Rapido Trimarans - 2 x New Folding Models Coming !

2 hours ago, eastern motors said:

Did the owner/manager come up with the idea to have the boat meet the mast 10,000 miles from the factory?  That seems to be the real root of the problem here.  Not a lot of good options with global supply chain as it is and Vietnam being shut down.

No, I was told this was decided purely by Rapido. And the owner warned Rapido about the VAT consequences, but Rapido decided to ignore that, which caused another 2 months delay with the boat just lying there in it´s slip (that is when I viewed the boat). Remember some pages back Koch blamed Covid for the delay in the mast delivery? 

But please ProaSailor, don´t believe me. I hope you buy a Rapido. You deserve one.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will jump in here .  The Rapido 60 was built with beams that plugged in to sockets mainly to save money for shipping . However we sailed the first one for 18 months with the boat held together by th

We expect Bob's boat , ie: hull number 3 to be sailing in the US in about 4 months depending on covid and the freight companies delivering on their promises . It is coming along nicely in the factory

Honestly I don't know why I bother even responding on here sometimes . Yes I started this thread because I thought some people  might be interested in our approach to build relatively light weight hig

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ProaSailor said:

Don't let a self-proclaimed pig affect the course of your life.

I suppose it was inevitable in a place called sailinganarchy. 

Maybe we need a new, kinder, gentler forum - I see sailingcuddles is already taken, but sailinggrouphugs is still available!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Pepa Pig said:

No, I was told this was decided purely by Rapido. And the owner warned Rapido about the VAT consequences, but Rapido decided to ignore that, which caused another 2 months delay with the boat just lying there in it´s slip (that is when I viewed the boat). Remember some pages back Koch blamed Covid for the delay in the mast delivery? 

But please ProaSailor, don´t believe me. I hope you buy a Rapido. You deserve one.

Pepa, I have no way to check if that's the case, but you surely come up as someone with an agenda. 

• Like 2

Paul,

While I don't think much of tris, I appreciate your dedication to building them.   

A few years ago I was involved in some high level research into anti social internet behaviour as I had been hounded on the forums while "introducing new designs, innovating and re-designing".  The advice I got:

Don't use sarcasm or humour, particularly of the Aussie type.  The trolls don't understand it. 

Don't get personal.  Trolls love the attention, makes them feel important for 10 seconds or so.

Don't  get pissed off.  They think your frustration with their ignorance is because they made a valid point.  

Don't swear.  It indicates a lack of maturity, literacy and self control. 

Don't reply immediately. Time takes the heat out of the argument, and gives you time to consider your replies.  

Use their negatives as an opportunity to stress  your positives.   State your case and keep emotion out of it.  The trolls will ignore what you say, so keep stating it.  The people likely to buy your boats will appreciate your focus and good nature.  The trolls with smarts and/or normal size egos will realise they are helping you sell stuff and stop. The non smart/big ego trolls will keep fuelling your sales pitch while diminishing their credibility.

If you leave, they think they have won.    

I changed my approach, with the result that the last time I was trolled, the troll got no support and was told to grow up by other forum members.  A few years ago it would have been an excuse for all his acolytes to pile in.  This time, nada.     

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Pepa Pig said:

is that the same owner that was desperate to get a boat to put into a berth that clearly left the factory before the factory would have normally let it be shipped?
Asking for a friend

• Like 3
12 hours ago, sail(plane) said:

Pepa, I have no way to check if that's the case, but you surely come up as someone with an agenda. 

Sail(plane), I have no agenda except making people aware of the actual truth and not what Mr Koch wants us to believe as it suits him a lot better. I find that deplorable. He is just reguarly lying and blaming other people, so he looks good and you nearly want to hug him. And I did advise you: get informed and go speak to the people in Palma who deal with the R50. They will tell you, good and bad, of how things are. It is not all bad, of course not, but a lot is. But that is not the point I am trying to get across here.

I was very keen on this boat, when I first learned about it. It is a very cool design and the fact it folds and cants is great for sailing in multihull unfriendly Europe. Ok, it looks very ugly when folded, but I have seen it unfolded and then it looks very good. I also like the layout and living space. But, that is the design. Seeing the real thing, gave me a rather different feeling and in all honesty, made me really angry that a boat can be delivered in such a state. I am a nautical professional myself, so I was just gobsmacked. Imagine the owner and project/boat manager when they first stepped on board.

Out of all of you fuckers here, I am the only one who has actually seen the boat, been on it, looked at it in detail, spoke extensively to the guy who is running this project and kept in touch with him whenever I was in Palma. Who else of you here did this? I at least have been able to form a real opinion and verdict and that is: I will never ever buy a product built by Rapido. If others want to, I really couldn´t care less. How many of you here look at Google reviews about a company or restaurant before you go eat there? See this as a Google review, which I am sure a lot of you have posted, because your steak was burnt or you got treated like shit in a shop. But that is all cool I suppose.

Where I get angry though and turned from pro to con, is when Koch is starting to talk lies and passing blame to just about everyone except himself, which a lot of you idiots here take like hot baked buns, as the guru has spoken. I give you one last example: Mr Koch incredibly blames the owner for pushing him into sending the boat, as not to lose his slot in the marina. I know Palma very well and it is indeed very difficult to find a slot, let alone a long term one for a weird contraption like a 50ft folding trimaran, which can only fit in a 20m berth, as it is 6m wide. The reality is, that the agreed and contractual delivery date was April 2020. The marina was reserved per 1st June 2020. The boat however, shipped 8 month late and arrived 11 months late in March 2021. Looking at it from that perspective, the owner had every right to be pissed off and pushing Koch, who kept postponing and postponing and breaking delivery promise after delivery promise. And of course Koch blames Covid and everything else in this world, but again, the boat should have been near enough built before we even knew the word Covid-19.

And there are many other examples where Koch posts something here that is just not true. I have highlighted a few, but then immediately get attacked by the Koch butt kissing mob.  I.e. what I said about the hull nr. 1 or 2. I have seen the contract. I clearly states hull nr 2. So yes, this owner did get butt fucked into hull nr 1, which he specifically did not want. And whether or not Koch sold 19 Rapidos, so far only 4 are floating, the rest we will have to see and we will no doubt hear about. 

I have introduced a new saying: I wish you a Rapido, meaning go fuck yourself. So by all means, buy a Rapido.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

Paul,

I really appreciate the time you spend here. I think open discussion about the issues the boat is having are really interesting, and only help Rapido’s reputation.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, harryproa said:

Paul,

While I don't think much of tris, I appreciate your dedication to building them.   

A few years ago I was involved in some high level research into anti social internet behaviour as I had been hounded on the forums while "introducing new designs, innovating and re-designing".  The advice I got:

Don't use sarcasm or humour, particularly of the Aussie type.  The trolls don't understand it. 

Don't get personal.  Trolls love the attention, makes them feel important for 10 seconds or so.

Don't  get pissed off.  They think your frustration with their ignorance is because they made a valid point.  

Don't swear.  It indicates a lack of maturity, literacy and self control. 

Don't reply immediately. Time takes the heat out of the argument, and gives you time to consider your replies.  

Use their negatives as an opportunity to stress  your positives.   State your case and keep emotion out of it.  The trolls will ignore what you say, so keep stating it.  The people likely to buy your boats will appreciate your focus and good nature.  The trolls with smarts and/or normal size egos will realise they are helping you sell stuff and stop. The non smart/big ego trolls will keep fuelling your sales pitch while diminishing their credibility.

If you leave, they think they have won.    

I changed my approach, with the result that the last time I was trolled, the troll got no support and was told to grow up by other forum members.  A few years ago it would have been an excuse for all his acolytes to pile in.  This time, nada.     

This is probably the best post I have seen from you.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Pepa Pig said:

Sail(plane), I have no agenda except making people aware of the actual truth and not what Mr Koch wants us to believe as it suits him a lot better. I find that deplorable. He is just reguarly lying and blaming other people, so he looks good and you nearly want to hug him. And I did advise you: get informed and go speak to the people in Palma who deal with the R50. They will tell you, good and bad, of how things are. It is not all bad, of course not, but a lot is. But that is not the point I am trying to get across here.

I was very keen on this boat, when I first learned about it. It is a very cool design and the fact it folds and cants is great for sailing in multihull unfriendly Europe. Ok, it looks very ugly when folded, but I have seen it unfolded and then it looks very good. I also like the layout and living space. But, that is the design. Seeing the real thing, gave me a rather different feeling and in all honesty, made me really angry that a boat can be delivered in such a state. I am a nautical professional myself, so I was just gobsmacked. Imagine the owner and project/boat manager when they first stepped on board.

Out of all of you fuckers here, I am the only one who has actually seen the boat, been on it, looked at it in detail, spoke extensively to the guy who is running this project and kept in touch with him whenever I was in Palma. Who else of you here did this? I at least have been able to form a real opinion and verdict and that is: I will never ever buy a product built by Rapido. If others want to, I really couldn´t care less. How many of you here look at Google reviews about a company or restaurant before you go eat there? See this as a Google review, which I am sure a lot of you have posted, because your steak was burnt or you got treated like shit in a shop. But that is all cool I suppose.

Where I get angry though and turned from pro to con, is when Koch is starting to talk lies and passing blame to just about everyone except himself, which a lot of you idiots here take like hot baked buns, as the guru has spoken. I give you one last example: Mr Koch incredibly blames the owner for pushing him into sending the boat, as not to lose his slot in the marina. I know Palma very well and it is indeed very difficult to find a slot, let alone a long term one for a weird contraption like a 50ft folding trimaran, which can only fit in a 20m berth, as it is 6m wide. The reality is, that the agreed and contractual delivery date was April 2020. The marina was reserved per 1st June 2020. The boat however, shipped 8 month late and arrived 11 months late in March 2021. Looking at it from that perspective, the owner had every right to be pissed off and pushing Koch, who kept postponing and postponing and breaking delivery promise after delivery promise. And of course Koch blames Covid and everything else in this world, but again, the boat should have been near enough built before we even knew the word Covid-19.

And there are many other examples where Koch posts something here that is just not true. I have highlighted a few, but then immediately get attacked by the Koch butt kissing mob.  I.e. what I said about the hull nr. 1 or 2. I have seen the contract. I clearly states hull nr 2. So yes, this owner did get butt fucked into hull nr 1, which he specifically did not want. And whether or not Koch sold 19 Rapidos, so far only 4 are floating, the rest we will have to see and we will no doubt hear about. 

I have introduced a new saying: I wish you a Rapido, meaning go fuck yourself. So by all means, buy a Rapido.

Pepa, I appreciate your first hand information. Thanks for the detaied posts. But in my experience very few business owners are so crooked as what you describe. Only full blown scammers and fraudsters. And Rapido is not that. So in my kids terms I find your version of the facts "kind of sus" :D

• Like 3
On 11/26/2021 at 9:04 PM, Russell Brown said:

Man, I'm never going to post about anything I'm doing on SA ever again. If I was Paul, I'd quit. All you fuckers just waiting to heckle and suggest lawsuits. Would you rather not see new designs and innovation? Well guess what, innovation takes failure and re-design and it's not easy. How about a vote. Who would rather see only boring fucking condo-cats and who would like to see some cool cruising trimarans? I don't know any of you, but if I ever meet Paul, I'm going to buy him a beer. The rest of you I'm not too sure about.

Paul - I agree with Russ. SA used to be  an occasionally useful place. Ain’t no more. Don’t bother with it. Hope to buy you a beer and maybe a boat. Hope to see Bob’s. His opinion matters.  Those here…. not so much LOL. 

Thanks Wess. I regret my language, but it seems like a witch hunt instead of support. The forums can really suck sometimes and they can be really positive sometimes. I'd like to see a Rapido pull into my anchorage sometime. Condo-cat's really mess with the landscape and sometimes I just have to move.

• Like 2

Love the Rapido development - and that Paul K is here talking about it. We have seen Vietnam totally shut down in a period - and can understand all the problems it made - Also the delivere of many supplies around the world has a lot of trouble, prices going up, take more time etc. So it must be very challenging to make those complex boats to a very good price as I see it.... When you see what kind of problem the biggest builder Lagoon has it isnt har to uderstand it takes a lot effort to develope the Rapidos. I can also remember the discussion of the Grainger tri Venom - to some here it was obvious it would break.... its doing well it seems.  Can add that its a good post from Harryproa here... he has some experience in the troll-topic.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, Mizzmo said:

Paul,

I really appreciate the time you spend here. I think open discussion about the issues the boat is having are really interesting, and only help Rapido’s reputation.

+1!

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  'Production' multihulls are really each 'one off' custom boats built to a common design.  The first 10 hulls (or 30 in a trimaran example) are continually evolving, changing, re-designing and improving.  Estimates for delivery dates and build costs always change (to the ever increasing side of the scale)  

New owners who are not prepared to deal with these and many other realities are really un-suited for the experience.  I've bought 3 new 'production' multihulls over the years.  The first, had the fewest issues and was a pretty simple purchase--but it was dozens of builds down the production line.  The others were a Hull #10 and a Hull #2.  The challenges were multiplied the closer to prototype one got.  But the builder, designer and build team have to gain experience with the process.  It does get better.  Good builders stand by their product and make things right.  It's expensive, it can be life threatening to the business endeavor.  It's a risk.  The reward, however, was worth it in each case for me.  

Ultimately, it does not really pay to be an A-hole who demands perfection or else.  But if you put the builder out of business, you'll have NO warrantee in the future.  There IS a difference between a shyster and someone passionate about their product.  I find it difficult to believe that someone building a whole line of 40-50-60 foot boats  would believe that they could deliver a piece of crap product and still expect to sell more.  Correction, I find it impossible to believe that.   I do not find it very hard at all to believe that some people have more money than sense and have no clue what they're getting into.  Most often, the resulting internet flame fests are pretty simple to see where the 'issue' lies. 

• Like 10
21 hours ago, Veeger said:

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  'Production' multihulls are really each 'one off' custom boats built to a common design.  The first 10 hulls (or 30 in a trimaran example) are continually evolving, changing, re-designing and improving.  Estimates for delivery dates and build costs always change (to the ever increasing side of the scale)  

New owners who are not prepared to deal with these and many other realities are really un-suited for the experience.  I've bought 3 new 'production' multihulls over the years.  The first, had the fewest issues and was a pretty simple purchase--but it was dozens of builds down the production line.  The others were a Hull #10 and a Hull #2.  The challenges were multiplied the closer to prototype one got.  But the builder, designer and build team have to gain experience with the process.  It does get better.  Good builders stand by their product and make things right.  It's expensive, it can be life threatening to the business endeavor.  It's a risk.  The reward, however, was worth it in each case for me.  

Ultimately, it does not really pay to be an A-hole who demands perfection or else.  But if you put the builder out of business, you'll have NO warrantee in the future.  There IS a difference between a shyster and someone passionate about their product.  I find it difficult to believe that someone building a whole line of 40-50-60 foot boats  would believe that they could deliver a piece of crap product and still expect to sell more.  Correction, I find it impossible to believe that.   I do not find it very hard at all to believe that some people have more money than sense and have no clue what they're getting into.  Most often, the resulting internet flame fests are pretty simple to see where the 'issue' lies. 

Veeger, I appreciate your post, but you really write a load of shite. Most people with a lot have money, tend to have a lot more sense than you and me and all of you here together. Probably why they are very rich and we are not (ok, there are exeptions, i.e. lottery winners, drug trafficers and Youtube celebs). I work for a small group of very wealthy individuals and my task is to get their yachts delivered and ready to whatever part of the world they want it to be. A super job, if I may say so, as I get to sail the most awesome yachts you can imagine. And of course, these people buy only the best, drink ridicilously expensive wines, have several houses dotted across the globe and a 1.000 USD for a lunch seemed actually quite cheap. And they get upset when the pilot of their private jet is ill and cannot fly, or when their yacht arrives 2 days late because of a hurricane. But it is because they can! Koch is just trying to nibble on the bottom end of that market, yet happily sells boats at well over a million dollars, but tries to do so at a 100k build level. That ain´t going to last long. And of course, he will tell us he is only trying to inform us about new designs: yeah right. Ok, Wess pretends to be a potential client, but all he does is try to act cool and buddy like in the hope to score some discount: that is pretty obvious by now. And that is, if he ever buys a Rapido (I really wish him one). So if Koch wants to walk across the glowing ambers, be prepared to burn your feet. As if you go on a public forum and start blaming your client for being "pushy" about a delivery date you exceeded by nearly a year, I think you don´t really understand how the world turns. 

So, last Wednesday I phoned Marco from Palma Maritime, who is in charge of the Rapido 50 and all the repairs, changes etc. He is an awesome and friendly guy and has no hidden agenda and is totally open and professional about the whole thing. Very Dutch too: no bullshit and direct. I called him, just to see where they are at with the boat (it is in a boat yard again) and to get the statements Koch put on this forum verified. To say Marco was surprised by several of these, would be an understatement.

After the phone call he sent me a brief email, where he kindly offered the following to any person genuinely interested in a Rapido 50:

"If any these forum guys are seriously considering buying a Rapido 50 and before splashing out 1.6+ million US dollars, by all means buy a ticket to Palma de Mallorca and come and see our boat and spend some time on it. You are very welcome and we will show you everything in detail, explain all the repairs, changes and upgrades we made and are still planning to make, as it may benefit you for your future Rapido 50. If schedules and weather allow it, we will  gladly take you out sailing. The owner is in Palma regularly too and I am sure he would also be very happy to show you the boat and talk to you. In the meantime you can follow a lot of what we are doing on the Facebook page of Palma Maritime. And I hope to see yourself back in Palma soon mate - let me know and I’ll buy you a pint!”

Enough of the cuntfuckery (best word ever!) in this thread. Happy sailing!

• Like 3

Delivery skippers............................................ you have to wonder.

Yep,

I am sure any potential buyer would be chatting to Marco who seems reasonable.

No doubt Rapido made a big mistake sending a new production boat to a owner before extensive sea trials. No new design ever launches without some problems.

• Like 1
On 11/28/2021 at 5:39 AM, Pepa Pig said:

Out of all of you fuckers here, I am the only one who has actually seen the boat, been on it, looked at it in detail, spoke extensively to the guy who is running this project and kept in touch with him whenever I was in Palma.

Many of us appreciate any information. Words are good, pictures are better. 

This is the internet, so we all get to assess credibility. Civility helps; anonymity hinders. Posting history/consistency matters, too.

Rapido has some nice looking boats. I hope they continue to work through their startup woes and keep the enthusiast public here in the loop. 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Doesn´t anyone strike it as odd, that after all this time and announcements from Koch about upcoming launches and multiple sales of trimarans, there is NO news about any launching of any Rapido since the disaster Rapido 50 no 1? Ok, maybe Koch doesn´t want to react here anymore as his BS gets exposed, but you would think that by now Rapido had proudly announced the launch of the next R50 and the first R40 and this Aussie couple starting the build of their Rapido 60. Either on their website, Facebook page or in sailing mags. But, nothing at all. 

The Rapido 50 no 1 spent 3 months in a boat yard again. Last week, I noticed the launch photos on Facebook. Holy smokes what a project that is if you follow it all on Facebook. The boat has spent like 5 months in boat yards since it arrived in Palma. I feel sorry for the owner.

• Downvote 1

Today's Covid report for Vietnam

Not to put too fine a point on it, but failures of production are not totally Triac's fault (Triac builds Rapidos).  Today (Valentine's Day) they set a new record for cases.

That being said, you'd have to be an idiot to buy a new boat built in vietnam at least for the next couple years (Corsair, Seawind and Rapido) given you have zero idea of what (if any) experience is left at the factory.   If you think unskilled labor is enough, then you better hope the company has a really good QC cadre that are healthy (just who is deciding when that resin really expires?).  Veeger has a point that "production" multihulls are really one-offs that share some common features.

• Like 1

@MultiThom I suppose you are right. For some reason the people moving there to build boats think, that if you pay 3 dollars a day plus a bowl of rice (as the boat manager of the R50 described it) you get the same quality as say a boat builder in say the UK, France or Holland.

After what I have seen: I would never EVER buy anything that floats from that part of the world. And as QC is concerned: at Rapido they have none. I have seen the result floating in Palma. All the money you think you have saved buying the boat cheap, you pay afterwards in repairs and upgrades and unfucking it.

I do not agree with what you/Veeger say in the sense that multihulls, in the end, are just boats too. Unless he means, there are very few mentally impared people that actually buy a trimaran. Funny enough, I nearly was one of them. But then I saw the Rapido 50....... I was instantly cured of that idea. 

6 hours ago, Pepa Pig said:

The Rapido 50 no 1 spent 3 months in a boat yard again. Last week, I noticed the launch photos on Facebook. Holy smokes what a project that is if you follow it all on Facebook. The boat has spent like 5 months in boat yards since it arrived in Palma. I feel sorry for the owner.

It has been stated here that Rapido is paying for all that.  So shouldn't you be happy for the owner?  And happy for future owners?

I think Riley from La Vagabonde mentioned in a recent video that the amas are built for their Rapido 60. I don't remember about the status of the main hull.

But in any case, yes, Asia has been hammered by covid, causing all sorts of delays.

9 hours ago, jmh2002 said:

I think Riley from La Vagabonde mentioned in a recent video that the amas are built for their Rapido 60. I don't remember about the status of the main hull.

But in any case, yes, Asia has been hammered by covid, causing all sorts of delays.

I asked my local Tohatsu dealer for a particular engine, he said 10 months wait till they will put it in production, the Japs have been on 50% staff for 2 years

16 hours ago, eastern motors said:

It has been stated here that Rapido is paying for all that.  So shouldn't you be happy for the owner?  And happy for future owners?

This is exactly what I mean. "It has been stated here", like so many other things have been stated here by Koch. Doesn´t mean it is true. 

When I see extensive and costly "do-overs" such as what is happening with R50#1, I recall a couple favorite sayings from the QA/QC industry.   "Do It Right First Time" is usually less expensive than doing it over.  Davy Crockett; "Be Sure You're Right, Then go ahead" which is another way of saying Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.  And last, but not least, "You can Pay me Now, or you can Pay Me Later" which is what QA professionals say to justify their existence.  Anyone know if any boat manufacturer is ISO 9000 certified?  Have any applied for the Malcolm Baldridge Quality Awards?  Granted, I may be more sensitive to these things since I worked in QA in nuclear power industry, electronics (chip mfg) industry, Department of Energy and DOD, drug industry...you know, the industries that have to be pretty sure their products won't kill folks by accident.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, MultiThom said:

When I see extensive and costly "do-overs" such as what is happening with R50#1, I recall a couple favorite sayings from the QA/QC industry.   "Do It Right First Time" is usually less expensive than doing it over.  Davy Crockett; "Be Sure You're Right, Then go ahead" which is another way of saying Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.  And last, but not least, "You can Pay me Now, or you can Pay Me Later" which is what QA professionals say to justify their existence.  Anyone know if any boat manufacturer is ISO 9000 certified?  Have any applied for the Malcolm Baldridge Quality Awards?  Granted, I may be more sensitive to these things since I worked in QA in nuclear power industry, electronics (chip mfg) industry, Department of Energy and DOD, drug industry...you know, the industries that have to be pretty sure their products won't kill folks by accident.  

..those industries have money poored into them - and they make tons on their products - never been like that in the boat industry - and developing av new "type" of boats on a limited budget with covid-problems - must be way harder....even in the car industry - where the level of pros are much bigger - they have issues with their first models...So Im not that worried about some issues on a brand new trimaran - only that the company go bankrupt - then of c - there will be problems for the owners. 

18 hours ago, Pepa Pig said:

This is exactly what I mean. "It has been stated here", like so many other things have been stated here by Koch. Doesn´t mean it is true. 

And you insinuating that it isn't true should be more believable?

4 hours ago, jmurph said:

And you insinuating that it isn't true should be more believable?

I KNOW it isn´t true. That´s the difference between me and you. you are just guessing and assuming, like most here.

@sail(plane): I said this before, I do not have a second agenda. I considered a Rapido 50, together with a buddy of mine. I would be using it in the (EU) summer and then sail is to the BVI´s where he would use it during EU winter, etc. But then I saw the boat. It was like a slap in my face. To date, I still cannot believe it all. And it actually made me mad/angry that this was even possible that a boat builder would send out something like this. So, my "agenda" is to warn people before splashing out their hard earned money and not just believe the smooth sales talk of Koch. No more, no less. 

@Three shall be the number : how do you know? Have you been on a R50 or R40? Or sailed one? Have you actually seen one? Have you had contact with the people in Palma? Yet you state they are great boats. You must be a visionary.

8 hours ago, SeaGul said:

..those industries have money poored into them - and they make tons on their products - never been like that in the boat industry - and developing av new "type" of boats on a limited budget with covid-problems - must be way harder....even in the car industry - where the level of pros are much bigger - they have issues with their first models...So Im not that worried about some issues on a brand new trimaran - only that the company go bankrupt - then of c - there will be problems for the owners. 

I was fortunate enough to purchase one of the first Farrier 24 MK 2 when Corsair was making them and Ian was supervising products.  Ian was a QC guy.  Was a great boat.  Ian departed Corsair when QC was being shorted (among other reasons, I'm sure).  In any event, Rapido is currently in the "pay me later" phase of poor quality management.  

5 hours ago, MultiThom said:

I was fortunate enough to purchase one of the first Farrier 24 MK 2 when Corsair was making them and Ian was supervising products.  Ian was a QC guy.  Was a great boat.  Ian departed Corsair when QC was being shorted (among other reasons, I'm sure).  In any event, Rapido is currently in the "pay me later" phase of poor quality management.  

They seem to have ZERO quality management at Rapido. The result is floating in Palma. It is beyond a joke. Just like the CE mark the boat has. Probably just paid for as when I visited the boat, it was blatently clear no inspection had been done by any serious CE inspector. 

21 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

Once you notice that cartoon character peppa's head is a cock and balls you can never unsee it.

You're welcome.

I thought it resembled Picasso style hairdryer...

• Like 1
On 11/27/2021 at 11:09 AM, Pepa Pig said:

I agree. As owner of ineffable, a rapido 60 i have a lot to say about these wonderful boats. And about the builders. Ineffable is the prototype 60. As such the builders made so sure every thing worked on the boat with an incredible effort before i took delivery. And a captain who trained us before we successfully crossed the atlantic in 13 days in light winds at 250 miles a day. We were 2 reefs at night to be safe. So maybe we could have done this in 8 days or so with more experience.... 

Ineffable means something so wonderful you cant describe it on words poetry or even music. And that is how the boat has been. It is pure delight to sail. We recently did the Grenada regatta just 2 up and had so much fun! Down wind we tore away from the fleet with no kite or schreecher! 

The boat is so safe and our only broach in 35 knots with a full rig up the boat heeled 17 degrees and neatly rounded up. 

The floats take away all the bulky stuff like fenders and sails and other necessary junk so the accommodation is left free and clear. You can sleep 10 people. 

It is SO easy to maintain. Everything is easily accessable with loads of space around it. A friend spent nearly a whole day in the engine room teaching his wife about maintenance. 

The boat is ideal for 2 couples and that is all you need. We race with max of 6 people. You dont need anymore but can have 20 on board. 

Finally when racing we typically exceed the polar charts by 10 %. The rapido 60 does do 1.4 x windspeed. Upwind we do up to 15 knots (planing at 12 knots) as the vmg goes down after that and at 17 degrees apparent. Downwind over 30 and controllable. We sit on one wave for a long time... 

I have been through many of the comments here and understand that many of the worst are from monohull sailors who hate to be overtaken by a cruising trimaran with no human ballast on the rail. 

So many comments are hateful and to those jealous ill informed people.... Just get with the program... Dont drag lead around the oceans slowly or sink! Enjoy speed when u need and much more safety always in a trimaran! 

• Like 6
On 2/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, Merlin said:

My rapido 60 ineffable is sadly for sale as i am doing a building project in Thailand. Its a great price for such a terrific boat. 

I'll trade you my free and clear home in Sonoma county wine country for Ineffable.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oldsurfer said:

I'll trade you my free and clear home in Sonoma county wine country for Ineffable.

I want a ride.  Probably a good deal since it is so easy to sell a house in Sonoma.

7 hours ago, SVNeko said:

I'm no Rapido basher, but I must say I was hoping the 40 would look a little more exciting.  Perhaps its the slapped on name.

Doesn’t it say that it’s a 50?

• Like 1
On 2/18/2022 at 9:08 AM, Merlin said:

Finally when racing we typically exceed the polar charts by 10 %.

Do you mind sharing those polars?

Trimarans are still out there in terms of people not understanding the trade offs between liveability, performance, dockability, safety, etc. more info helps. Why wouldn’t the Vagabondes take yours? What were the exact causes of dismasting before your time? 

R40 looks way better than I imagined it might

We expect Bob's boat , ie: hull number 3 to be sailing in the US in about 4 months depending on covid and the freight companies delivering on their promises . It is coming along nicely in the factory . Number 2 is in final assembly and number 4 is being laminated now . Tooling always takes a while but now it is done production can be ramped up . The second 50 is almost finished as well . Vietnam is hopefully opening up to all tourists on the 15th of March so if anyone is interested , jump on a plane and come and have a look . See video sailing in the river in about 10 knots of wind , 3 knots of current and loaded up with people and gear , not bad for a first sail though .

• Like 16
  • Downvote 1

Sweet - goose it up (production) on Bob's, need to get that boy set up for the NEMA season - you know he will sail and sell the hell out of it.

Too late for me to race my tri there for competition  and (sadly) there won't be a new Dragonfly 40 but we can bring what we got.

Huge amount of bad mouthing and fawning on this topic so I will be very interested to see your new 40 in person - as you say she looks to be moving well in that brown soup, get Billy Black and Bob on the job for some decent sailing shots!

On 2/19/2022 at 6:08 AM, Merlin said:

I agree. As owner of ineffable, a rapido 60 i have a lot to say about these wonderful boats. And about the builders. Ineffable is the prototype 60. As such the builders made so sure every thing worked on the boat with an incredible effort before i took delivery. And a captain who trained us before we successfully crossed the atlantic in 13 days in light winds at 250 miles a day. We were 2 reefs at night to be safe. So maybe we could have done this in 8 days or so with more experience.... 

Ineffable means something so wonderful you cant describe it on words poetry or even music. And that is how the boat has been. It is pure delight to sail. We recently did the Grenada regatta just 2 up and had so much fun! Down wind we tore away from the fleet with no kite or schreecher! 

The boat is so safe and our only broach in 35 knots with a full rig up the boat heeled 17 degrees and neatly rounded up. 

The floats take away all the bulky stuff like fenders and sails and other necessary junk so the accommodation is left free and clear. You can sleep 10 people. 

It is SO easy to maintain. Everything is easily accessable with loads of space around it. A friend spent nearly a whole day in the engine room teaching his wife about maintenance. 

The boat is ideal for 2 couples and that is all you need. We race with max of 6 people. You dont need anymore but can have 20 on board. 

Finally when racing we typically exceed the polar charts by 10 %. The rapido 60 does do 1.4 x windspeed. Upwind we do up to 15 knots (planing at 12 knots) as the vmg goes down after that and at 17 degrees apparent. Downwind over 30 and controllable. We sit on one wave for a long time... 

I have been through many of the comments here and understand that many of the worst are from monohull sailors who hate to be overtaken by a cruising trimaran with no human ballast on the rail. 

So many comments are hateful and to those jealous ill informed people.... Just get with the program... Dont drag lead around the oceans slowly or sink! Enjoy speed when u need and much more safety always in a trimaran! 

Price dropped again...  

https://www.facebook.com/AnasaziLtda/photos/a.215398225478867/1651510478534294

$780K Euros

• Like 1

Those are some big arse floats !

Do they have dihedral ?

1 hour ago, eastern motors said:

Is there something wrong with that 60?  

Why would you think that?  Asking lots of dollars, prototype so M&M likely was involved in the build (so slovenly QC not likely to be an issue), owner has doubtless fixed issues as they cropped up...

3 minutes ago, MultiThom said:

Why would you think that?  Asking lots of dollars, prototype so M&M likely was involved in the build (so slovenly QC not likely to be an issue), owner has doubtless fixed issues as they cropped up...

Just because of the price

4 minutes ago, eastern motors said:

Just because of the price

I think it is realistic.  Not many in the market for a 60 foot cruising trimaran that needs someplace to park 50 feet wide and costs close to a million.  OldSurfer made a decent offer with a swap for his property in Sonoma which is likely worth at least that (of course, there are some cheaper places in Sonoma, but not many).  

Rapido 40 made it onto the Front Page as a new design, 3 years after being introduced in this thread.  Hey Scotty (I think it is till his responsibility), try to keep up.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2022 at 12:53 PM, 2flit said:

,,, and now again at $755K....

• 1 month later...

So, do I take that to mean "NO" Paul?

I have been, optimistically,  telling a couple of my NEMA south, buddies that the Rapido will be at the BDD this July to entice them to sail to MV for the race.