Jump to content

Looking for DIAM-24s in NA


Recommended Posts

On 6/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, Trevor B said:

All said and done, it was about $6,500 from the boat yard in England to driving it away from the Port in California. That includes everything except for sales tax in California.

I just contacted the French connection about shipping; no answer back yet.  How did you arrange that, did you do it from the US?  I would be shipping the boat to Florida, probably Miami or Tampa.  Did you get a trailer?  The French site says you can put it together in an hour with a couple of guys, but I am not sure if that is the case.  Would love to find one in the US for sale, or even to see in person.  Seems like an idea day sailor me.  Another question is about what I will call light air sailing, under 8-10 knots which is what I experience a lot in Florida; how does it do in those conditions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomfl said:

Seems like an idea day sailor me.  Another question is about what I will call light air sailing, under 8-10 knots which is what I experience a lot in Florida; how does it do in those conditions.

A racing group of 3-5 would be perfect for Biscayne Bay. I’d be in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailed one up in Comox with the guys at Compass Adventures. They say the sweet spot is around 12 knots of wind, and I'd agree because that's when the boat really took off. And you can put them together in a couple of hours - I've seen them do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, Trevor B said:

We seem to be settling in at about 11.5 knots in 15 knots of wind, tacking through 85-88 degrees. It’s starting to feel pretty good.

I bet it does feel good.  How does it handle the swell? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Trevor B said:

A friend/teammate from NorCal who now lives in Miami. 
Hopefully it’ll be in the Bay Area eventually.

Extra nice multi 23, loaded with near new racing sails, 4 stroke, trailer, fresh water tri, $18,800, using the money for a youth program/r2ak

 

88011918_3588636374511709_8221687184122445824_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Trevor B, thank you for all the great info you posted.

I'm curious about logistics for the boat. Could you provide your lights?

- how easy it is to get the boat on/off the water ? Do you store it on the beach or on the dry? Do you have the soft or hard wheels ?

- Since you are in CA with lots of sun, is there a cover that you put on ? I don't think the builder has any cover design for sale.

- can you elaborate on rigging/derigging the boat if you have done so?

Oh and finally, do you know of any owner in TX?

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

@Breizo 

On 10/24/2020 at 12:03 AM, Breizo said:

@Trevor B, thank you for all the great info you posted.

I'm curious about logistics for the boat. Could you provide your lights?

- how easy it is to get the boat on/off the water ? Do you store it on the beach or on the dry? Do you have the soft or hard wheels ?

- Since you are in CA with lots of sun, is there a cover that you put on ? I don't think the builder has any cover design for sale.

- can you elaborate on rigging/derigging the boat if you have done so?

Oh and finally, do you know of any owner in TX?

Thanks.

Hello @Breizo, 

To answer your questions

The Diam has different option to get boat out of the watter, there is a ramp trolley (to laucn the boat on ramp) easily towed by a car. 

Ther is also a a beach trolley, for more complicated ground, for exemple the beach or grass, it can also be towed by a car. 

So both type of wheel, can be stored anywhere, are easy to get the boat in/off the water. The trickky thing is to find a good spot to keave the boat. 

There is a cover to put on the boat, it covers the entire boat and is perfect to protect against the UV. This cover exist for the boat assemble and the boat dissamble.

The rigging of the boat mast already up : it is very easy and can be done alone, even if it is much easier with two pair of hands, you have two diffrent set of sail : The sea rig (1 mainsail, 1 self tacking Jib, 1 Genkaker) The lake rig for light wind condition (1 mainsail, 1 self tacking jib, 1 bigger Genaker, 1 code Zero). 

 

If you speak about dissambling the boat, you 2 pair of hands to be effcient, and the quickest I have heard about is 1h00, but if you do not do it often you should count 2 hours. 

There is no current diam owners in TX to my knowledge. 

Hope that answers your question. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Hi  I see that you are looking for a Diam 24 OD. i have two for sale. They come complete with a tandem trailer and 3 sets of sails for each. The boats are listed on Yacht World. i am the owner so you can contact me at any time.Both have torque motors and there are numerous new and used spares.

My contact phone is cell 1 250 897 2596  land line is 1 250 947 8955.

You can also see the boats in action through video links on the yacht world listing. It shows the boats listed with Yachts West Sidney BC.

Hope this is helpful

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, James Robinson said:

Hi  I see that you are looking for a Diam 24 OD. i have two for sale. They come complete with a tandem trailer and 3 sets of sails for each. The boats are listed on Yacht World. i am the owner so you can contact me at any time.Both have torque motors and there are numerous new and used spares.

My contact phone is cell 1 250 897 2596  land line is 1 250 947 8955.

You can also see the boats in action through video links on the yacht world listing. It shows the boats listed with Yachts West Sidney BC.

Hope this is helpful

Anyone in So Cal wants to team up on this? Get a mini competitive circuit going?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

My boat partner moved away and I’m getting really busy with work (sailing,) so I’m thinking of selling my turbocharged and tricked out Diam-24.

if you’re interested send me a message. 
 

Ed, I’ll get an ad up this next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...