typed Papsmear you were doomed.

Would any of you fathers in here send your daughters of to LB school?

You think that Lb is an outlier from the home of bjelke peterson and his crew, katter, hanson, palmer and anning?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites