Grain Surfboard Project

I started building a CLC stripper kayak kit about 4 years ago and found it extremely tedious. Between worrying that the frame jig was warping and my failing eyesight I would glue up 3 or 4 strips, stop for a while, come back and tear them off and start again.

00-s1RU9z0YAKuOn_Dn1CghLIVEgD7x87jwL56ub

I don't think I'll ever finish it.

I did pay a visit to the Grain shop a few years back and found their enthusiasm infectious and the scale of the projects a bit less daunting, but I don't want to start another project while I still have one taunting me every time I go down to the shop.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Elegua said:

That's a really pretty longboard. Some time ago RRD made some wood veneer tanker. Not being talented, I got one to fool with the kids when there wasn't any wind. My son still has it on his wall. 

Some help waxing...

Fantastic photo and looks like a beautiful board

1 hour ago, Bull City said:

I have a 14' Mike Eaton prone paddle board. I got it around 2004. I spoke with him by phone. He was a very nice fellow.

Cool!  Not many of those around here.  I'm on a 17'6" Bark that i picked up used in ~12 years ago.  I'm ready for a new one.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:48 PM, ColdBlueSteel said:

Fantastic photo and looks like a beautiful board

Thanks! It's one I treasure.