2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In loving memory of Clark and Daw We welcome this evening Mr Richard the skipper of the winning power boat. Hello Brian. Mr Richard, may we call you Dick? Sure Brian, most

If Matt Allen as President of AS has any balls he should put Harburg/Bradford and Oatley/Richards in a room and read them the riot act. Harburg for not protesting but having a cry on national TV and O

Ok I am now caught up on this thread. Yes I went live - first actually - with the news direct from Shipwright Arms where WOXI were having lunch in one room, and BJ in the other. Was the best place to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DtM said:

LB maybe you have to release Randumb for a few minutes.  He is always good for a barrage of posts in a short time.

Ok but be it on your head...

Related image

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

964D67E8-0E1A-44A8-ADB2-F62F0B698D0F.jpeg

I thoroughly enjoyed all the photos in your 'big tit' series LB, but this was truly the stand out image of a big tit.

This the one that normally pushes you over the edge during your special alone time?

I've twigged how to do this.

I've removed the AIS transponder from an AtoN. Try 'follow the leader' now you bastards. 

By the way, my new boat moniker for a short period of time will be 'Caloundra Fairway Beacon', I'm having a few problems programming the new MMSI.

• Like 1

LB, thank you very much for the kind explanation I do get confused these days especially after my afternoon green smoothy that the nice Nurse brings.

I would like to add my thanks to Scooters. Since I was a kid I have had this thing, some call it a character fault, I prefer compass. I cannot let things slide. If I see shit happening I generally call it. Be it bullying, cheating, corruption or just plain old theft.
This thread has served a purpose and that is to call out both the Oats and CYC teams in public and we have seen their response. They have both assumed the Armadillo defensive position nose firmly up arse.
The Oats side has shut down posting on FB completely and the CYC is putting up fluff pieces  about the good old days, you too could win the Hobart race.
As I said, LB I would like to sincerely thank you for your efforts at keeping this thread alive.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, frant said:

Seriously? This ones a DNC They have to be white and wearing a bikini to get a start.

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The first one was a gif that didn’t work. In the old days I could have asked Randumb for help.

4 hours ago, frant said:

A question for Francis Vaughan. If you put someone on ignore do images they post still pop up on your screen?

2 hours ago, hoppy said:

How can a content blocker determine what images are offensive?

1 hour ago, frant said:

And anyone who posts pics of fat chics gets sent off.

33 minutes ago, paps49 said:

I cannot let things slide. If I see shit happening I generally call it. Be it bullying, cheating, corruption or just plain old theft.

Have you all tried ringing 911 with your questions and complaints?

16-JwkZq3r.jpg

9 hours ago, frant said:

Seriously? This ones a DNC They have to be white and wearing a bikini to get a start.

and more particularly not just straight out of the gender reassignment program

WTF?!

4 minutes ago, frant said:

Looks like a bloke of African American extraction thats been to a hospital in Thailand. No fat chics and no ugly would be chics.

Pretty simple. Otherwise you get sent off. Of course exception made if the photo is a real image of one of your loved ones. Then we follow Paps lead and become politically correct.

Your racism is noted..... even without your back-pedal. 

1 hour ago, lighthouse keeper said:

When we surpass  the other thread, what happens ? do we get to sacrifice a vestal  noobie??  Or does the last one out just turn of the AIS?

Lighthouse,

I find when one is seeking inspiration, one should always turn to the classics for contemplation..

hqdefault.jpg.e3aa8dccc8613da84050f5e2fcf9c65f.jpg

I want to be an er not an ee

1 hour ago, lighthouse keeper said:

When we surpass  the other thread, what happens ? do we get to sacrifice a vestal  noobie??  Or does the last one out just turn of the AIS?

With 50 posts, I’d keep my mouth shut about vestal noobies. 

On 1/31/2019 at 3:36 AM, Wess said:

Well things seem to be slowing down.  You need something to ramp this back up. 

I am doing my part below.It would not deter LB 15.  He says he crossed the English channel 76 (or so) times and came in and out of various busy ports often in pea soup fog and without radar (or AIS obviously given his supposed age guessed from his apparent early onset dementia).  His skill is such that he is a Sailing GOD among boys.  Besides its not like the Navy ever hits anything.  #wedontneednostinkingais

On 1/31/2019 at 4:40 AM, LB 15 said:

Not really a God - just a humple Yachtmaster instructor.  Happy to teach you blind Nav in fog and sound signals wheeze. After all we teach this to Coastal skipper students with only a few weeks experience. But being a sailing god I don’t come cheap. And I suspect you will be a slow learner - you don’t come across as very bright.

LB you don't need AIS to spot Weazzer coming ..he came here with form.

23-IQuvbH4.png

On 1/31/2019 at 8:51 PM, LB 15 said:

Sad as it is that he needs it explained but I got this one.

Pappy the only members of the public that are even vaguely interested are Jack the essay writer, the hoppster, you, frant, easy street, wheezy and one razor sharp brilliant satirist playing whack a mole with you all. 

A few others drop by for a comment or two but that is it. The entire interested Public. It’s just us baby. Even pig trick has gone and our founder, Mid strength, has gone back to his day job of starting a new thread about Donald Trump every 19 minutes over in PA. Sure there are plenty watching but they are only here for a good old fashioned SA shitshow. Do you really think anyone is reading this looking for new information, informed opinion or quality debate? Of course their fucking not! They are here to see if I will Ark up at Frant for his childish taunts about Shane Warne banging my wife or if you have engaged a lawyer yet. 

Shit fights are the life blood of these forums, and I think scooter owes us all a long lunch when we pass the other thread. Hell I will even unzip Randumb for the afternoon.

Bags not sitting next to you though you grumpy cunt. 

The general public have returned to thinking Sydney to Hobart is a Jetstar package and Wild Oats is a breakfast cereal made by the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

We are yelling at the clouds cupcake. No one else gives a fuck.

And mate you're not off the hook, you keep coming up with that same shit every 4 pages...are you hiding something?

46-HS72wKu-558x800.jpg

3 hours ago, lighthouse keeper said:

Why all the fucking questions? When have you ever listened to anybody.

9-siea3fQ-800x705.jpg

12 hours ago, frant said:

3 hours ago, mad said:

WTF?!

Unfortunately Mad Frant's racist overtones come from never reading beyond the headlines.

19-tT7jQPS.jpg

27-fRuI5UZ.jpg

34 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I don't think frant will be giving that a likey...and mate isn't that a bit early?

images (35).jpeg

It was just a special for Frant........ and I didn't think we'd make it to the next page.

11 hours ago, DtM said:

Hey LB, just switch off the AIS now since we are just rounding Tasman Island.  The Injun won't see us coming.

I thought Gramps said that Mark Richards turned it off.  But then Gladwell reported that Mark said the helicopter turned it off, that he would prove it in week, and that poor Mark was deeply offended by the evil RC.  But that was after Mark Richards reportedly said AIS wasn't required and Gramps started saying it would be the death of sailboat racing.  #bestboatworstskipper  #11months2go

6 hours ago, frant said:

On the other hand I wonder if we could get the technical gurus, not looking at Francis or Jack here, to develop a system ....

Borrowing from this Brexit cartoon (yes I know some you numbskulls will have to Google that) imagine on the left is Mark Richards with the RPAYC flag flying and riding his AIS Splitter. On the right is Channel 7 with their Helicopter and On-board Camera Microwave system.

For this "fried splitter" story to fly, one of them is going to have retrospectively change their plug/socket to 26 Dec.

I imagine this is why Marks explanation is 4 weeks overdue.

Pic courtesy capt crunch

charge.thumb.jpg.4b3befa9bd2dcc0e32c964bf133541ec.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, frant said:

it was you that posted a provocative picture of what appears to be a child on the internei. Happy to stand by my claim.

Do some research you before you hurl that insult around, racist little fuck that you are!!

Abbreviated rules
Zapata
By Zapata 
07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version:

Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses
Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game.
If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7
If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.  

We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement.

Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.  

If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.

2 minutes ago, frant said:

As I said I will leave trawling those sites to you. I'm not interested.

Did you look at the wiki link????

Oh no, you didn't.  You can't look at anything that's not white.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, frant said:

No you post an image of what appears to be a twelve year old girl, I dont really care if she is a sixty year old grandmother. She looks like a twelve year old child. Did you post for Frant insinuating that I am a pedophile?

You didn't insinuate, you down right posted it.

13 minutes ago, frant said:

yes directly as a result of your posting an image of a child insinuating that it was for my benefit.

It was the colour of her skin you fucking moron!! 

FIVE WEEKS OF HARD LABOUR

Well done chaps with exceeding the page (38v37) count and total posts today.

To keep S2H 2018 Race thread properly comparative it's stats ceased a week ago on 25 January for the 11 months that it had reasonable or better activity, otherwise it's rate stats would get worse in time.

Total Posts: 3,700  (3,672)

Average Posts per Week: 740  (77)

Average Posts per Day: 106   (11)

Total Thread Views: 72,600  (156,404)

Average Thread Views per Week: 14,520  (3,258)

Average Thread Views per Day: 2,074  (465)

Note S2H 2018 Race thread in (   ) to 25 January.

At some point the rate (weekly and daily) stats will meet. Maybe some estimates on when that will be?

33 minutes ago, Wess said:

LOL, its the Governail game.  But we can't stay ahead if you keep deleting posts!! Jack will have to redo his numbers.

Luckily they are recorded so that didn't work with 191 posts deleted. Anyway let them knock them selves out, the views they can't change and they are removing their own pollution (unless quoted). Interesting thing is someone here has minimum of 191 posts to-date to delete?

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Luckily they are recorded so that didn't work. Anyway let them knock them selves out, the views they can't change and their removing their own pollution unless quoted. 

I haven’t removed anything, it would appear that Frant has deleted or left the building. Or both. 

Houston, we have a problem.

We lost a whole page.

Jack - Wake up Gramps.  Engage the Pig.  You guys got work to do. And damn it Piggy, stop getting people flicked or we will never put this over the top.

13 minutes ago, Wess said:

We lost a whole page.

Exactly 2 actually. Frant's 2 pages or 2/38 X 100 = 5.3% of posts by page. Don't think he could resist LB's casting technique. I'm sure after the weekend that physical loss will be recovered. There is no paper loss in this high end of on-line statistics.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Wess said:

We lost a whole page.

Jack - Wake up Gramps.  Engage the Pig.  You guys got work to do. And damn it Piggy, stop getting people flicked or we will never put this over the top.

I didn’t flick anyone, you break one of the few rules here, you’ll get flicked. 

The racist little shit did it to himself, it’s prety easy to figure out if you scroll up .

248059.jpg.a3dae4a07a0f9090938ca9bf601b736b.jpg

• Like 1

I gather Frant stepped over the line with a pedo comment and he and his posts got atomised by the Mods? Pity really. He contributed fuck all but would hit a bait like a Mangrove Jack.

Fuck I love this place. 

And I hear Mark Richards is being nominated for a Order of Australia award for his contribution to the sport of offshore racing. And rightly so in my opinion, he is the most successful skipper in one of the worlds preeminent offshore races.

Bravo Mark, Bravo.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, hoppy said:

2sn08z.jpg

It’s going to get crowded in LBs cellar with Random, Frant and Frants new girlfriend all in there. 

Exercise time is going look really strange. 

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Very stunning. Young, but not anything that will get you in to legal trouble, if you get her consent in this metoo world...

So before MeeToo you wouldn't have bothered?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

And I hear Mark Richards is being nominated for a Order of Australia award for his contribution to the sport of offshore racing. And rightly so in my opinion, he is the most successful skipper in one of the worlds preeminent offshore races.

Bravo Mark, Bravo.

Mate I think that Brexit cartoon upthread fried your brain. He is not nominated for a Order of Australia. He is getting an OBE, but not the Order of the British Empire.

His OBE is a  Certificate from NSW Technical & Further Education called "On Board Electronics".

Maybe he is struggling with that "fried splitter" essay he promised to write and is upskilling? Who knows.

• Like 5

Someone or someones have deleted around 35 posts to wind back the page/post count over and above Frants posts being flicked. Interestingly it has caused thread Views to spike by around 50% to over 750 in the last 12 hours alone and one of the quietest days in SA week. 

Again well done to those cleaning up and bringing clarity to this place.

images (39).jpeg

10 hours ago, hoppy said:

This thread had run out of steam with even the MR witch hunters losing the plot.

The stats suggest otherwise and that you are wrong. With 1,000 views per day in last week still half its overall average since the start 5 weeks ago. That view rate has spiked 50% in last 12 hours.

Comparitive thread view rates are over 4:1 compared to the main race thread where stats count stopped a week ago. When that ratio reaches 1:1, you can then confidently declare this thread has "run out of steam".

32 minutes ago, DtM said:

over the loss of Frant and whoever else got punted to ruin our run at the other thread.

Ready to have a new charge.

Frant the only punt plus with a cleaner(s) of around 35 posts, who with a look, easy to find where already quoted if looking for a new charge. As the post to page count reduction disproportionate, start with those suspects having a predeliction for large or inflated memes, not words as they have difficulties in that department and disdain for the topic.

We could have a witch hunt, a trial and burning at the SA stake for such thread treason.

15666164_images(5).jpeg.cd84e0220dde55330eadb8e7bd4b9b09.jpeg

I am sure there was a common theme to all the posts that got deleted. They contained allegations that some of the most storied yachtsmen in the country are ‘cheats’. 

4 hours ago, paps49 said:

He must be a disappointment to you LB, did he show promise early on?

So Pap smear is this another of your childish attempts to claim that I indulge in ‘sex without seduction’? You really should grow a pair cupcake. At least you could try to be slightly clever. Come on buddy- give it a go.

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I am sure there was a common theme to all the posts that got deleted. They contained allegations that some of the most storied yachtsmen in the country are ‘cheats’. 

Seems not. LB go search "cheat" "cheater" etc you will find them all still there on this thread.

Interesting article about Trolls.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-02/internet-trolls-arent-who-i-thought-ginger-gorman-troll-hunting/10767690

11 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Sorry LB, mine are all still there.