• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give these guys a break.... Why is everyone so quick to hate? If you put your money down it is YOUR decision, believe in it, or don't.. Yes it can go either way, but everyone putting down the cas

OK, time to put some words into action. A drop of both Atlas FW and the two Connect apps is up and live for all users. Update your app from your store, and then download the 5.1 beta to your device an

I found a photo of you waiting for those updates:

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tt1963 said:

Anyone get the update yet?

There are several beta testers that are using it right now that might chime in. The official non-beta version of the  app is going through the Apple approval process for the play store, which is  under their time schedule

• Like 1

Well the update is live on Android, and we expect the Apple App Store to finish the approval today. So here we go, Telemetry logging. You can read all about it and how it works at the link below, but here are some of the highlights:

1, 2, 5 or 10Hz sample rates

Logging SOG, COG, HDG (true), Roll (heel), Pitch (trim)

Totally automatic session management. If the device is on, its logging.

All sensor data + race details (start, marks) saved in the session logs

Wireless retrieval from the device, even while still logging. No USB cables. 'Cause that's so 2010

Graphical session viewer built into the app, showing track with speed/heading/trim/heel details

Direct export to 3rd party Analytics

https://www.vakaros.com/blog/2021/5/20/telemetry-logging-its-here

IMG_2970.PNG

1 hour ago, 2010USB said:

2010 called and they would like to  use the backlight function

Hey sock, Did I touch a nerve? If you really have a device issue, send me a PM. I’ll sort you out. 

Don't feel like reading through the whole thread, when can we expect to see sensors available and/or compatibility with NMEA wireless networks?

6 minutes ago, Just A Skosh said:

Don't feel like reading through the whole thread, when can we expect to see sensors available and/or compatibility with NMEA wireless networks?

Absolutely. We support Airmar BT (810 and 900) speed transducers now. Without giving too much away, we didn't build that BT radio in the Atlas for just connecting to the app. We're on a bit of a roll software wise. This summer is going to be fun in Atlas-land.

45 minutes ago, Jackdaw said:

Absolutely. We support Airmar BT (810 and 900) speed transducers now. Without giving too much away, we didn't build that BT radio in the Atlas for just connecting to the app. We're on a bit of a roll software wise. This summer is going to be fun in Atlas-land.

Awesome. How does the 810/900 connect to the Atlas? Does it need to go through a network transmitter widget, or is it straight from the transducer to your instrument? 

19 minutes ago, Just A Skosh said:

Awesome. How does the 810/900 connect to the Atlas? Does it need to go through a network transmitter widget, or is it straight from the transducer to your instrument? 

Directly. Future versions will allow a lot more flexibility, including going through a BT gateway. But right now this is the simplest and most expedient, and makes the most sense on small boats anyway!

Our compact binary file format is now supported by both ChartedSails and SailNjord analytics. Both also offer support for the embedded start-line and start-time data we add into the datastream. No more scraping around to find the start and draw the line!

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 7.18.22 AM.png

On 5/28/2021 at 3:47 PM, Clockwork said:

Great update Jackdaw! (Welcome to Y2K;)) ... But I'm still not giving up on getting what was sold to me:

image.thumb.png.846dbca0f917eb86e75db3ab7c6afc31.png

Fair enough. We’ve still got work to do. But overall:

The current feature set is very very solid  

We have many many very happy owners, from newbies to world champions  

We’ve developed a track record of delivering on what we say  

The best is yet to come  

On 5/31/2021 at 6:52 AM, tt1963 said:

Great update!

Thx. We know we've got a lot to do, but that's what we signed up for. Can't say too much here, but we've got some amazing stuff coming. Hang on!  

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, tt1963 said:

Any updates coming in June?   

Last update with the ability to download tracks was much appreciated!

Thanks. We’ve been super busy working on the next rev. It’s going to be tight for a June release, but we’ll be close. We’re testing now.  Very cool. Stand by!

On 6/23/2021 at 6:48 AM, tt1963 said:

Last update with the ability to download tracks was much appreciated!

A bit more on this.... Atlas users worldwide have been sharing tracks and videos with us, like this sweet J/70 rip...

https://youtu.be/8gf82RHoklI

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 4:33 AM, tt1963 said:

What's in the pipeline for July?

Good question.  Got a good flurry of catch up updates.  Still waiting for a few more 'As Advertised' updates.  Then maybe some true stand out from the crowd updates.  Also a compatible through the water speedo and or wind instrument.  Add that to the equation and we're up to the Sailmon Max capabilities.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:33 AM, tt1963 said:

What's in the pipeline for July?

More than you can imagine! To start, easily our most UI intensive release to date. The first phase of our totally custom UI masterplan. Set it up in the app, it manifests in the device.  I'm testing the RC now, GA just days away.

IMG_3474.PNG

• Like 2

Just got mine and am very impressed with the unit and initial functions like updates, charging, and battery life. Soon will get it on the boat and will feed back what I learn. 

Looks like something from Apple rather than a small manufacturer. 

• Like 1
On 7/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, danstanford said:

Just got mine and am very impressed with the unit and initial functions like updates, charging, and battery life. Soon will get it on the boat and will feed back what I learn. 

Hey Dan,

Happy you're lovin' your Atlas! It's no secret we like the way Apple works. So to the best we can, we emulate. Right now we're working as always on the next great thing(s), and also fixing a not-so-great bug we found in the Apple iOS version of the upcoming FW release. Good times!

On 7/26/2021 at 4:10 PM, danstanford said:

Had the opportunity to sail with my Atlas on Saturday and a Sailmon Max on Sunday,  I'll echo comments on the Atlas being very "Apple" like.   Looks much more substantial then the plastic of the Sailmon.   

Ease of operation would go to Atlas...seems very intuitive.   

Visibility is about the same.  

Let's hope the software side of Vakaros catches up to Sailmon