B&G zeus to simpard tp22?

just got all new B&G electronics...zeus3 plotter. All still in the box, so I havent;' even installed or read the manual...without reading, doeas anyone know of the AP function on the zeus plotter will steer the my simrad tp22 tiller pilot? without any other hardware?

On 4/17/2019 at 4:27 AM, monosailor said:

It will but you will need a simnet to nmea 2k adaptor

Perfect. Simnet to Nmea 2000 cable $24.00 at west marine. 

• 9 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, dacapo said:

Perfect. Simnet to Nmea 2000 cable $24.00 at west marine. 

Were you able to get this running?

I'm wondering, can you control it like any other autopilot through the MFD? Changing course from the Zeus display (-10, +10), initiating a tack, etc?

The Zeus will provide enable you to enter waypoints and routes 

It will "follow" the route and sequence the waypoints, sending them successively to NMEA 0183 and 2000

• the position of the next waypoint 
  • Course to steer to waypoint

Your Tillerpilot should have internal compass capability that it may send back to the Zeus3, and if you have windsensor on NMEA/SIMNET it can sail to that as well. 

The autopilot screen on the Zeus is unlikely to operate with the tillerpilot. 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:10 PM, LionessRacing said:

The Zeus will provide enable you to enter waypoints and routes 

It will "follow" the route and sequence the waypoints, sending them successively to NMEA 0183 and 2000

• the position of the next waypoint 
  • Course to steer to waypoint

Your Tillerpilot should have internal compass capability that it may send back to the Zeus3, and if you have windsensor on NMEA/SIMNET it can sail to that as well. 

The autopilot screen on the Zeus is unlikely to operate with the tillerpilot. 

thanks for posting, i just saw the latest thread post.  Yes it works just like Linoess Racing said.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, dacapo said:

thanks for posting, i just saw the latest thread post.  Yes it works just like Linoess Racing said.

Ahhh this is not my experience - the Zeus 7 will see the TP22 via NMEA/Simnet adaptor and a pop-out AP control screen is available for control from the Zeus 7 (note not the full AP screen as if a NAC 2 or 3 was connected) - the screen pops up when it sees the AP is connected on the network. We are running a precision 9 as well and this becomes the default compass rather than the TP22 built in gyro. We can control heading etc as if using TP22 keypad from Zeus screen. It is awesome!

pretty sure ( although not able to access boat at the moment) that the full AP screen is only available when you have a proper full function AP computer connected. When the TP22 is connected a tab/ wind ow opens on the left of screen with +1, -1, +10,-10 standby, mode buttons etc

image.png

• 2 weeks later...