A new low - cover up McCain

7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It wasn't 2008. It was the 2000 Republican primary in South Carolina.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/11/mccain200411

If I recall correctly, by 2008, Republicans had forgotten that they'd forgotten about it. Or maybe it was just Sarah Palin's tits. I can't remember which.

You're right, I was just thinking McCain and campaign and locked on 2008.  W took some hits as many thought he was responsible for the smear campaign.  Damn the years are blending together much too easily.  

On 5/30/2019 at 11:00 AM, Olsonist said:

Jeff will be along shortly to ask McCain who? Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will pontificate about bitcoin in a random gun thread.

Nope - I'll say that this is an example of a narcissistic jackass with more authority than he knows how to handle making idiotic requests for no good reason, but, I appreciate you trying to help out. 

36 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It wasn't 2008. It was the 2000 Republican primary in South Carolina.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/11/mccain200411

If I recall correctly, by 2008, Republicans had forgotten that they'd forgotten about it. Or maybe it was just Sarah Palin's tits. I can't remember which.

That’s right. It was during McCain’s first run in 2000. Karl sat out 2008. 

39 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

technically it was his staff, not Trump. Trump's surrounded himself with jackasses that cater to his narcissism.

and is supported by supporters who feed off Shitstain's narcissism. One way to measure this will be the next poll cycle. It will remain unchanged.

15 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Triggered much?... 

I needed an example of one of Shitstain's supporters feeding off his narcissism. That was perfectly illustrated. Thank you so much!

There's a nice parallel between Shitstain asking for Russia's help in obtaining Hillary's emails and his describing the aides that made the request to hide the McCain as "well meaning." It's kind of I did it; you know I did it; you just can't prove I did it. It gives his elk plausible deniability and still takes credit at the same time. 

Of course, you all who do nothing but discount this as a case of the deplorables and racists just getting uppity are ignoring, at your own peril, the greater, much more deep-seated roots of discontent.

Right.

58 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

There's a nice parallel between Shitstain asking for Russia's help in obtaining Hillary's emails and his describing the aides that made the request to hide the McCain as "well meaning." It's kind of I did it; you know I did it; you just can't prove I did it. It gives his elk plausible deniability and still takes credit at the same time. 

Of course, you all who do nothing but discount this as a case of the deplorables and racists just getting uppity are ignoring, at your own peril, the greater, much more deep-seated roots of discontent.

Right.

It’s quite refreshing that tRump is burning down the military bitch, doncha think?

Just in case you had any doubt . . 

Yes, they are that tyrannical and petty . . 

"Source: USA Today
Ledyard King, USA TODAY Published 5:20 p.m. ET June 1, 2019 | Updated 5:39 p.m. ET June 1, 2019 

WASHINGTON – The U.S, Navy acknowledged Saturday it had received a request to shield a U.S. warship bearing the name of former political rival John McCain from President Donald Trump's view during the commander-in-chief's visit to Japan last week – but did not comply. 

“A request was made to the U.S. Navy to minimize the visibility of USS John S. McCain, however, all ships remained in their normal configuration during the President’s visit," according to a statement from Rear Adm. Charlie Brown, Chief of Navy Information, that the Pentagon released. " 

6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yes, they are that tyrannical and petty . . 

tRump and Co simply project their worst qualities upon others as a force of defensive offence .

without a doubt tRump is the biggest purveyor of fake news .

it's also the worlds largest snowflake and sufferers the worst case of TDS , as his biggest fear is being ignored .

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Right.

"Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

Except of course Trump would have wanted someone to take out Beckett when he said that.

I think this episode is just entertainment for Shitstain's elk. As long as there's more entertainment to be had, the elk (and the media) will quickly forget the last piece of entertainment in favor of the next. The elk won't hold this against their Shitstain.

There really is absolutely nothing the Gropenfuhrer can do to upset his loyal worshippers. 

You need only understand the following to understand exactly what is happening: 

Almost Every  day and sometimes multiple times in a day the media complains about an inappropriate   behavior. 

The faithful have an honest complaint:

Every day, the media claims our POTUS has done something awful. 

Gropenfuhrer does more inappropriate things than any POTUS in history 

The media has described more bad things about our POTUS than about any other POTUS ever 

It doesn’t matter what the media tells them, the faithful simply will not abandon their idol. 

The media can try all they want, we refuse to abandon our POTUS. 

——

Those who want to rescue our government from this path  need to get creative. The normal exit routes  are all blocked. 

3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

There really is absolutely nothing the Gropenfuhrer can do to upset his loyal worshippers. 

You need only understand the following to understand exactly what is happening: 

Almost Every  day and sometimes multiple times in a day the media complains about an inappropriate   behavior. 

The faithful have an honest complaint:

Every day, the media claims our POTUS has done something awful. 

Gropenfuhrer does more inappropriate things than any POTUS in history 

The media has described more bad things about our POTUS than about any other POTUS ever 

It doesn’t matter what the media tells them, the faithful simply will not abandon their idol. 

The media can try all they want, we refuse to abandon our POTUS. 

——

Those who want to rescue our government from this path  need to get creative. The normal exit routes  are all blocked. 

He can do anything this side of switching parties and his principled faithful will be there for him. 

Had an interaction with a Trumpkin who was adamant the request to cover the name of the ship was not a slight of the late Senator.  He (correctly) pointed out the ship was launched in 1992 and named for the Senator's father and grandfather.  He neglected to mention it was rededicated in 2018 the late Senator's name was added as a namesake.

Linky.

Regardless.  Is the petty little slight by the President any better when one considers the Faithful are okay with him covering up the name of two honored WWII Navy veterans.

He is a pathetically childish little bully-boy.

But, at least we don't have Hillary.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Had an interaction with a Trumpkin who was adamant the request to cover the name of the ship was not a slight of the late Senator.  He (correctly) pointed out the ship was launched in 1992 and named for the Senator's father and grandfather.  He neglected to mention it was rededicated in 2018 the late Senator's name was added as a namesake.

Linky.

Regardless.  Is the petty little slight by the President any better when one considers the Faithful are okay with him covering up the name of two honored WWII Navy veterans.

He is a pathetically childish little bully-boy.

But, at least we don't have Hillary.

But we do have email and basementless pizza

45 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Mick Mulvaney said it “was just a question” from “a 24-25 year old staffer” and “not a big deal not worthy of discipline”.

Slimy little bastard.

The White House Military Office coordinated directly with the Navy's Seventh Fleet to have the USS John S. McCain hidden from view during President Donald Trump's visit to Japan, acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan told reporters Sunday, though that request was ultimately not carried out.

Shanahan on Sunday also pushed back on a report from The Wall Street Journal that said a tarp was put in place to cover the ship's name since it could not be moved due to repairs, saying the tarp was for "hull preservation and not to obscure the name" so it was removed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/02/politics/navy-uss-mccain-shanahan/index.html

image.png.1cd272b91833448814a745e87509819d.png

The preservation of the hull.

I’m more concerned about the Trump uniform patches.   The fact they were allowed at a public event, plus racist pro trump reservists I know, make me nervous that military units might try to protect Trump from impeachment if the senate shifts, or even replacement by the wrong sort of candidate in 2020 when foreign interference reoccurs.    

make-aircrew-great-again.jpg?quality=80&

A large number of Gropenfuhrer’s faithful honestly believe he was put in place  by God. 

The story line for them includes “God has chosen many flawed men to lead.”

Many can quote scripture describing examples like Moses and Abraham .  Fir sone reason, evangelicals are not comparing Gropenfuhrer to the Bible’s antichrist. 

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

The White House Military Office coordinated directly with the Navy's Seventh Fleet to have the USS John S. McCain hidden from view during President Donald Trump's visit to Japan, acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan told reporters Sunday, though that request was ultimately not carried out.

Shanahan on Sunday also pushed back on a report from The Wall Street Journal that said a tarp was put in place to cover the ship's name since it could not be moved due to repairs, saying the tarp was for "hull preservation and not to obscure the name" so it was removed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/02/politics/navy-uss-mccain-shanahan/index.html

image.png.1cd272b91833448814a745e87509819d.png

The preservation of the hull.

Is very important.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Standard Trump playbook.

1) critical story comes out

2) lie about critical story, call it fake news

3) news outlet comes out with more proof

4) lie about new proof & bullshit

By the time stage 4 comes about the elk are convinced it's not true, the people who don't pay much attention are convinced its just the usual partisan squabble and the narrative doesn't change. It's an effective strategy because the elk are fucking idiots.

It’s way worse than that.  There video evidence of  him calling Meghan Markle nasty.  His team says that’s  fake news and boldly posts said video of him calling her nasty as proof he didn’t call her nasty.  Trump then tweets a follow up denial and demands an apology. Trumptards eat it up.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-says-he-never-called-meghan-markle-nasty-after-his-own-war-room-accidentally-busted-him-for-it/

I remember when Republicans were quite bothered by an Administration that lied by presenting false stories to cover up what really happened. 

Nobody died because of this particular improper set of behaviors by the current administration  but the alternative deflective story manufacturing is frighteningly similar to  when another administration suggested  alternative causes for the Benghazi massacre. 

The subjectbus quite different but the methods of deflection are frighteningly similar. 

Are any republicans who post in this thread annoyed by the fact the Republican administration is blatantly making up alternative storylines? 

2 hours ago, Lark said:

I’m more concerned about the Trump uniform patches.   The fact they were allowed at a public event, plus racist pro trump reservists I know, make me nervous that military units might try to protect Trump from impeachment if the senate shifts, or even replacement by the wrong sort of candidate in 2020 when foreign interference reoccurs.    

That's really the big question isn't it?

How much of the US military would obey blatantly, perhaps murderously, unConstitutional orders from Trump?

I originally thought that Gen. Kelly would not, then observing him over time I came to believe that he almost certainly would. And Flynn was a general before getting busted, and very much a Trump-uber-Alles kinda guy.

-DSK

18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
2 hours ago, Lark said:

That's really the big question isn't it?

How much of the US military would obey blatantly, perhaps murderously, unConstitutional orders from Trump?

I originally thought that Gen. Kelly would not, then observing him over time I came to believe that he almost certainly would. And Flynn was a general before getting busted, and very much a Trump-uber-Alles kinda guy.

I was about ask you if you didn’t see that that patch was a mocking of the MAGA thing. But of course you don’t  (hint it was mocking).  You have your mind made up that the military is a monolith. So carry on with your false perceptions. 

But I can tell you that the majority of the active military guys I talk to on a regular basis are not all pro-shitstain. Many like that he’s funding the military again after the destructive sequester and see him as trying to disentangle us from foreign interventions. But they also by and large think he’s a jackass and an embarrassment. While there might be some enlisted Talibama redneck soldiers who would follow and unconstitutional order, there are few officers that would, irregardless if they supported Cheeto or not. They take their loyalty to the Connie very seriously. And unless the officers are passing on unconstitutional orders, the lower ranks aren’t going to be able to carry it out. See the McCain coverup thing as an example....  as soon as the base leadership got wind, they shut the WH orders down cold. 

Kelly and Flynn were and are anomalies. 

11 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I was about ask you if you didn’t see that that patch was a mocking of the MAGA thing. But of course you don’t  (hint it was mocking).  You have your mind made up that the military is a monolith. So carry on with your false perceptions. 

But I can tell you that the majority of the active military guys I talk to on a regular basis are not all pro-shitstain. Many like that he’s funding the military again after the destructive sequester and see him as trying to disentangle us from foreign interventions. But they also by and large think he’s a jackass and an embarrassment. While there might be some enlisted Talibama redneck soldiers who would follow and unconstitutional order, there are few officers that would, irregardless if they supported Cheeto or not. They take their loyalty to the Connie very seriously. And unless the officers are passing on unconstitutional orders, the lower ranks aren’t going to be able to carry it out. See the McCain coverup thing as an example....  as soon as the base leadership got wind, they shut the WH orders down cold. 

How would openly mocking their Commander in Chief be better if they had to be depended on to defend our little  Banana Republic?

You notice my concern was isolated units, not a military coupe.   Are the reservist groups as diverse on an operational level as the regular military?   The ones I’ve met recently seem to be the lower end of the white rural demographic of Indiana or Ohio.   

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:
42 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Umm, yeah, you don't read much, do you? You don't seem to be very good at it.

If I thought the US military were monolithic in it's opinions and loyalties, I wouldn't ask "much of the US military would  ... (whatever) ..."

For one thing, I was -in- the US military myself for a fair number of years.

I'm glad to hear your opinion that most officers take their duty to the US Constitution seriously. That's what I would hope for.

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

I have a monthly game night with army and air force officers. Every one of them think Trump is a shameful fucking moron

See

47 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

... (hint it was mocking). ...

39 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Why?

Sorry, but I think the burden of proof is on y'all. I gave my evidence and I don't see these guys in the picture as mocking nor do I see mocking in the design or wording of the morale patch nor do I think that an officer would suffer such mocking for an instant.

BTW, Shitstain visited the Wasp.

Floor's yours.

15 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

When Trump says jump, they ask how high?  Field grade officers will obey what they are told to do.  NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

"I was only following orders"

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I was about ask you if you didn’t see that that patch was a mocking of the MAGA thing. But of course you don’t  (hint it was mocking).  =

Exactly how is that patch mocking or ironic?  Better said; what, precisely, is mocking about it? 

Seems like a stylized image making a fat ugly man look handsome and fit, applying his slogan to their brotherhood.  Seems like textbook support.

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

Exactly how is that patch mocking or ironic?  Better said; what, precisely, is mocking about it? 

Seems like a stylized image making a fat ugly man look handsome and fit, applying his slogan to their brotherhood.  Seems like textbook support.

It is only mocking or ironic if it suits one's need to defend the Messiah.

42 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

When Trump says jump, they ask how high?  Field grade officers will obey what they are told to do.  NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

How high do they jump for Kellyann when she gets a little event planning idea? How high for the purported pimply-faced 24-25 year old aide.

2 hours ago, El Boracho said:

How high do they jump for Kellyann when she gets a little event planning idea? How high for the purported pimply-faced 24-25 year old aide.

Kellyann is pretty scary.  She would certainly make me jump!

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Jeff's a moron and despite his protestations, would swallow for Trump.

Now if he would swallow Trump we might get somewhere.

18 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

23 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What is it about that patch is mocking, Jeff?  Just tell us how it is meant to be seen and why you think that?  Is mocking a superior officer something that is accepted or condoned in the Armed Forces?

On 6/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah just like this “art work” is intended to mock Trump. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-art-garrison-mcnaughto_n_5c5b44cbe4b00187b557cb56

Not.

These are low IQ, knuckle dragging Trumptards who should be drummed out of the service along with what ever superior officer allowed this.

Might as well put this here too -

, we read the story about the sailors on a US warship being ordered to hide from you because you’re triggered by the name on their hats. So we turned Madame Tussaud's into a giant USS John McCain baseball cap. Welcome to London!

944A8B69-8879-49D8-9B1E-B5910F2CEB83.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Rat's ass said:

The fake left worships war criminals. :rolleyes:

I respect a man who answered his country's call.

You appear to favor a man who claims bone spurs kept him stateside to fuck women in his own "personal Vietnam".

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
2 hours ago, Rat's ass said:

The fake left worships war criminals. :rolleyes:

I respect a man who answered his country's call.

You appear to favor a man who claims bone spurs kept him stateside to fuck women in his own "personal Vietnam".

What does the real left worship?

Actually, I don't give a rats ass.

7 hours ago, Rat's ass said:
7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I respect a man who answered his country's the war profiteers call his entire career.

FIFY

Your having avoided the second part of my comments is duly noted.

You must be so proud of him.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

The Draft Dodger-in-Chief. 

His own “personal Vietnam”.  

As in boffing every female you can, while avoiding any STD's.  Serious warfare, right there!

Archived