If it's Friday, It's Time For Another Shooting

badlatitude

Breaking: Eleven people were killed in shooting in Virginia Beach, police said. They say the suspect is also deceased.

Shots were fired in the Virginia Beach municipal complex Friday afternoon, injuring multiple people, according to the police department. They said one person was in custody.

A Tweet from the police said they think the shooter acted alone. There were no immediate reports on the conditions of the victims.

City Councilman Aaron Rouse Tweeted, “Pray for our City!”

A woman who works in the Public Works building where the shooting occurred said she and about 20 co-workers barricaded themselves in offices with desks. The woman, Megan Banton, told Channel 13 NewsNow that she could hear gunshots and police officers screaming for people to “get down.”

“I just don’t know why anyone would do something like that,” Banton told the station. “I don’t know what would possess somebody to come in and just start shooting at people.”

Virginia Beach Master Police Officer Allen Perry said officers were called to the Public Works building 2, which is in the municipal complex, for a report of shots fired. A specific time was not immediately available. The complex contains about 25 buildings.

“We are working to contain the scene at this point,” Perry said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/police-respond-to-shooting-at-virginia-beach-municipal-complex/2019/05/31/49dca07a-83e6-11e9-933d-7501070ee669_story.html?utm_term=.0b8b1d41638d

Beat me to it I posted in the AW thread.

Most likely an AR 15 as police say it could have been much worse.  Tom will be along to offer thought and prayers of doing something.

Glad he’s dead.

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Beat me to it I posted in the AW thread.

Most likely an AR 15 as police say it could have been much worse.  Tom will be along to offer thought and prayers of doing something.

Glad he’s dead.

Tom is dead? Doesn't that require a 21 gun salute?

20 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I hope our buddy Doghouse is alright. 

Indeed. It happened in Public Utilities, disgruntled former engineer. I know and work with all these people hand in hand.

First time my mom has had to text me during one of the fucking things amd ask where I was. Christ. 

4 minutes ago, doghouse said:

Indeed. It happened in Public Utilities, disgruntled former engineer. I know and work with all these people hand in hand.

First time my mom has had to text me during one of the fucking things amd ask where I was. Christ. 

Glad you’re alright. Dammit this shit is getting old. 

and..there it is front and center on all media outlets. welcome to the new normal.

god bless 'merika

20 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

and..there it is front and center on all media outlets. welcome to the new normal.

god bless 'merika

Coming soon, hourly shooting reports. Maybe we should get a dedicated news station to cover them.

12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Coming soon, hourly shooting reports. Maybe we should get a dedicated news station to cover them.

circus maximus.

nah , ban nothing .

give ALL 'mericans more guns and the RTW will speak with the last man standing .

get on with it .

10 minutes ago, Mike G said:

THEY had heartbeats.

Isn't it odd that we needed to declare a national emergency to sell guns to Saudi Arabia so they could kill and terrorize Yemeni's? yet declaring a national emergency to address our own gun problem is out of line.

47 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Fuck'em, they were already born. They only care about the reborn.

once you clear the birth canal you become a sinner 'n shit. makes perfect sense.

18 minutes ago, Mid said:

anyway , this was just one of four today ...................................

Anything under 10 victims is not really newsworthy anymore. Virtually all these atrocities are perpetrated by born 'n bred true blue Americans. Hardly any Muslim or Mexican immigrants murdering crowds of innocents. 

I guess they just don't appreciate their 2nd Amendment rights.  

18 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

prohibition advocates who early on figured out that demonizing drug users was the way to solve their problems, guaranteeing that no one actually worked to address the real issues. 

Well said and a good reason why about 20% of the posts in this thread are not about the topic but are about me.

9 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Could be like the 6 o’clock news, when they gave daily casualty reports during Vietnam. 

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Could be like the 6 o’clock news, when they gave daily casualty reports during Vietnam. 

Or during the Iranian hostage situation where Nightline began its nightly program with “day xxx of America held hostage.”

1 hour ago, Importunate Tom said:

Well said and a good reason why about 20% of the posts in this thread are not about the topic but are about me.

Hi dogballs, why the surprise? 

You did something. You worked hard to make it about you, in your narcissism. Your name and your antics are now associated with mass shootings.  

1 hour ago, Importunate Tom said:

Go back and read what Clean wrote, think long and hard about it, and hopefully you will see where you went wrong.

This isn’t about a people problem, it’s not a mental health problem.  We (the US) don’t have a monopoly on those issues. It’s a gun problem.  Tom is here daily to remind us of that daily.

3 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Seeing yourself as 20% of the topic is not sufficiently monomaniacal. You can do better.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I posted that as tongue-in-cheek but posting every wounded person's name, or the location, is actually a pretty good idea. 

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I posted that as tongue-in-cheek but posting every wounded person's name, or the location, is actually a pretty good idea. 

indeed , shock value is worth a try as nothing else is getting through .

37 minutes ago, Mid said:

indeed , shock value is worth a try as nothing else is getting through .

I recall a website that tried to keep track of individual shootings but gave up as the reporting was too spotty and the statistics were never picked up by a statewide agency. I believe that was engineered by the NRA to keep this kind of thing from happening.

18 hours ago, Mid said:

nah , ban nothing .

give ALL 'mericans more guns and the RTW will speak with the last man standing .

get on with it .

Meh. You could just take the warning labels off of everything and the Trumpaszees and gun strokers will sort themselves out.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Meh. You could just take the warning labels off of everything and the Trumpaszees and gun strokers will sort themselves out.

Jeff is on record as being a big believer in Darwinism. It's kind of a Burn This Bitch Down corollary.

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:
6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Jeff is on record as being a big believer in Darwinism. It's a Burn This Bitch Down corollary.

At least in the Warning Label Apocalypse we wouldn't get caught in the crossfire, unless someone burns down the building we're in trying to make toast in the shower.

27 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's a fact.

VALRICO, Florida — A man in Valrico is facing a manslaughter charge after deputies say he accidentally shot and killed a woman during an act of foreplay.

Andrew Shinault, 23, shot the woman in her upper body with his registered hand gun around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday. Deputies say the two were engaging in an act of foreplay involving the gun.

By: Emily McCain

items.[0].image.alt

The woman, in her 20s, was taken to Brandon Regional Hospital where she later died.

Shinault was charged with manslaughter with a weapon on Friday. He was booked into the Orient Road Jail on a $50,000 bond

https://www.wkbw.com/news/national/florida-man-accidentally-shoots-kills-woman-during-foreplay-deputies-say?fbclid=IwAR2mt34oykfdJx--1DoG7gcjGFMDw8EhRSLEbaXEE4ypwioO6eWzx9mxMrc

I would not want to live in a place where any fuckwit can get tooled up with  serious firepower, thanks to massive industrial and political vested interest, all because a couple of hundred years ago a new country didn't have an army ready in case the British decided to have another go.

8 minutes ago, Happy said:

I would not want to live in a place where any fuckwit can get tooled up with  serious firepower, thanks to massive industrial and political vested interest, all because a couple of hundred years ago a new country didn't have an army ready in case the British decided to have another go.

I wouldn't want to live in a place where hoplophobic grabbers are confiscating museum collections.

Nor a place where non-readers think they are doing it because the museums are displaying operable firearms.

8 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

I wouldn't want to live in a place

no shortage of dead who would like to live .

28 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

I wouldn't want to live in a place where hoplophobic grabbers are confiscating museum collections.

I'd rather live with our stupid than your stupid. 

Not many people here want to look at old guns from old wars, but everybody here appreciates not having innocents and schoolkids massacred in large numbers every week or two. 

Has Trump bothered to tweet thoughts and prayers? 

38 minutes ago, Happy said:

Not many people here want to look at old guns from old wars, but everybody here appreciates not having innocents and schoolkids massacred in large numbers every week or two. 

You seemed to think displaying old guns with firing pins removed was OK back in that other thread, right up until I pointed out what readers already knew: that they WERE displaying them with firing pins removed.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, Happy said:

Removing (and separately storing) the firing pin would work for most if not all old weapons. No big deal. 

I am somewhat surprised that this wasn't a requirement years ago. Displaying working military hardware to the public would tempt the occasional fuckwit. As posted above, grenades and bombs are not displayed live.

27 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

The reason it has dropped off the front page has less to do with ethnicity and political affiliation and more to do with "business as usual".

I will chime in and say the same thing the next time a white Christian male does this.

11 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

You seemed to think displaying old guns with firing pins removed was OK back in that other thread, right up until I pointed out what readers already knew: that they WERE displaying them with firing pins removed.

I basically don't give a fuck about displays of old guns. If the authorities overreact in removing them, so be it. No big loss to anyone. If someone wants to know all about the WW2 Bren, all the info is available without having one in a glass case.

The point under discussion is the ability of any American to massacre large numbers of innocents, thanks to your gun culture. 

Are the deaths a worthwhile price to pay so that you can feel macho while fondling your own unneeded guns?

I thought weekly shootings were supposed to be on Tuesdays.....

37 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

Another example of a liberal blaming his plight on everyone else.  Guns don't kill, liberals do.

You seem to be rather selective in who is doing the murdering.

There something wrong with you if you associate "liberal" with "white extremist".  If you do, I'd suggest you pay attention to reality.

1 hour ago, Happy said:

I basically don't give a fuck about displays of old guns. If the authorities overreact in removing them, so be it. No big loss to anyone. If someone wants to know all about the WW2 Bren, all the info is available without having one in a glass case.

The point under discussion is the ability of any American to massacre large numbers of innocents, thanks to your gun culture. 

Are the deaths a worthwhile price to pay so that you can feel macho while fondling your own unneeded guns?

Noble and necessary sacrifices to our 2nd amendment rights!  ;)

Thats how sick it is....

Maybe it’s the Ghosts of the Aztecs?  Sacrifices and all....

5 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

Are you saying he was a "white extremist" also?  From what I read he resigned from his job that morning but wa in good standing with the company.  He went thru a divorce in 2017 I think.  He was also a veteran.  

No.  You are saying "Guns don't kill, liberals do."  I am pointing out you are full of shit.

White Christian men are more likely to commit mass murder by shooting than any other group.  

6 hours ago, Happy said:

well any takers ?

22 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

As a nation, we decided people kill, not guns. 

What a totally idiotic statement. 

If the Las Vegas shooter had attacked the crowd with a baseball bat or a steak knife, there would not be 50+ dead and hundreds injured.

The unfortunate truth is that the USA's gun enthusiasts don't really give a fuck how many children and innocents get murdered, as long as they can have their own guns to play with.

9 hours ago, Happy said:

That was the point Obama was just lying about in Brazil! I guess lots of your fellow non-readers buy into it.

I don't share your "so be it" attitude toward nonsensical confiscation of property that was unlikely to harm anyone.

9 hours ago, Happy said:

No, I just don't share your "so be it" attitude toward nonsensical confiscation of property that was unlikely to harm anyone. That goes for our TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs too. I'm just not a prohibition fan and think it causes more problems than it solves.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Some folks think about the lives snuffed out and the loved ones left behind... some folks wanna Talk toothpicks again. 

Pointing to victims (most of whom seem to be drug war victims) without bothering to examine SOLutions is pretty pointless. Have you developed an opinion on the SOLution yet?

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Once we decided, as a nation, that 20 dead elementary school kids was an acceptable price to pay for our gun fetish, it was over.

Endlessly repeating this strawman won't make it true.

You sometimes seem reasonable. Do you really think the opposition to TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs is because people are OK with killing school kids? Do you believe, as the Huff Post does, that those kids were victims of domestic violence? I think both assertions are nonsense.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:03 AM, Fakenews said:

Most likely an AR 15

Gaytor, I love that you never fail to be wrong.  You're as consistent as the sunrise.  It was true before and Its carried across nicely to this sock as well.  Delicious.

23 hours ago, Happy said:

Good.  Feel free to exercise your right to stay the fuck out!

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Once we decided, as a nation, that 20 dead elementary school kids was an acceptable price to pay for our gun fetish privacy and due process rights, it was over.

FTFY.  When you guys are willing to infringe on the rights of potentially dangerous, mentally ill folks - then I will believe you're serious about doing something about the problem.  You know damn well that the vast majority of the mass shootings of late could have been easily prevented by infringing on the privacy and due process protections of known mentally unstable people.  Newtown, Aurora, Gabby Giffords, VA Tech, Navy Yard, MSD, and many others all involved known mentally unstable people who couldn't even be approached by the authorities because of privacy and due process rights.  But FUCK YOU, 4th/5th Amendment!   Right?

Yeah, it would suck for the millions of mentally ill folks who are not a threat and will never be a threat..... just as it sucks for the millions of gun owners who are not a threat and will never be a threat.  

3 hours ago, Mid said:
10 hours ago, Happy said:

The point under discussion is the ability of any American to massacre large numbers of innocents, thanks to your gun culture Bill of Rights. 

well any takers ?

Another post corrected for basic errors.  You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:
9 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Once we decided, as a nation, that 20 dead elementary school kids was an acceptable price to pay for our gun fetish privacy and due process rights, it was over.

FTFY.  When you guys are willing to infringe on the rights of potentially dangerous, mentally ill folks - then I will believe you're serious about doing something about the problem.  You know damn well that the vast majority of the mass shootings of late could have been easily prevented by infringing on the privacy and due process protections of known mentally unstable people.  Newtown, Aurora, Gabby Giffords, VA Tech, Navy Yard, MSD, and many others all involved known mentally unstable people who couldn't even be approached by the authorities because of privacy and due process rights.  But FUCK YOU, 4th/5th Amendment!   Right?

Yeah, it would suck for the millions of mentally ill folks who are not a threat and will never be a threat..... just as it sucks for the millions of gun owners who are not a threat and will never be a threat.  

THIS is a fucking fetish. What is this guy expecting to happen to him in the freaking supermarket that requires three guns?  He's not exactly having any "privacy" issues here, is he?

Look at him. This guy's entire existence, his manhood, is defined by his guns. That is a fetish and has fuck-all to do with self defense or privacy.

image.thumb.png.e3e81620a2544eaa64792a96cd0e4c20.png

You gun strokers have decided that your "privacy" is worth more than the safety and well being of other people's children.

Now own it.

The rest of us will have to act accordingly to assure the safety of our families and kids. Since you lot will not be reasonable and even acknowledge there is a problem, never mind participate in fixing it, you may not be happy with how this goes down in the long run.

Too bad, you had your chance but you sided with the "Cold, Dead Hands" crowd.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:
4 hours ago, Mid said:
11 hours ago, Happy said:

The point under discussion is the ability of any American to massacre large numbers of innocents, thanks to your gun culture Bill of Rights. dubious ruling on a picky point of law.

well any takers ?

Another post corrected for basic errors.  You're welcome.

Everyone can play this. It's fun!

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

THIS is a fucking fetish. What is this guy expecting to happen to him in the freaking supermarket that requires three guns?  He's not exactly having any "privacy" issues here, is he?

Look at him. This guy's entire existence, his manhood, is defined by his guns. That is a fetish and has fuck-all to do with self defense or privacy.

You gun strokers have decided that your "privacy" is worth more than the safety and well being of other people's children.

Now own it.

The rest of us will have to act accordingly to assure the safety of our families and kids. Since you lot will not be reasonable and even acknowledge there is a problem, never mind participate in fixing it, you may not be happy with how this goes down in the long run.

Oh Fuk awf, BJ. I don’t “own” anything just because you say so and I didn’t miss any chances. That yahoo in your pic doesn’t represent all gun owners any more than jeffrey Dhamer represents all mentally ill filks.   And as much as that yahoo in the pic offends you (he offends me too BTW) - is not the typical type guy shooting most folks up everyday in the US. If you want to play that game, here is a pic of the folks who ARE causing the vast majority of the gun deaths. 

eX1YJDBEqyHIeTHVOJLulCOU5e17Na2QB6EVIlMU

I see you completely ignored my assertion that they way to address the violence problem is to infringe on peoples privacy and due process rights. YOU are the one who is fine with dead children if you are not willing to go door to door in South side Shitcago, Baltimore ans East St Louis to round up all the illegal guns. Because that is the only way it’s going to stop. This is on YOU  own it  

Or maybe you only care about white children?    I guess the Darkies in the ghettos can kill each other all day as long as your fragile sensibilities are not offended by that fat gun-toting rednexk in your picture. 

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Oh Fuk awf, BJ. I don’t “own” anything just because you say so and I didn’t miss any chances. That yahoo in your pic doesn’t represent all gun owners any more than jeffrey Dhamer represents all mentally ill filks.   And as much as that yahoo in the pic offends you (he offends me too BTW) - is not the typical type guy shooting most folks up everyday in the US. If you want to play that game, here is a pic of the folks who ARE causing the vast majority of the gun deaths. 

I see you completely ignored my assertion that they way to address the violence problem is to infringe on peoples privacy and due process rights. YOU are the one who is fine with dead children if you are not willing to go door to door in South side Shitcago, Baltimore ans East St Louis to round up all the illegal guns. Because that is the only way it’s going to stop. This is on YOU  own it  

Or maybe you only care about white children?    I guess the Darkies in the ghettos can kill each other all day as long as your fragile sensibilities are not offended by that fat gun-toting rednexk in your picture. 

Bad trigger discipline with the shotgun as well.

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Now own it.

Like most gun owners he’s either terrified, mentally ill, a bully or all three.

It’s,

SAD!

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Now own it.

I saw that picture with the caption “Damn, Dude. Leave some second amendment for the rest of us.” 

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So...you're only for collecting guns from the black people then?

Two can play this game, asshole.

12 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Good.  Feel free to exercise your right to stay the fuck out!

Why would I want to risk my life by visiting the US? If I don't get shot by drug gangs or police, some random nutter with a legal arsenal could kill me. I would also have to eat American food, which doesn't appeal at all.

As a polite guest, I would have to keep my mouth shut when encountering raving Trump supporters and evangelical loonies. The stress induced by not telling  them what stupid cunts they are would give me a headache and spoil my day.

I can enjoy the finest bits of your culture by reading and listening to music safely at home in Australia, where basically everything is better than anywhere else.

(Note: By Australia, I actually mean Queensland. I wouldn't live in a hellhole like Sydney if you paid me.)

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

Why would I want to risk my life by visiting the US? If I don't get shot by drug gangs or police, some random nutter with a legal arsenal could kill me. I would also have to eat American food, which doesn't appeal at all.

As a polite guest, I would have to keep my mouth shut when encountering raving Trump supporters and evangelical loonies. The stress induced by not telling  them what stupid cunts they are would give me a headache and spoil my day.

I can enjoy the finest bits of your culture by reading and listening to music safely at home in Australia, where basically everything is better than anywhere else.

Nice stereo typing. 

12 minutes ago, Happy said:

(Note: By Australia, I actually mean Queensland. I wouldn't live in a hellhole like Sydney if you paid me.)

American food is pretty damn good.  You have obviously not traveled here.

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

American food is pretty damn good.  You have obviously not traveled here.

I find I can get the best Italian, Japanese, Indian, Korean, etc here in the US.

The american food? not so good.

In America, you can get fantastic Italian, French, Japanese, Mexican, whatever. 

"American food" to me is corn starch with chemicals, cheese from a spraycan, BBQ with 116 different spices, and the horrors of industrial fast food. That shit is killing you in vastly bigger numbers than random gun violence.

Edit: Razr beat me to it by seconds!

Great seafood, BBQ, roasted pork, braised meats, duck poultry and of course steak in my neck of the woods.  Usually not too pricey. All other types of food as well. Usually cooked by Americans.

16 minutes ago, Happy said:

Should you decide to come and visit the United States, you should know that there's a strong correlation between Shitstain supporting Red States and damn, those assholes can't cook worth a fuck. The one exception to this rule would be New Orleans in otherwise brain dead Louisiana; NOLO is actually an occupied Caribbean city. You'll notice that these Red States are mostly in the interior, sort of our crazy uncle in the attic but what we call the flyover states because you really only want to fly over them on the way from and to some place interesting.

Provided below is a handy map suitable for reference purposes. Hope this helps.

image.png.b99b51c0b2b6496dee8ca106940041a0.png

Just now, Olsonist said:

Should you decide to come and visit the United States, you should know that there's a strong correlation between Shitstain supporting Red States and damn, those assholes can't cook worth a fuck. The one exception to this rule would be New Orleans in otherwise brain dead Louisiana; NOLO is actually an occupied Caribbean city. You'll notice that these Red States are mostly in the interior, sort of our crazy uncle in the attic but what we call the flyover states because you really only want to fly over them on the way from and to some place interesting.

The flaw there is Minnesota, other than a few spots in Mpls/St Paul is a food desert. Unless you like white.  They have some pretty good caramel rolls.

Just now, Fakenews said:

Usually cooked by Americans.

More likely cooked by someone whose family roots lie South of the border. 

Back to Guns: I wonder if the big dude shopping with three handguns ever got laid without paying for it? Seems doubtful.

37 minutes ago, Happy said:

Thanks, I quite enjoyed it myself. Sometimes grotesque exaggeration helps make the point.

Well you succeeded on the last part, a shame you didn’t get the sarcasm in the first post. 

45 minutes ago, mad said:

Well you succeeded on the last part, a shame you didn’t get the sarcasm in the first post. 

Thanks. I'm still trying to imagine the sound of stereo typing. Left hand left channel, right hand right channel. You'd need two microphones and some serious baffles to separate the sounds. You'd also need a manual typewriter.

Would sound a bit like a 180-degree wall of automatic gunfire.

2 hours ago, Happy said:

Thanks. I'm still trying to imagine the sound of stereo typing. Left hand left channel, right hand right channel. You'd need two microphones and some serious baffles to separate the sounds. You'd also need a manual typewriter.

Would sound a bit like a 180-degree wall of automatic gunfire.

Not very good stereo, I'm afraid.

apparently the answer is yes .

1 hour ago, Mid said:

apparently the answer is yes .

Until the number of citizens (including responsible farmers, hunters, sport shooters, cops, military) demanding major changes outnumbers the gun lovers and the ones who just don't give a shit, there will be no change at all.

Maybe put the price of ammo up to $5,000 a round?

13 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

eX1YJDBEqyHIeTHVOJLulCOU5e17Na2QB6EVIlMUSo...you're only for collecting guns from the black people then?

Two can play this game, asshole.

There were white people in the other side of the pic.  See..... I'm an equal opportunity asshole. :lol:

Edit to add:  However, I'm more than happy to round up gunz from white folk who are shooting up their neighborhoods on a daily basis, routinely kill bystander kids in gang war crossfire and terrorize their neighbors and force young kids into their gangs.  Please point out to me where these places exist and I'll add it to my list of house to house search zones.  Thanks.  

12 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Yep, its also easily color coded for where the majority of the gun crimes and violence are happening.  The dark blue ones are the ones to avoid.  The light blue and purple states are quickly catching up in terms of gun crime.  In fact if you want an even more granular look at places to avoid gun crime, try here as there are blue pockets within red states that have huge gun crime rates.  

2016nationwidecountymapshadedbyvoteshare

@Happy Seriously, if you stay out of the blue areas - you will be perfectly safe in the US.  

2 blocks from my house, not a good day for us here. When I heard the sirens I thought it was the usual Friday afternoon fender bender. My neighbor was in the basement and made it out. 

Archived