I wonder if The Chosen One will attend?

Personally I can't think of a better opportunity for the G6 to have a few tete a tete s about building a Wall.

Perhaps he'll send Ivanka.

The G6 should invite China to the next meeting and tell Trump he can go golfing. He would prefer that anyways and Xi has become the most important and influential person in the work in any case.

• Like 1

Perhaps they'll agree to a joint taskforce for bushfires in the Amazon'

Today The chosen One has pledged support to Brazil, so that should be fine until tomorrow.

Of course, he only did this to piss off Macron.

Perhaps we should let children vote..They'd do a better job.

Trump offers Brazil help with Amazon fires

By MATTHEW CHOI

08/23/2019 06:51 PM EDT

President Donald Trump offered Friday to help Brazil contain forest fires raging in the Amazon rain forest, putting him at odds with a key ally going into the weekend's G7 meeting.

"Just spoke with President @JairBolsonaro of Brazil. Our future Trade prospects are very exciting and our relationship is strong, perhaps stronger than ever before. I told him if the United States can help with the Amazon Rainforest fires, we stand by ready to assist!" Trump tweeted Friday evening. Bolsonaro retweeted Trump on Friday.

The goodwill message comes after reports of French President Emmanuel Macron's plans to oppose a long-anticipated trade deal involving Brazil as a result of President Jair Bolsonaro's role in deforestation in his country.

Bolsonaro — a right-wing populist who has repeatedly moved to undermine his country's environmental protections — has advocated reclaiming the Amazon to exploit its natural resources. He has blamed without evidence advocacy groups of starting the fires to soil his name.

Macron said on Twitter that he wanted to discuss the fires during this weekend's G7 summit in France. Brazil is not a member of the exclusive group, and Bolsonaro said on Twitter that the idea of the G7 discussing his country's domestic affairs was "colonialist."

Well that didn't take long. Trump was hoping for an opportunity to have a politely chained audience to blow hard about...himself.

Senior aides in Donald Trump’s entourage have accused the G7 host and French president, Emmanuel Macron, of seeking to embarrass his US counterpart by making the summit focus on “niche issues” such as climate change, according to multiple US media reports.

Macron’s plan to heal divisions among G7 leaders in Biarritz this weekend apparently did not factor in the need to keep Trump’s aides happy too, a group that began briefing against him within hours of Trump’s arrival.

The spark for the fuse appeared to be lunch. Macron whisked the US president away for an impromptu meal for two on an oceanfront terrace at the Hotel du Palais. Trump initially appeared frosty but later called it “the best meeting we have yet had”.

****(Tweet Inserted by me)

((Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago

More

France and President @EmmanuelMacron have done a really great job thus far with a very important G-7. Lunch with Emmanuel was the best meeting we have yet had. Likewise, evening meeting with World Leaders went very well. Progress being made!)

3,649 replies6,523 retweets27,702 likes

3655.jpg?width=460&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e7bbf3258106d5102a4edc45b74e575c

Senior administration officials quoted by the New York Times among others were not so sure, complaining the summit had moved from core issues such as global economics and trade to “niche issues” such as climate change, gender equality and development in Africa. The topics were chosen to appeal to Macron supporters, and even to embarrass Trump, who pulled the US out of the Paris climate accord, they said, as protesters marched the streets of the French city calling for action to tackle the fires ravaging the Amazon rainforest.

“It’s our view that with France trying to drive these other issues outside of global economics, national security and trade, they’re trying to fracture the G7,” one official told White House reporter Gabby Orr.

Days earlier, Larry Kudlow, the director of the White House’s national economic council, criticised Macron’s decision to ditch the usual consensus communique at the end of the summit in favour of “coalitions’ of like-minded states. “These coalitions produce politically correct bromides such as calls to ban everything from straws to fossil fuels,” he said in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece.

Some US officials went further in their diaries, saying French officials had been difficult to work with in the build-up to the summit, and that the original schedule had said little or nothing about trade and the global economy until the US complained, a claim French officials deny.

America’s differing stance on the climate crisis has been a feature of the past two G7 summits, and just one issue on which divisions were so deep that the meeting was increasingly referred to as the G6 in Quebec last year, when Trump left early.

yawn....

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Was Ivanka wanted this time?

apparently not. I don't think even Trump takes his wife and first girl daughter to these shindigs anymore.

3 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I think it is the empty shell wearing it.

Yeah..Nah...it looks like...no..I better not. I'll be in trouble..again... :D

ECyxklTWkAA-vNL.jpg

Caption contest?

yawn

Looks like the host set up a meeting with Iran without telling the Pride of the GOP. Interesting development, in terms of who is leading the world these days, and who is trying to tear shit apart. 

Lead, follow or get out of the way. Looks like the other six have crossed out the first one for the US. 

https://aje.io/34psm

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s From Calvin's “stylized anus” line. It’s the latest in fashion.  

Looks like the result of a colonoscopy.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

MoreAmerica’s differing stance on the climate crisis . . . 

Note the tricky/propagandistic use of language here: it's not "Trump's stance", but "America's stance". 

Trump's wacked out climate views are not shared by the majority of the American people. 

Second, note that nation states do not take "stances". That sort of personification leads to all sorts of confusion and ignorance. 

I always used to call my students out when they used that sort of language. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Sean said:

G7 summit: Iran foreign minister makes surprise Biarritz appearance

Visit comes during summit at which policy on Iran has been one of most contentious issues

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/25/emmanuel-macron-floats-plan-g7-defuse-iran-tensions

At this point world leaders are openly fucking with him.  They know he’s done and are putting a fork in him.

12 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Yeah..Nah...it looks like...no..I better not. I'll be in trouble..again... :D

ECyxklTWkAA-vNL.jpg

Caption contest?

The solider in the middle , looks like "WTF I'm I guarding these asshole , one shot and the worlds a better place"

I saw a Jellyfish that looked almost exactly like that once...... It was toxic too.

52 minutes ago, Mid said:

nice shop job ......................:D

Not so sure. The parties were in those positions for the closing pictures today, and she was wearing that dress. There’s video of it on FB, that confirms positions.  

50 second mark  

• Like 1

yep , but that's all , no copies of the pic on the net .......

actually if you look at around 0:50 in the vid .....................

take back the shop call .

Trump was pissed off because Mme. Macron was standing in front of him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/08/donald-trump-g7-summit/596788/

Excerpt -

At the Group of Seven meeting in Biarritz, France, there are, in effect, two different summits under way—one that’s happening in President Donald Trump’s mind, and another that is actually happening on the ground; there’s the summit Trump is trying to will into existence, and the summit unfolding in real time.

1 hour ago, Voyageur said:

Justin better be careful....... She's toxic...................

5 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

She will suck out his soul

Na..... her open pleasure isn’t the just the thought of kissing Justin, it is the thought of pissing off Trump... just look at his demeanour. She is playing up to it..

So Trump wants to hold the next G7 to be held at Doral (because it’s failing badly and he’s not a real billionaire).

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/trumps-g-7-scam-further-illustrates-hes-a-faux-rich-moocher-and-not-the-billionaire-he-claims-to-be/

To bad it’s infested with bedbugs.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/donald-trump-doral-bed-bugs

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

So Trump wants to hold the next G7 to be held at Doral (because it’s failing badly and he’s not a real billionaire).

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/trumps-g-7-scam-further-illustrates-hes-a-faux-rich-moocher-and-not-the-billionaire-he-claims-to-be/

To bad it’s infested with bedbugs.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/donald-trump-doral-bed-bugs

Health violation list. 

https://data.tallahassee.com/restaurant-inspections/dade/trump-doralmain-kitchen/sea2318051/5398691/

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Trump's properties are mortgaged with variable rate loans.   This explains so much about his pressure on the Federal Reserve.    

7 minutes ago, Lark said:

Trump's properties are mortgaged with variable rate loans.   This explains so much about his pressure on the Federal Reserve.    

He bragged many times that he was going to be the first person to make money running for *resident.  

One more bad business deal on the pile of  dozens.  

Anybody want a well done tRump steak?  

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

What's the point in being POTUS if you don't enrich yourself while in office?

public servants are simply those professionals who want to achieve the public good above all else in their work.

Trump says Russia might be invited to next year's G7 Summit, though other leaders disagree

President Donald Trump said it is "certainly possible" that Russian President Vladimir Putin could be invited to next year's Group of Seven Summit, though other member nations seemed to disapprove.

Trump's comment Sunday came after he repeatedly touted support for the move. The same day the world leaders convened at the summit in southwest France, European Council President Donald Tusk said that " under no condition" would Russia be invited.

But one day later, Trump told reporters in Biarritz that "It's certainly possible, we'll see," based on a conversation among the members that happened the previous night, according to White House pool reports.

In the late 1940's America discovered Russia's KGB had been spying on the U.S. and began an investigation.  In the end, Bob Lamphere, an FBI agent and Meredith Gardner, a government codebreaker, uncovered a massive spy ring run by the KGB and populated by American citizens.  During that investigation it was discovered one of the Americans had been recruited in 1936 by an American KGB agent. 

In other words, all through WWII, Russian KGB had been actively spying on their ally, the United States.  The Russian government, we discovered, was one huge spy agency.  Since then, every American president has been acutely aware of this and knew to keep an ever watchful eye out on Russia.

Now we see our president actively campaigning on behalf of Russia, run by a former KGB officer, in front of the G7 leaders and all the world. 

What has happened to our country?

14 hours ago, Lark said:

Well, it seems those loans are co-signed by Russian oligarchs.  And the properties aren’t exactly throwing off a lot of cash.  

So...I’d be “incentivized” to give interest rates a nudge down...if I was a crooked *resident myself.

But we might ask ourselves why an American “billionaire” needs a Russian co-signer on a loan at all.

US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

I'll take Useful Idiot for 1000.

He's far too stupid and mouthy to be an asset.

To anyone.

He's an asset if he owes money to oligarchs who coach him on US policy.