Raymarine Assistance

woahboy

I've purchased a new boat that came with a brand new unused package of Raymarine electronics. It includes:
1) E22078 masthead anemometer and wind direction
2) i705s display
3) iTC5
4) DST-800 Multi sensor
I've read the manuals and can't see where the power source is.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Cheers
Jim

There should be a red and black cable that has a SeatalkNG end at one side and bare red and black cables at the other.  That needs to get wired into a 12V source with a 5amp fuse or breaker and then plugged into the network (usually through a 5-way SeatalkNG connector block).  It will power the network.

4 hours ago, Alex W said:

There should be a red and black cable that has a SeatalkNG end at one side and bare red and black cables at the other.  That needs to get wired into a 12V source with a 5amp fuse or breaker and then plugged into the network (usually through a 5-way SeatalkNG connector block).  It will power the network.

Thank you @Alex W. I will look for that. I am assuming it will be with the itc5?

Found that I am missing the power cable thus causing confusion. 

Yes the ITC5 provides the power.  Probably has a special cable to connect 12v to the iTC5.

--Kevin

The red power cable provides power and can plug into any part of the network.  It is recommended that it is in the middle of your backbone to minimize voltage drop to any point.  On my boat this happens to be the iTC5 or a 5-way connector that is directly next to it, but it will be in different locations on different boats.

I think my power cable came in a SeatalkNG starter kit that came as part of my Evo autopilot (those use SeatalkNG extensively to talk between the system components so they include a lot of parts in the kit).

If you have an extra spur cable you could always cut one connector off and use the red and black wires to power up the network instead of buying a new cable.  I always end up with extra 40cm spur cables because they come with most instruments and those cables are too short for my needs.

Thank you for the replies. I thought of cutting the end off of one cable but was concerned in that what I needed wouldn't be there. I have since found one on eBay for $11 and free shipping. Next job, pull the plug in the hull and install the DST-800 multi sensor. Then the real fun starts. Getting up to the masthead, mounting the E22078 masthead anemometer and wind direction, and dropping the cable down the mast. Wish me luck.
Jim

Archived