Jump to content

impeachment


Mid

Recommended Posts

Quote

BoyleSports, Ireland’s biggest independent bookmaker, slashed the odds Trumps will be impeached in his first term from 8/1 to 2/1, according to an announcement from the bookmaker Thursday. The odds of Trump resigning in his first term were 6/1, while his reelection remained even money.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/446114-bookmaker-slashes-odds-on-trump-impeachment-after-mueller-statement?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the only people calling for impeachment are Reichtards and a small part of the house D caucus. Strange bedfellows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My current bet is for the house to impeach, McConnell to stall the Senate trial and the RNC to renominate and run Trumpo as an impeached *resident/born-again candidate.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning, Chuck Grassley reacted sharply to Trump pulling the tariff nonsense with Mexico. That will hurt all Americans, as retailers raise the price on everything to try and make up for the loss of revenue. Then there was this, Trump is inching himself closer to impeachment through sheer incompetence.

 

Wow. In a single phone call, Trump overrides months of foreign policy and takes a step to allow Turkey to purchase US F'35s and Russia's S-400 missiles. This is a huge win for Putin. Congress was pushing to sanction Turkey for buying the Russian missiles https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trump-approves-key-turkish-offer-s-400s 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing in the US constitution or US law that prevents a sitting president from being indicted. 

We are being conned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

There is nothing in the US constitution or US law that prevents a sitting president from being indicted. 

We are being conned. 

It's in the DoJ "Guidelines"..... Not the US Constitution. A convenient dodge, but not one that I think would stand up in court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

lol.

Trump lives in so many of your heads... rent free!

not mine, tRump is just a symptom, it lives in the porta-shitter outside. the 'murican reichwing, it's lack of morals and it's raw idiocy is what bothers me, more than any 'terrorist' ever could. low standards dipshit.

impeaching that pos won't accomplish a thing, perhaps, to the contrary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

impeaching that pos won't accomplish a thing, perhaps, to the contrary.

It depends on your expectation. If you are expecting conviction, justice and closure. No, that won’t happen. Republicans won’t convict regardless of facts. If you are expecting the light of day, you’ll get that. US vs Nixon basically says executive privilege isn’t going to shield an impeachment proceeding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Democrats in the House truly believe, in their heart of hearts, that Trump has obstructed justice, then they owe it to their own constituents to press the case.  One good witness is all it will take to sway public opinion and Trump will be gone. That's it.  One.

I don't think Democrats in the House believe that in their heart of hearts.  I think they like the politics of this and democrats have found their 'Repeal and Replace!" battle cry.  They don't want this to go away - it's good for fund raising.  It's getting too close to the general election and the threat is more effective as a political tool than the facts are as a legal argument.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

D7yv71PU8AAZhgj.jpg:large

Like most memes, this one forgets basic facts.

Like, Trumps obstruction & lying about Moscow real estate deals during the campaign, his team’s falsification of national security documents and private chats with Putin’s buds predate any investigation.

So this effort ranks a “nope” from the informed crowd, yet an honorable mention for bringing up such a patriotic image as a Wyoming farmer.

So, half a golf clap, which isn’t bad given your usual drivel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

If the Democrats in the House truly believe, in their heart of hearts, that Trump has obstructed justice, then they owe it to their own constituents to press the case.  One good witness is all it will take to sway public opinion and Trump will be gone. That's it.  One.

I don't think Democrats in the House believe that in their heart of hearts.  I think they like the politics of this and democrats have found their 'Repeal and Replace!" battle cry.  They don't want this to go away - it's good for fund raising.  It's getting too close to the general election and the threat is more effective as a political tool than the facts are as a legal argument.

 

I think Trump would get impeached for farting by the lunatic left, while they only need a simple majority to get that done a party line vote to impeach would have some pretty bad optics (Nancy's fear). But even if kids in congress did, it'll never get the 2/3rds in the Senate where the grown ups are needed to convict and remove. So much like Bill Clinton It'll die in the Senate and be seen for the farce it is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

you guys realize that the only ones really talking about impeachment are tRump and his minions, like you, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

you guys realize that the only ones really talking about impeachment are tRump and his minions, like you, right?

You couldn't be more wrong. 41 DEM congress critters have signed on. Take a look at CNN, MSNBC et al. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

You couldn't be more wrong. 41 DEM congress critters have signed on. Take a look at CNN, MSNBC et al. 

41 of how many again?

And I'd rather not pay attention to news orgs that are funded by adverts, thank you very much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

If the Democrats in the House truly believe, in their heart of hearts, that Trump has obstructed justice, then they owe it to their own constituents to press the case.  One good witness is all it will take to sway public opinion and Trump will be gone. That's it.  One.

I don't think Democrats in the House believe that in their heart of hearts.  I think they like the politics of this and democrats have found their 'Repeal and Replace!" battle cry.  They don't want this to go away - it's good for fund raising.  It's getting too close to the general election and the threat is more effective as a political tool than the facts are as a legal argument.

 

I think this idea of wanting to keep it alive while not actually doing anything is bad for them in the long term. They are looking like spoilt children unable to decide what they want but demanding it anyway. They need to move on and stop giving Trump the oxygen he needs. Get behind a leader and go for policies people can support. Carrying on this way will be the best way to ensure Trump gets a second term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gissie said:

I think this idea of wanting to keep it alive while not actually doing anything is bad for them in the long term. They are looking like spoilt children unable to decide what they want but demanding it anyway. They need to move on and stop giving Trump the oxygen he needs. Get behind a leader and go for policies people can support. Carrying on this way will be the best way to ensure Trump gets a second term. 

uh, no. 20% of the caucus wants to pursue it. that means 80% does not. The D Caucus is not "demanding" it. 

That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it's a long way FROM happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

What news organizations are not funded by advertising? 

NPR - well, kinda like advertising but not so directly

BBC

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

uh, no. 20% of the caucus wants to pursue it. that means 80% does not. The D Caucus is not "demanding" it. 

That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it's a long way FROM happening.

My concern is that dems in general keep on and on about impeachment. The caucas would do well to either go for it or shut down any such conversation. Nancy had a bit of a shot at it but got no support. At the moment the whole dem group are looking petulant, not a good look if you want to prove you deserve to run the country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gissie said:

My concern is that dems in general keep on and on about impeachment. The caucas would do well to either go for it or shut down any such conversation. Nancy had a bit of a shot at it but got no support. At the moment the whole dem group are looking petulant, not a good look if you want to prove you deserve to run the country. 

You make it sound like Nancy has control over her back-benchers. Since when has that EVER been true of the Democrat party?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You make it sound like Nancy has control over her back-benchers. Since when has that EVER been true of the Democrat party?

Not suggesting this, just that it would have been better if some of the backbenchers had listened and thought about it rather than grandstanding. 

To beat Trump they need to get back to the day job, looking like they know how to run a country rather than just scream and stamping their feet. Otherwise it will definitely be four more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They can continue this impeachment folly or minimize the damage and do a bunch of good stuff that insures there in a winning position for 2020 

It looks like they will continue the folly and put 2020 up in the Air

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tommays said:

They can continue this impeachment folly or minimize the damage and do a bunch of good stuff that insures there in a winning position for 2020 

It looks like they will continue the folly and put 2020 up in the Air

Democrats can't actually "Do a bunch of good stuff" when the Senate won't put any Democratic sponsored bills up for a vote. Bitch McConnell has Nancy by the short hairs, and he knows it, and he's going to keep using his power to do as much damage as he can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tommays said:

They can continue this impeachment folly or minimize the damage and do a bunch of good stuff that insures there in a winning position for 2020 

It looks like they will continue the folly and put 2020 up in the Air

You know every reps main job is to represent their constituents, right? I would guess that there quite a few districts that want tRump gone, any way possible. I think they should represent their district.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Impeachment hearings should and maybe is the real goal, not impeachment. That would give them a pretty strong legal argument to get the courts to over-ride Trump's dismissal of subpoenas in a timely matter...as in before Nov of next year. Lacking that Trump might be able to block it until well after that.  

   They should get Trump's actual financial situation...and that's likely to be a hoot. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to thing impeachment hearings are premature. The spectacle would suck up all available oxygen. Maybe they should wait while Trump marinates in a host of other pending legal battles. Wikipedia has a handy list growing by the day it seems -

 

The following is a list of notable lawsuits involving United States President Donald Trump. The list excludes cases naming the president as a matter of course, including habeas corpus requests.

 

 

ListEdit

Learn more
 
This section needs expansion

 

 

See alsoEdit

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Exactly. Trump has more rope floating around him than anyone ever.

He will hang himself, it's just a matter of time.

The least stinky alternative will emerge at the end.

Leave trump alone long enough he will incriminate himself telling the whole world via twitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Sen. Kamala Harris, the state’s junior senator and a presidential contestant, set the fist-shaking tone early on.

“Democrats, we have a fight on our hands,” she said, “and it’s a fight for who we are as a people. It’s a fight for the highest ideals or our nation. And Democrats, with this president, it’s a fight for truth itself.”

She brought delegates to their feet declaring, “We need to begin impeachment proceedings and we need a new commander in chief” — a view not shared by the speaker of the House, San Francisco Rep.Nancy Pelosi, who spoke a short time earlier.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...