I Wish Our President Was Like This, Instead of an Orange Shitstain

badlatitude

Mexico City, May 30, 2019 

President Donald Trump, 

I am aware of your latest position in regard to Mexico. In advance, I express to you that I don’t want confrontation. The peoples and nations that we represent deserve that we resort to dialogue and act with prudence and responsibility, in the face of any conflict in our relations, serious as it may be. 

The greatest President of Mexico, Benito Juárez, maintained excellent relations with the Republican hero, Abraham Lincoln. Later, when Mexico nationalized its oil resources and industry, Democratic President Franklin D, Roosevelt understood the profound reasons that led our patriotic President Lázaro Cárdenas to act in favor of our sovereignty. By the way, President Roosevelt was a titan of freedom who proclaimed the four fundamental rights of man: the right to freedom of speech; the right to freedom of religion; the right to live free from fear; and the right to live free from misery. 

With this in mind, we frame our policy on immigration. Human beings do not leave their villages for pleasure but out of necessity. That’s why, from the beginning of my government, I proposed opting for cooperation in development and aid for the Central American countries with productive investments to create jobs and resolve this painful situation. 

You also know that we are fulfilling our responsibility to prevent, as much as possible and without violating human rights, any passage of the persons concerned through our country. It is worth remembering that - in a short time, Mexicans will not need to go to the United States and that migration will be optional, not forced. This is because we are fighting, like never before, the main problem in Mexico, corruption. And, in this way, our country will attain a powerful social dimension. Our countrymen will be able to work and be happy where they were born, where their families, their customs and their cultures are. 

President Trump, social problems are not resolved by tariffs or coercive measures like turning a neighboring country overnight into a ghetto, an enclosed place for the migrants of the world, where they’re stigmatized, abused, persecuted, and excluded and the right to justice is denied to those who seek to work and to live free from want. The Statue of Liberty is not an empty symbol. 

With all due respect, although you have the sovereign right to say it, the slogan "United States First" is a fallacy because universal justice and fraternity will prevail until the end of time, even over national borders. 

Specifically, citizen President, I propose to deepen our dialogue, and seek alternatives to the immigration problem. And, please remember that I do not lack courage, that I am not cowardly or timorous, but that I act on principles. I believe that politics was invented to avoid confrontation and war, among other things. I do not believe in the Law of Talon, in a 'tooth for a tooth' or an 'eye for an eye' because, if we practiced it, we would all be toothless and one-eyed. I believe that as statesmen and even more so as patriots, we are obliged to seek peaceful solutions to controversies and to practice the beautiful ideal of non-violence, forever. 

Finally, I suggest that you instruct your officials, if it doesn’t cause any inconvenience. that they attend to representatives of our government, headed by the Secretary of Foreign Relations, who will be in Washington tomorrow to reach an agreement for the benefit of our two nations. 

Nothing by force. Everything by reason and human rights. 

Your friend, 

Andrés Manuel López Obrador 

President of México 

https://lopezobrador.org.mx/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/30-05-2019-Carta-al-presidente-Trump.pdf 

Yes, nice, but he should have made an action-filled video. Trump doesn’t read, has no patience for staff to read to him, nor will FOX broadcast it. 

34 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

So sounds like tariffs might cause a strong reaction from the other side.

whoddathunkit?

They are destined for an even stronger reaction from this side.

Edit to add: Everyone knows how small business works if prices go up, they will take the ride for a quick profit. Everyone will pay.

"Retail giant Costco says it will likely have to raise prices due to the ongoing trade war between the U.S. and China. 

USA Today reports that Costco's chief financial officer, Richard Galanti, said during an earnings call with investors that the company is hoping it does not need to raise prices, but is preparing to do so after new tariffs were announced this month between the two nations. 

“At the end of the day, prices will go up on things,’’ Galanti said. “We’re hopeful the ebbs and flows of the relations between our countries improves in that regard.’’

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/finance/international-taxes/446444-costco-warns-prices-will-go-up-due-to-new-tariffs 

Now, this:

Trump moves to strip India of special trade status

he Trump administration announced Friday that it would no longer permit India to have special trade status. 

The White House will cut off special treatment of India, which is currently exempt from billions in tariffs, on June 5, The New York Times reported. The notice of the change asserted that India did not allow the U.S. “equitable and reasonable access to its markets.” 

The administration will also tax Indian solar panels and washers, according to The Times, halting an exemption that India and other countries obtained. 

A Saturday statement from India's Ministry of Commerce called the development "unfortunate," saying that the country tried to offer the U.S. ways to move forward. 

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/finance/trade/446461-trump-administration-strips-india-of-special-trade-status 

Costco's customers will get hit in the wallet. The company will write off any losses as tax deductions and the US will get hit in the wallet.

It's nice that there are still some fucking morons that don't understand economics...... I'd get bored if everyone were smarter than I.

1 hour ago, Troglodytarum said:

Yet where nothing about the economics of supporting millions of unskilled migrants and their families, nor the burden on our health care and school systems supporting them, nor the billions upon billions of US dollars that get sent back.

It would be OK if those unskilled migrants were white, of course. If they were really stupid as well, they'd fit right in.

Just now, Troglodytarum said:

there you go again tossing out racism allegations.

Glad you don't bother to deny the stupidity part.

I'm an old bloke, I've lived in many different countries and dealt with fuckwits of every stripe. In my experience the racist's rants always start with "I'm not racist, but...…"

10 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

immigrants are a net benefit.

tariffs are taxes on us consumers

the "trade deficit" is structural as long as deficit spending exists.

The TrumpTards will not understand your last statement.

1 minute ago, Troglodytarum said:

So, if we let every S. American in without restriction,  it would still be a benefit?

Sure.

We'll just move to all the empty free land down there.. WINNING!!

-DSK

Trump is exactly like the 12yo kid (small dick and all) who starts a fire in a vacant lot, realizes it is out of control, puts it out, and then wants to heralded as a hero.  He's running out of issues he can run on and will back off on Mexico and settle with China very quickly otherwise, what does he have except some cocksuckers like Trog and Macdonald who are too stupid to read/comprehend.

6 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Yes, nice, but he should have made an action-filled video. Trump doesn’t read, has no patience for staff to read to him, nor will FOX broadcast it. 

sadly true , talk about raining on a parade :(

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

what does he have except some cocksuckers like Trog and Macdonald who are too stupid to read/comprehend.

Yeah but he has millions of them.

Archived