Hick yachts

Mickbart

Hick 30-31s are great bang for buck boats. Light, fun and fast. Two distinct types. The Toecutter 11 / Godzilla (Toecutter1) style offshore capable or the inshore Lizard style boats like Larriken in Geelong. 

21 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Is that Anna?

I see she is finally gone from the SYC yard, where did she end up?

Sold, fixed up and staying at SYC Hoppy.

its not wake. I currently own an Elliott 780 another girl another planet and I’ve had 4 years of sailing her which has been an absolute dream.  She’s quick but I’m looking for something little more stable. But still fun to sail. And the hicks keep coming up with good reviews and seem to be solid boats.  

On 5/11/2019 at 6:54 AM, Mickbart said:

its not wake. I currently own an Elliott 780 another girl another planet and I’ve had 4 years of sailing her which has been an absolute dream.  She’s quick but I’m looking for something little more stable. But still fun to sail. And the hicks keep coming up with good reviews and seem to be solid boats.  

Another girl? I know the feeling, and love my little Elliott, but am constantly dreaming about something less dependant on crew weight for stability... 

On 5/11/2019 at 6:54 AM, Mickbart said:

Mick

Not sure the Hick 30 IRC versions have a much stability as Slut!

I’m flying out tomorrow to look ambush. I’ll hopefull have a better idea after that. I had a chat with sportscar on Saturday and he certainly knows his boats and was extremely helpful. 

All good no need to shut up. It’s the first time I’ve used this forum and it’s helped a lot. I should use it more often and will. Everyone’s little bit of input has helped and the more the merrier. 

On 5/13/2019 at 2:05 AM, Ease the sheet. said:
On 5/12/2019 at 7:16 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Darn I thought this thread would be about this kind of vessel.

PatsBubbaBoat.jpg

Thats another reason why Melbourne, Victoria is much better place than Melbourne, Florida......

The creator of that aboatmination lives in the FL panhandle, not the East Coast. He's a friend. He actually does know how to build normal boats and has done so.

7 hours ago, Mickbart said:

All good no need to shut up. It’s the first time I’ve used this forum and it’s helped a lot. I should use it more often and will. Everyone’s little bit of input has helped and the more the merrier. 

Not sure how helpful that was but I hope it was entertaining.

33 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

The creator of that aboatmination lives in the FL panhandle, not the East Coast. He's a friend. He actually does know how to build normal boats and has done so.

Not sure how helpful that was but I hope it was entertaining.

I plan to take that ‘abomination ‘ for spin later this week.  

9 hours ago, Mickbart said:

I’m flying out tomorrow to look ambush. I’ll hopefull have a better idea after that. I had a chat with sportscar on Saturday and he certainly knows his boats and was extremely helpful. 

Aw shucks, flattery will get you everywhere :P.

Cheers Mick, hope Ambush is all you wish for but happy to help if you decide to look elsewhere.

10 hours ago, lydia said:

Mick

Sporty has a Elliott 980 listed

Might be a better choice for your part of the world.

L

You mean the Thompson 980, not Elliott. Sweet looking boat.

25 minutes ago, SPORTSCAR said:

T 980 or an Elliott E9 both available.

True...

The T980 looks pretty much turn key for club racing but the Elliott needs a big birthday, but is priced accordingly. 

Archived