Wess

ILCA gives LPE the boot... seeking new Laser builder

20 hours ago, IPLore said:

You cant blame the Brits for Brexit because they voted for it.

You cant blame Americans for Trump because they voted for him.

You cant blame ILCA for the MMOD because they voted for it.

Wait, what?  Why are you saying ILCA voters are like Trump and Brexit supporters!?  Because Canntt's head might explode if you continue down that path!

41 minutes ago, Wess said:

Wait, what?  Why are you saying ILCA voters are like Trump and Brexit supporters!?  Because Canntt's head might explode if you continue down that path!

I was pointing to the absurdity of your comment.

• Like 3

No what is absurd is a class like ILCA that seems to pick the pockets of non-members.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Wess said:

No what is absurd is a class like ILCA that picks the pockets of non-members.

• Like 1

Once upon a time yacht clubs managed the free rider problem in running races  of those non members/ non affiliated racers by denying them entry into their regattas.    If you were not a club member OR a member of one of the recognized yacht clubs.... sorry,   you are not extended the privilege of being invited to somebody else's club..  Your personal choice in the matter did not allow you to demand a privilege that other organizations create.    Now of course there are too many regattas and members suck it up and pay for the free riders who attend their events.   Club owners are resigned to paying for the free riders and hope that a few of these guys eventually join up and pay for privileges that they are using..

What is the difference between the ILCA applying a fee at the point of origin and Yacht clubs applying membership fees.  Other then ILCA is effectively managing the free rider problem (Unlike yacht clubs).  Moreover,  Wess is perfectly able to purchase non legal equipment and use it at the yacht club level BECAUSE the yacht club membership can't enforce class rules either.    Seems to me this is the optimum libertarian solution.  Everyone gets to choose what they value.  Individuals who don't give a fig about the larger national or international picture can opt out.   If you want the privileges offered by the class... you pay for them..(pay the dues and the user fees) ... they won't exclude you even tho you complain bitterly about all of their policy choices.    What is your objective in banging on about user fees ... Is there some underlying principle that you think we are missing?

Mambo described a class structure that is possible when the class OWNS the intellectual property...(that is the best imo).  Consider  that it could be worse... you could be in a strict SMOD class owned by the builder,  like the Hobie class members who once found itself forced to purchase substandard factory sails that you immediately sent off to the sailmaker for recutting to go racing.    You had no choice in that matter.  (eventually Hobie fixed the problem.... but)   In this example of SMOD... the builder determines what gets done and changes are made...  Sounds to me like the ILCA has a much better handle on managing competition (olympic level stuff ) and equipment when they don't own the intellectual property and call the shots.  (AND  ... THEY DON"T ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS about Club/grass roots sailing so you don't want to join up.... which is a fair choice... but the equip fees rant is just off)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tcatman said:

Once upon a time yacht clubs managed the free rider problem in running races  of those non members/ non affiliated racers by denying them entry into their regattas.    If you were not a club member OR a member of one of the recognized yacht clubs.... sorry,   you are not extended the privilege of being invited to somebody else's club..  Your personal choice in the matter did not allow you to demand a privilege that other organizations create.    Now of course there are too many regattas and members suck it up and pay for the free riders who attend their events.   Club owners are resigned to paying for the free riders and hope that a few of these guys eventually join up and pay for privileges that they are using..

What is the difference between the ILCA applying a fee at the point of origin and Yacht clubs applying membership fees.  Other then ILCA is effectively managing the free rider problem (Unlike yacht clubs).  Moreover,  Wess is perfectly able to purchase non legal equipment and use it at the yacht club level BECAUSE the yacht club membership can't enforce class rules either.    Seems to me this is the optimum libertarian solution.  Everyone gets to choose what they value.  Individuals who don't give a fig about the larger national or international picture can opt out.   If you want the privileges offered by the class... you pay for them..(pay the dues and the user fees) ... they won't exclude you even tho you complain bitterly about all of their policy choices.    What is your objective in banging on about user fees ... Is there some underlying principle that you think we are missing?

Mambo described a class structure that is possible when the class OWNS the intellectual property...(that is the best imo).  Consider  that it could be worse... you could be in a strict SMOD class owned by the builder,  like the Hobie class members who once found itself forced to purchase substandard factory sails that you immediately sent off to the sailmaker for recutting to go racing.    You had no choice in that matter.  (eventually Hobie fixed the problem.... but)   In this example of SMOD... the builder determines what gets done and changes are made...  Sounds to me like the ILCA has a much better handle on managing competition (olympic level stuff ) and equipment when they don't own the intellectual property and call the shots.  (AND  ... THEY DON"T ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS about Club/grass roots sailing so you don't want to join up.... which is a fair choice... but the equip fees rant is just off)

From my limited following of @Wess's views I think you have your analogy to free rider yacht club wrong.

I believe Wess objects to ILCA taxing (imposing fees, costs) on non ILCA members for ILCA’s benefit.

I don’t think Wess is proposing that non ILCA members be allowed to participate in ILCA events. Rather he is saying if you don’t participate in ILCA stuff you should not have to pay into ILCA.

So in the case of the yacht club / racing analogy – from Wess’s view what ILCA is doing is like the yacht club forcing non-members, who are not participating in any yacht club event to pay the yacht club for the privilege of having a sailboat...I can see why that might be bothersome to non yacht club members.

9 minutes ago, KC375 said:

From my limited following of @Wess's views I think you have your analogy to free rider yacht club wrong.

I believe Wess objects to ILCA taxing (imposing fees, costs) on non ILCA members for ILCA’s benefit.

I don’t think Wess is proposing that non ILCA members be allowed to participate in ILCA events. Rather he is saying if you don’t participate in ILCA stuff you should not have to pay into ILCA.

So in the case of the yacht club / racing analogy – from Wess’s view what ILCA is doing is like the yacht club forcing non-members, who are not participating in any yacht club event to pay the yacht club for the privilege of having a sailboat...I can see why that might be bothersome to non yacht club members.

Free rum for you!

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

Wess, and others, have 100% control on deciding if they don’t want to pay anything to ILCA. One can buy a used boat, an LPE Club boat,  Intensity or other available sails, foils and other bits that aren’t ILCA approved and don’t join ILCA. I have suggested this on a number of occasions to which Wess has replied: “Don’t tell me what to buy.” 
And I have replied that I am only making suggestions, and he has (graciously) thanked me for that. But his boooorrrrrring claims about getting ripped off by a bunch of liars continues. That old “hey doctor, it hurts when I do this” gag seems somewhat appropriate. Wess - don’t buy new class legal equipment and don’t join the association. No pain. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

Wess, and others, have 100% control on deciding if they don’t want to pay anything to ILCA. One can buy a used boat, an LPE Club boat,  Intensity or other available sails, foils and other bits that aren’t ILCA approved and don’t join ILCA. I have suggested this on a number of occasions to which Wess has replied: “Don’t tell me what to buy.” 
And I have replied that I am only making suggestions, and he has (graciously) thanked me for that. But his boooorrrrrring claims about getting ripped off by a bunch of liars continues. That old “hey doctor, it hurts when I do this” gag seems somewhat appropriate. Wess - don’t buy new class legal equipment and don’t join the association. No pain. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bill4 said:

Those seem reasonable ways of not being taxed by ILCA.

• Like 2

No it’s not. Even if @bill4 said it twice. An approach I endorse BTW. Be careful in listening to these lemmings. They are easily swayed by their lying leaders. They would jump off a cliff I tell you. Collecting hidden fees all the way to their death!

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, KC375 said:

So in the case of the yacht club / racing analogy – from Wess’s view what ILCA is doing is like the yacht club forcing non-members, who are not participating in any yacht club event to pay the yacht club for the privilege of having a sailboat...

Well OK then..  It is hard to argue with this logic. .....   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wess said:

No it’s not. Even if @bill4 said it twice. An approach I endorse BTW. Be careful in listening to these lemmings. They are easily swayed by their lying leaders. They would jump off a cliff I tell you. Collecting hidden fees all the way to their death!

I sure it's lemmings rather than dodos

Wess has referred to hidden fees which he doesnt want to pay because he doesn't receive a service but has never substantiated it by providing an example.

If Wess goes to the store and buys an Aero and goes sailing and has a good time, how is he paying ILCA a hidden fee? If he doesnt belong to a YC or an MNA, he is getting a bit of a free ride using the rules they provide but we will give him a pass on that because he needs the money for the rum fund. If he is sailing a used Laser instead of an Aero and getting a one design boat built according to the construction manual supervised by the ILCA and then finds it easy to sell the boat because a class association provides racing and a ready market for used boats, the free ride increases . If he really wants to avoid paying anyone anything, then he could always buy a boat with a dead class association and see how much fun that is trying to persuade other people to buy the same boat as he has got.

• Like 7

That was very well said, IPLOre.   My sentiments exactly.

With the 9er's the membership fee is trivial, $5 maybe, yet you still get countries on block not wanting to play with the NCA or the ICA becuase of $5 or something equally petty~!.

Yet they want to buy a ligitimate say 29er mainsail, because it will have some re-sale value.      And to be honest, it's the builders that ensure the build quality, not the NCA/ICA, but for the Builders to let the class take the sail fee, is a very effective form of marketing and you have to have it or you have nothing.   (the administration of the class)     Plus WS, as in all the MNA's, require the class to be independant of the builders.  

I again must add that for WS to take a 1% admin fee from the Olympic classes again is pretty trivial, and it only gets spent when the ICA is "wanting" in managing the spec of the boat.  We (49er/FX) most likely will end up with a "full time" Tech officer, Laser already have one as do the Optimists (they a retire and do the job part time) and for the sailors they get someone independant, to bitch to, for me, personally, I get to spend more time with my wife and less time travelling and getting abused.     What's left over goes back to the ICA (which is not really that fair, but so be it!)

Paying the ILCA say $20 extra to certify a topmast, or to bring on-line the carbon topmast section, is so inexpensive in the scheme of things, to use a Ian Bruce line, it's a burp at a oyster party!      If you really want to get the whole sport less expensive, then go on-line, but, that will result in a entire shift in the game, as it's the end retailer that makes it happen, that's there when you break your wiget and that messes your whole day.

Time to get a life, and get out sailing rather than bitch about it.

If you really want to bitch about it, get elected!

jB

• Like 6

Not all of us have the time, money and skills to compete in completely unrestricted development boats. Nor can we all afford to spend $50k on a boat only for it to be obsolete the next year. 

So to see the benefit of less time and money developing boats, plus preserving the value of our existing equipment we invest time writing rules and measuring each others boats. 

But not all of us have time to invest in writing rules and measuring boas. Plus the boat builders and designers are well placed to write the rules and measure the boats. So, we pay them for that benefit service. 

There's a whole spectrum of how the above can work, between class officials, rights holder and supplier. 

But, no matter where you are on the spectrum, someone has to put the effort in to make sure the above happens. Even handicap racing relies upon all the boats being of a designated class. We're all benefiting from that no matter what level of racing your pursue. Even if you're not racing, but have bought a 'class' dinghy, then the resale value is linked to preservation of the competitiveness of your boat. 

So unless you're sailing around in a one off design and not racing, then you receive a benefit and should be prepared to pay for that. 

• Like 2

Three friends stroll down to the dinghy park on a brisk April Saturday morning to go sail around the cans for some pre-season practice before doing the shopping that they promised to their spouses in exchange for a hall pass. Its a gorgeous morning, chilly but Spring is on the way and there is a crisp Easterly of 12 knots sending dark ripples down the estuary. It only takes 15 minutes to rig and roll the trailers down the ramp. They pick Can #4 as a starting pin and do a rabbit start with the red nun off the point as a windward mark. There is much merriment as Joe's first roll tack of the year turns into a mistimed scramble onto the centerboard. Three long standing friends doing something they love and brushing the rust off. 

In the background a lot of work went into creating that experience where three friends can enjoy close racing in evenly matched boats that did not break the family budget.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mambo Kings said:

Three friends stroll down to the dinghy park on a brisk April Saturday morning to go sail around the cans for some pre-season practice before doing the shopping that they promised to their spouses in exchange for a hall pass. Its a gorgeous morning, chilly but Spring is on the way and there is a crisp Easterly of 12 knots sending dark ripples down the estuary. It only takes 15 minutes to rig and roll the trailers down the ramp. They pick Can #4 as a starting pin and do a rabbit start with the red nun off the point as a windward mark. There is much merriment as Joe's first roll tack of the year turns into a mistimed scramble onto the centerboard. Three long standing friends doing something they love and brushing the rust off. 

In the background a lot of work went into creating that experience where three friends can enjoy close racing in evenly matched boats that did not break the family budget.

I got too many meetings to reply to all the various comments right now but this post above sort of hits all of it and is fair and balanced.  That is my life except you don't even need the club for it and could be off a community or public beach.  Agree on the background work.  Lets talk past and present.  Past I would rank order that work as 1.) local club and community, 2.) Ian Bruce and Bruce Kirby, 3.) ILCA and 4.) WS and USSailing with all having contributed something that I would guessestimate at 50:30:15:5.  Presently its all the club. My POV is that ILCA and WS as they currently operate and focus are actually an impediment to this scenario. I am happy to give money to local causes. I do and very much enjoy it.

I get others (are badly misinformed LOL) and disagree. They see ILCA as the white knight where I currently see an evil empire that has zero concern for grass roots and community.  Fine to disagree.  But why don't the ILCA lemmings simply self fund their white knight.  What is so hard about not picking the pockets of folks who don't join and don't attend ILCA events. 

• Downvote 1

I just want us all to reflect how empty our lives would have been if ILCA, WS, BKI and LP had sat down together 7 years ago and resolved all of this over a weekend.  We would not have had anything to talk about. Hell, we probably would not even have met each other.

Wess, surely that is worth the small royalty fees you paid for your Laser logo socks?

• Like 6

The 49er class welcomes world leading sail designers and manufacturers to bid on becoming our class sailmaker(s). The selected sailmaker(s) will have the opportunity to build sails for at least the four year period leading to the Paris Olympics, with the possibility to extend for further quadrennials.

Interesting the 49er claim they are looking fir new sailmaker(s). Bet it will be given to a single company. Does this follow the UBID IOC guidelines. 

The sails have always been a single supplier. But that single supplier has changed quite a few times over time.

It's probably the most common set up for a one design these days with manufacturer control. Especially in racing classes where tolerances are much tighter. The class and / or right holder select builders to produce their boat. The threat of changing supplier for the whole class is the ultimate driver for quality control and low costs. Changing suppliers periodically also ensures no one gets monopoly on your supply chain, this is especially true when you're a major buyer.  Sharing the work out over a few companies ensures there's always a few companies to bid and keep the prices down. It also means you have back up if anything goes pete tong at your first choice supplier. 

The other way is like RS, who are both rights holders and suppliers. This is good in one respect, in that there is never going to be another company who tries to build 'faster' RS's. But there also can never be any threat of going to another company if the standard of the product RS sell drops, unless people just up sticks and change class, but that isn't often an option if it's THE olmpic class.

However even at RS they have their suppliers (partners) for components including hulls, sails, masts, fixtures and fittings. But, as a sailor you're reliant on RS leveraging that buying power to ensure good quality and low prices (and passing the low prices on).

This is the whole reason why it needs co-ordination, and why if the supplier gets too much control then their market position becomes too comfortable and prices rise or quality drops. Unless you're prepared to spend a whole load of time measuring and certifying boats built by third parties, then someone has to oversee this balance to ensure boats are being provided to the specification at a good price.

20 hours ago, Mambo Kings said:

Three friends stroll down to the dinghy park on a brisk April Saturday morning...

Their affordable one-design boats cost relatively more on the second hand market than similar age and condition boats of unknown and/or development classes.

The previous owners also probably paid a little over the odds for the boats when they were near new and in regatta condition, considering how simple and technically unsophisticated they were. But they got good use out of them and knew they would have some residual value after a few years ownership.

The people who bought the boats new paid quite a lot for their simple one-design boats, including a modest levy to support the organisation that regulates their one-design construction and arranges the big well-attended international regattas they chose to play in. They accepted these price tags and levies because that's the price of entry to the game they have chosen to play, and they know that there's a thriving market for lightly used boats at a reasonable price, covering a significant percentage of the new boat cost when they update every couple of years.

Everybody benefits from the class association, directly or indirectly; everybody contributes to the tuning costs of the class association, directly or indirectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneGoat said:

Everybody benefits from the class association, directly or indirectly; everybody contributes to the tuning costs of the class association, directly or indirectly.

Except when the class association stray from their purpose. Allow non-complying boats to be measured in. Then waste money trying to set up a competitive builder programme that is guaranteed to create unequal boats and cost loads of money to manage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, winchfodder said:

Except when the class association stray from their purpose. Allow non-complying boats to be measured in. Then waste money trying to set up a competitive builder programme that is guaranteed to create unequal boats and cost loads of money to manage.

Solution:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, winchfodder said:

A fascinating comment based on a future that is yet to happen.

There is a strong possibility that the new builders will manufacture boats 'less unequal' than what we have had before - and what we had before did not translate to an advantage on the water.

(While there was a perception that the PSA boats were a slightly better build quality than the LPE, there is no actual hard data that I am aware of that showed one was faster than the other. And if anyone is aware of a difference - I'd be keen to know what that difference is!)

---

Part of social media is to increasingly become socially aware; to take a step back and look at the players' agendas.

For the most part this next phase in the Laser class has been set, builders are in the process of being appointed, and slowly but surely 'progress' is being made.

There are very few agendas on this thread left to push.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bruce Hudson said:

There is a strong possibility that the new builders will manufacture boats 'less unequal' than what we have had before.

Wouldn't it be nice?

6 hours ago, Bruce Hudson said:

While there was a perception that the PSA boats were a slightly better build quality than the LPE, there is no actual hard data that I am aware of that showed one was faster than the other.

Didn't I read somewhere in all these laser threads that the top sailors bought PSA boats because they were stiffer and faster?

• Like 1

Re 49er EOI, 12 at present have put there hands up in the last 24 hrs.    I expect it to settle at 16-20 players.

We do this in a major way every 8 years, last time it was Spinnakers on the 49er (not FX). A huge advance, 8 bidded, in the end it was MacDiarmid/Pryde vs Quantum and Quantum managment muffed it.

It's a lot of work, we plan the process to be European this time, Denmark, France and Spain have already put there hands up, shoudl be interesting to see what comes out of it.    It's always interesting what come sout of these.

Re single source, thats the wish of the sailors, they all voted for that overwhelmingly in Auckland in December even though there where multi source options on the table.    They had a chance in Geelong to re-visit that, and even with prompting, not a mention.

They will get another chance in Garda possibly in May (Coronavirus pending).

Main reason for wanting single source is it eliminates measurment issues, and it lifts sail supply out of coattage industry, that in turn means they get a bang for their buck.   The cost of single source supply compare to street corner supply is not really relevant.  It's the price of repetable source supply via single source vs multi source (measurment) and that is very well defined (go see bethwaite360.com).

This time there is far more on the line, all 3 sails in the 49er and all 3 sails in the FX are up for review.    

jB

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winchfodder said:

Didn't I read somewhere in all these laser threads that the top sailors bought PSA boats because they were stiffer and faster?

You'll read just about anything somewhere in this threads, but between attempted satire, deliberate lies, unfounded rumour, fake news, misconceptions and simple stupidity you'd be unwise to believe anything without solid first hand evidence.

• Like 4

Doesn't seem to matter between LP/PSA/PSJ, the best sailors are always at the front no matter what supplied boat they're in, and Joe Average at your local club wouldn't be able to tell the difference

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JMP said:

Doesn't seem to matter between LP/PSA/PSJ, the best sailors are always at the front no matter what supplied boat they're in, and Joe Average at your local club wouldn't be able to tell the difference

Speed wise and race results its this  - ^ - and at the club level its the same for old and new rigging.

20 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Best troll ever for catching me LOL.  Other than the wife and kids and sailing there is nothing I love more than rum!  If only those lying loquacious lemmings would pay up their bets!!

PS - Its likely ubiquitous but that exact signage adorns one of our favorite and local crab houses and bars.

PPS - Less than 2 months till fresh local crabs!!

PPPS - That is what soon means ILCA!! :P

19 hours ago, Bruce Hudson said:

A fascinating comment based on a future that is yet to happen.

There is a strong possibility that the new builders will manufacture boats 'less unequal' than what we have had before - and what we had before did not translate to an advantage on the water.

Agreed, however there is a concern that there is also a possibility that said boats will be more unequal than before, and additionally that they may be different from Lasers, as produced by the biggest manufacturer of small boats in the world and who previously supplied 80% of class-legal boats. Though admittedly that difference may be only the absence of a small plaque in the cockpit... arguably a worse outcome than the boats actually being different.

Cheers,

W.

14 hours ago, winchfodder said:

The reaction could be that they are stiffer and faster, or the reaction could be they are better quality with less variance.  As said above, you can read into it just about anything you want.  The truth is these days if you want a new class-legal boat, there is only one place to go.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 3:06 PM, bill4 said:

First time I have seen this:

"Meanwhile the International Laser Class Association is proceeding with the selection and issuance of new Building Licences, and is working through a short list of Builders around the world.

New tooling from master moulds held by the class have been created and sent to the short-listed builders who will have to make their own jigs and then build a sample of ten ILCA Lasers which will be scrutinised by measurers for compliance with the Class Construction Manual before their licence application is approved or declined.

It is expected that process will take "a few weeks" after which new ILCA legal Lasers will be able to be supplied under a competitive model without restriction as to territory or prices."

For what it's worth, this is all still utter nonsense.

2 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

For what it's worth, this is all still utter nonsense.

And that quote is taken out of context.  No one from ILCA has said it's going to take a "few weeks" from distribution of molds to boats being available for sale.  That is utter nonsense.

It will take a few weeks for builders to get a couple of hulls produced for ILCA inspection once they receive work ready molds.  Then ILCA will inspect them.  Then ILCA will compare notes.  Then they will revisit the builders to discuss any concerns/issues and/or give them a chance to make new boats for re-inspection.

Then- once a builder has been officially approved they can begin to manufacture hulls for sale.  It will take months to get boats ready for market.

So, 3 weeks to get a couple of boats done.  Then I'd estimate several months to get through an approval process, (assuming no hiccups).  Then I'd estimate several more months to have product ready for market. 

So, bare minimum- 7 months from now, (assuming builders have molds on hand) for new boats to market.  That puts us into September-October best case scenario.

However, I bet once builders are approved they will be taking deposits for boats.  At least I would if I were a builder.

• Like 2

In other news one of our district folks just bought a new MKII sail from West Coast, (that's where I told him to go-you're welcome).  Anyway, they were out of battons.  So, he tried Fogh in Canada who wanted $125, (even at Canadian dollars that's a shame on you if true)..

So, he went to the Tackle Shack who had a set for the standard $65.  

Guy at the Tackle Shack told him that LPE is suing the Canadian dealer/s.  As a result they can't get ANY Laser parts.  That sounds like BS to me.

Bill- have you heard anything like this?

Come on; that is BS.  If its a misquote then lets hear from ILCA leadership.  Over and over current ILCA leadership have been called out for spouting BS (hell even WS that bastion of truth and honesty made them walk back various statements) and while you say they were misquoted or they acknowledged they got earlier stuff wrong (cough, cough, gag... more BS) they have done no such thing.  All they keep doing is spouting BS.  All jokes and kidding aside I think the Laser (boat and fleet) is tops but the current class leadership has demonstrated over and over beyond any shadow of doubt IMHO that they will spin and BS and lie. Its pathetic. If they want to ditch LPE and replace them, OK go do it.  NOBODY would cry.  If they want to go chase WS and Olympics and growth in China and Asia, OK go do it. Want to advance the new PSA rigs; go do that too.  There ain't a need to lie and BS to achieve those ends.  Its well proven the class membership is heavily biased towards the pointy end and would follow whatever class leadership asks.  Seriously, the reason I am so over ILCA (not the Laser) is because the current crop of leaders just can't seem to tell the truth and they steadfastly appear to refuse to self fund. That they sacrifice grass roots interests sucks but it is what it is.  But the inability to tell the truth and refusal to self fund is pathetic. Its funny on that front because they were critical of WS for doing it while they do the exact same thing.  Call it what it is.  Great boat and fleet and crap leadership plain and simple.  To me this is like the women only club you mentioned.  You can stay and support it.  You can stay and try to change it.  Or you can leave and call it what it is.  If you lie with dogs you eventually get fleas (I don't mean you).

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

In other news one of our district folks just bought a new MKII sail from West Coast, (that's where I told him to go-you're welcome).  Anyway, they were out of battons.  So, he tried Fogh in Canada who wanted $125, (even at Canadian dollars that's a shame on you if true)..

So, he went to the Tackle Shack who had a set for the standard $65.  

Guy at the Tackle Shack told him that LPE is suing the Canadian dealer/s.  As a result they can't get ANY Laser parts.  That sounds like BS to me.

Bill- have you heard anything like this?

I haven’t talked to the local dealer lately, but he has struggled mightily with LPE for a few years. Nothing lawsuit worthy that I know of. I see Marine Outfitters in Kingston have them online for $73 Canadian which is about $55 US today. I like that operation and have bought lots of stuff from them over the years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wess said:

Come on; that is BS.  If its a misquote then lets hear from ILCA leadership.  Over and over current ILCA leadership have been called out for spouting BS (hell even WS that bastion of truth and honesty made them walk back various statements) and while you say they were misquoted or they acknowledged they got earlier stuff wrong (cough, cough, gag... more BS) they have done no such thing.  All they keep doing is spouting BS.  All jokes and kidding aside I think the Laser (boat and fleet) is tops but the current class leadership has demonstrated over and over beyond any shadow of doubt IMHO that they will spin and BS and lie. Its pathetic. If they want to ditch LPE and replace them, OK go do it.  NOBODY would cry.  If they want to go chase WS and Olympics and growth in China and Asia, OK go do it. Want to advance the new PSA rigs; go do that too.  There ain't a need to lie and BS to achieve those ends.  Its well proven the class membership is heavily biased towards the pointy end and would follow whatever class leadership asks.  Seriously, the reason I am so over ILCA (not the Laser) is because the current crop of leaders just can't seem to tell the truth and they steadfastly appear to refuse to self fund. That they sacrifice grass roots interests sucks but it is what it is.  But the inability to tell the truth and refusal to self fund is pathetic. Its funny on that front because they were critical of WS for doing it while they do the exact same thing.  Call it what it is.  Great boat and fleet and crap leadership plain and simple.  To me this is like the women only club you mentioned.  You can stay and support it.  You can stay and try to change it.  Or you can leave and call it what it is.  If you lie with dogs you eventually get fleas (I don't mean you).

The item that is getting you all worked up was in a Sail-World article. I have not see it any official ILCA announcement. Sail-World did not identify the source of their "few weeks" estimate. The author is a journalist who lives in New Zealand. It's likely that the author knows less about the new builder approval process than IPLore's lawnmower.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tillerman said:

The item that is getting you all worked up was in a Sail-World article. I have not see it any official ILCA announcement. Sail-World did not identify the source of their "few weeks" estimate. The author is a journalist who lives in New Zealand. It's likely that the author knows less about the new builder approval process than IPLore's lawnmower.

Please.

Seriously; I am reminded of the morons that run around defending at all costs and with no regard for the truth a certain politician who would be king.  What a bunch of parallels there is there.  Stop making excuses for them.

And that article is but one in a long line of shit ILCA leadership has spread.  Honestly not worked up by it at all.  Its business as usual for them. Just another example.  I expect it from LPE or PSA or any of the commercial interests. Sad to see and hear it again and again from the class leadership.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, tillerman said:

The item that is getting you all worked up was in a Sail-World article. 

Sorry - I should have shown the source.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wess said:

Please.

Seriously; I am reminded of the morons that run around defending at all costs and with no regard for the truth a certain politician who would be king.  What a bunch of parallels there is there.  Stop making excuses for them.

And that article is but one in a long line of shit ILCA leadership has spread.  Honestly not worked up by it at all.  Its business as usual for them. Just another example.  I expect it from LPE or PSA or any of the commercial interests. Sad to see and hear it again and again from the class leadership.

There you have it. Wess thinks ILCA is Trump, and anybody who sides with ILCA is a moron. More name calling... how trite. I am trying to think which of the Democrats Wess is most like. Kind of a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren hybrid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bill4 said:

There you have it. Wess thinks ILCA is Trump, and anybody who sides with ILCA is a moron. More name calling... how trite. I am trying to think which of the Democrats Wess is most like. Kind of a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren hybrid. 

If the shoe fits you should wear it Bill.  But no I don't think anyone that sides with ILCA is a moron any more than I think all of a certain politician's supporters are morons. But those who canntt tell the difference between truth and a lie... yea that is a shoe they should wear.  Your guy can't tell the truth; that's a problem for some. 

19 minutes ago, Wess said:

If the shoe fits you should wear it Bill.  But no I don't think anyone that sides with ILCA is a moron any more than I think all of a certain politician's supporters are morons. But those who canntt tell the difference between truth and a lie... yea that is a shoe they should wear.  Your guy can't tell the truth; that's a problem for some. 

Just for the record, as a simple Canadian bystander, Trump is not "my guy" by any stretch. And that's no lie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wess said:

And that article is but one in a long line of shit ILCA leadership has spread.  

I'm curious as to what the specific lies are that ILCA has spread.  Can you list them?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bill4 said:

Just for the record, as a simple Canadian bystander, Trump is not "my guy" by any stretch. And that's no lie.

LOL; fair enough.

10 hours ago, JMP said:

Try telling that to the likes of Mr Ainslie! Do you think he would head into an top event without doing his homework. 

39 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Try telling that to the likes of Mr Ainslie! Do you think he would head into an top event without doing his homework. 

All the boats at those events are supplied. Mr Ainslie (and all others) just show up with their own foils and sail.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bill4 said:

All the boats at those events are supplied. Mr Ainslie (and all others) just show up with their own foils and sail.

Not so from my understanding. Olympics yes. But qualification regattas and world championships no (though most worlds do have limited supply of charter boats available).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bill4 said:

These days, Mr. Ainslie wouldn't even be allowed to bring his own foils and sail to the ILCA Worlds.  Check out this item from the 2020 ILCA Standard Men's Worlds website. The NOR enforces this requirement.

Charter Boats

This is a mandatory charter event. The charter boats will be supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking strap, spars (composite mast top section, appropriate bottom section and a boom), centreboard and rudder in carry bag, mainsheet side cleats, control line deck block fitting with blocks and control line deck cleat fitting with cleats, pre-numbered sail and battens.

Competitors shall provide their own ropes, boom vang, mainsheet block with spring or similar, traveler blocks and line, country letters for the sail, tiller and tiller extension, outhaul and cunningham control set, and adjustment rope/shock-cord for hiking strap. Competitors may provide their own hiking strap, which must be installed by the Charter Provider.

https://sailing.laserinternational.org/site/event-site/109

A good thing too. The evidence for the existence of "cheater foils" was even stronger than that for unequal hulls.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tillerman said:

These days, Mr. Ainslie wouldn't even be allowed to bring his own foils and sail to the ILCA Worlds.  Check out this item from the 2020 ILCA Standard Men's Worlds website. The NOR enforces this requirement.

Charter Boats

This is a mandatory charter event. The charter boats will be supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking strap, spars (composite mast top section, appropriate bottom section and a boom), centreboard and rudder in carry bag, mainsheet side cleats, control line deck block fitting with blocks and control line deck cleat fitting with cleats, pre-numbered sail and battens.

Competitors shall provide their own ropes, boom vang, mainsheet block with spring or similar, traveler blocks and line, country letters for the sail, tiller and tiller extension, outhaul and cunningham control set, and adjustment rope/shock-cord for hiking strap. Competitors may provide their own hiking strap, which must be installed by the Charter Provider.

https://sailing.laserinternational.org/site/event-site/109

A good thing too. The evidence for the existence of "cheater foils" was even stronger than that for unequal hulls.

Only few worlds are all charter. Most worlds up until now have just limited charter boats. Most are own boat.

• Like 1

It's my understanding that going forward, Worlds will be run the same as the 2020 series, with supplied equipment.  Would need to attend the next general meeting or quiz my local ILCA rep to confirm though as the notes in the last Australian AGM minutes could be interpreted a couple of ways:

Additional Equipment Supply Issues – Chris Caldecoat reported additional equipment supply issues.

• An agreement is now signed off by the Spencer family (owners of PSA) for the supply of 300 new Lasers for World Championships.
  • World championships will become supplied sails events.
  • North Sails are expected to move to direct to consumer sale of their Laser sails.The other two class sailmakers Hyde and Pryde are understood not to be gearing up for a similar move.

From: http://www.lasersdownunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2020_ALCA_AGM_Minutes__Reports.pdf

• Like 1

The Olympic Class Worlds (Standard Men and Radial Women) have been mandatory charter for at least 10 years (with the exception of 2014 - where LP decided to pull out of their role at the last minute). This will continue until at least 2028, with PSA having reached an agreement with ILCA to be the official charter boat supplier for all Worlds until then, regardless of location. This also includes all the other non-Olympic class Worlds which will continue to be non-mandatory charter; thus uncapping the number of entries.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, winchfodder said:

Only few worlds are all charter. Most worlds up until now have just limited charter boats. Most are own boat.

No

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

No

2019 worlds!

Charter Boats

A limited number of charter boats will be available for this event.  The charter boats will be supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking strap, spars (composite 

2018 worlds!

Charter Boats

A limited number of charter boats will be made available for charter through the ILCA entry system. The charter boats will be supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking strap, spars (mast top section, appropriate bottom section and a boom), GRP centreboard and rudder in car

• Like 1

7 hours ago, winchfodder said:

2019 worlds!

Charter Boats

A limited number of charter boats will be available for this event.  The charter boats will be supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking strap, spars (composite 

2018 worlds!

Charter Boats

A limited number of charter boats will be made available for charter through the ILCA entry system. The charter boats will be supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking strap, spars (mast top section, appropriate bottom section and a boom), GRP centreboard and rudder in car

There may be a "limited" number of charter boats, but there are also "limited" entries.  Go back and pull photos from lasers worlds.  Going back to the 70's when everyone sailed with a colored sail on orange or yellow hulls.  I believe you'll find everyone is sailing the same hull, (color and graphics wise).  It would be statistically impossible if everyone who brought their own boat to a worlds just happened to all own the same hull color.

18 hours ago, tillerman said:

It's not officially until it comes from my favorite Canadian blogger.

• Like 1

Oh, c'mon you naysayers. Just check the results and look at the sail numbers. Then check the results at some other race by the same sailors. If the numbers are the same as were used at Worlds, and, unless there were Laser Class rules changes (approved by ILCA) which permitted different hull and sail numbers at Worlds, I'd say those sailors were using their own boats.

http://aarhus2018.sailing.org/results.html

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tillerman said:

Competitors shall provide their own ropes, boom vang, mainsheet block with spring or similar, traveler blocks and line, country letters for the sail, tiller and tiller extension, outhaul and cunningham control set, and adjustment rope/shock-cord for hiking strap.

Why on earth do they supply the boat and make you take your own ropes? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ojfd said:

Oh, c'mon you naysayers. Just check the results and look at the sail numbers. Then check the results at some other race by the same sailor. If the number is the same as was used in Worlds, and, unless there were Laser Class rules changes (approved by ILCA) which permitted different hull and sail numbers at Worlds, I'd say there were plenty of sailors with their own boats.

http://aarhus2018.sailing.org/results.html

May be different for senior events but for the Youth Worlds the chartering sailors normally brought their own sails (ie they were not supplied) and used them on the charter boats. The sail numbers are therefore the ones from their hulls at home, not the ones on the charter boat.

Think the ISAF youth worlds are different - sails supplied -  as my daughter's boat was ex-charter & the sail came logo'd up; so presumably there's some differentiation according to the event.

Cheers,

W.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

Interesting.  Looks like a nice slander case to me...Clean?

Stick to your day job RB

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

May be different for senior events but for the Youth Worlds the chartering sailors normally brought their own sails (ie they were not supplied) and used them on the charter boats. The sail numbers are therefore the ones from their hulls at home, not the ones on the charter boat.

Think the ISAF youth worlds are different - sails supplied -  as my daughter's boat was ex-charter & the sail came logo'd up; so presumably there's some differentiation according to the event.

Cheers,

W.

In the spirit of this thread 

It sounds like they are just picking your pocket making you charter boats. Where does the money go. Are they keeping their promises, timeline of what they will provide. Was it a legal vote to supply boats. Are all boats confirmed to be equal?. Who decides who gets which sail number (some numbers are lucky).

Should we start a new thread over this massive issue?

If I am right someone owes me a box of wine!!!

• Like 2

Interim President
Heini Wellman

heini_wellman_160x160.jpg?v=1582831783

Interim Executive Secretary
Beat Heinz

Interim Advisory Members
Monica Azon
Charles Campion
George Drougas
Carlos de Echavarri
Macrino Macri (technical consultant)
Francesco Marrai
Cesar Sierhuis
Jorge Smolar
Jan-Williams Wolters

• Like 2

Constitution

TLC Constitution
The Laser Class

Short version 24-02-2020 – to be updated / amended after first general meeting.

NAME
1. The name of the Association shall be the The Laser Class,
with Head Office based in Switzerland, obere Postmatte 2, 6462 Seedorf

INSIGNIA
2. The emblem of the Class shall be the recognised Laser symbol and the insignia of the officers shall be those prescribed by By-Law. 

OBJECTS

3. The objects of the Association are
(a) to provide a medium of exchange of information among Laser sailors throughout the world and to enhance the enjoyment of these dinghies.
(b) to promote and develop Laser class racing at affordable prices in all countries, under uniform rules; and
(c) to encourage and foster the enjoyment of the sporting and recreational aspects of sailing
(d) For the Laser Class be the organisation that represents Laser sailors worldwide

These goals are to keep Laser sailing affordable with ample suppliers of boats and equipment with strict adherence to the One Design principle.
The One Design is based on the agreed 2019 Class rules and relevant builders’ documentation. Changes to these rules shall only be possible after a vote with endorsement of two-thirds majority of the members.
Laser encompasses the Laser Standard, Laser Radial, and the Laser 4.7.
The Laser Class is by sailors, for sailors. The Board of Directors, elected by the members, consists of Laser sailors without ties to industrial or commercial entities. They will be voted into office annually and may not hold office more than 8 years. When deemed necessary, third parties for the organisation may be hired to execute technical affairs, social media affairs, finance, and administration. These persons are not members of the Board of Directors as they are only executing the policies and guidance of the Board.
Voting in the organisation is on the democratic principle of one person, one vote.
The Laser Class aims at being recognised by World Sailing as the only representative of The Laser Class worldwide. TLC will ensure the organisation of the proper championships at all relevant levels.

POLICY
4. It shall be the policy of the Association to maintain the Laser as the epitome of a strict one-design class of sailboat.

JURISDICTION
5. The Association has authority over all activities of The Laser Class throughout the world, and its powers shall be vested in and carried out by the World Council, Regional Executive Committees, District Associations and Fleets as provided in this Constitution and any By-Laws passed pursuant to the provisions hereof; all subject to and in accordance with the General Rules and By-Laws of World Sailing.

ORGANISATION
6. World Council
(a) until the formation general meeting, which is planned for mid-September 2020 the Association is led by an interim President, an interim Technical Officer, an interim Executive Secretary, and the advisory group.
(b)The Association shall be governed as it will be indicated by the new constitution.

7. Regions
How the class will be managed is subject of the new to be established constitution.

8. Districts
How the class will be managed is subject of the new to be established constitution.

9. Fleets

MEMBERSHIP
10. Any individuals or group of sailors may become a member of the Association by making a direct application on the Class website. There will be different categories of membership, defined in the By-Laws. An application for membership implies that the applicant undertakes and agrees to be bound by the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association upon being accepted to membership.

DUES
11. Association dues shall be in the amount determined and shall be payable within the time prescribed by the By-Laws.

SUSPENSION AND REMOVAL FROM OFFICE
12. A member may be suspended by the World Council, on the recommendation of a District Association, for gross violation of the Rules and By-Laws, committing an unlawful act in relation to the Association or one of its members, or any unsportsmanlike conduct contrary to the interests of the members of the Association. The duration of the suspension shall be fixed by the World Council and a suspended member shall, during such period, be precluded from racing or enjoying any other rights of membership.

13. A Regional or District Officer may be removed from office by the World Council for a wilful and unjustifiable act of commission or omission that is detrimental to the Association or to its members.

APPEALS
14. Any dispute arising in relation to the constitution or the rules may be made to the World Council whose decision shall be final and binding.

ADVISORY COUNCIL
15. An advisory council might be defined in the new constitution, to be drafted within the 3 months after the foundation meeting.

BY-LAWS
16. The World Council may make By-Laws for the purpose of carrying out the objects of this Constitution and of the Association.

AMENDMENTS
17. Amendments to this Constitution shall be approved by each of:
(a) the World Council – or any other similar leading committee as defined in the new constitution
(b) at least two-thirds of the membership, replying to the International Office of the Class in response to a ballot published by the International Office within 6 months.
(c) the intermediate board plus the advisory group will create a proposal for a final  version of this constitution before the end of April 2020 which will then be used for the World Sailing application and will be due for final approval during the formation general meeting in mid-September 2020.

TRANSITION PROVISIONS
  1. This Constitution shall come into force on the date of the approval thereof by the participants of the foundation meeting.

With no hope of being approved by WS, and the possibility of more litigation. 

There's no "The Laser Class" registered in Switzerland yet.

It would sure seem like ILCA is for the 1%, and the Laser is for normal sailors.

They don't have to buy: new hull, new sails, new composite spars, new foils.
I think that will interest a lot of people who don't want to pay $10,000 to buy and sail an ILCA - that has sold maybe 400 boats worldwide compared to 200,000.

• Like 2

I would add - it seems like people are waking up and realizing that PSA has hijacked the entire world, and the class, with prices to match.

Exclusive contracts to supply charter boats.
Changing the layup of hulls.
New carbon spars - (I don't think any 'class' voted on this?)
Change the names of the rigs (5,6,7,9?)

Whatever is best for PSA seems to be the class rule now.
To me, this seems worse than the last 10 years of class mess.

• Like 2

Notice of Race
2019 Laser Standard Men’s World Championship 2-9 July 2019
Venue: Sakaiminato City, Japan
Organizing Authority: 2019 Laser World Championships Executive Committee (Host) and the International Laser Class Association (ILCA)
Amendments: 11 June 2019, Added scoring clarification regarding maximum number of
dropped scores in final series, paragraph 19.5(e).
1.1 The regatta will be governed by the 'rules' as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing. The prescriptions of the National Authority will not apply.
1.2 Laser class rule 7 (a) is restricted as follows: “Only one person (the registered sailor) shall be on board while racing.”
1.3 RRS Appendix P "Special Procedures for Rule 42" will apply with changes to include; allowing a jury initiated redress, a points penalty for a first penalty given after finishing and to prohibit a boat that has been disqualified for a RRS 42 infringement or has retired in recognition of a RRS 42 infringement from sailing in the race if that race is restarted or re-sailed.
1.4 RRS Appendix T “Arbitration” will apply.
1.5 In all rules governing this regatta;
(a) (DP) denotes a rule for which the penalty is at the discretion of the International Jury; and
(b) (NP) denotes a rule that shall not be grounds for protests by a boat. This changes RRS 60.1(a).
1.6 If there is a conflict between languages the English text will take precedence.
2. ADVERTISING (DP, NP)
Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organising authority.
3. ENTRY REGULATIONS
3.1 Only current, fully paid members of the International Laser Class Association and of a World Sailing member national authority may enter the regatta. These memberships shall be with the Laser Fleet/District Association and with the World Sailing member national authority of the country where the sailor normally sails, even though such place may not be his permanent residence; however, such member, for any valid reason and with the approval of both District Chairmen, may select instead the Fleet/District and the World Sailing member national authority in which he has permanent residence in accordance with the ILCA Constitution, Article 10 (3) and the ILCA Class Rules, Part Two, Article 9. The sailor can only be member of one Laser Fleet/District Association.
3.2 Crew substitution of the registered sailor is not permitted.
3.3 No resale or transfer of entries is allowed.
3.4 This is an allocated place event. Each sailor shall apply using the official online application form.
3.5 Each sailor shall have a World Sailing Sailor ID, which is required to enter the regatta. A World Sailing Sailor
ID can be obtained free of charge by registering online at: http://members.sailing.org/sailors/profile.php
3.6 Each sailor under 18 years old on 2 July 2019 shall bring at registration a completed parent/guardian consent
form. For the duration of the championship, each sailor under 18 years old shall be supervised by the
responsible adult named on the parent/guardian consent form.
3.7 The responsible adult (if applicable) and competitors shall register together on site at the race office before
1800 on 3 July 2019.
3.8 The total number of entries is limited to 160 sailors.
4. APPLICATION & ENTRY
4.1 Applications for entry will be accepted on the ILCA regatta website in accordance with the “Application and Entry Procedure” appended to this notice of race.
4.2 The application closing date is 7 March 2019.
4.3 The entry closing date is 29 May 2019.
4.4 The entry fee is USD $395.
4.5 Entries completed after the entry closing date may be accepted solely at the discretion of ILCA and upon
payment of a late entry fee of USD $470 (USD $395 + USD $75).

5. CHARTER BOATS
5.1 Each competitor shall use a charter boat chartered through the official entry form on the ILCA website.
5.2 Each competitor shall provide his own ropes, boom vang, mainsheet block with spring or similar, traveler
blocks and line, sail and battens, tiller and tiller extension, outhaul and cunningham control set, and adjustment rope/shock-cord for hiking strap. Competitors may request to have the charter boat provided with a builder supplied padded hiking strap or may provide their own hiking strap, which must be installed by the Charter Provider.
5.3 Charter boats cost USD $975 (to include composite mast top section) plus a refundable damage deposit of USD $500.
5.4 Charter boats will be available from 2 July 2019.
5.5 Charter boats are Laser XD models supplied on a launching trolley as a hull with self-bailer, padded hiking
strap if requested, spars (composite mast top section, appropriate bottom section and a boom), centerboard and rudder in carry bag, mainsheet side cleats if requested, control line deck block fitting with blocks and control line deck cleat fitting with cleats.
5.6 No fitting may be removed, even if it is subsequently replaced, and no repairs may be undertaken without the permission of the regatta equipment inspector and the charter boat provider. Note: All the fittings are sealed with silicone during manufacture.
5.7 Unless specifically agreed with the charter boat provider, no changes, additions or alterations to the spars, hull, fittings or equipment shall be made except the fitting of a compass and wind indicator supplied by the competitor, provided that they can be fitted without piercing or otherwise marking the hull or spars. At the request of the competitor, the charter boat provider will install a competitor provided hiking strap as a substitution for the builder supplied hiking strap. At the request of the competitor, the charter boat provider will install or remove the supplied mainsheet side cleats. Installation or removal of a hiking strap or side cleats must only be performed by the charter boat provider.
5.8 All charter boats are subject to the “Charter Terms and Conditions” available through the ILCA regatta web site: https://sailing.laserinternational.org/public/site/event-site/114/documents
PRE-REGATTA CHARTER
5.9 Charter boats will be available for a pre-regatta training period from 0900 on 26 June 2019. Pre-regatta charter will cost USD $450 and may be booked through the ILCA online entry system.
6. BOATS AND EQUIPMENT (NP, DP)
6.1 All competitors shall use only one hull, sail, batten set, mast, boom, centreboard and rudder; all of which shall be identified during equipment inspection.
6.2 In the event of damage, boats and equipment may only be substituted with the written permission of the regatta equipment inspector in accordance with the sailing instructions.
6.3 For the purposes of RRS G1.1, sails shall display the national letters of the World Sailing member national authority under which the entry was accepted. This changes RRS G1.1.
6.4 When ashore boats shall be kept in their assigned places at the venue.
6.5 Boats may be required to display identification numbers and fleet identification colors supplied by the
organizing authority.
6.6 Boats may be required to carry cameras, sound equipment or positioning equipment as specified by the
organizing authority.
6.7 Access to the boat park may be restricted during certain hours including the hours of darkness.
7. RACING FORMAT
7.1 The entries may be split into fleets and sail a qualifying series followed by a final ser